ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt will be in their championship game and we will not

You loss 51-6 to National TV....

Your stadium was pretty much empty in the second half.

It was an utter embarrassment.
Don't know how you can come on here and carry yourself in that manner unless you are not living in reality.

Pitt is the definition of a Dead Football program.
Your #24 ranking doesn't mean anything.

Like I said go join the Penn St bandwagon and represent your state's flagship university like everyone else did.

Why so rustled haha

WVU > Texass

I thought Pitt was a great team this year....

Look at you still riding on WV's coattails like you are a fan of them.

Would your friends on the Pitt board appreciate you over here dickriding WV...

If we had Pitts record playing Pitts schedule everyone would be throwing shit like monkeys and calling for Dana’s head. As it stands now we’ve been in the running for a conference championship 4 November’s in a row in a conference that has Texas, Oklahoma, and an absurdly hard conference schedule compared to the other conferences. Mountaineer fans should be counting their blessings because we could just as easily be in the American right now.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Clemson sets attendance records in Charlotte for the ACC title games. Without Clemson making that game the place would be half empty with anybody else in ACC. It’s always a sea of orange. They rock that house when there. It helps that South Carolina folks love college football only. Clemson has huge following in SC and big alumni in and around Charlotte, NC metro region as well. The NFL team there has a quiet dead crowd. When Clemson plays there the tickets are expensive and the stadium is actually loud.

With Clemson rise to royalty the last 5 years I wonder if Jacksonville could do better attendance wise now than before. I guess it depends on the opponent. Orlando is too far south for most ACC fans unless FSU or Miami make the game. Jacksonville is easier, quicker to get to. It’s warmer than Charlotte that time of year. Charlotte is a dead dog site if Clemson doesn’t get into that game. Clemson is the only hope.

As it stands now we’ve been in the running for a conference championship 4 November’s in a row in a conference that has Texas, Oklahoma, and an absurdly hard conference schedule compared to the other conferences.
[laughing] Send me some of what you're smoking!

If WVU beats Oklahoma and then Texas in the Big 12 title game the mood will change drastically on this board. Cursers will become praisers. It's the nature of fandom.

Me, I can't wait to sit in my Section 105 seat and watch my alma mater beat Oklahoma. The Big 12 is synonymous with shootouts.

Oklahoma 37, Iowa State 27 BEFORE Montgomery and Purdy came along to light a fire under the Cyclones.

West Virginia 42, Texas Tech 34

Texas 48, Oklahoma 45

Iowa State 48, Oklahoma State 42

Iowa State 40, Texas Tech 31

Oklahoma State 38, Texas 35

West Virginia 42, Texas 41

Oklahoma 51, Texas Tech 46

Baylor 35, Oklahoma State 31

Oklahoma 48, Oklahoma State 47

Texas 41, Texas Tech 34

Oklahoma State 45, West Virginia 41

Oklahoma 55, Kansas 40

Notice that it doesn't matter whether it's a top 5 Big 12 team or a bottom 5 Big 12 team.

A shootout is normal in the Big 12. Friday probably won't be any different.

By the way, Oklahoma fans are wondering how they can stop Will Grier, David Sills & friends, too.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14

O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17

U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence

N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6

T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34

A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E rectile dysfunctioned Texas on 2-point PAT, 42-41

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

R etching collapse at Oklahoma State, 41-45

S hootout success over Oklahoma & play for Big 12 title vs. Texas

Reactions: dougpaper
If we had Pitts record playing Pitts schedule everyone would be throwing shit like monkeys and calling for Dana’s head. As it stands now we’ve been in the running for a conference championship 4 November’s in a row in a conference that has Texas, Oklahoma, and an absurdly hard conference schedule compared to the other conferences. Mountaineer fans should be counting their blessings because we could just as easily be in the American right now.

^^^^^^^^^Fair and hard to argue against^^^^^^^^

Except imo you overrate the BiG12. It’s a solid conference but the lack of defense is glaring to all non homers.

If WVU beats Oklahoma and then Texas in the Big 12 title game the mood will change drastically on this board. Cursers will become praisers. It's the nature of fandom.

Me, I can't wait to sit in my Section 105 seat and watch my alma mater beat Oklahoma. The Big 12 is synonymous with shootouts.

Oklahoma 37, Iowa State 27 BEFORE Montgomery and Purdy came along to light a fire under the Cyclones.

West Virginia 42, Texas Tech 34

Texas 48, Oklahoma 45

Iowa State 48, Oklahoma State 42

Iowa State 40, Texas Tech 31

Oklahoma State 38, Texas 35

West Virginia 42, Texas 41

Oklahoma 51, Texas Tech 46

Baylor 35, Oklahoma State 31

Oklahoma 48, Oklahoma State 47

Texas 41, Texas Tech 34

Oklahoma State 45, West Virginia 41

Oklahoma 55, Kansas 40

Notice that it doesn't matter whether it's a top 5 Big 12 team or a bottom 5 Big 12 team.

A shootout is normal in the Big 12. Friday probably won't be any different.

By the way, Oklahoma fans are wondering how they can stop Will Grier, David Sills & friends, too.

I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

Why stop there old fella? How bout if WVU wins its next 25 games. That would be something.

WVU beats Oklahoma and Texas beats Kansas on Friday and WVU will play Texas for the Big 12 title. The joke's on you.

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

S ink Oklahoma & play for Big 12 title vs. Texas

"IF". The biggest word in sports (especially golf). Only thing worse is "Wait 'till next year!"

Not a stupid post. It’s a fact. Dana can’t win a championship. That’s the point. I’d rather play UCF’s schedule (or Notre Dame’s) and have a shot at the playoff than go 6-3 in Big 12 every year. Sorry. I’m tired of losing. At least Nehlen and RR gave us a chance. Stewart won 9 games three straight years but we fired him for not winning championships.

Dana won a big east championship his first year here.

if you’d have told us that at the beginning of the year then we’d all laugh you out of existence.

The joke’s on us. We got Holgorsened.

Pitt is just enjoying the stupid example of the flawed two-division matchup of a conference. One division can be elite, vs a division full of schitt teams. But because SOMEBODY from pitts division has to play, they get chosen. They weren't chosen for their excellence,they lucked in because they were the best of the worst.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
"IF". The biggest word in sports (especially golf). Only thing worse is "Wait 'till next year!"

As someone who has played 130 rounds this year, down from 160 rounds last year (I am 86, after all), I can testify to the IF in golf. Also a lot of God, Damns and Oh, Shits in golf, too.

Pitt is just enjoying the stupid example of the flawed two-division matchup of a conference. One division can be elite, vs a division full of schitt teams. But because SOMEBODY from pitts division has to play, they get chosen. They weren't chosen for their excellence,they lucked in because they were the best of the worst.

What a pathetic jealous post. Pitt is in an area(footprint) that WVU can’t compete with. Academically WVU can’t compete with Pitt either. So when ACC came calling WVU was obviously not attractive to ACC for these two reasons. Hence Pitt and Cuse get the invite. When it came down to the final spot it had nothing to do with academics obviously because Louisville was chosen. To this day I’m bitter that WVU didn’t get that spot. Now WVU is stuck going to cowtowns and shitholes. Not that hard to understand bitterman.

What a pathetic jealous post. Pitt is in an area(footprint) that WVU can’t compete with. Academically WVU can’t compete with Pitt either. So when ACC came calling WVU was obviously not attractive to ACC for these two reasons. Hence Pitt and Cuse get the invite. When it came down to the final spot it had nothing to do with academics obviously because Louisville was chosen. To this day I’m bitter that WVU didn’t get that spot. Now WVU is stuck going to cowtowns and shitholes. Not that hard to understand bitterman.

Is that why WV pulls in more money than Pitt.

Don't show your true colors so easily.

WV was not invited to the ACC for one and one reason only.
That UVA does not think WV belongs at their table.

Ultimately the ACC's survival depends on one thing

Their network..

If their network fails the ACC has two choices
A) Bend over to ND
B) Bend over to Texas

But neither school wants the ACC
So the ACC will be a candy shop that other conferences take what they want from.

Problem is Pitt brings nothing to the table...
The B1G doesn't want them
The SEC doesn't want them

The Big XII has Pittsburgh with WV so that leaves the AAC

Don't be so cocky when you are standing on soap in the shower

Hell, even the Pitt students and alumni won't watch the Panther football fiasco. There are more empty seats than butts in Ketchup Stadium for every game.
No such problem at WVU. 52,000 is a "bad" draw. At Pitt that's called a miracle crowd.

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

Immediately pulls the "academic card" out......typical.

Northwestern did the same in the Big 10

I really wish WVU and Pitt were in the same conference though. Backyard Brawl was the best game on the BE Football schedule.

Is that why WV pulls in more money than Pitt.

Don't show your true colors so easily.

WV was not invited to the ACC for one and one reason only.
That UVA does not think WV belongs at their table.

Not so moron haha. 4 universities wanted WVU in ACC. The others didn’t.

When the ACC expanded in the early 2000's UVA did not want Va Tech.

Only reason Va Tech is in the ACC is because of Virginia politics and because of forcing their way in.

UVA pretty much feels the same way about WV but WV can't force their way in.
They have no leverage.

Only leverage WV has.....
Is if Texas wants to be in the ACC and WV rides Texas' coattails.

But the numbers don't make sense and OU would be the 16th most likely but Texas even though the DMV is one of its largest alumni bases outside of Texas doesn't really want the ACC .

Who are these 4?

You have been in the ACC long enough to understand that it is a Virginia/N Carolina conference.

Pretty much UVA and UNC.

Of course you forgot Duke Texass. Newbie Pitt, Newbie Cuse, FSU and Clemson all pushed for WVU but footprint and academics sealed the deal against WVU in round 1. ACC bowed to FSU and Clemson in round 2 and they wanted Louisville over WVU. Round two is what pisses my off. I get round 1 because WVU academic ranking is so bad so at the time Pitt and Cuse made sense. But Louisville over WVU was a horrible decision IMO.

When the ACC expanded in the early 2000's UVA did not want Va Tech.

Only reason Va Tech is in the ACC is because of Virginia politics and because of forcing their way in.

UVA pretty much feels the same way about WV but WV can't force their way in.
They have no leverage.

Only leverage WV has.....
Is if Texas wants to be in the ACC and WV rides Texas' coattails.

But the numbers don't make sense and OU would be the 16th most likely but Texas even though the DMV is one of its largest alumni bases outside of Texas doesn't really want the ACC .

ACC would never consider Texas unless they gave up that disaster LHN. The only 16th member would be ND so your wrong on both but who’s counting haha.

Ultimately the ACC's survival depends on one thing

Their network..

If their network fails the ACC has two choices
A) Bend over to ND
B) Bend over to Texas

But neither school wants the ACC
So the ACC will be a candy shop that other conferences take what they want from.

Problem is Pitt brings nothing to the table...
The B1G doesn't want them
The SEC doesn't want them

The Big XII has Pittsburgh with WV so that leaves the AAC

Don't be so cocky when you are standing on soap in the shower

You’re such a fool Texass. You really are. The ACC has the most TVs so anything you post is noise haha.

Hell, even the Pitt students and alumni won't watch the Panther football fiasco. There are more empty seats than butts in Ketchup Stadium for every game.
No such problem at WVU. 52,000 is a "bad" draw. At Pitt that's called a miracle crowd.

N ailed Baylor, 58-14

E viscerated TCU, 47-10

Enjoy the game Friday from sunny Orlando OL day timer. I’ll be freezing my butt off on the 20 yard line.

Of course you forgot Duke Texass. Newbie Pitt, Newbie Cuse, FSU and Clemson all pushed for WVU but footprint and academics sealed the deal against WVU in round 1. ACC bowed to FSU and Clemson in round 2 and they wanted Louisville over WVU. Round two is what pisses my off. I get round 1 because WVU academic ranking is so bad so at the time Pitt and Cuse made sense. But Louisville over WVU was a horrible decision IMO.

BE filed a lawsuit against WV...
Pitt and Syracuse didn't expect to go to the ACC.

When Oliver Luck made his decision the ACC was a done deal.

No one pushed for WV in the ACC.
Once Syracuse and Pitt were members it was a done deal.

ACC would never consider Texas unless they gave up that disaster LHN. The only 16th member would be ND so your wrong on both but who’s counting haha.

The ACC will make sense because of the LHN...

The ACC has already said Texas could keep it and would be considered a secondary channel of the ACC Network.

ESPN controls both.

With the inner turmoil surrounding the Big 12, how can the ACC better itself as it gets closer to launching its own conference network? Offer Texas a “Notre Dame deal”. Lure the Longhorns by allowing them to participate in all sports while requiring a 5-game ACC football schedule. Like the Irish, Texas must sign the Grant of Rights and agree to join the ACC completely if or when they are forced to go all in to a conference. Texas-to-the-ACC isn’t as far fetched as it first appears. Back in 2011, UT was close to joining to ACC when it looked like the Big 12 was going to fall apart

http://louisvillesportslive.net/how...-its-value-lure-texas-with-a-notre-dame-deal/

The ACC schools in SEC states, UNC and UVA have been courting Texas the last two years

All it preparation of the ACC Network being a failure

BE filed a lawsuit against WV...
Pitt and Syracuse didn't expect to go to the ACC.

When Oliver Luck made his decision the ACC was a done deal.

No one pushed for WV in the ACC.
Once Syracuse and Pitt were members it was a done deal.

I get a kick out of internet educated geeks haha. I’m a Pitt booster knucklehead. I also support WVU more than you support Texass.

The ACC will make sense because of the LHN...

The ACC has already said Texas could keep it and would be considered a secondary channel of the ACC Network.

ESPN controls both.

Reference my other post knucklehead. Last time Texass put out feelers for buyin ACC and Big Ten gave them an answer in like 60 seconds. What do you think the feedback was haha.

So you go back to attacks when you are proven wrong....

Just face the facts.
You can't brow beat WV about not being in the ACC..

Pitt never helped WV get in the ACC.

Because by the time Pitt was in the ACC WV's GOR was with the Big XII...

So try bullshitting someone else...

ACC is still in constant contact with Texas

You don't offer up everything and then tell someone no....
The relationship between UT and the two main ACC universities go back a long time.

Either you never attended Pitt or you are naive....

These internet articles are used to manipulate fanbases.

When the needle movers want something done they have the writers on these sites write articles to manipulate the narrative of a fanbase.

That is how the world works...
The ACC schools have been pushing this Texas to the ACC for the last few years.
Because if the ACC Network fails the ACC is finished...

Actually in round 2 the big 12 chose wvu over ul. Then over a year later the acc took ul after Maryland bolted to the big10. Acc nevr has the choice between wvu and ul.

Greg never makes sense

He is only here to browbeat WV.

I ventured over to the Pitt message board and GregJacobs is totally different over there

He actually takes part in constructive conversations.
I am sure one of his alters made this topic...

But Greg is only here to insult and feel superior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT