ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Pens vs. Craps

The intermission here is concerned about Murray's apparent injury...as am I...he is still battling pucks but fighting...as are the rest of em. Buckle up boys!!! My floorboards are taking a beating.

The intermission here is concerned about Murray's apparent injury...as am I...he is still battling pucks but fighting...as are the rest of em. Buckle up boys!!! My floorboards are taking a beating.
He needs to suck whatever the hell it is up. As much as I like Casey, I DONT want him facing this team and their offensive firepower.

Reactions: Euell
I don't think 2 goals will win it. Pens will need at least a third I believe.

Reactions: DocEER
Oshie had some serious hangtime on that charge of Letang.........no call. What do you have to do to get these referees to make a tough call? That was nearly a 5 min charge and no call.....I don't get this. I really don't

Reactions: torontoeers
Scary another game and another game with ZERO secondary scoring. Honest to God how could Daniel Sprong not be a better option than Kessel right now?

Reactions: Euell
And how bout Jake! This kid...actually this beast is like a highly tuned assassin out there of late...he's takin some of the load off Sid and putting it on his back. And you can tell he's having a good time doing it...now if only he could impart some of that touch to our other 'scorers'? Well this series would be over if that were the case....

Reactions: COOL MAN
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins...-shows-how-tom-wilsons-absence-hurts-capitals

the midget who wrote this should jump off a bridge. I agree wilson out hurts the craps but dam just this reek of general pussiness.

"He's big enough (6-foot-4, 218 pounds), strong enough, and good enough on his skates that he could still be one of the most physically imposing players in hockey without constantly putting the rest of the league in peril."

this is fvcking hockey

Interesting TOI stats last night among the forwards
  • Sid -- 20:54
  • Geno -- 18:02
  • Horndog -- 17:33
  • Jake -- 17:16
  • Sheahan -- 16:26
  • Hags -- 16:11
  • Simon -- 14:01
  • Kessel -- 13:46
  • Rusty -- 13:43
  • Kuhnhacki -- 11:22
  • Brassard -- 10:50
  • Sheary -- 9:00
DK pointed out in one of his pieces that Kuhnhackl logged more ice time than Brassard; I found that really significant, which prompted me to assemble this list. I myself don't believe Brassard has ever come close to recovering from that hamstring (or was it a groin) problem which cost him most of the last couple weeks of the season.

As for Kessel, he should obviously be playing 17-18 minutes, especially in a game where the Pens were only on the PK 3 times. In spite of how OM feels about the guy, I'm 100% convinced he's been playing hurt as long as Brassard.

Meanwhile, when you consider how important Rusty and Sheary were to this team in a secondary sense over the past 2 Cup runs, I don't see how this team can possibly advance.....whether to the 3rd round, or farther.....with these two (and Kessel and Brassard, obviously) posting goose eggs

For the record, I believe Oshie is also generally considered to be playing hurt, and he certainly found a way to (finally) contribute last night. Also, he looked pretty strong (though I don't know if he's playing with a UBI or LBI) on that Superman leap he took at Letang.

Oshie had some serious hangtime on that charge of Letang.........no call. What do you have to do to get these referees to make a tough call? That was nearly a 5 min charge and no call.....I don't get this. I really don't

Ridiculous. Just like Wilson was given a free pass for the hit on Dumo and then next game ZAR pays the price. I wonder who Oshie or Ovi target today? The NHL won’t do anything until someone else is seriously injured. Caps now have a free pass to take runs and launch into our guys heads. Pens gotta remain composed and make them pay on the scoreboard. I just worry about Tanger or Geno going all apeshit and getting tossed.

No trouble throwing around the perimeter on the PP, but that unit can't find an open shot to save their lives. I think it's Recchi who runs their PP; he needs to try something else against this Craps PK,

Reactions: DocEER
No trouble throwing around the perimeter on the PP, but that unit can't find an open shot to save their lives. I think it's Recchi who runs their PP; he needs to try something else against this Craps PK,
We need to dive someone into the center on it. It’s open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT