ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt will be in their championship game and we will not

The original premise of this topic was to brag about Pitt in the ACC championship.

Like I said the Big XII Championship game will have a higher attendance plus it will have better ratings.

The only tickets left are standing room tickets so far away from the action that you pretty much pay 65 dollars to stand and watch the game on the giant TV screen at AT&T Stadium above the field.

So.....

Blonde_shopping_cart.gif

Your championship game is as irrelevant as the AAC championship game.
That game may even draw more of an audience

Not by me. Fake News

The original premise of this topic was to brag about Pitt in the ACC championship.

Like I said the Big XII Championship game will have a higher attendance plus it will have better ratings.

The only tickets left are standing room tickets so far away from the action that you pretty much pay 65 dollars to stand and watch the game on the giant TV screen at AT&T Stadium above the field.

So.....

Blonde_shopping_cart.gif

Your championship game is as irrelevant as the AAC championship game.
That game may even draw more of an audience

I don’t know what’s worse. Your sister shopping at Dollar General or her doing dumb shit.

Well, Greg...how are you feeling about Pitt's chances this weekend?

Not good! Someone had to win the Coastal. Pitt can be proud of that. I’m not sure Pitt has an advantage at any position. Maybe RB. But you know what they say.........that’s why you play the game.

You are in the ACC....
What do you expect.

History lesson....
Georgia Tech 1990. Undefeated. One of the best teams in the country.
Treated like UCF would be today.

Remember Steve Spurrier's line about the Citrus Bowl....
Pretty much tells you how the big boys felt about the Citrus Bowl.

Because before Florida St joined the league only two ACC teams played in a major NYD Bowl game.
Clemson in 81 and Maryland in the late 1970's.

This is ultimately why Clemson storms the field....

What kind of elite program storms the field after beating a 6-6 team.

Your big time football school will forever be little brother.

Reason Clemson is called the Tigers..Because Auburn gave them the uniforms that started their football program.

No reason to promote your inferior product on this board.

You idiot shPitt fans still posting on here? Get a life.

PS - You have NO match for the Notorious Adam "Pac Man" Jones!!!

Go ahead ... I'll wait.

Greg....

You are so obviously butthurt.....

Sounds like WV is big brother as well....
Pitt has now loss their status to Penn St and WV.

Y'all are not the smartest bunch.

What a pathetic jealous post. Pitt is in an area(footprint) that WVU can’t compete with. Academically WVU can’t compete with Pitt either. So when ACC came calling WVU was obviously not attractive to ACC for these two reasons. Hence Pitt and Cuse get the invite. When it came down to the final spot it had nothing to do with academics obviously because Louisville was chosen. To this day I’m bitter that WVU didn’t get that spot. Now WVU is stuck going to cowtowns and shitholes. Not that hard to understand bitterman.

If WVU had waited, let Lousiville grab that that Big XII spot, WVU would be in ACC

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
If WVU had waited, let Lousiville grab that that Big XII spot, WVU would be in ACC

Untrue...
Nice revisionist history...
I thought you said Penn St fans were guilty of that.

Oliver Luck knew that the ACC wasn't going to offer them a spot.
Louisville was never considered a major candidate for the Big XII.

Luck grabbed the offer because if they didn't make the move WV would be in the American and UCONN would be in the ACC.

But like what everybody says WV is the ultimate winner out of the BigEast.

Untrue...

Luck grabbed the offer because if they didn't make the move WV would be in the American and UCONN would be in the ACC.

When Maryland defected to the B1G the ACC threw academics out the window going for a football name as evidenced by Louisville academics being a very slight tick better than WVU. Both abysmal by the standards the ACC was spouting.

So no I am not doing any revisionist history, it is just that after Maryland left, the ACC changed the academic goalpost as evidenced by Louisville getting admitted.

Edit: And Louisville did make a push to take WVU spot in the Big 12 and i remember some US senators getting into that mixup at the time.

When Maryland defected to the B1G the ACC threw academics out the window going for a football name as evidenced by Louisville academics being a very slight tick better than WVU. Both abysmal by the standards the ACC was spouting.

So no I am not doing any revisionist history, it is just that after Maryland left, the ACC changed the academic goalpost as evidenced by Louisville getting admitted.

Edit: And Louisville did make a push to take WVU spot in the Big 12 and i remember some US senators getting into that mixup at the time.

Who cares what Louisville wanted?
Louisville will always be little brother in KY.
WV is a much better brand longterm.

This is why the Big XII went with WV.

When Maryland left the ACC....
There was no way that WV could leave even if the ACC wanted them.

Truthfully it is not academics from what I have heard.
UVA is still upset that WV helped Va Tech by filing a lawsuit against the ACC...
Then Va Tech forced their way into the ACC by using the Virginia legislature.

Who cares what Louisville wanted?
Louisville will always be little brother in KY.
WV is a much better brand longterm.

This is why the Big XII went with WV.

When Maryland left the ACC....
There was no way that WV could leave even if the ACC wanted them.

Truthfully it is not academics from what I have heard.
UVA is still upset that WV helped Va Tech by filing a lawsuit against the ACC...
Then Va Tech forced their way into the ACC by using the Virginia legislature.

That is such a cluster it could be true. Because UVA did hold up Syracuse to get VT in, but if they didn't want them in and it was the commonwealth strongarming UVA I could see that.

But I don't remember WVU specifically helping VT, just filing against the ACC in general along with most BE teams.

That is such a cluster it could be true. Because UVA did hold up Syracuse to get VT in, but if they didn't want them in and it was the commonwealth strongarming UVA I could see that.

But I don't remember WVU specifically helping VT, just filing against the ACC in general along with most BE teams.

It postponed Boston College..
It was supposed to be BC and Miami.

The lawsuit was filed so the ACC had to hold up but this allowed Va Tech to get in through the Virginia legislature.

Truthfully this screws Va Tech if the ACC falls apart.

UVA will never join the SEC and both schools are attached at the hip.
Only thing they can do is join the B1G together or join the Big XII.

It postponed Boston College..
It was supposed to be BC and Miami.

The lawsuit was filed so the ACC had to hold up but this allowed Va Tech to get in through the Virginia legislature.

VTech replaced Syracuse of the three teams they wanted to take together.
Miami got in quickly, BC was held up as UVA was placing pressure and SU got kicked down the road

Truthfully if I was Pitt I would be attempting to open other options in case the ACC falls apart

Pretty sure the B1G would be interested in you and Syracuse.

If the ACC network falls a part NC State will jump.
The SEC wants them and NC State will buy their bullshit about making NC State the alpha in N Carolina.

VTech replaced Syracuse of the three teams they wanted to take together.
Miami got in quickly, BC was held up as UVA was placing pressure and SU got kicked down the road

Syracuse....
They should have never been involved with the entire bathroom situation in North Carolina.
They upset a lot of people in North Carolina.
Duke loss a game against South Carolina in the NCAA Tournament because of it.

Plus their coach still openly campaigns that the ACC tournament shouldn't be in Greensboro.

Syracuse....
They should have never been involved with the entire bathroom situation in North Carolina.
They upset a lot of people in North Carolina.
Duke loss a game against South Carolina in the NCAA Tournament because of it.

Plus their coach still openly campaigns that the ACC tournament shouldn't be in Greensboro.
Truthfully if I was Pitt I would be attempting to open other options in case the ACC falls apart

Pretty sure the B1G would be interested in you and Syracuse.

If the ACC network falls a part NC State will jump.
The SEC wants them and NC State will buy their bullshit about making NC State the alpha in N Carolina.

The ACC won't fall apart. The south is the fastest growing region of the US. demographics suggest the Big XII or B1G are losing the most population. But due to history the B1G is safe and it is the Big XII that should be worried, especially if the PAC decides to gobble up UT and OU once Big XII grant of rights expire.

The ACC won't fall apart. The south is the fastest growing region of the US. demographics suggest the Big XII or B1G are losing the most population. But due to history the B1G is safe and it is the Big XII that should be worried, especially if the PAC decides to gobble up UT and OU once Big XII grant of rights expire.

How is the Big XII losing population

It's currently estimated that the population of Texas in 2018 is 28.70 million, up substantially from 25.1 million in 2010. This is due to its current growth rate of 1.80%, which ranks 3rd in the country. The last US census was in 2010, so current figures are projected based on the latest estimates.

At the time of the 2010 Census, the number of citizens living in the Lone Star state was declared at 25,145,561, making it the second most populous state in the country. The state's population has now hit an all-time high of over 27 million, an estimated figure for 2018.

Pac 12 has one issue and that is Stanford.

Texas has had two different rounds of negotiations with Stanford.

The last round was in 2009-2011.
Since then Texas has increased its power while the Pac 12 overall has decreased its ability to negotiate.

Thing is Stanford has a large endowment so Pac 12 revenue to them is not important.

So Stanford won't give in and neither will Texas.
The Pac 12 is pretty much going to rot away...

Last edited:
How is the Big XII losing population

It's currently estimated that the population of Texas in 2018 is 28.70 million, up substantially from 25.1 million in 2010. This is due to its current growth rate of 1.80%, which ranks 3rd in the country. The last US census was in 2010, so current figures are projected based on the latest estimates.

At the time of the 2010 Census, the number of citizens living in the Lone Star state was declared at 25,145,561, making it the second most populous state in the country. The state's population has now hit an all-time high of over 27 million, an estimated figure for 2018.

Texas isn't, but the rest of the Big XII is.
Oklahoma? down, Kansas? down, Iowa? down.

Texas isn't, but the rest of the Big XII is.
Oklahoma? down, Kansas? down, Iowa? down.

Oklahoma is technically considered a SunBelt state like Arkansas.
But both states very much like the Sunbelt are growing but at a slower rate

Oklahoma has an estimated population in 2018 of 3.94 million, up from 3.75 million at the 2010 Census. Its growth rate is currently 0.84%, which ranks 24th in the country. Over the years, its population has grown steadily to the point where it is edging toward a landmark of 4 million residents in the present day.

As with all states within the US, the nationwide Census of 2010 provides Oklahoma's last confirmed set of population figures. The census revealed that the population of Oklahoma was 3,751,351, which represented an increase of 8.7% on the figures released in 2000. The estimated 2018 population has now reached 3.94 million, which makes Oklahoma the 28th most populous state in the country.

Oklahoma Area and Population

Virginia's growth is different...
Virginia's growth is based on a lot jobs connected with the federal government.
College educated people that keep ties with their alma maters.
Almost every school considers that metro area a major market.
Especially Texas as the DMV is one of their largest alumni centers outside of Texas.

Like I said everything with the ACC will be determined by their network...

If it fails ACC will fail.

ACC needs to promote secondary sports.
One of the reasons why the SEC network works is because of CBaseBall.
More than half of the SEC schools think CBaseball is equal to football and basketball

Untrue...

Nope you’re wrong as usual fool. Luck did what he had to do. But of course you’re wrong. Don’t you have a Sonner site to pollute?

Nope you’re wrong as usual fool. Luck did what he had to do. But of course you’re wrong. Don’t you have a Sonner site to pollute?

What he had to do?
If that means he did what was best for WV you are correct.

Oliver Luck is probably the greatest student athlete in the history of WV.
The guy wasn't just a great football player but was a top student at WV.

Luck also attended the University of Texas School of Law after the NFL.
He had connections at UT and used these connections to get WV into the Big XII.
Without Luck it could have been Louisville in the Big XII and WV in the American.

But WV to the ACC is a non starter and always will be.

What he had to do?
If that means he did what was best for WV you are correct.

Oliver Luck is probably the greatest student athlete in the history of WV.
The guy wasn't just a great football player but was a top student at WV.

Luck also attended the University of Texas School of Law after the NFL.
He had connections at UT and used these connections to get WV into the Big XII.
Without Luck it could have been Louisville in the Big XII and WV in the American.

But WV to the ACC is a non starter and always will be.

Listen drama queen you go back n forth from Fake News to Old News

Listen drama queen you go back n forth from Fake News to Old News

Just like Pitt attempted to help WV get into the ACC....

You said that without realizing that Pitt wasn't even in the ACC when the move was made.
Pitt was so butthurt about the move they forced WV to pay an exit fee.

If Pitt was really an ally they would have never charged them a BE exit fee

You said that without realizing that Pitt wasn't even in the ACC when the move was made.

Pitt was on the way out and had no leverage either way

LOL at you thinking you know the actual timeline. LOL at you thinking the negotiations only involved Pitt and Cuse. LOL at you not realizing WVU was turned down in round one while Pitt Chancellor Nordenburg and WVU Admin were brothers in arms. Quick question slowpoke......why are Pitt and WVU buddies again? Please don’t be a dipshit and post either school actually needs the other. Read between the lines moron. I was right there when it went down haha. That’s all I can say on this dipshit site.

LOL at you thinking you know the actual timeline. LOL at you thinking the negotiations only involved Pitt and Cuse. LOL at you not realizing WVU was turned down in round one while Pitt Chancellor Nordenburg and WVU Admin were brothers in arms. Quick question slowpoke......why are Pitt and WVU buddies again? Please don’t be a dipshit and post either school actually needs the other. Read between the lines moron. I was right there when it went down haha. That’s all I can say on this dipshit site.

Are you talking about when the ACC went for championship game...

The ACC was stupid enough to not want Va Tech.
The ACC was stupid enough to think that Penn St didn't belong in their conference

The ACC makes bonehead decision after bonehead decision.

Including chasing South Carolina away.
Research the greatest basketball team to never play in the NCAA Tournament.
The ACC screwed South Carolina in Greensboro because at that time they had a rule of only allowing one ACC team into the tournament

Are you talking about when the ACC went for championship game...

The ACC was stupid enough to not want Va Tech.
The ACC was stupid enough to think that Penn St didn't belong in their conference

The ACC makes bonehead decision after bonehead decision.

Including chasing South Carolina away.
Research the greatest basketball team to never play in the NCAA Tournament.
The ACC screwed South Carolina in Greensboro because at that time they had a rule of only allowing one ACC team into the tournament

You’re all over the place. You remind me of that idiot that was on this site a few years ago as an expansion know it all. ACC hater haha. You post like a jealous little bitch. Go research the relationship Nordenberg and Pederson had with WVU Admin before to spout off crap like you do. Until then STFU!

Why would I be jealous of the ACC....
Doesn't make sense. Texas could get into the ACC at anytime and could get any and all legit demand met....
"
However, if the ACC ever landed college football’s great green whale – Notre Dame – the increased value, branding and profile the Irish would bring the league would put it on an even footing with the Big Ten and SEC. Don’t rule out Texas as a potential ACC add if that were ever to happen. While geographically mismatched, Texas’ academic and athletic profile fit the ACC perfectly and the ACC could be more willing to acquiesce to Texas’ in finding a solution for how to accommodate its Longhorn Network than the SEC or Big Ten."

http://gridironnow.com/acc-commissioner-refutes-notre-dame-rumors/
Don't be a fool.
I just recognize failure in leadership.
The Big XII has had this problem as well but they are taking a proactive approach.
Both the ACC and Pac 12 still make the same bonehead decisions.

So I ask you why would anyone be jealous of anything the ACC has...

Not trying to be a dick...

I don't treat people wrong until they cross the line.
You come in here with this attitude that you are superior to WV because you are in the ACC.

You are overestimating the ACC and its longterm viability.
More important you are overestimating Pitt...

WV is pretty much set.
The Big XII falls a part and WV finds somewhere to land or the Big XII stays together and expands.

Why would I be jealous of the ACC....
Doesn't make sense. Texas could get into the ACC at anytime and could get any and all legit demand met....
"
However, if the ACC ever landed college football’s great green whale – Notre Dame – the increased value, branding and profile the Irish would bring the league would put it on an even footing with the Big Ten and SEC. Don’t rule out Texas as a potential ACC add if that were ever to happen. While geographically mismatched, Texas’ academic and athletic profile fit the ACC perfectly and the ACC could be more willing to acquiesce to Texas’ in finding a solution for how to accommodate its Longhorn Network than the SEC or Big Ten."

http://gridironnow.com/acc-commissioner-refutes-notre-dame-rumors/
Don't be a fool.
I just recognize failure in leadership.
The Big XII has had this problem as well but they are taking a proactive approach.
Both the ACC and Pac 12 still make the same bonehead decisions.

So I ask you why would anyone be jealous of anything the ACC has...

You’re all emotional and all over the jibberish place.

One of the reasons why the SEC network works is because of CBaseBall.
More than half of the SEC schools think CBaseball is equal to football and basketball
Why wouldn’t they with all the CWS titles and appearances the SEC schools are racking up these days? Some of those programs might be making nearly as much revenue from baseball as they are from men’s basketball.

Good point about the network. I do watch it more during baseball than in the fall now that you mention it.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

The game was OVER after the FIRST play.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT