ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you, Oliver $$$ Luck!!!!

WVU had a done deal with the SEC until ESPN told the SEC to take Missouri instead of WVU and that was Ollie's work as well. Yes, B12 was the only visible lifeboat at the time after ESPN sank our SEC spot but the Maryland move created an ACC opening that might have gone to WVU if Louisville had taken the last B12 spot.

Absolutely zero truth there.

ESPN was involved in negotiations from Day 1.
Missouri didn't join the B1G because the SEC was offering full money from Day 1.

WVU was never at any time offered anything by the SEC.

This idea that offers are made by conferences that are pulled away has no truth to it all.

Numerous SEC media sources have confirmed that WVU was never pursued by the conference.
Pipe Dream by some who have no clue

Bottom line: Only Oliver Luck could have saved WVU's bacon when the conference realignment tsunami hit. That's why I thank God every day that Luck was our Luck-y penny and got my alma mater into the Big 12!

WVU had a done deal with the SEC until ESPN told the SEC to take Missouri instead of WVU and that was Ollie's work as well. Yes, B12 was the only visible lifeboat at the time after ESPN sank our SEC spot but the Maryland move created an ACC opening that might have gone to WVU if Louisville had taken the last B12 spot.
As I said, if WVU was going to the Asheshe, it would have been when the conference formed in the early 50's after the old SoCon folded. Tobacco Road wanting nothing to do with us then, back in 2001 when BC, VPLies, and Cryami jumped ship, and in 2012 when Maryland left to the B1G and Suckacuse and sPitt joined. Would it have made sense for WVU to join the Asheshe? Yes, but IT WAS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
WVU has never been nor will ever be invited to the ACC until powers that be in that North Carolina and western part of the crap state Virginia are still in control.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
WVU thought everything was finished at that time.
Oliver Luck pretty much thought it was a done deal

A lot of this came about because of the University of Texas
If you read further into this you will see that Texas fully backed WVU
McConnell had no power over them.

McConnell actually tried to use T Boone to get power over Oklahoma State .
I believe the issues in the Senate were due to a conversation with T Boone.

T Boone ran the Oklahoma State athletic department
Made coaches pet his green parrot.

McConnell was going to help T Boone.
Pickens wasn't afraid to get help for free.

No place in that article does it mention TEXAS.

No place in that article does it mention TEXAS.

Doesn't matter.
That is what happened.

We can follow the entire storyline.

The reason WVU is in the Big 12 and not the American is because WVU is the flagship university of WV and because of success between 2000-2010.

So I am not going to act like the university itself didn't play apart but ultimately Texas backed WVU.
Even when Louisville came calling.

There are other articles including one from the Kansas City Star that speaks of the division.

But ultimately there wasn't any because David Boren knows Oklahoma sits to pee to Texas.

Doesn't matter.
That is what happened.

We can follow the entire storyline.

The reason WVU is in the Big 12 and not the American is because WVU is the flagship university of WV and because of success between 2000-2010.

So I am not going to act like the university itself didn't play apart but ultimately Texas backed WVU.
Even when Louisville came calling.

There are other articles including one from the Kansas City Star that speaks of the division.

But ultimately there wasn't any because David Boren knows Oklahoma sits to pee to Texas.

I love how you continue to make up shit as you go. Somebody told me you were actually KingCoal and tOUS person? They also said both were probably Herd0ne at one time.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
I love how you continue to make up shit as you go.

It doesn't matter how you think....

The people in charge of WVU at the time knew what they had to do and they did it.

Simple as that.

But they showed how much they wanted to he in the Big 12.
Joe Manchin was about to open a Senate investigation on Mitch Mcconnell over a T Boone Pickens phone call.

This showed how WVU fits in

All the schools in Texas aren't afraid to do anything they need to get what they want.

WVU is like that as well

The people in charge of WVU at the time knew what they had to do and they did it.

Simple as that.

Joe Manchin was about to open a Senate investigation on Mitch Mcconnell over a T Boone Pickens phone call.

All the schools in Texas aren't afraid to do anything they need to get what they want.

WVU is like that as well
YES!

WVU gets anything they want. I remember them going undefeated in 93 and wanted to play undefeated Nebraska for the National Title in the Orange Bowl. Sure glad we got our way then...... oh wait Oliver Luck wasn’t the AD.

Simple as that.

WVU is like that as well

Please provide proof of your insanity.

That's true. I have proven multiple times in this thread you're insane.

No you made a ridiculous claim...
Thinking a former WVU football coach had the power even though it had reached a much higher level than that.

We go back to how VA Tech left the Big East...

A lot of conference realignment ends up political.

Like I said before this was the main reason why the SEC didn't attack the ACC during this previous realignment.
But doesn't mean they won't in the future.

Lest we forget the most important point: Without Oliver Luck as WVU AD WVU would NOT be in the Big 12. Everything else is just arguing about how many Angels fit on a pin. Irrelevant!

Oliver Luck was important
So were others at the University and around the university.

Oliver Luck helped with Texas. Without the approval of Texas might not have happened.

TVZ is bad for business. He should go take a hike, and take bitch-boy WVUFF with him.
Always nice to know I still live in your head rent free even though you are ignoring me......LMAO,

I would personally like to see you stick by your word and leave...then people wouldn't fall a sleep reading your garbage.

What do personal attacks have to do with proving facts? I thought the moderators disapprove of this.
They do on the pay site...on the free board they dont care....its why osugrad can get banned on the Blue Lot but be allowed to post here on the free board under a different handle like kingcoal.

Yet I get banned for life from HerdiotNation because I don't conform to the Aaron Perkins lovefest. Oh well....
Its been years ago when I was there....but the spitt board use to be the worst...just being a WVU fan would likely get you banned there....it was absurd....but yeah....the free board here lets osu, michigan and pitt trash hang out.

Its been years ago when I was there....but the spitt board use to be the worst...just being a WVU fan would likely get you banned there....it was absurd....but yeah....the free board here lets osu, michigan and pitt trash hang out.
It is an irritant for people like me who just want information about WVU sports, not trash talk. There's enough of that on social media.

No you made a ridiculous claim...
Thinking a former WVU football coach had the power even though it had reached a much higher level than that.

We go back to how VA Tech left the Big East...

A lot of conference realignment ends up political.

Like I said before this was the main reason why the SEC didn't attack the ACC during this previous realignment.
But doesn't mean they won't in the future.

Va.Tech begged the legislature of Va. to make UVA get them in. Syracuse was a done deal for ACC then until the bitch crying started. The SEC is not stupid. It's why they make the money.

Lest we forget the most important point: Without Oliver Luck as WVU AD WVU would NOT be in the Big 12. Everything else is just arguing about how many Angels fit on a pin. Irrelevant!

Once again. Oliver Luck and President Clements went to Don Nehlen to ask him to call Chuck Neinas. Both said it was a big key in the talks. No argument at all. I've shown the proof.

I love how you continue to make up shit as you go. Somebody told me you were actually KingCoal and tOUS person? They also said both were probably Herd0ne at one time.
This is the biggest lie that you've ever told on here or the other boards on which you've posted hundreds of thousands of times under the handle, "T-Bone," so this is quite an accomplishment. You should be embarrassed, but you have no shame, so you won't be.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I won't post on this forum any more. I didn't realize I was irritating guys like yourself, with whom I respect.
You just ruined FraudForever's life. He won't know what to do, if he can't respond to every one of your posts, notwithstanding the fact that you've had him on ignore for months.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
You just ruined FraudForever's life. He won't know what to do, if he can't respond to every one of your posts, notwithstanding the fact that you've had him on ignore for months.
He isn't going anywhere assclown...he's said he's leaving millions of times before...the guy would die if he couldn't bring my name up in every third post...despite his ahem....'ignoring me'....

It's kind of like how you can stop typing my name in your posts (See above for proof.)

the tvz thread has been closed for a month and I still live rent free in turbboy and assclown's head.

Last edited:
Who cares? Oliver Luck got WVU into the Big 12! $5,000 more a year in travel costs for ALL the WVU teams combined, including golf, etc. And $36 million more a year than the Big 12 paid to more than offset the increased travel costs. Enjoy the positives. Live with the negatives. Don't mess with Mister In Between. Croon it, Bing!

Va.Tech begged the legislature of Va. to make UVA get them in. Syracuse was a done deal for ACC then until the bitch crying started. The SEC is not stupid. It's why they make the money.

Missouri checked most of the boxes.

If you read the Clay Travis article...
He talks about AAU schools. Reason why this is important is because UGA isn't an AAU school.
I don't know the full story behind it because UGA is a pretty respectable university. It is something the state needs and the university.
The rumor is GA Tech blocks them through the ACC....

Reason why ultimately the SEC would love to pull in UNC and possibly UVa.
But I don't think either of them want anything to do with the SEC so ultimately could be VA Tech and NC State

One thing that is known and no one can question at all is the SEC would love a presence in N Carolina and Virginia

Two growing states with excellent public universities.

This is the biggest lie that you've ever told on here or the other boards on which you've posted hundreds of thousands of times under the handle, "T-Bone," so this is quite an accomplishment. You should be embarrassed, but you have no shame, so you won't be.

This is the biggest lie you have ever lived besides being a tranny.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Missouri checked most of the boxes.

If you read the Clay Travis article...
He talks about AAU schools. Reason why this is important is because UGA isn't an AAU school.
I don't know the full story behind it because UGA is a pretty respectable university. It is something the state needs and the university.
The rumor is GA Tech blocks them through the ACC....

Reason why ultimately the SEC would love to pull in UNC and possibly UVa.
But I don't think either of them want anything to do with the SEC so ultimately could be VA Tech and NC State

One thing that is known and no one can question at all is the SEC would love a presence in N Carolina and Virginia

Two growing states with excellent public universities.

Rumors of the Hokies interest had been circulating since the beginning of the conference realignment frenzy of 2010-13. Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver stated his school’s support of the ACC.

The addition of Virginia Tech would have seemingly opened a pipeline into the talented recruiting grounds of southern Virginia, as well as bring in the Washington, D.C. television market. However, Virginia Tech remained a member of the ACC, while the SEC added Texas A&M and Missouri.

Va.Tech was never going to make it to SEC as long as there were better candidates available. Nor were they going to be able to as they screwed themselves by adjoining to the hip of UVA to make it into the ACC.

Va.Tech made their bed now they have to lay in it.

Who cares? Oliver Luck got WVU into the Big 12! $5,000 more a year in travel costs for ALL the WVU teams combined, including golf, etc. And $36 million more a year than the Big 12 paid to more than offset the increased travel costs. Enjoy the positives. Live with the negatives. Don't mess with Mister In Between. Croon it, Bing!

I care. case closed.

From what I've known and heard, there have been no definite reports that WVU ever applied to the SEC

As far as the ACC it wasn't ever gonna happen nor will it ever.

Rumors of the Hokies interest had been circulating since the beginning of the conference realignment frenzy of 2010-13. Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver stated his school’s support of the ACC.

The addition of Virginia Tech would have seemingly opened a pipeline into the talented recruiting grounds of southern Virginia, as well as bring in the Washington, D.C. television market. However, Virginia Tech remained a member of the ACC, while the SEC added Texas A&M and Missouri.

Va.Tech was never going to make it to SEC as long as there were better candidates available. Nor were they going to be able to as they screwed themselves by adjoining to the hip of UVA to make it into the ACC.

Va.Tech made their bed now they have to lay in it.

A lot of truth there...

From what I've known and heard, there have been no definite reports that WVU ever applied to the SEC

As far as the ACC it wasn't ever gonna happen nor will it ever.

They needed one school to call Yankees. Missouri was the best option.

Interesting fact about Missouri. They actually had two governments during the Civil War.
Their Confederate Government ended up where I grew up in Marshall, TX.
They are the seventh flag of the city.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT