ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Oliver $$$ Luck!!!!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU athletic department income over the years

I have a reputation for being analytical about everything, including my market portfolio and WVU sports and during my two decades as a sportswriter.

After hours of research, I thought this might interest some of you. There are gaps, despite Googling through article after article, so if anyone can fill in the gaps, have at it. I would appreciate it. The main gaps are from 2008 through 2011.

Here goes:

$50 million in fixed costs a year whether games are played or tickets are sold or not.

That includes athletic scholarships, coaches and staff salaries, debt service and costs for facilities.

Ticket sales exceeded $19 million in 2019.

Distributions from the NCAA and Big 12 were down slightly from $38.8 million to $37.7 million in 2019-20.

In 2018 WVU spent $22,453,097. So Casazza wrote. Other sources pay for the $50 million in fixed costs a year.

In 2019 WVU Athletic Director Shane Lyons said WVU sports brought $302.7 million a year into the state’s economy – people eating in restaurants, lodging, etc. And supports 2,109 jobs. When they show up for WVU games. That includes $193.9 million for coming to football games, $28.3 million for coming to basketball games.

Despite intense Googling there’s a gap in my investigation for some years (2008, 2009, 2010).

But I did find these annual income figures:

1999-2000: $21,775,209 $3,124,750 in football & $813,642 in basketball from Big East

2000-2001: $25,967,059 $3,080,000 in football & $1,099,476 in basketball from Big East

2002-2003: $28,069,805 $3,064,484 in football & $1,390,623 in basketball from Big East

2003-2004: $37,770,254 $3,200,000 in football and $1,390,623 in basketball from Big East

2004-2005: $33,541,339 $2,675,000 in football and $1,964,743 in basketball from Big East

2005-2006: $49,917,536 $5,206,452 in football and $1,964,743 in basketball from Big East

2006-2007: $46,970,708 $4,238,854 in football and $1,590,380 in basketball from the Big East

2007-2008: ???? $5,856,095 in football and $3,591,003 in basketball from Big East

2008-2009: ????

2009-2010: ????

2010-2011: ????

2011-2012: ???? WVU received less than $7 million from Big East

West Virginia spent $5.1 million on travel for all sports that year. In the Big 12 WVU’s travel costs of all of its sports teams is $7.55 million. That’s an extra $2.45 million a year in travel costs to get $31 million more from its conference. More than $28 million profit, thank you, Oliver Luck. During its first three years in the Big 12, West Virginia’s average yearly revenue was $82.36 million dollars. During the previous three years in the Big East, West Virginia’s average yearly revenue was $67.51 million dollars. And that’s with less than 100% from the Big 12 for those 3 years!

2012-2013: $80,064,/869 WVU received more than $10 million for its 1st year in Big 12 (before WVU was phased in to full payments with other schools – 50% in 2012-13, 67% in 2013-14, 85% in 2014-15 and 100% in 2015-16; still almost 50% increase over its best Big East payout with the 50% Big 12 payout in 2012-2013). WVU’s expenses were $92,968,426.

2013-2014: ???? WVU received $14 million from Big 12 (67% of what other schools got)

2014-2015: ???? WVU received $23 million for its 3rd-year 85% payout from the Big 12

2016-2017: ???? $34.8 million for football and basketball from Big 12 in its 1st 100% equal pay to other members

2017-2018: ???? WVU received $36.5 million for football and basketball from the Big 12

2018-2019: ???? $38.8 million from Big 12

2019-2020: ???? $37.7 million from Big 12

WVU fans owe Oliver Luck a HUGE debt of gratitude for getting WVU into the Big 12. It's a conference with more respect and income than today's Big East or what's left of it and WVU would have been left out of the Power 5 conference realignment because the ACC, Big 10 and Southeast Conference weren't interested in adding WVU.

You can thank Oliver Luck for getting in touch with Don Nehlen to talk to Chuck Neinas on WVU behalf that got them into Big 12.

Oliver Luck lived in Houston a good portion of his life.
He didn't need anyone except himself to talk with people in the Big 12

Luck did a great job securing WVUs future and moving the program into the BIG 12. A very underapreciated job.

Reactions: xafjag
Just a reminder for those who complain about the increased travel cost of being in the Big 12 compared to the old Big East:

West Virginia spent $5.1 million on travel for all sports its last year in the Big East. In the Big 12 WVU’s travel costs of all of its sports teams is $7.55 million. That’s an extra $2.45 million a year in travel costs to get $31 million more from its conference. More than $28 million profit, thank you, Oliver Luck.

It made economic sense to get into the Big 12. Yes, I'm not happy that WVU fans, including me, can't drive to Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Blacksburg, even Boston or Connecticut, to be at the road games. But no one can argue the economics although there are those who have pointed to the increased travel costs for the team, about 60% more. But the income for WVU is QUADRUPLE its best year in the Big East.

Such a bargain!

Still the smug, arrogant POS. You’re insufferable brah no doubt. Just because an online makes an uninformed statement that doesn’t make him right. I can tell by your last sentence that you have zero idea what networking means in big business. Allen’s point is legit. Luck used his network and cashed his chips in to secure WVUs spot in the Big12.

You can thank Oliver Luck for getting in touch with Don Nehlen to talk to Chuck Neinas on WVU behalf that got them into Big 12.

As much as I hate the cowtown Big12 Luck was brilliant and invaluable by securing WVUs spot at the big boy table.

Still the smug, arrogant POS. You’re insufferable brah no doubt. Just because an online makes an uninformed statement that doesn’t make him right. I can tell by your last sentence that you have zero idea what networking means in big business. Allen’s point is legit. Luck used his network and cashed his chips in to secure WVUs spot in the Big12.

Like I said...
Oliver Luck lived in Houston/Texas for most of 25 years. Except for his time in Europe.
During this time he actually attended Law School at the University of Texas.

Luck had already established connections to a few Big 12 universities.

Actually some schools wanted Louisville. Even Oklahoma

I'm sure several people played a role in WVU moving into the BIG 12, but without Oliver Luck steering the ship it wouldn't have happened.

There's no telling what/where WVU sports would be now had this not happened.

Its not really debateable the positive impact Luck had.

How many damn times do I have to show the proof to you trolls. Get the hell off this site.

Nehlen played vital role in getting WVU to the Big 12
Luck and Clements had an especially valuable ally in their fight to land in the Big 12: Don Nehlen. Clements asked the Mountaineers’ Hall of Fame football coach to reach out to Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas and help make their case. They’d been great friends for decades, dating back to when Neinas was executive director of the College Football Association and Nehlen was chairman of the CFA’s coaches committee and the two worked closely together on a variety of national issues.

“Big-time,” Clements said. “That was key. That relationship was critical.”

One must remember that at the time WVU and Louisville were pushing to get into the Big 12 along with TCU as it expanded to fill its final vacancy created by the departure of Missouri and it was hardly a foregone conclusion that the Mountaineers will fill the spot.

They already had been turned away by the ACC and with Pitt and Syracuse having gone from the Big East, that conference was without any prestige or Eastern football presence.

So what happened?

That’s what Nehlen was asked on Monday morning.

“Chuck and I were really good friends.”

“We had worked together for five or six years. He was the executive director of the College Football Association and I was the representative of the Football Coaches of America,” Nehlen began.

“We would meet three or four times a year and we were very instrumental in getting some sanity in the recruiting rules.”

The most important thing they did with recruiting was manage to put together a proposal to get alumni and boosters out of the recruiting process, which was not an easy sell for Nehlen to the coaches.

Luck and Clements had held negotiations with Neinas but hadn’t yet reached a deal.

“When going to the Big 12 rolled around, President Clements called me and said, ‘Hey, Don, Chuck Neinas says he’s not going to do anything unless he talks to you.’ So, I called Chuck,” Nehlen said.

Neinas had been the commissioner of the Big Eight for a decade before leaving and was serving as interim commissioner at this time in 2011.

Nehlen reports the conversation went like this, or something close to it;

NEHLEN: Hey, Chuck, what’s up?

NEINAS: Do you want in the Big 12?

NEHLEN: Yes we do.

NEINAS: Well, I’ll tell you what. If you want in, you are going to have to play next year and you’ve got to get an airport so we can land in Morgantown.

And that was that.

“I left the airport up to Dr. Clements. I said, ‘You handle that one,’” Nehlen said.

Let’s just say that’s still ongoing.

Oh, the Big East fought to block WVU from leaving, threatening to enforce its 27-month advance notice of departure rule, but WVU was willing to challenge that.

Certainly Nehlen was ready to make the move.

“I knew the Big East was crumbling. I’ll be honest. I was kind of disappointed. I thought we’d get into the ACC. It kind of made sense geographically. The Big 12 didn’t make sense geographically,” he said.

“When Miami, Boston College and Virginia Tech pulled out, the Big East became just an average league. It was starting to fall apart.

“I thought we had to do something but Ollie and Dr. Clements really wanted to get into the Big 12 ... so, whatever little I could do I did.”

And what he could do was convince Neinas that WVU was ready to play at that level right away.

“I told him, Chuck, we could be competitive right away ... maybe not with Oklahoma. But Texas had slipped and was going through some tough times,” Nehlen said.

Neinas was receptive and Nehlen knew the deal would get done.

Reactions: KingCoal
I'm sure several people played a role in WVU moving into the BIG 12, but without Oliver Luck steering the ship it wouldn't have happened.

Well I see your suspension is over. Get off your knees now. Showed you proof now go back to your love fest with Holgorsen.

How many damn times do I have to show the proof to you trolls. Get the hell off this site.

Luck and Clements had an especially valuable ally in their fight to land in the Big 12: Don Nehlen. Clements asked the Mountaineers’ Hall of Fame football coach to reach out to Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas and help make their case. They’d been great friends for decades, dating back to when Neinas was executive director of the College Football Association and Nehlen was chairman of the CFA’s coaches committee and the two worked closely together on a variety of national issues.

One must remember that at the time WVU and Louisville were pushing to get into the Big 12 along with TCU as it expanded to fill its final vacancy created by the departure of Missouri and it was hardly a foregone conclusion that the Mountaineers will fill the spot.

They already had been turned away by the ACC and with Pitt and Syracuse having gone from the Big East, that conference was without any prestige or Eastern football presence.

So what happened?

That’s what Nehlen was asked on Monday morning.

“Chuck and I were really good friends.”

“We had worked together for five or six years. He was the executive director of the College Football Association and I was the representative of the Football Coaches of America,” Nehlen began.

“We would meet three or four times a year and we were very instrumental in getting some sanity in the recruiting rules.”

The most important thing they did with recruiting was manage to put together a proposal to get alumni and boosters out of the recruiting process, which was not an easy sell for Nehlen to the coaches.

Luck and Clements had held negotiations with Neinas but hadn’t yet reached a deal.

“When going to the Big 12 rolled around, President Clements called me and said, ‘Hey, Don, Chuck Neinas says he’s not going to do anything unless he talks to you.’ So, I called Chuck,” Nehlen said.

Neinas had been the commissioner of the Big Eight for a decade before leaving and was serving as interim commissioner at this time in 2011.

Nehlen reports the conversation went like this, or something close to it;

NEHLEN: Hey, Chuck, what’s up?

NEINAS: Do you want in the Big 12?

NEHLEN: Yes we do.

NEINAS: Well, I’ll tell you what. If you want in, you are going to have to play next year and you’ve got to get an airport so we can land in Morgantown.

And that was that.

“I left the airport up to Dr. Clements. I said, ‘You handle that one,’” Nehlen said.

Let’s just say that’s still ongoing.

Oh, the Big East fought to block WVU from leaving, threatening to enforce its 27-month advance notice of departure rule, but WVU was willing to challenge that.

Certainly Nehlen was ready to make the move.

“I knew the Big East was crumbling. I’ll be honest. I was kind of disappointed. I thought we’d get into the ACC. It kind of made sense geographically. The Big 12 didn’t make sense geographically,” he said.

“When Miami, Boston College and Virginia Tech pulled out, the Big East became just an average league. It was starting to fall apart.

“I thought we had to do something but Ollie and Dr. Clements really wanted to get into the Big 12 ... so, whatever little I could do I did.”

And what he could do was convince Neinas that WVU was ready to play at that level right away.

“I told him, Chuck, we could be competitive right away ... maybe not with Oklahoma. But Texas had slipped and was going through some tough times,” Nehlen said.

Neinas was receptive and Nehlen knew the deal would get done.

If Texas said no you wouldn't have gotten in.
It would have been Louisville.

Louisville is an Adidas school and Adidas was pushing KU.
The people at OU came out and said they liked Louisville

EVEN A CAVEMAN KNOWS THAT OLIVER LUCK WAS THE #1 REASON THAT WVU GOT INTO THE BIG 12. OLIVER WAS GREAT AT STARTUPS THAT GREW FAST. THEN HE'D GET BORED AND MOVE ON. HE DIDN'T STAY AT WVU LONG BUT LONG ENOUGH TO PUT WVU ON A PATH WHERE IT HAD TO SPEND $50,000 A YEAR MORE FOR TRAVEL TO MAKE $36 MILLION MORE IN CONFERENCE REVENUE. GREAT FINANCIAL MOVE! I'M AS UNHAPPY AS ANYONE THAT WE CAN'T DRIVE TO PITT, SYRACUSE OR PENN STATE TO PLAY CONFERENCE GAMES BUT THE REALIGNMENT WOULD HAVE TURNED WVU INTO A MINOR PLAYER WITHOUT OLIVER LUCK. AS I SAY AGAIN AND AGAIN: THANK GOD FOR OLIVER LUCK COMING TO WVU WHEN HE DID. SAVED OUR BACON. NOW WE SIZZLE IN THE BIG 12!

EVEN A CAVEMAN KNOWS THAT OLIVER LUCK WAS THE #1 REASON THAT WVU GOT INTO THE BIG 12. OLIVER WAS GREAT AT STARTUPS THAT GREW FAST. THEN HE'D GET BORED AND MOVE ON. HE DIDN'T STAY AT WVU LONG BUT LONG ENOUGH TO PUT WVU ON A PATH WHERE IT HAD TO SPEND $50,000 A YEAR MORE FOR TRAVEL TO MAKE $36 MILLION MORE IN CONFERENCE REVENUE. GREAT FINANCIAL MOVE! I'M AS UNHAPPY AS ANYONE THAT WE CAN'T DRIVE TO PITT, SYRACUSE OR PENN STATE TO PLAY CONFERENCE GAMES BUT THE REALIGNMENT WOULD HAVE TURNED WVU INTO A MINOR PLAYER WITHOUT OLIVER LUCK. AS I SAY AGAIN AND AGAIN: THANK GOD FOR OLIVER LUCK COMING TO WVU WHEN HE DID. SAVED OUR BACON. NOW WE SIZZLE IN THE BIG 12!

False. Now quit with your lying troll ass. Oliver Luck and Clements brought Nehlen in to talk to Neinas to get the deal done.

Luck and Clements received virtually all of the credit, but it’s come to my attention that there was another player in the process who may have played just as an important of a role. Luck and Clements had an especially valuable ally in their fight to land in the Big 12- Don Nehlen. Clements asked the Mountaineers’ Hall of Fame football coach to reach out to Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas and help make their case. They’d been great friends for decades, dating back to when Neinas was executive director of the College Football Association and Nehlen was chairman of the coaches committee and the two worked closely together on a variety of national issues.

“Chuck and I were really good friends. We had worked together for five or six years. He was the executive director of the College Football Association and I was the representative of the Football Coaches of America,” Nehlen said.

Nehlen said in an interview last week that when he spoke to Neinas on WVU’s behalf the commissioner told him WVU would need to play in 2012 and get an airport where they could land. I’m sure there is a little more to it that that, but Nehlen did seem to have a significant influence in getting WVU into a Power Five conference.

Nehlen arguably (some argue, not me) built the football program into a national brand when he came to West Virginia in 1980 and coached for 20 years. That’s the kind of stuff that gets stadiums named for you.

And finally, a Don Nehlen story from Chuck Neinas, former Big Eight and Big 12 commissioner who today is still the No. 1 consultant in collegiate sports.

Neinas and Nehlen worked closely together when Neinas was the executive director of the College Football Association (CFA), the two becoming great friends. Whenever they get together, Neinas always manages to tease the coach about the time he ripped into a group of college presidents at a CFA board meeting.

“(Nehlen) was on the board of directors – we had 11 members and there was one football coach, one AD, one faculty rep, one conference commissioner and basically presidents and chancellors,” Neinas recalled. “And Don was representing the football coaches at that time.”

The group had finished its morning work session and after returning from lunch, the chair of the group went around the room seeking suggestions on how college football could be improved before wrapping up the meeting.

“Don was the next to last to speak and when they came to him they said, ‘What do you think, Don?’ He said, ‘I think we should knock off all the bull----.’ That was something, especially coming from Don (who rarely spoke in colorful language). Don said, ‘I’m having lunch with all these presidents and you’re all talking about how your incoming freshman classes have 1,200-1,300 on their board scores. You expect me to recruit guys who do 750 and graduate at the same level as the 1,200-1,300s. Now, all college coaches know who the boss is – it’s the president – and let me remind you, if we don’t have the players to fill the seats on Saturdays then you can’t pay the bills, so don’t tell us one thing and expect another!’”

Nehlen left a big impression on everyone at the meeting, especially the presidents and chancellors sitting on the CFA board at the time.

In fact, every single one of them offered him a job during his WVU coaching tenure, including Missouri’s chancellor, who once sent Dan Devine to Morgantown to try and talk Nehlen into taking the Missouri football job.

Nehlen literally had to kick Devine out of his office because the former Notre Dame coach was told to hire Nehlen at any cost.

But by that time, Nehlen was fully settled and established in Morgantown, and had developed a great bond with the state of West Virginia.

So it wasn't Oliver Luck which still makes me right so buzz off dead beat.

Makes you right?

It was Oliver Luck's connections to the University of Texas.
Plain and simple. It was him living in Houston associating with boosters from a few Big 12 schools.
Including Drayton McLane. Baylor booster and former owner of the Houston Astros.

Some of these same boosters at Texas wanted to bring him as AD
But Luck wanted to stay in Indianapolis because his son was playing for the Colts.

Makes you right?

It was Oliver Luck's connections to the University of Texas.
Plain and simple. It was him living in Houston associating with boosters from a few Big 12 schools.
Including Drayton McLane. Baylor booster and former owner of the Houston Astros.

Some of these same boosters at Texas wanted to bring him as AD
But Luck wanted to stay in Indianapolis because his son was playing for the Colts.

It was Oliver Luck and Clements that went to Don Nehlen to talk to Commissioner Neinas his long time friend. Both plainly stated Nehlen was the biggest key.

It was Oliver Luck and Clements that went to Don Nehlen to talk to Commissioner Neinas his long time friend. Both plainly stated Nehlen was the biggest key.

Commissioners are puppets
They have zero power. They only do what the presidents/Chancellors want.
As we saw in the B1G

Whoever is writing this article is clueless on how things actually work. Especially in the Big 12.

As we saw in the B1G

Whoever is writing this article is clueless on how things actually work. Especially in the Big 12.

Whoever you are is clueless. The article was brought to light because the quotes of Clements and Oliver Luck to show Don Nehlen played a key and critical part into WVU and Big 12 discussions. Quotes are not allowed to be misleading or made up. Now run along little lady and do a lap dance for your multiple profiles. CLOWN.

Whoever you are is clueless. The article was brought to light because the quotes of Clements and Oliver Luck to show Don Nehlen played a key and critical part into WVU and Big 12 discussions. Quotes are not allowed to be misleading or made up. Now run along little lady and do a lap dance for your multiple profiles. CLOWN.

Still not getting it...

The power in conferences are with the individual universities.
Conferences for the most part act on behalf of these universities.

So the decision to add WVU was made by the individual universities.
Without the support of Texas it was Dead on Arrival because of where Oklahoma and Kansas were at with Louisville.

If you want to say anything you can say Chuck Neinas assisted in making sure those other Big 12 schools were on the same page.

But that was after the fact.
The fact being that Oliver Luck used his connections to create advocates for WVU to the Big 12 inside the Big 12.

If you want to say anything you can say Chuck Neinas assisted in making sure those other Big 12 schools were on the same page.

But that was after the fact.
The fact being that Oliver Luck used his connections to create advocates for WVU to the Big 12 inside the Big 12.

You never get it because your an ass-hole.

The fact being that part of Oliver lucks connection was Don Nehlen being pals with Chuck Neinas.

Personally wished Big 12 would have taken Louisville. The 2 pompous a-holes fit well together.

You never get it because your an ass-hole.

The fact being that part of Oliver lucks connection was Don Nehlen being pals with Chuck Neinas.

Personally wished Big 12 would have taken Louisville. The 2 pompous a-holes fit well together.

True.

But like I said that was after the fact.

Two things helped WVU
1) Being a flagship university. Louisville will always be Kentucky's bitch. Will never challenge them for supremacy in-state.

2) Oliver Luck being able to use his connections. If he didn't have support from schools like Texas and Baylor it might have not happened regardless of Don Nehlen.

True.

But like I said that was after the fact.

Two things helped WVU
1) Being a flagship university. Louisville will always be Kentucky's bitch. Will never challenge them for supremacy in-state.

2) Oliver Luck being able to use his connections. If he didn't have support from schools like Texas and Baylor it might have not happened regardless of Don Nehlen.

You say after the fact but you have no proof and no clue as usual.

We should just try to skip the kiddy table and try to get into the NFL’s AFC North Division. This is a slam dunk if Superior Head Coach Dana Holgersen steps up like that second rate Nehlen did.

People give Ollie grief because he got us on the last lifeboat that landed on the only conference island that would take us. It could have been MUCH worse. If Clements was such a gem, why are we not in the Asheshe? BECAUSE THE BLUEBLOODS IN DURHAM, CHAPEL HILL, AND RALEIGH SAID NO A LONG TIME AGO. Fast Eddie stood dockside in 2003 when VPLies, Cryami, and BC jumped ship and waved bye bye. He was too interested in what Uncle Joe was telling him to do like play Marshall in football. Ollie was NOT going to let that happen when Suckacuse and sPitt jumped ship and the Big lEast folded like a cheap suit. But dangerous, what about Louisville and us and the Asheshe? Same reason as above as it was NEVER going to happen no matter how many people can whine and complain that it did not happen. The same bluebloods that turned us down 70 years ago when the old SoCon folded were not going to say yes 10 years ago when the choice was either us or Loserville when Maryland left for the B1G.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
They have zero power.
They only do what the presidents/Chancellors want.
As we saw in the B1G

Once again, you prove that you know nothing about the B1G. The new B1G Commissioner is as Marxist as you are, and conspired with the left-wing B1G Presidents to cancel the season. Only Nebraska, Ohio State, and the man that you hate more than anybody else in the World ensured that the B1G had a football season.

Once again, you prove that you know nothing about the B1G. The new B1G Commissioner is as Marxist as you are, and conspired with the left-wing B1G Presidents to cancel the season. Only Nebraska, Ohio State, and the man that you hate more than anybody else in the World ensured that the B1G had a football season.

What does that have to do with anything

More than that you are proving my point. Wasn't him...
It was the B1G presidents.

A conference commissioner acts on behalf of the individual schools. He is a figurehead more than anything and doesn't have the power.

What does that have to do with anything

More than that you are proving my point. Wasn't him...
It was the B1G presidents.

A conference commissioner acts on behalf of the individual schools. He is a figurehead more than anything and doesn't have the power.
You're reading at a third-grade level, and you should try using a question mark, just once...it won't hurt...I promise. The new woke B1G Commissioner lobbied B1G Presidents to prematurely cancel the B1G season, and was able to convince the majority of them--most of whom were Marxists like you--to prematurely cancel the season. Only after the parents of players at Nebraska and Ohio State had raised Hell and DJT had stepped in, was the B1G football season reinstated. Stay in your lane, bruh.

From the power conferences like the SEC and the Big Ten to the smaller conferences like the Sun Belt and MAC, it is the conference commissioners who are in charge of running the sport of college football.

Commissioners have become so much more high profile. Thirty or forty years ago, nobody knew who the heck they were. Now, everybody knows them. The heads of the SEC, Big 12, Pac-12 and Atlantic Coast is multifaceted.

Now more than ever, they are the faces of their leagues. And if that's going to change going forward, it will probably only increase, not decrease.

From the power conferences like the SEC and the Big Ten to the smaller conferences like the Sun Belt and MAC, it is the conference commissioners who are in charge of running the sport of college football.

Commissioners have become so much more high profile. Thirty or forty years ago, nobody knew who the heck they were. Now, everybody knows them. The heads of the SEC, Big 12, Pac-12 and Atlantic Coast is multifaceted.

Now more than ever, they are the faces of their leagues. And if that's going to change going forward, it will probably only increase, not decrease.

Commissioners are acting on behalf of the universities.

Plain and simple.

This is why you rarely see them replaced.

You're reading at a third-grade level, and you should try using a question mark, just once...it won't hurt...I promise. The new woke B1G Commissioner lobbied B1G Presidents to prematurely cancel the B1G season, and was able to convince the majority of them--most of whom were Marxists like you--to prematurely cancel the season. Only after the parents of players at Nebraska and Ohio State had raised Hell and DJT had stepped in, was the B1G football season reinstated. Stay in your lane, bruh.

Once again....

You are proving my point

If the commissioner was the one in charge he wouldn't have to lobby anyone

Once again....

You are proving my point

If the commissioner was the one in charge he wouldn't have to lobby anyone
You have completely changed your argument. These were your own words, so enjoy being hung by them: "Commissioners are puppets
As we saw in the B1G." If Commissioners had ZERO POWER, then they'd be impotent (like you) to convince anybody to do anything. You must have been the President of the Debate Club at Marshall because you really suck at this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT