ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March.

Islanders......who have BADLY outplayed the Cryers today.....have just scored twice (in 1:22) late in the 3rd period to take a 4-2 lead.

McCann just keeps getting better. And it just offensively. Kid is everywhere on he ice and always plays smart hockey. Bjugstad seems to create multiple chances every game butnhe needs to start hitting the twine once in awhile. Murr is in playoff mode. Another stellar effort last night. Let’s keep rolling him out there as we are done with the back to back games. Perhaps did give him a night off once we solidify our playoff position.

Reactions: torontoeers
Two bonehead decisions, one on Dumo and the other Shultzie...cmon guys. Clear the puck simply rather than this risky shit to let em back in the game!
Edit: there's PK at the blue line doing his level best as usual too...wtf???

Who do we want to lose tomorrow eve? Need the points to gain home ice vs the Isles but damn would I love to see the Blojax miss the postseason. I guess I'll go with the Blojax then hope they self destruct further rest of the way...

I don't hesitate to jump on the play of any player including Sid. I haven't been critical at all of Letang since November. He has been good IMO.
images

Reactions: Irwineer2
Gotta find a way to get Casey some more time over these last 5 games imo. With MM injury history I would hate to see him thrown into a playoff atmosphere totally cold from meaningful game time... one of the Detroit matchups and ideally Rangers if the seeding is settled by last game? Thinkin two games would be ideal...

Watching the replay of the high hit on McCann yesterday, you have to wonder if the NHL gives a damn about head shots. The referee was 15 feet away watching the play and elects to call nothing. I am not at say that the hit was suspension worthy but at least deserved some sort of on ice call. It was direct hit to the head. It's interesting to me that the NHL will penalize high sticking based on the premise that you have to be in control of your stick but not use a similar interpretation when it comes to shoulders/elbow to the head

Gotta find a way to get Casey some more time over these last 5 games imo. With MM injury history I would hate to see him thrown into a playoff atmosphere totally cold from meaningful game time... one of the Detroit matchups and ideally Rangers if the seeding is settled by last game? Thinkin two games would be ideal...

This is big night for Metro standings as the Canes play the Caps and the Jackets play the Isles. If the Canes and jackets win, 4 teams will be within 3 pts of first. The Pens have such an easy road the next 11 days that I hope they don't take the foot off the gas.

While I wouldn't consider him a 'Norris lock ' he has been better...surely you must admit? Tabernaque!!!

he's been very good since november, that's obvious. but he isn't even close to good enough for this award. double m usually doesn't go homer often but he sure did here.

Watching the replay of the high hit on McCann yesterday, you have to wonder if the NHL gives a damn about head shots. The referee was 15 feet away watching the play and elects to call nothing. I am not at say that the hit was suspension worthy but at least deserved some sort of on ice call. It was direct hit to the head. It's interesting to me that the NHL will penalize high sticking based on the premise that you have to be in control of your stick but not use a similar interpretation when it comes to shoulders/elbow to the head
After watching it a few times I thought it was borderline at best. I didn't see any real intent to injure, looked like a hockey play to me and sometimes ya get whacked. In saying that yes this league is all over the freakin map when it comes to head shots last few years. They obviously drink alot and eat popcorn in the war room.

I was more perplexed at Sid lying in the net after Shitkirk basically deposited him there, and no call.

I know all about it. brendan shanahan was in the middle of all of that.
Indeed he was! Linemate of my cousin (Murray) back in junior. Murray was drafted by Buffalo, reported to Baltimore of the AHL and blew his knee out next year. It crushed him for awhile. I can remember the trophies in his parents house upon visiting summertime in Thunder Bay. I was in awe for my big cuz....he now coaches in Lethbridge Alberta after a lengthy stop coaching a Canadian University team Brock. I still have his full London Knights hockey card set he sent me back in the day...Bobby Halkidis and Jeff Reese, Dave Lowry, Jim Sandilak other NHL'ers on that years team.
FYI my cuz.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=9773
https://mobile.twitter.com/puckwisehockey?lang=en
He was on the ice for this one too
...ya we proud here of his fight in that 5'11 body...even moreso of his coaching accomplishments.

Sorry for the novela...but a guy needs to pump his family's tires lol

Reactions: Irwineer2
Indeed he was! Linemate of my cousin (Murray) back in junior. Murray was drafted by Buffalo, reported to Baltimore of the AHL and blew his knee out next year. It crushed him for awhile. I can remember the trophies in his parents house upon visiting summertime in Thunder Bay. I was in awe for my big cuz....he now coaches in Lethbridge Alberta after a lengthy stop coaching a Canadian University team Brock. I still have his full London Knights hockey card set he sent me back in the day...Bobby Halkidis and Jeff Reese, Dave Lowry, Jim Sandilak other NHL'ers on that years team.
FYI my cuz.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=9773
https://mobile.twitter.com/puckwisehockey?lang=en
He was on the ice for this one too
...ya we proud here of his fight in that 5'11 body...even moreso of his coaching accomplishments.
f them compuware assholes.

that is so cool, I didn't know your cousin was a pro. he played back when it was a man's game thats for sure. now the game is for all the dean youngblood size dudes.

ADVERTISEMENT