ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Oliver $$$ Luck!!!!

The presentation of WVU to the Big 12 presidents

Included WVU presented as the flagship university who competed in both football and basketball at a higher level than Louisville.

The Final 4 appearance helped because Louisville did have an Orange Bowl.

This was often sited as reasoning for the decision.

You are without

question a no nothing

moron holding hostage

an unregulated website.

Every time I come back to the

site I realize you are without

question the most obnoxious

loser ever to be online. Don’t

take it from me sir.........just look around

right now.

VaTech always wanted to be with UVA in ACC. Bark up a different tree. I had clients literally involved in expansion talks both on the university side and broadcast/network side. You literally are foolish.

When they were in the Big East

But that locked them up in the ACC when the SEC came calling.

Both VA Tech and NC State were options for the SEC after Missouri.
Missouri just made the most sense because they didn't have issues with instate schools.

Missouri just made the most sense because they didn't have issues with instate schools.
VPLies was NEVER going to the $EC. Blacksburg brings nothing to the table in that conference. This is the same $EC that Georgia Tech and Tulane were once members of. VPLies was hitched to UVGay's wagon and NC State is attached to the Dook and UNC. I imagine that had the Big lEast imploded in 2003 instead of 9 years later, Fast Eddie would have us stuck with Marshall in the Conference of Misfit Toys.

You’re confused! You actually think you can tell me something I don’t know about the Big East implosion and anything regarding expansion. Aaaaahahaha.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Tennessee will play a huge role in moving that direction

Very much like LSU played a huge role in the last expansion by the SEC.

But end of the day Tennessee likes VA Tech.
If it came down to it last time they would have brought in VA Tech.

But they screwed themselves in getting out of the Big East
Was very shortsighted

You’re confused! You actually think you can tell me something I don’t know about the Big East implosion and anything regarding expansion. Aaaaahahaha.
I've never understood why the Marshall graduate chooses to come to this forum, and somehow come across as being smart. Maybe he's just insecure, and has nobody else to communicate with? Not sure, but I've never seen anything like it before. It's one thing to pretend to be a Texas Longhorn fan, while spending every woke moment on a WVU board, but it's another thing to do so while maintaining an encyclopedia full of handles.

Weird if you ask me.

I've never understood why the Marshall graduate chooses to come to this forum, and somehow come across as being smart. Maybe he's just insecure, and has nobody else to communicate with? Not sure, but I've never seen anything like it before. It's one thing to pretend to be a Texas Longhorn fan, while spending every woke moment on a WVU board, but it's another thing to do so while maintaining an encyclopedia full of handles.

Weird if you ask me.

We can ask the same question about you.

If it is wrong why don't we all just end the charade

We can ask the same question about you.

If it is wrong why don't we all just end the charade
No charade here.

One profile. Certainly not a Marshall grad. Wolverine fan.

Been to Huntington twice, once for a regional hoops final, and the other time stopping to eat on the way to King's Island about 48 years ago.

Why the charade, and why the need for dozens of profiles?

No charade here.

One profile. Certainly not a Marshall grad. Wolverine fan.

Been to Huntington twice, once for a regional hoops final, and the other time stopping to eat on the way to King's Island about 48 years ago.

Why the charade, and why the need for dozens of profiles?

🤣😂🤣😂

This is too easy. Dealing with the mentally handicapped.

If what I am doing is wrong we can ask the same questions about you.

Plus WVU plays Texas. They don't play Michigan nor Ohio State.

Why does a Michigan fan who also rides with Marshall stay on a WVU message board all day?

Why does a Michigan fan who also rides with Marshall stay on a WVU message board all day?
I have friends that post on this forum, and I grew up in WV, as a WVU fan, and have probably attended more games than most that post here. Like many back in the 70's/80's/90's, I rooted for both in-state schools. Moved away many, many years ago, and have been a Michigan fan for well over two decades now.

I have friends that post on this forum, and I grew up in WV, as a WVU fan, and have probably attended more games than most that post here. Like many back in the 70's/80's/90's, I rooted for both in-state schools. Moved away many, many years ago, and have been a Michigan fan for well over two decades now.
😂🤣😂

Your friends happen to be fellow shitbirds.

Using King Coal as a reason to be here.

This is too funny

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
🤣😂🤣😂

This is too easy. Dealing with the mentally handicapped.

If what I am doing is wrong we can ask the same questions about you.

Plus WVU plays Texas. They don't play Michigan nor Ohio State.

Because MeatchickenTurd would rather talk to intelligent people instead of the HerdiotNation Circle Jerk Club. That bunch hates hearing an opinion that is not approved by the followers of Aaron Perkins.

Was very shortsighted

Online fanboy banter about things they make up out of thin air is so adorable.

Weird if you ask me.

Super weird! Makes me giggle when he posts out of his ass haha. I have clients that are literally wired and one is in the Media Hall Of Fame. I can private his bio. Super star!!! Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Google boy can’t Google the things I know for a fact. He doesn’t even realize who he’s talking posting with on this fine site.

Online fanboy banter about things they make up out of thin air is so adorable.

Just because you don't want something to be true doesn't make it....

There are two remaining states that the SEC doesn't have a school.
Three if you include the Oklahoma Territory at the time....

But the two states are N Carolina and Virginia.

Add it up. It is well known that the SEC was in conversation with VA Tech and NC State.
They still desire them today. Like I have said before. I would be surprised if NC State doesn't end up in the SEC. Don't know about VA Tech.

😂🤣😂

Your friends happen to be fellow shitbirds.

Using King Coal as a reason to be here.

This is too funny
I'm so deeply embedded in your tiny skull that you can't stop mentioning me in your pi$$ing matches with other posters. The number of WVU fans on here who ridicule you, a fellow WVU fan, is astounding. Nobody believes that you or any of your 35+ other handles have connections, other than to your Google bookmark. I'm embarrassed for you.

I'm so deeply embedded in your tiny skull that you can't stop mentioning me in your pi$$ing matches with other posters. The number of WVU fans on here who ridicule you, a fellow WVU fan, is astounding. Nobody believes that you or any of your 35+ other handles have connections, other than to your Google bookmark. I'm embarrassed for you.

Supporting your friend MichiganHerd...

He said he is here because of you. So it is your fault that we have such shitty posters on here

Was very shortsighted
So is all this tied into WVU replacing Virginia Tech in the ACC and the Big 12 brings in USC and UCLA, Nebraska drops to FCS, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, NotreDame, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas form their own conference. Your BS goes on and on and on ......

So is all this tied into WVU replacing Virginia Tech in the ACC and the Big 12 brings in USC and UCLA, Nebraska drops to FCS, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, NotreDame, Florida, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas form their own conference. Your BS goes on and on and on ......

I do know the only way WVU gets into the ACC.
Back to the beginning of why getting into the Big 12 was so important.
Reason why Oliver Luck was named AD. You can go back before then when Joe Manchin named him to the board of governors.

You mean you can’t back up the claim that Luck didn’t need Nehlen?

If big bad Oliver Luck could do the job, why was Dandy Don called?

Your turn.

You can think whatever you want....

Nehlen wouldn't have helped with Texas. Ultimately the reason why WVU is in the Big 12 is because Texas stood on the table for them even with Louisville taking it to one of the highest levels of the federal government.

Just because you don't want something to be true doesn't make it....

There are two remaining states that the SEC doesn't have a school.
Three if you include the Oklahoma Territory at the time....

But the two states are N Carolina and Virginia.

Add it up. It is well known that the SEC was in conversation with VA Tech and NC State.
They still desire them today. Like I have said before. I would be surprised if NC State doesn't end up in the SEC. Don't know about VA Tech.

Again fanboy no one cares what you think google boy

How you holding up Eers? Healthy? Did you get vaccine yet? Villages right? Hope all is well.
I got both Pfizer shots and on Saturday will be able to visit my 5th great-grandchildren for the first time. He's 2 months old and 15 miles away but COVID kept us apart. His parents both have their 2 shots, too, and I'll wear a mass. At 88, I don't have time to waste to visit my 5 great-grandchildren (3 will be there Saturday in Ohio). I don't spent 4 months in The Villages over the winter any more because I have to keep my dinosaur body close to doctors and hospitals who have my full history and can jump right in if I have a problem. In Florida I had to answer the same questions to a zillion doctors in Ocala to get treated. Thanks for asking. I'm still ecstatic about the Texas bodyslamming victory. Most vicious game of the season.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I got both Pfizer shots and on Saturday will be able to visit my 5th great-grandchildren for the first time. He's 2 months old and 15 miles away but COVID kept us apart. His parents both have their 2 shots, too, and I'll wear a mass. At 88, I don't have time to waste to visit my 5 great-grandchildren (3 will be there Saturday in Ohio). I don't spent 4 months in The Villages over the winter any more because I have to keep my dinosaur body close to doctors and hospitals who have my full history and can jump right in if I have a problem. In Florida I had to answer the same questions to a zillion doctors in Ocala to get treated. Thanks for asking. I'm still ecstatic about the Texas bodyslamming victory. Most vicious game of the season.

Great news! Enjoy you time with your family. My son and his wife are giving us our first Grandchild in March!!! I’m very impressed with how the team responded to a tough mid season loss of a solid big. Look forward to see how March goes. A lot to be excited about.

Great news! Enjoy you time with your family. My son and his wife are giving us our first Grandchild in March!!! I’m very impressed with how the team responded to a tough mid season loss of a solid big. Look forward to see how March goes. A lot to be excited about.

I absolutely am stoked for the Big 12 tournament and March Madness. I would LOVE to see 4 Big 12 teams in the Elite 8. It's possible. That would be historic! First grandchild? Young whipper-snapper! I have FIVE great-grandchildren, including a 12-year-old. When you're a dinosaur, that happens.

Go read the decision that was made and how they presented their decision.

Don't need proof when I am familiar with people in the know around a few Big 12 universities.

But when WVU was compared to Louisville. It was said that WVU had competed at a higher level in both sports than Louisville.

WVU was willing to sue to get out of the Big East contract. Louisville wasn't that dedicated. They beleived Big 12 would not ask WVU nor did they think WVU had the power to break free of Big East. After realizing they were freaking wrong as usual they cried to their daddy in the senate McConnell.

Sounds like some illegal dealings behind closed doors with McConnell.

Hance said he understood that West Virginia offered greater television appeal than Louisville, but said that Texas Tech was concerned about travel difficulties.

“The opposition to West Virginia had to do with the distance,” he said. He added, “All this TV stuff is important, but it’s not as important as the student-athlete.”

Senator Jay Rockefeller, Democrat of West Virginia, expressed a sentiment similar to Manchin’s, saying: “The Big 12 picked W.V.U. on the strength of its program, period. Now the media reports that political games may upend that. That’s just flat wrong. I am doing and will do whatever it takes to get us back to the merits.”

Don Stewart, McConnell’s spokesman, declined to comment. Boren did not return an e-mail seeking comment.

WVU thought everything was finished at that time.
Oliver Luck pretty much thought it was a done deal

A lot of this came about because of the University of Texas
If you read further into this you will see that Texas fully backed WVU
McConnell had no power over them.

McConnell actually tried to use T Boone to get power over Oklahoma State .
I believe the issues in the Senate were due to a conversation with T Boone.

T Boone ran the Oklahoma State athletic department
Made coaches pet his green parrot.

McConnell was going to help T Boone.
Pickens wasn't afraid to get help for free.

Kent Hance is a POS according to some.

He threw Mike Leach overboard to gain political influence with Rick Perry.

The firing of Mike Leach was extremely political. Leach ruffled the feathers of Perry and all the A&M people.
Hance doesn't have an issue with using his position to gain political power.

People give Ollie grief because he got us on the last lifeboat that landed on the only conference island that would take us. It could have been MUCH worse. If Clements was such a gem, why are we not in the Asheshe? BECAUSE THE BLUEBLOODS IN DURHAM, CHAPEL HILL, AND RALEIGH SAID NO A LONG TIME AGO. Fast Eddie stood dockside in 2003 when VPLies, Cryami, and BC jumped ship and waved bye bye. He was too interested in what Uncle Joe was telling him to do like play Marshall in football. Ollie was NOT going to let that happen when Suckacuse and sPitt jumped ship and the Big lEast folded like a cheap suit. But dangerous, what about Louisville and us and the Asheshe? Same reason as above as it was NEVER going to happen no matter how many people can whine and complain that it did not happen. The same bluebloods that turned us down 70 years ago when the old SoCon folded were not going to say yes 10 years ago when the choice was either us or Loserville when Maryland left for the B1G.
WVU had a done deal with the SEC until ESPN told the SEC to take Missouri instead of WVU and that was Ollie's work as well. Yes, B12 was the only visible lifeboat at the time after ESPN sank our SEC spot but the Maryland move created an ACC opening that might have gone to WVU if Louisville had taken the last B12 spot.

Reactions: Mountain Man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT