ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt will be in their championship game and we will not

So you go back to attacks when you are proven wrong....

Just face the facts.
You can't brow beat WV about not being in the ACC..

Pitt never helped WV get in the ACC.

Because by the time Pitt was in the ACC WV's GOR was with the Big XII...

So try bullshitting someone else...

ACC is still in constant contact with Texas

You don't offer up everything and then tell someone no....
The relationship between UT and the two main ACC universities go back a long time.

Says the pinhead geek from Texass haha

Greg never makes sense

He is only here to browbeat WV.

I ventured over to the Pitt message board and GregJacobs is totally different over there

He actually takes part in constructive conversations.
I am sure one of his alters made this topic...

But Greg is only here to insult and feel superior.

Now I know for a fact you’re a pathetic liar haha. Thanks for confirming that for me. I’m very rarely on free site on Lair. My anti homer attitude gets me in way more trouble on Lair. The sad thing is sometimes you post good stuff. But you’re obliviously a young kid that needs to grow up. I chat here because I don’t want to blow up at idiots like you on Lot. I told Veron i wouldn’t do that. This side use to be great for visitors but now a Texass idiot like you has basically ruined this site. Congrats dooshbag.

Either you never attended Pitt or you are naive....

These internet articles are used to manipulate fanbases.

When the needle movers want something done they have the writers on these sites write articles to manipulate the narrative of a fanbase.

That is how the world works...
The ACC schools have been pushing this Texas to the ACC for the last few years.
Because if the ACC Network fails the ACC is finished...

Only geek fans like you get manipulated. Your last sentence proves to what an idiot you really are.
WVU > Texass

Now I know for a fact you’re a pathetic liar haha. Thanks for confirming that for me. I’m very rarely on free site on Lair. My anti homer attitude gets me in way more trouble on Lair. The sad thing is sometimes you post good stuff. But you’re obliviously a young kid that needs to grow up. I chat here because I don’t want to blow up at idiots like you on Lot. I told Veron i wouldn’t do that. This side use to be great for visitors but now a Texass idiot like you has basically ruined this site. Congrats dooshbag.

You should seek mental health...
Maybe visit your local church.

To get back to the point.

The ACC is so far behind the rest of the P5 it is not even funny

The ACC’s average distribution to 14 full-time members of $26.6 million was last among the Power Five — with only 10 schools, the Big 12’s average distribution was $34.3 million, the latter figure from USA Today’s Steve Berkowitz.

That is without third tier rights.
If you add third tier rights a school like Texas brings in 50 million a year.
Twice what the ACC brings.

The ACC Network is not going to fill that gap.

[thumbsup][thumbsup]
To get back to the point.

The ACC is so far behind the rest of the P5 it is not even funny

The ACC’s average distribution to 14 full-time members of $26.6 million was last among the Power Five — with only 10 schools, the Big 12’s average distribution was $34.3 million, the latter figure from USA Today’s Steve Berkowitz.

That is without third tier rights.
If you add third tier rights a school like Texas brings in 50 million a year.
Twice what the ACC brings.

The ACC Network is not going to fill that gap.

Aaaahahahahaha!!!! OMG the ACC is doomed everyone. Fold up the tents. ACC gone [cheers]

Pitt have any chance against Miami this weekend....

I get why you act like a WV over here but why Ohio State...
Doesn't Pitt have bad blood with Ohio St.

Pitt have any chance against Miami this weekend....

I get why you act like a WV over here but why Ohio State...
Doesn't Pitt have bad blood with Ohio St.

Sure Pitt has a chance. Looked like that Miami was packin it in but crushed VT in second half. The Coastal is obviously not strong this year and Miami is no good either.

Here’s my gig
My entire family is from the Wheeling, WV Fairmont, WV and Bellaire, OH Area. One side had OSU season tickets for decades. The other side had WVU season tickets for decades. My dad was an All State End in Ohio for Bellaire but wanted to be a Doc and Woody Hayes wouldn’t let players start out in sciences so my dad went and played at Purdue. Purdue beat OSU twice in my dads 3 years. Good Bib Griese and Lenny Dawson team he played on. My best friend growing up in 70s was David Dyar. He was in my wedding. His dad was Johnny Major’s DL coach at Iowa St, Pitt and Tennessee. I was on the sidelines for almost every Pitt game from 1973-1977. My kid played and was a 3 year letterman at Duquesne and now is their Defensive Quality Control Coach and is a paid staff member not a GA. Really good for a young kid. WVU, OSU, Duquesne and Pitt are in my DNA. I follow Purdue lightly. There’s my story dude.

OSU has big stick as a top 10 program and obviously Pitt isn’t there. I’m just glad WVU/Pitt is back on. When with the Pitt big wigs I chirp every time about making that series permanent.

Personally, I'm glad WVU's not in the ACC. No matter what the reasons.

Let's look a little more closely at the ACC:

The perks:
1) Games closer to home.
2) Game with old rivals
3) Good basketball

The negatives:
Too many to mention...

Here is what would happen to WVU - the same thing that happened to all the other teams that jumped to the ACC - the quality of the product on the field would have diminished. In 10 years, we would go from winning 10 games a year in the ACC down to barely being bowl eligible. Look at what has happened to the ACC - one good team, a couple of decent teams, and about 12 .500 level programs, and this is after playing 3 Liberty's and ODU's a year. To add, this is EVERY year, the only difference is which 2 or 3 will be considered "decent" in that particular year.

No thanks.

Plus, the ACC will always be weak as long as its the bottom of the P5 financially. Nobody is going to the ACC for a pay cut. Dollars are what drives this machine, not wins.

So, to sum up, it's like being ridiculed for not marrying the homecoming queen. Especially when the homecoming queen, who looks beautiful on the outside, is really a self-absorbed, meth-addicted, cheap-assed, cheating slut.

There are still some who want the homecoming queen because of her looks. Sad for them....

Lucky us. Guess we really do have a lot to be thankful for...

Reactions: 88rocco

The perks:
1) Games closer to home.
2) Game with old rivals
3) Good basketball

The negatives:
Too many to mention...

Here is what would happen to WVU - the same thing that happened to all the other teams that jumped to the ACC - the quality of the product on the field would have diminished. In 10 years, we would go from winning 10 games a year in the ACC down to barely being bowl eligible. Look at what has happened to the ACC - one good team, a couple of decent teams, and about 12 .500 level programs, and this is after playing 3 Liberty's and ODU's a year. To add, this is EVERY year, the only difference is which 2 or 3 will be considered "decent" in that particular year.

No thanks.

Plus, the ACC will always be weak as long as its the bottom of the P5 financially. Nobody is going to the ACC for a pay cut. Dollars are what drives this machine, not wins.

So, to sum up, it's like being ridiculed for not marrying the homecoming queen. Especially when the homecoming queen, who looks beautiful on the outside, is really a self-absorbed, meth-addicted, cheap-assed, cheating slut.

There are still some who want the homecoming queen because of her looks. Sad for them....

Plain Jane post. Your positives are all you need to post. No one in America outside of Big12 territory gives a rats ass about WVU and who they play. Just saw ratings numbers in Pittsburgh. WVU is a joke afterthought in this area. Add some value and just post you hate Pitt more than you love WVU.

Reactions: Pitt5593
WV has had two games in the Top 3 of the weekly ratings this year

Pitt has had zero

They had one that was 4th and one that was 5th.

WV most likely will have a third game this weekend

Both conference have major issues obviously but the difference is that Texas and Oklahoma can carry the Big XII by themselves.
No one can carry the ACC in football not even Clemson
Clemson has a medium size fanbase in a medium size state.

The ACC is on their last hope with their network.
The last round of realignment the Big XII loss schools but in the end they are as strong financially as before.
The ACC gained schools and it did not help out their finances.

NC State is target number 1 for the SEC...
If the network fails ESPN will be more than happy to pull the plug

Plain Jane post. Your positives are all you need to post. No one in America outside of Big12 territory gives a rats ass about WVU and who they play. Just saw ratings numbers in Pittsburgh. WVU is a joke afterthought in this area. Add some value and just post you hate Pitt more than you love WVU.

Of course it was a plain post. Plainly and simply the truth. How do I know? Nobody on here refuted one single thing I posted. You couldn't either because you know what I wrote is true. All of it.

The positives are really not all that positive except to WVU fans who enjoy "rivalry" games in meaningless situations that will have no bearing on anything of importance or than to fill opposing stadiums because they can't draw well enough themselves..

WVU vs Pitt is meaningful only to WVU and Pitt fans. Rarely in the history of the rivalry has the game even had significance to anyone outside of the fan bases for both. Same with VT - its only for bragging rights.

To add, nobody anywhere cares about who Pitt plays. Even Pitt fans don't care - they gave up on their team years ago. That's why you came here. Same goes for 90% of the ACC teams: Who wants to watch .500 teams play each other on Friday nights? That's all you're going to see watching ACC games - snoozefests with no meaning with teams fighting to become bowl eligible after playing a third of its schedule against the likes of Liberty, ODU, and James Madison and losing one of the three and half your schedule against teams from your own conference who aren't as good as the three FCS schools I mentioned.

If no one cares who WVU plays in Pittsburgh, why is WVU's basketball game being covered by ATTSN out of Pittsburgh? Obviously, some people do. Not football, they can't afford that, though.

Another tidbit, who does Pitt play this week? The answer: No one anywhere cares. WVU has a big game with Oklahoma. In the B12, its a big game with implications nearly every week. Sure, we have our Kansas. But, if we joined the ACC, every week would be Kansas week.

I'll finish with this. I won't stoop to ad hominem attacks with you, Greg. That's where you go when confronted with a post that disagrees with you. If there is something you disagree with, post a reply to substantiate your beliefs. Otherwise, Happy Thanksgiving.

WV has had two games in the Top 3 of the weekly ratings this year

Pitt has had zero

They had one that was 4th and one that was 5th.

WV most likely will have a third game this weekend

Convince yourself of whatever you like but the Big12 probably misses the playoffs again. Big12 territory is the only place that cares about WVU. Pittsburgh and surrounding area is not a hotbed for WVU.

Of course it was a plain post. Plainly and simply the truth. How do I know? Nobody on here refuted one single thing I posted. You couldn't either because you know what I wrote is true. All of it.

The positives are really not all that positive except to WVU fans who enjoy "rivalry" games in meaningless situations that will have no bearing on anything of importance or than to fill opposing stadiums because they can't draw well enough themselves..

WVU vs Pitt is meaningful only to WVU and Pitt fans. Rarely in the history of the rivalry has the game even had significance to anyone outside of the fan bases for both. Same with VT - its only for bragging rights.

To add, nobody anywhere cares about who Pitt plays. Even Pitt fans don't care - they gave up on their team years ago. That's why you came here. Same goes for 90% of the ACC teams: Who wants to watch .500 teams play each other on Friday nights? That's all you're going to see watching ACC games - snoozefests with no meaning with teams fighting to become bowl eligible after playing a third of its schedule against the likes of Liberty, ODU, and James Madison and losing one of the three and half your schedule against teams from your own conference who aren't as good as the three FCS schools I mentioned.

If no one cares who WVU plays in Pittsburgh, why is WVU's basketball game being covered by ATTSN out of Pittsburgh? Obviously, some people do. Not football, they can't afford that, though.

Another tidbit, who does Pitt play this week? The answer: No one anywhere cares. WVU has a big game with Oklahoma. In the B12, its a big game with implications nearly every week. Sure, we have our Kansas. But, if we joined the ACC, every week would be Kansas week.

I'll finish with this. I won't stoop to ad hominem attacks with you, Greg. That's where you go when confronted with a post that disagrees with you. If there is something you disagree with, post a reply to substantiate your beliefs. Otherwise, Happy Thanksgiving.

Cliffs please! I’m not going down your emotional tantrum.

Convince yourself of whatever you like but the Big12 probably misses the playoffs again. Big12 territory is the only place that cares about WVU. Pittsburgh and surrounding area is not a hotbed for WVU.

You still don't get the point...

The ACC is getting killed in the ratings.
Meaning when first and second tier rights are renegotiated the ACC won't have any leverage.

Now comes third tier rights and the ACC network.
Do all cable and satellite companies pick up the network.
Comcast is a bitch to deal with.
The B1G network may end up being cut from Comcast.

So what happens with the ACC network will determine the future of the conference.

Clemson in the CFP will not.

Meaning when first and second tier rights are renegotiated the ACC won't have any leverage.

So what happens with the ACC network will determine the future of the conference.

We’re not going down this Big12 great ACC folding road again are we?

BTW have a great day with your family today brother. This is all dumb fun on this site.

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
We’re not going down this Big12 great ACC folding road again are we?

I can't tell you right now...
We will all know by 2023.

Throw the Pac XII in there as well.
Truthfully I have been a proponent of those three conferences to create a super conference and add ND.

So pretty much the best 16 including ND to form a Super Conference.

I can't tell you right now...
We will all know by 2023.

Throw the Pac XII in there as well.
Truthfully I have been a proponent of those three conferences to create a super conference and add ND.

So pretty much the best 16 including ND to form a Super Conference.

To many contracts in place from what I’ve been told to blow current system up. It all really comes down what happens in Big12 in 2023-2024. Timing isn’t great then to poach ACC, if interest even existed with ACC school, but I think poaching PAC12 western schools like Colorado or Arizona schools would make a lot of sense. Easy radical fix would be Texas to Big with Kansas and Oklahoma and friends go to West.

Cliffs please! I’m not going down your emotional tantrum.

I know you read it all. You simply have no response.

But, if you want it "simpler" here it goes.

I don't like Pitt. I don't hate Pitt. I am apathetic toward Pitt because Pitt is irrelevant. Same goes for the ACC. Don't want WVU to become Pitt and, by proxy, irrelevant by joining ACC.

No matter how much you want to try to make it so on this site.

PS: I hate making things simpler. Only the simple minded need it.

They probably do. But, if strength of schedule is taken into account, so would Clemson. Not saying Clemson isn't a good team, or won't win. But, there are probably 4 teams in the B12 that would be undefeated having played Clemson's schedule, too. I don't think Clemson would be undefeated playing in the B12 conference either.

Of course saying B12 territory is the only place that cares about WVU makes sense. Same argument could be made about Arizona State in Minnesota or about Rutgers in Oregon.

So what if the Pittsburgh metro area isn't a hotbed for WVU? It isn't a hotbed for Pitt either. Pittsburgh isn't a hotbed for anyone that I know about. They don't care about anyone, football wise, other than the Steelers. More to life than the Pittsburgh Metro.

They probably do. But, if strength of schedule is taken into account, so would Clemson. Not saying Clemson isn't a good team, or won't win. But, there are probably 4 teams in the B12 that would be undefeated having played Clemson's schedule, too. I don't think Clemson would be undefeated playing in the B12 conference either.

Of course saying B12 territory is the only place that cares about WVU makes sense. Same argument could be made about Arizona State in Minnesota or about Rutgers in Oregon.

So what if the Pittsburgh metro area isn't a hotbed for WVU? It isn't a hotbed for Pitt either. Pittsburgh isn't a hotbed for anyone that I know about. They don't care about anyone, football wise, other than the Steelers. More to life than the Pittsburgh Metro.

Like I said. You hate Pitt more than you love WVU. I’ll be at the 20 yard line tomorrow with my brother. I’m a WVU fan. Just not a homer.

I know you read it all. You simply have no response.

But, if you want it "simpler" here it goes.

I don't like Pitt. I don't hate Pitt. I am apathetic toward Pitt because Pitt is irrelevant. Same goes for the ACC. Don't want WVU to become Pitt and, by proxy, irrelevant by joining ACC.

No matter how much you want to try to make it so on this site.

PS: I hate making things simpler. Only the simple minded need it.

Honestly I didn’t read it. Simpler is your word LOL. Thanks for cliffs. You must have missed it haha. Pitt is playing in front of a National audience on December 1st against Clemson or the ACC Title. Pitt won the Coastal Division of the ACC. Since 2015 Pitt is 20-11 in ACC second only to Clemson. Pitt is currently ranked 24 in the Country in latest Playoff rankings. Pitt hoops hired respected Coach K assistant Jeff Capel. It’s a total rebuild but has already done some nice things. Recruiting wise his first class was ranked like 5 or 6 in ACC. He’s got them 6-0 with a nice upset win over A10 preseason favorite St Louis. Pitt’s woman’s volleyball team apparently are a national story. I don’t follow anything other than football and hoops so I wouldn’t know. So posting Pitt as “irrelevant in ACC” tells me you’re a homer and are emotional when it comes to Pitt. As far as the ACC is concerned football is a playoff consideration and ACC basketball is always respected nationally. If you can’t see and accept that then you’re a fool for all to see.

PS. That’s as simple as I can make it for you

The perks:
1) Games closer to home.
2) Game with old rivals
3) Good basketball

The negatives:
Too many to mention...

No thanks.

Winner.

Honestly I didn’t read it. Simpler is your word LOL. Thanks for cliffs. You must have missed it haha. Pitt is playing in front of a National audience on December 1st against Clemson or the ACC Title. Pitt won the Coastal Division of the ACC. Since 2015 Pitt is 20-11 in ACC second only to Clemson. Pitt is currently ranked 24 in the Country in latest Playoff rankings. Pitt hoops hired respected Coach K assistant Jeff Capel. It’s a total rebuild but has already done some nice things. Recruiting wise his first class was ranked like 5 or 6 in ACC. He’s got them 6-0 with a nice upset win over A10 preseason favorite St Louis. Pitt’s woman’s volleyball team apparently are a national story. I don’t follow anything other than football and hoops so I wouldn’t know. So posting Pitt as “irrelevant in ACC” tells me you’re a homer and are emotional when it comes to Pitt. As far as the ACC is concerned football is a playoff consideration and ACC basketball is always respected nationally. If you can’t see and accept that then you’re a fool for all to see.

PS. That’s as simple as I can make it for you

Sure you didn't...so on to your post. I read all of it - because I don't require Cliff's.

I guessed I did miss it. Like most of America. I will miss it when its played. Like most of America. Why? Because its an irrelevant game. Nobody cares. Its that unimportant. Clemson isn't going to lose - everybody knows that - so why watch?

Second, all the other stuff you wrote about basketball and volleyball is irrelevant also. Simply put, I couldn't care less. Pitt winning the Coastal (I had to go back and look at the teams in it - and laugh) is like being the tallest midget in the room. There is no emotion involved here. To me, Pitt is in the same category as Montana or San Jose State - teams that are irrelevant - in anything. Why would I care what happens to them one way or the other unless they are on WVU's schedule?

Third, ACC basketball is respected. So what? So is the B12. No matter how much you try to move the goalpost and change this football discussion over to basketball. The ACC is in the playoff consideration because of the easy ride Clemson has. They likely will finish their schedule having played no top 25 teams (sorry, throwing a number in front of Pitt to try to make it a more appealing game is fake news). Also, if Pitt does somehow beat them, will they take their spot in the top 4? Don't think so.

So, in summary, WVU belongs right where they are - in the B12. Otherwise, if we go to the ACC, we stand a strong chance of becoming Pitt, BC, Cuse, Miami, and VT - once proud programs that are largely forgettable, mediocre programs now.

Enjoy the game Friday night. Hopefully, we will all feel a lot better Saturday morning.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Like I said. You hate Pitt more than you love WVU. I’ll be at the 20 yard line tomorrow with my brother. I’m a WVU fan. Just not a homer.

As I've written, I don't hate Pitt. I don't love Pitt either. I simply don't care one way or the other.

I'm not the one with the animus here. You simply can't stand that there is someone who sees Pitt as irrelevant. It is your problem, not mine.

Good luck tomorrow. You and your brother have a save trip.

PS: WVU loses tomorrow you are getting the blame. You brought bad mojo into the stadium. There is currently a non-homer policy in place. Next year, there may not be!

Greg....

I get it you love Pitt and you want people to tell you how great Pitt is.

But....I think you enjoy conflict. Must have a real boring life

You are on here bragging about women's volleyball...
Pitt is not even that good at it.

The difference between the Top schools like Nebraska, Penn St, Texas and the Pac 12 elite is huge.

Pretty much the Top 5 and everyone else.

Since 2015 Pitt is 20-11 in ACC second only to Clemson.
Hard to believe, but true pending the outcome this weekend. You could win some bar bets with that one. Not sure that says good things about the ACC, though...ha ha

Last edited:
Sure you didn't...so on to your post. I read all of it - because I don't require Cliff's.

I guessed I did miss it. Like most of America. I will miss it when its played. Like most of America. Why? Because its an irrelevant game. Nobody cares. Its that unimportant. Clemson isn't going to lose - everybody knows that - so why watch?

Second, all the other stuff you wrote about basketball and volleyball is irrelevant also. Simply put, I couldn't care less. Pitt winning the Coastal (I had to go back and look at the teams in it - and laugh) is like being the tallest midget in the room. There is no emotion involved here. To me, Pitt is in the same category as Montana or San Jose State - teams that are irrelevant - in anything. Why would I care what happens to them one way or the other unless they are on WVU's schedule?

Third, ACC basketball is respected. So what? So is the B12. No matter how much you try to move the goalpost and change this football discussion over to basketball. The ACC is in the playoff consideration because of the easy ride Clemson has. They likely will finish their schedule having played no top 25 teams (sorry, throwing a number in front of Pitt to try to make it a more appealing game is fake news). Also, if Pitt does somehow beat them, will they take their spot in the top 4? Don't think so.

So, in summary, WVU belongs right where they are - in the B12. Otherwise, if we go to the ACC, we stand a strong chance of becoming Pitt, BC, Cuse, Miami, and VT - once proud programs that are largely forgettable, mediocre programs now.

Enjoy the game Friday night. Hopefully, we will all feel a lot better Saturday morning.

Thanks man! We’re leaving Pgh around 2pm. Should be really good game hopefully ending with a win!

As I've written, I don't hate Pitt. I don't love Pitt either. I simply don't care one way or the other.

I'm not the one with the animus here. You simply can't stand that there is someone who sees Pitt as irrelevant. It is your problem, not mine.

Good luck tomorrow. You and your brother have a save trip.

PS: WVU loses tomorrow you are getting the blame. You brought bad mojo into the stadium. There is currently a non-homer policy in place. Next year, there may not be!

Thanks again! Fair enough but it’s a win coming for the Mountaineers! Hey if anyone here knows Pitt has had a brutal 30 years it’s me. I respect and totally get your feelings. It gets lost here but I dislike the Big12 simply because I love the WVU/Pitt relationship of old. That’s what i grew up with. They were great partners and stood strong and together when ACC expanded in round 1. Maybe when they start playing again in football I’ll feel better about the Big12.

Hard to believe, but true pending the outcome this weekend. You could win some bar bets with that one. Not sure that says good things about the ACC, though...ha ha

No doubt. I would say most wouldn’t know that.

Greg....

I get it you love Pitt and you want people to tell you how great Pitt is.

But....I think you enjoy conflict. Must have a real boring life

You are on here bragging about women's volleyball...
Pitt is not even that good at it.

The difference between the Top schools like Nebraska, Penn St, Texas and the Pac 12 elite is huge.

Pretty much the Top 5 and everyone else.

Fake News. I truly don’t care and just state the facts when homers with Pitt on their brain go off. I rarely bring Pitt up unless I’m defending myself or Pitt in a Fake News post. You as usually misrepresented my post and took it out of context. I don’t know anything about volleyball other than i guess they’re good in the ACC. I’m all football and hoops. Literally nothing else. You just posted more than I ever would know.

Pitt fan living in Bluefield here, I am rooting for WVU tomorrow, as I always do unless playing Pitt, but some fans here make it hard. Greg is a good guy....

Pitt fan living in Bluefield here, I am rooting for WVU tomorrow, as I always do unless playing Pitt, but some fans here make it hard. Greg is a good guy....

What’s up man! I need Pitt, WVU, Ohio St and Duquesne to all come through this weekend!!!

Hey I noticed you joined WVU free site and/or Pitt free site on October 27th. Did you join Lot and Lair?

Last edited:

Pitt football is filled with National Championships. Heisman Trophy Winner. Dikta. Marino. Dorsett. Fitzgerald. Martin. Revis. Donald. Schmidt. Goldberg. Sutherland. This year we played Notre Dame, Clemson and Penn State.

West Virginia football Has won a couple of Big East Championships. Alumni of note include Slaton, Austin And several others who had mediocre NFL careers. They playing a conference that rarely gets a team to the final four. Their games are played in the middle of nowhere.

Lastly, Pitt leads the Head to head series by an insurmountable number.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT