ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Pens vs. Craps

Concussion.....and possibly severe
Concussions are a weird monster of their own. The brain can literally heal itself in a day or take months. I am sure they are using computers and testing his cognitive function (Program called Impact). I helped get that sucker to all the local high schools when it first came out in trials.

We could see him again. The key is to not push his stress levels. Don’t even let him skate until he is symptom free.

Reactions: torontoeers
James Neal is an asshat of the first degree (my buddy played with him over the years before nhl and can attest) , does coke like its water to keep alive...he aint lasting long there....or anywhere...see the Kevin Stevens story? Well that's him soon...the ass.
Oh EDIT: We got the Horn dog the 2x champ for that CHUMP? Let it hap'n cap'n!!!!
What a perfect marriage of cocsine and player and city. Neal will never leave!

Concussions are a weird monster of their own. The brain can literally heal itself in a day or take months. I am sure they are using computers and testing his cognitive function (Program called Impact). I helped get that sucker to all the local high schools when it first came out in trials.

We could see him again. The key is to not push his stress levels. Don’t even let him skate until he is symptom free.
I guess this would point to Sid's varying levels of absence over the years re: the shots to his melon...frankly I am shocked (and happy) he is still playing at such the high level...especially when you watch his hand eye of late. Brain seems to be workin just fine lol...hoping Hags is ok both short and long term...

Reactions: DocEER
I guess this would point to Sid's varying levels of absence over the years re: the shots to his melon...frankly I am shocked (and happy) he is still playing at such the high level...especially when you watch his hand eye of late. Brain seems to be workin just fine lol...hoping Hags is ok both short and long term...
There are no hard rules in when a player is safe to resume function. The various bodies of medicine don’t have consensus. Normally would we would do is once their test scores came back to normal and they were symptom free x 1 week, we would clear the athlete to return.

Hags score could be normal but if he keeps getting headaches, blurry vision, or anything, then the 1 week rest resets to that day. Or he could be symptom free but his test scores could be below his baseline (this is what makes the software truely fantastic and catches those who can mask their symptoms).

Also, I know for a fact that the reason Sid was held out for so long was reoccurring symptom that also showed decreased impact scores. Casual fans hated he was out for so long, but look at him now. You would never know he had issues and he is elite. They were able to truely give him the green light safely. Old school methods, Sid would have been back playing in a week or so but would have really limited his shelf life on the back end.

Also, I know for a fact that the reason Sid was held out for so long was reoccurring symptom that also showed decreased impact scores. Casual fans hated he was out for so long, but look at him now. You would never know he had issues and he is elite. They were able to truely give him the green light safely. Old school methods, Sid would have been back playing in a week or so but would have really limited his shelf life on the back end.
What do you think on Tanger? As we know he's pretty much always been a free wheeler back there, but concussions have anything to do with that brain function ya think? Or maybe it's the for lack of a better term fear about his neck now? I know one thing, he has often made the oddball decision in the past but never at this sort of alarming rate imo...he just looks like he cant wait to get rid of the puck to me, and is caught out of position/burned on a regular basis. Perhaps he is just trying to do too much....not sure.
I think back to the hit delivered by Leaves Komorov a couple years ago where he was knocked into the boards head first and came up on queer street bigtime. He has never seemed the same since that one imo...

What do you think on Tanger? As we know he's pretty much always been a free wheeler back there, but concussions have anything to do with that brain function ya think? Or maybe it's the for lack of a better term fear about his neck now? I know one thing, he has often made the oddball decision in the past but never at this sort of alarming rate imo...he just looks like he cant wait to get rid of the puck to me, and is caught out of position/burned on a regular basis. Perhaps he is just trying to do too much....not sure.
I think back to the hit delivered by Leaves Komorov a couple years ago where he was knocked into the boards head first and came up on queer street bigtime. He has never seemed the same since that one imo...
Honestly, that’s just him. They would never release him to play if he wasn’t at his pre injury baseline. He is what he is.

So, it's Game 8 of the Pens 2018 US AGAINST THE UNIVERSE TOUR today; let's hope they come out a little more ready for the onslaught than they were on Thursday night (and Murray maintains his hot/steady hand).

I want to see an equally opportunistic, counter-punching performance as we saw in Game 1 (which I truthfully think will be MUCH tougher to accomplish today). But the pressure IS firmly on the Craps today; something they're not used to dealing with in the 2nd Round versus the Pens.

As always, they need to be concious of Hack Wilson; he'll probably be out there running everything in black and gold during the pregame skate. And don't be surprised if Niskanen is out there doing the same thing.

So, it's Game 8 of the Pens 2018 US AGAINST THE UNIVERSE TOUR today; let's hope they come out a little more ready for the onslaught than they were on Thursday night (and Murray maintains his hot/steady hand).

I want to see an equally opportunistic, counter-punching performance as we saw in Game 1 (which I truthfully think will be MUCH tougher to accomplish today). But the pressure IS firmly on the Craps today; something they're not used to dealing with in the 2nd Round versus the Pens.

As always, they need to be concious of Hack Wilson; he'll probably be out there running everything in black and gold during the pregame skate. And don't be surprised if Niskanen is out there doing the same thing.
I went to game 2 last year. After taking game 1, I was expecting a loss. When we took that one also, man was their fans extra quiet on the walk out.

Ya...Nisk has become a real jacko over the years. I don't recall him being nearly as such back when he was with the good guys, but then maybe I just see our guys differently...or choose to see em differently lol. Regardless I would like to see a W injury free...and Geno if you're suiting up? Stay OUT OF THE BOX and show a cooler head! Maybe score a couple too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whoa...they just showed that gaffe by player 8 on the Crosby goal...Hrudy says it was terrible yet Kypreos the meathead says no way...lol
I guess the point is...Sid buried it...

Reactions: DocEER
Wasn't that one an absolute twin of 8's goal on Thursday when MM seemed to short arm the shot with his glove hand ??

No Geno.....pick up the slack as usual boys! Lets Go Pens!!!

I missed the pregame; is Geno sitting out again today ?? I had a suspicion (though was hoping not) he might still sit out with the 1-0 series lead. I know he claimed to have felt fine yesterday at practice, but also commented that he'd have to see how he felt this morning.

Well, I guess we now know.....

If we were looking to split, I bet he would have played.

I'd like to thnk so, but who knows......he just appears to be one of these guys that if he's not 100% (whatever that represents exactly), he's just not going to answer the bell. Let's be honest; nobody will ever confuse his personal constitution to be made of iron.

Kessel remains in his haze.....I know he was thought possiby to still be nursing that last season injury in the 1st Round, but you have to think that would be much improved by now.

I doubt this will (or should) be overturned, but it depends upon who you're rooting for......

McLean and Frieds hate the call on the second goal...Kypreos and Hrudy like it...NONE can understand why Connelly did it, and 3 thought it shoulda been a penalty beforehand....Frieds mentioning that high glove (ugh)...but he finds other ways to stop the puck...hang in 30....and put the biscuit in the basket already Pens!

Ah for F! Terrible defensive change and hits him in the glove again...is Casey warming? He hasnt been horrible on the whole imo but...we may need a wakeup here...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT