ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Pens vs. Craps

Who the hell do we give this win to amongst the boys? CBC is felating MM huge...and in the interview he is cold as ice...yep... As well the Jam we saw in a quick 5 mins! Craps fans are sayin...how do we stop Sid...other than faceoff he was a bit weak...man o man boys!!!! Yes!

Sid took 30 friggin' draws.....finished 10-20.......but I thought the majority of his 10 wins were in the second half of the 3rd period.

Reactions: torontoeers
Sid took 30 friggin' draws.....finished 10-20.......but I thought the majority of his 10 wins were in the second half of the 3rd period.
You are probably right there...what is with these two Geno/Sid over the years? When one isn't there they decide to tune it up in different ways? It is quite something. I have seen the stats once or twice over the last few years and they are quite telling

Btw...I was wonderin where the hell you were last few days lol...you need a trip to Washington/Va in your near future rather than the usual Ohio/Mich setup!

Ok....that is enough of this...who in the hell do these guys from Vegas think they are? Good coach yes, Good GM yes, good goalie yes, good D well I guess so yes...and now good O? Apparently yes...as I said from day of draft, these guys had unfair advantage as the only suitor....but never in my wildest dreams this?!? If Bettman allows same for Seattle IMO it is bad for the league...you earn your keep through trials and tribulations over the years...then you compete....

Ok....that is enough of this...who in the hell do these guys from Vegas think they are? Good coach yes, Good GM yes, good goalie yes, good D well I guess so yes...and now good O? Apparently yes...as I said from day of draft, these guys had unfair advantage as the only suitor....but never in my wildest dreams this?!? If Bettman allows same for Seattle IMO it is bad for the league...you earn your keep through trials and tribulations over the years...then you compete....
Well have to wait for the san jose Response. I think it will be tighter going foward. I agree not good for the league you have to earn your keep. This year probably won't be good for vegas in the long run they won't get the quality early round picks to restock they shelves when some of the Free agents start to leave.

The NHL front office said it wanted Vegas to be competitive but this isn't right. Maybe allow them to draft a team that doesn't get run off the ice but not one that could get to the cup if things break right. I can see allowing them to draft 3rd liners with upside but not anything above that. Teams lost good players people that could have been moved to adress other needs. Every other team that's come into the league in the last 25-30 years had to start with 4th line table scraps. Should have been the same here. Not fair to the teams that just missed the playoffs that have put in their time.

The NHL front office said it wanted Vegas to be competitive but this isn't right. Maybe allow them to draft a team that doesn't get run off the ice but not one that could get to the cup if things break right. I can see allowing them to draft 3rd liners with upside but not anything above that. Teams lost good playeNHL franschs people that could have been moved to adress other needs. Every other team that's come into the league in the last 25-30 years had to start with 4th line table scraps. Should have been the same here. Not fair to the teams that just missed the playoffs that have put in their time.

t and I went around on this a year ago......the key aspect of this entire situation was Vegas' borderline insane $500 million new franchise fee.

The day Bill Foley signed the check his franchise was the 14th most valuable in the League (according to Forbes Magazine), With that kind of financial commitment, the League simply had to give Foley better pieces to pick from than others in the past. Maybe the pieces turned out to be a little better thjan the League realized they could be, or maybe Foley was just a little better organized (and picked better people) in building the franchise's foundation.

But what's going to be interesting to see is if Seattle (or whoever is next to enter the League) gets the same package. From what I can glean, early indicators are they will get the same deal. Of course, the current franchises will almost assuredly fight this harder than what they did with Vegas. OTOH, the entrance fee may indeed be increased from the $500 million level, which no owner (including those in Toronto, NYC, and Montreal) will argue with.

t and I went around on this a year ago......the key aspect of this entire situation was Vegas' borderline insane $500 million new franchise fee.

The day Bill Foley signed the check his franchise was the 14th most valuable in the League (according to Forbes Magazine), With that kind of financial commitment, the League simply had to give Foley better pieces to pick from than others in the past. Maybe the pieces turned out to be a little better thjan the League realized they could be, or maybe Foley was just a little better organized (and picked better people) in building the franchise's foundation.

But what's going to be interesting to see is if Seattle (or whoever is next to enter the League) gets the same package. From what I can glean, early indicators are they will get the same deal. Of course, the current franchises will almost assuredly fight this harder than what they did with Vegas. OTOH, the entrance fee may indeed be increased from the $500 million level, which no owner (including those in Toronto, NYC, and Montreal) will argue with.
The biggest problem with the vegas situation is they might look more like and expansion team 4-5 years from now. They were given better terms to start but in a few years when the free agents start to leave or the better prospects get old the draft picks will be of lower quality. Usually new expansion teams with good management start to look more like decent NHL teams 4-5 years in. The opposite could happen here.

Whats the view on Holtby gents? Think he's back in on a very short leash? Not that I'm overly concerned, the other fella looked like a sieve vs Columbus imo...I say put him in coach and let the good guys pop a few more by him before PANIC sets in....

The biggest problem with the vegas situation is they might look more like and expansion team 4-5 years from now. They were given better terms to start but in a few years when the free agents start to leave or the better prospects get old the draft picks will be of lower quality. Usually new expansion teams with good management start to look more like decent NHL teams 4-5 years in. The opposite could happen here.
McPhee did also pick up a couple drafts so far as I know in the draft, but ya I tend to agree with you on this for the most part...it could get ugly in a few years. I gotta give credit where its due McPhee looks like a genius over the short term here...
My biggest issue with the system how setup was that he had zero competition...he was the lone rooster in the henhouse which to my knowledge never happened before in expansion. This imo gave him a massive advantage. But I guess as CM mention that is what a whopping 500 mil will get ya...and from all I've been hearing Seattle if they come on board will likely have to pay a WHOPPING 650 mil?!? For all intents and purpose this is still the 4th most popular sport in NA...I honestly scratch my head at how those $$$ transfer into a money making proposition over at least the short term anyway for a new NHL owner? Maybe it doesn't...many of these billionaire owners are an ecentric bunch who need a fix and will burn money to do it...

Reactions: COOL MAN
I’ll tell you what is almost as good, watching Smashville take it in the chops.
I dispise the dirtball brand of hockey the Jets play...I cannot lie...I'll take the Preds...

I'll admit as a Staal he's my local boy but this is only one of two dozen examples...Nashville WILL lose a player...mark it down.

Last edited:
I dispise the dirtball brand of hockey the Jets play...I cannot lie...I'll take the Preds...

I'll admit as a Staal he's my local boy but this is only one of two dozen examples...Nashville WILL lose a player...mark it down.
I hate anything when I get something force fed. Nashville is a media darling. Everything about that team screams “look at me!” With the way they focus off the ice with them. They are like South Florida or Baylor to me. 2 traditionally shit football teams but when they win a few, they act like damn morons. I am for any team beating that teams ass.

Vegas is close also with that pre game introduction they make us watch before each game. Bunch of jackass’ dressed up like mid evil darth vadars with flashing lights beating a drum while some slap nut (Jeremy Roenick, Bill Lambeer, or some WNBA chick) hand cranks a horn backwards.

Yo! @ColoradoMountaineer ...get your guys shit together! The shot totals are off the charts and still this? I would rather America's media darling vs Canada's media darling dirtbag crew any day...lets go!!!
Winnipeg will win this series. Preds did'nt address the real problem of last years team which was someone who can put the puck in the net. Turris is to small gets pushed around to much.

McPhee did also pick up a couple drafts so far as I know in the draft, but ya I tend to agree with you on this for the most part...it could get ugly in a few years. I gotta give credit where its due McPhee looks like a genius over the short term here...
My biggest issue with the system how setup was that he had zero competition...he was the lone rooster in the henhouse which to my knowledge never happened before in expansion. This imo gave him a massive advantage. But I guess as CM mention that is what a whopping 500 mil will get ya...and from all I've been hearing Seattle if they come on board will likely have to pay a WHOPPING 650 mil?!? For all intents and purpose this is still the 4th most popular sport in NA...I honestly scratch my head at how those $$$ transfer into a money making proposition over at least the short term anyway for a new NHL owner? Maybe it doesn't...many of these billionaire owners are an ecentric bunch who need a fix and will burn money to do it...
The expansion fee maybe more but I think most franchises will insist on proctecting more assests. I don't think Vegas success sits well with some of the smaller market teams in the states and canada.

I hate anything when I get something force fed. Nashville is a media darling. Everything about that team screams “look at me!” With the way they focus off the ice with them. They are like South Florida or Baylor to me. 2 traditionally shit football teams but when they win a few, they act like damn morons. I am for any team beating that teams ass.

Vegas is close also with that pre game introduction they make us watch before each game. Bunch of jackass’ dressed up like mid evil darth vadars with flashing lights beating a drum while some slap nut (Jeremy Roenick, Bill Lambeer, or some WNBA chick) hand cranks a horn backwards.
I think Winnipeg wins the series. I haven't really liked what i have seen out of the preds for the last 6 weeks. They don't have enough pure goal scoring. Outshooting someone 48-19 and losing is not a good sign. I doubt you will see that kind of one sided game again this series.

I think Winnipeg wins the series. I haven't really liked what i have seen out of the preds for the last 6 weeks. They don't have enough pure goal scoring. Outshooting someone 48-19 and losing is not a good sign. I doubt you will see that kind of one sided game again this series.
They do lack fire power. Even though his locker room presence is shakey, James Neal can put the puck into the net. They will miss him in a series, it may be this one.

[roll]....well put...no doubt about it that crap bugs me too. It's a bloody hockey game not a circus sideshow.

DK reporting that Geno went the full 30 minute practice today and with the 1st PP unit, but skated on the 4th line with ZAR and Kuhnhackl.....evidently leading observers to believe his ice the in Game 2 will be limited.

Here later on Saturday afternoon, HCMS said on DK's site that if Geno plays tomorrow......and, officiallly, he remains a game time decision.....it'll be in a full time role and his minutes will not be micro-managed. Sully also reportedly smiled when asked about this idea of him playing on th 4th line; so that appears to be a conclusion some reporters (including DK's Chris Bradford) jumped to prematurely.

Meanwhile.....and if I didn't opine this previously.....I seriously doubt we'll see Hags anytime soon; he might well have played his last game in 2017/18.

Preds need someone like Taveres and a enforceer D man. The preds have to many offensive type D man they get caught up ice to much. I also think they need a new Goalie. Rinne is getting old and He's either hot or cold That doesn't work in the playoffs.

They do lack fire power. Even though his locker room presence is shakey, James Neal can put the puck into the net. They will miss him in a series, it may be this one.
I was wondering about neal he did'nt really put up great numbers as a predator in the playoffs but I wonder if he commanded double teams that helped free up other players. I think the stanley cup champ will come from the East again. The top teams in the East look stronger than the top of the west. I have felt that way for months and what I have seen up to now in the playoffs makes me feel that way even more. Most experts picked preds vs bruins. The Bruins pick looks pretty good at this point. The fact the pens have players Like geno an crosby gives them a fighting chance. Usually when those two get and opportunity they cash in. The pens problem is the Blue line. They are giving up way to many opportunities. It doesn't seem like they have found away to curtail this and they will need to do that if they expect to get past the Bruin/Bolts winner.

Here later on Saturday afternoon, HCMS said on DK's site that if Geno plays tomorrow......and, officiallly, he remains a game time decision.....it'll be in a full time role and his minutes will not be micro-managed. Sully also reportedly smiled when asked about this idea of him playing on th 4th line; so that appears to be a conclusion some reporters (including DK's Chris Bradford) jumped to prematurely.

Meanwhile.....and if I didn't opine this previously.....I seriously doubt we'll see Hags anytime soon; he might well have played his last game in 2017/18.
Why the doubt on Hags? What is the speculated injury?

I was wondering about neal he did'nt really put up great numbers as a predator in the playoffs but I wonder if he commanded double teams that helped free up other players. I think the stanley cup champ will come from the East again. The top teams in the East look stronger than the top of the west. I have felt that way for months and what I have seen up to now in the playoffs makes me feel that way even more. Most experts picked preds vs bruins. The Bruins pick looks pretty good at this point. The fact the pens have players Like geno an crosby gives them a fighting chance. Usually when those two get and opportunity they cash in. The pens problem is the Blue line. They are giving up way to many opportunities. It doesn't seem like they have found away to curtail this and they will need to do that if they expect to get past the Bruin/Bolts winner.
James Neal is an asshat of the first degree (my buddy played with him over the years before nhl and can attest) , does coke like its water to keep alive...he aint lasting long there....or anywhere...see the Kevin Stevens story? Well that's him soon...the ass.
Oh EDIT: We got the Horn dog the 2x champ for that CHUMP? Let it hap'n cap'n!!!!

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
They need a goalie....and he is rounding into form....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT