ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Pens vs. Craps

Little feature on Wilson...says 'if there's 10 guys in a scrum they're gonna pick me for the penalty' boo hooing all the way....now just why do ya think that is ya TWERP?

Pens need something from Brassard......at least he got that one good chance. Also, I'd bet my life Wilson wouldn't be running anyone with the Pens.....as was the case earlier this season.....if Reaves was still here.

Meanwhile, I'd like to see Big Rig.....now that he's forced to see some regular ice time.....get matched up with Wilson (though I don't think HCMS wants him matched up with Kuznetsov and 8).

Reactions: torontoeers
Pens need something from Brassard......at least he got that one good chance. Also, I'd bet my life Wilson wouldn't be running anyone with the Pens.....as was the case earlier this season.....if Reaves was still here.

Meanwhile, I'd like to see Big Rig.....now that he's forced to see some regular ice time.....get matched up with Wilson (though I don't think HCMS wants him matched up with Kuznetsov and 8).
Agreed...time for BIG GAME BRASS...and ya....I still want to see him with 81....

And meathead Kypper excuses the Wilson shoulder to Dumo...Hrudey says there is no question he lifts his shoulder on contact and its inexcusable...and lets not absolve player 8 either....he KNEW what was happening...

Reactions: COOL MAN
Caps wanted this one more and got all the puck luck and all the calls. Enjoy the last win of your season Washington. Pens get the next three. I’m calling it now.
This post is GOLD. Well done...
jamie_bradford_eating_a_hot_dog_3.jpg

This is your place on Tuesday...I'm callin it now...get em on the grill. Phil needs a few dogs...

Reactions: WVRON
Caps wanted this one more and got all the puck luck and all the calls. Enjoy the last win of your season Washington. Pens get the next three. I’m calling it now.

I don't disagree that essentially EVERYTHING went right for the Craps today , and STILL they got pushed pretty hard.

But the Pens are running out of bodies......and important ones. And this doesn't include the all the shots Guentzel (especially) and Sid took today. I'm just happy Geno spent the afternoon at the hotel pool; otherwise, I doubt I can calculate the sheer number of retaliation calls he'd have probably gotten in a game like this one.

No question, the Craps are (and always have been) in the better position to win a war of attrition, and that's what this series is beginning to look like. I'm just sorry that Letang didn't get his money's worth with that axe handle on Kuznetsov's wrist to even things a bit.

Meanwhile, I assume we're getting our first look at Matt Hunwick on TUE night.......

I don't disagree that essentially EVERYTHING went right for the Craps today , and STILL they got pushed pretty hard.

But the Pens are running out of bodies......and important ones. And this doesn't include the all the shots Guentzel (especially) and Sid took today. I'm just happy Geno spent the afternoon at the hotel pool; otherwise, I doubt I can calculate the sheer number of retaliation calls he'd have probably gotten in a game like this one.

No question, the Craps are (and always have been) in the better position to win a war of attrition, and that's what this series is beginning to look like. I'm just sorry that Letang didn't get his money's worth with that axe handle on Kuznetsov's wrist to even things a bit.

Meanwhile, I assume we're getting our first look at Matt Hunwick on TUE night.......
This is where my boy RR would be needed. Right @torontoeers?

So, to what extent is anyone around here inclined to give Kessel the injury benefit-of-the-doubt.....or have the Craps simply intimidated him into his current level of ineffectiveness ?? As for Brassard, could HE still be dealing with lingering effects of that late season injury (hamstring, I believe.......which we all know is among THE toughest from which to recover), or is he also having trouble dealing with the Craps hit squad ??

And finally, on the subject of injuries, how much are you prepared to bet that Geno actually comes to the arena tomorrow night ??

One more thing, don't expect much outrage from League media about the Wilson hit OR the no-goal call. That's because essentially EVERYONE outside Pittsburgh is rooting for the Craps to begin with.....or is at least rooting AGAINST the Pens......plus the cement heads all think the Pens get every advantage from the stripes already.

Oh, and I'm not at all convinced the Wilson hit will even draw an official review/hearing......

One more thing, don't expect much outrage from League media about the Wilson hit OR the no-goal call. That's because essentially EVERYONE outside Pittsburgh is rooting for the Craps to begin with.....or is at least rooting AGAINST the Pens......plus the cement heads all think the Pens get every advantage from the stripes already.

Oh, and I'm not at all convinced the Wilson hit will even draw an official review/hearing......
One thing that did surprise me this AM...my local SN radio crew went on at length how the Pens were totally jobbed on the GOAL call...quote: 'I've seen this from about 20 different angles now and the league didn't have the same footage? This was unquestionably a goal' Then they had Doug MacLean on shortly after and it's no surprise as probably the biggest Sid/Pens supporter media wise imo outside of Pittsburgh and he went off too ...'what the hell is and isn't a goal anymore? You could tell from Hornqvist's reaction, and the video afterward it was a good goal...I just shake my head sometimes'
So at least there is that...as a sidenote many in fact every message I personally received from friends said effectively 'you guys were royally screwed' so I guess there's that too...unfortunately none of it matters now though.

Not much about the dirtball Wilson hit other than on the broadcast however...what were you hearing on NBC CM? Did they excuse it as a 'hockey play' or did one or two of em call Wilson out on it? My broadcast reaction was split...just curious....

Also hopeful to hear good news on Dumo, however unlikely that may be...

One thing that did surprise me this AM...my local SN radio crew went on at length how the Pens were totally jobbed on the GOAL call...quote: 'I've seen this from about 20 different angles now and the league didn't have the same footage? This was unquestionably a goal' Then they had Doug MacLean on shortly after and it's no surprise as probably the biggest Sid/Pens supporter media wise imo outside of Pittsburgh and he went off too ...'what the hell is and isn't a goal anymore? You could tell from Hornqvist's reaction, and the video afterward it was a good goal...I just shake my head sometimes'
So at least there is that...as a sidenote many in fact every message I personally received from friends said effectively 'you guys were royally screwed' so I guess there's that too...unfortunately none of it matters now though.

Not much about the dirtball Wilson hit other than on the broadcast however...what were you hearing on NBC CM? Did they excuse it as a 'hockey play' or did one or two of em call Wilson out on it? My broadcast reaction was split...just curious....

Also hopeful to hear good news on Dumo, however unlikely that may be...

I thought NBC treated the hit largely with kid gloves, and felt they went out of their way not to make a conclusive call. I missed the early morning Show on NHLN, but Steve Kouleas seems largely to be biasing on the Craps' side of both arguments (insuficient video evidence of the good goal, and Wilson couldn't be expected to stop given how Dumo turned). He's being a little more careful on his assessment of the hit.

ADDENDUM: KOULEAS LATER AGREED THAT WILSON ABSOLUTELY DID TARGET DUMO'S HEAD

Kouleas doesn't believe there will be a League review/hearing on the hit....

Last edited:
18 hrs later and I am still pissed about that game. OK I can talk myself into seeing the second Cap goal counting.....even though that was pure penalty quality goalie interference. But how was the hornqvist goal not a goal? That call was unreal. I even saw Caps fans in social media saying that should have counted. BUT.....the Wilson hit. Repeat offender. Clearly went for the head from the back. No call on the ice and I will assume no suspension. The NHL can talk all they want about player safety but when the same guys over and over get away with head shot, you see they really don't give a rats arse. And don't get me started on the whiplash causing cross check on Jake in the 3rd with no call. (Horny went off for no reason though with a Cap). One of the hardest cross checks I have seen this year.

before I go, I friggin hate Kessel. I mean hate.

18 hrs later and I am still pissed about that game. OK I can talk myself into seeing the second Cap goal counting.....even though that was pure penalty quality goalie interference. But how was the hornqvist goal not a goal? That call was unreal. I even saw Caps fans in social media saying that should have counted. BUT.....the Wilson hit. Repeat offender. Clearly went for the head from the back. No call on the ice and I will assume no suspension. The NHL can talk all they want about player safety but when the same guys over and over get away with head shot, you see they really don't give a rats arse. And don't get me started on the whiplash causing cross check on Jake in the 3rd with no call. (Horny went off for no reason though with a Cap). One of the hardest cross checks I have seen this year.

before I go, I friggin hate Kessel. I mean hate.
Re: the breadth of your post I agree...wholeheartedly...it pisses me off too... A LOT...player safety my ass!
Re: PK ....I feel your pain in that he is frustrating to watch at times. We all have our whipping boy, Geno is often mine because of pure hotheaded stupidity...the talent often makes up for it however. I could apply the same logic to Kessel. If he would just land himself in the gym for an extra hour etc...but he wont. He is what he is....
In saying all that I do understand the logic of spreading it out while Geno is sidelined, however IMO Sheahan is a nice little player, BUT Phil needs to be played with a better playmaker. Otherwise he tries to do too much out there on the create side. Which causes his turnovers to multiply as we have seen last two games. PLAY HIM WITH BRASS as I have said before, especially with 71 out. I liked the chemistry I saw between them for a few weeks before the Brass injury...at minimum it is a concerted effort to light a fire under both of them...
Just my take........

apparently HCMS called out Phil yesterday. As much as I hate Phil right now, only the first line is producing anything. One of the writers yesterday called out Rowney for not being an NHL center this year. Well to be fair to Rowney, his linemates aren't exactly steller when he has been playing.

What has become painfully obvious, is that the only time some of these guys score is when they are on Sid's line.........

apparently HCMS called out Phil yesterday. As much as I hate Phil right now, only the first line is producing anything. One of the writers yesterday called out Rowney for not being an NHL center this year. Well to be fair to Rowney, his linemates aren't exactly steller when he has been playing.

What has become painfully obvious, is that the only time some of these guys score is when they are on Sid's line.........

Injury or not Phil needs to get his head out of his ass. If he’s too banged up then sit his ass and bring up Sprong. What are we saving Sprong for anyways?

I wanna see us come out full bore and start firing pucks at Holtby and get an early ugly goal. Let him know it’s going to be a long night. Oh and let’s get a big lead and then late in the game take a run at Wilson. Where’s Sestito when you need him?

Injury or not Phil needs to get his head out of his ass. If he’s too banged up then sit his ass and bring up Sprong. What are we saving Sprong for anyways?

I wanna see us come out full bore and start firing pucks at Holtby and get an early ugly goal. Let him know it’s going to be a long night. Oh and let’s get a big lead and then late in the game take a run at Wilson. Where’s Sestito when you need him?
I'd love to see BigRig6 pick Wilson up and body slam/ pile drive him...that would be awesome.

Those writers should also focus a bit on #19...he hasn't had as much playing time as desired with a couple minor injuries but it is time. 1 g and 2A in 8 playoff games is not the pace I wanna see outta him. Needs to pot a couple more. He's done it before elsewhere, time to see it here.
We know they'll get a few PP's , gotta pop a few pucks in there...and how bout short handed? Been awhile since I can remember one of those. Not that it's likely to happen with Hags on the shelf. Hags has a few faults but I sure as heck like his JAM on the PK, always a good disruptive force out there...
LETS GO PENS!!!

Those writers should also focus a bit on #19...he hasn't had as much playing time as desired with a couple minor injuries but it is time. 1 g and 2A in 8 playoff games is not the pace I wanna see outta him. Needs to pot a couple more. He's done it before elsewhere, time to see it here.
We know they'll get a few PP's , gotta pop a few pucks in there...and how bout short handed? Been awhile since I can remember one of those. Not that it's likely to happen with Hags on the shelf. Hags has a few faults but I sure as heck like his JAM on the PK, always a good disruptive force out there...
LETS GO PENS!!!

Brassard has been solid and steady by I agree that he needs to start putting the puck in the net. And where has Rusty been? I’m guessing Geno is back today but apparently Hags bit a big chunk of his tongue off the other night and has been having difficulty eating. We could really use his speed.

Brassard has been solid and steady by I agree that he needs to start putting the puck in the net. And where has Rusty been? I’m guessing Geno is back today but apparently Hags bit a big chunk of his tongue off the other night and has been having difficulty eating. We could really use his speed.
YIKES! Is that what it was rather than concussion that is keeping him sidelined? I'm trying to imagine such a thing, and dry heaving at the thought. Can you still drink beer during the healing process? If not I would likely waste away to nothing...

Reactions: WVRON
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT