ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March.

both the canes and the islanders are down by one in the second period. unfortunately the canes are losing to the craps.

Reactions: torontoeers
both the canes and the islanders are down by one in the second period. unfortunately the canes are losing to the craps.
I'm assuming we all want the Metro lead period so we might have a potential at 2 rounds home ice....I like the idea BUT the Canes are a bunch of pesky f'ers. I'd rather avoid them period. Gimme the Isles any day...and let the chips fall where they may....

Reactions: Irwineer2
After watching it a few times I thought it was borderline at best. I didn't see any real intent to injure, looked like a hockey play to me and sometimes ya get whacked. In saying that yes this league is all over the freakin map when it comes to head shots last few years. They obviously drink alot and eat popcorn in the war room.

I was more perplexed at Sid lying in the net after Shitkirk basically deposited him there, and no call.

I just hope the NHL gets to the point of evaluating shots to the head the way they do with the high stick call. If player A initiates contact on player B and first contact is with the head, this must be a call if the league is serious about head shots. Just my 2 cents

Last night I watched the last 10 minutes or so of game 2 of the 87 Canada Cup. Short of murder, I am not sure the refs make a call against Canada in OT. Canadians were just mugging the Russians!! I think that game was on USA network. My cable provider turned USA network off at midnight or something like that for some garbage paid program. I listened to the end on a Montreal based, French, AM radio station. I new the Canadians won when heard the announcer scream Lemieux!!!!

Last night I watched the last 10 minutes or so of game 2 of the 87 Canada Cup. Short of murder, I am not sure the refs make a call against Canada in OT. Canadians were just mugging the Russians!! I think that game was on USA network. My cable provider turned USA network off at midnight or something like that for some garbage paid program. I listened to the end on a Montreal based, French, AM radio station. I new the Canadians won when heard the announcer scream Lemieux!!!!
Oh for certain there were some ahem 'missed ' calls. My bet says that if the series were held in the Soviet Union like 72 things would have been different. IMO that team was the greatest one Canada had ever assembled...and that goal by 66 from 99 , for my generation was the biggest one EVER. In fact we played it at my place over and over a few months back after copious amounts of booze were consumed. Somehow discussions turned to various arguments about best players etc Lol!

Oh for certain there were some ahem 'missed ' calls. My bet says that if the series were held in the Soviet Union like 72 things would have been different. IMO that team was the greatest one Canada had ever assembled...and that goal by 66 from 99 , for my generation was the biggest one EVER. In fact we played it at my place over and over a few months back after copious amounts of booze were consumed. Somehow discussions turned to various arguments about best players etc Lol!

if the two bobby's 9(Orr and Hull) play the 72 team is the goat.

was it Hawerchuk that pulled down the streaking Russian Defender trying to join the play? :)

Assuming the Pens play the Isles in the 2/3 game in the Metro, am I the only one that doesn't think the home ice matters all THAT much in the series ??

I realize NYI fans think they're virtually unbeatable at the NCC, but I truthfully don't see it. Meanwhile, the Pens haven't been much better on home ice than visiting ice the past month or so. To my way if thinking, Matt Murray holds up, they clearly can beat anyone anywhere. OTOH, if they keep putting up 43 SOG/1 GF efforts, they're likely one and out in any series, regardless WHO has the home ice advantage.

Meanwhile, since it appears (currently, at least) that Kessel is pretty much finished.....and that Sid remains largely MIA.....it would certainly help if Geno's ribs healed sooner rather than later. But I don't think we're going to see him in any of the next 4 games anyway (unless they absolutely HAVE to have the 2 points in Game 82 versus the NYR).

BTW, allow me be THE first to voice my concern over the 2 games with the Dead Wings next week. This is a team......much like the NJD.....against whom the Pens have not fared well the last couple of years They can skate like crazy, and they play the Pens with absolutely NO respect.

Not that anyone asked, but here are the current Metro standings and schedules.....and how everyone did last week.....for the rest of the season as of this morning (3/31/19)

WAS 102 (at FLA, MTL, NYI) 4-0 since last Sunday
NYI 99 (TOR, at FLA, at WAS) 3-1 since last Sunday
PIT 95 (CAR, at DET, DET, NYR) 1-1 since last Sunday
CAR 93 (at PIT, at TOR, NJD, at PHL) 2-2 since last Sunday
COL 92 (at BUF, BOS, at NYR, at OTT) 4-0 since last Sunday
MON 92 (TBL, at WAS, TOR) 3-1 since last Sunday

Obviously, essentially everyone took major advantage of the Pens light schedule last week. To me, THE biggest game of the week was Winnipeg's (0-3 AT HOME last week) late game collapse to the Isles on Thursday night; a game they'll most assuredly point to as key IF they finish in 2nd place.

It would also help the Pens immensely if the Leaves and Craps (who both play the Isles this week) actually decided to show-up this week rather than dial things back approaching the playoffs. Meanwhile, the Pens obviously could use a good effort this afternoon to put some actual distance between themselves and the Jerks for 3rd. Even though the Pens have the easier remaining schedule on paper, I sure as hell don't want to go to bed tonight tied with them.

Finally, it appears regrettably as though the Blojax have played themselves back into the playoffs; I just can't see the Canadiens finishing with more points given their remaining schedule. Which leaves me to decide if I prefer them to deal with the Bolts in the 1st Round, or else get a return shot at the Craps (either of which would suit me just fine).

I think this is right......
  • If the Pens win in regulation or OT today, they'll have a 4 point lead for 3rd......will move into a tie with the Jerks for the #2 ROW tiebreaker (both at 41).....and will clinch the #3 head-to-head points tiebreaker (5-2).
  • If the Jerks win in regulation or OT today, they'll tie the Pens at 95 points and move into 2nd based on a 42-40 lead in the #2 ROW tiebreaker.....and will clinch the #3 head-to-head points tiebreaker (5-2)
  • If it gets that far, the Pens likely have already pretty much clinched the #4 goal differential tiebreaker at +31 (versus the Jerks +18).
  • BTW, the #1 tiebreaker is total points in the fewer number of games, which won't apply since everyone will play 82 games.

I want MM sharp for playoffs And more importantly HEALTHY....BUT...DeSmith can win one or two of these games and deserves some action to stay game shape himself...

Ah well...need this one
Let's Go Pens!

Reactions: COOL MAN
NHL Network is carrying the Canes broadcast, which is pretty unusual for a road game. Mearsy and Errey begin the afternoon on Center Ice 745 before moving back to HD 740 (after completion of the Orioles/Yanks).

NHL Network is carrying the Canes broadcast, which is pretty unusual for a road game. Mearsy and Errey begin the afternoon on Center Ice 745 before moving back to HD 740 (after completion of the Orioles/Yanks).
I have the local broadcast team (thank goodness)? And this game not on my Rogers or TSN feeds. It's on NHLN here...odd...

Where the hell are you guys? And don't tell me you are having Sunday family dinner...it's over rated imo. :wink:
Flipping back and forth between Pens and basketball hoping like hell Duke gets beat. Watching UK and Duke both lose in one day would be fantastic.

Where the hell are you guys? And don't tell me you are having Sunday family dinner...it's over rated imo. :wink:

Hell no, I'm not having Sunday dinner......but I just finished my second margarita, and I'm a little mellow. Anyway, quite happy with the 2-0 lead after the late 2nd push by the Jerks. At this time of year, like golf, it's not HOW but how MANY.......

Hell no, I'm not having Sunday dinner......but I just finished my second margarita, and I'm a little mellow. Anyway, quite happy with the 2-0 lead after the late 2nd push by the Jerks. At this time of year, like golf, it's not HOW but how MANY.......
Lol...love it. I am delaying my meal...partly because my stomach is nervous leaving these Jerks hanging around...close this one out already...lets prepare for the Isles

Oh btw I was checking out hotels in the greater Burgh area an hour ago around Apr 14 or so. Highly reasonable rates on my points...you guys collective would LOVE that lmfao. Oh boy....game 3 or 4 may well be a loss. I apologize.

Lol...love it. I am delaying my meal...partly because my stomach is nervous leaving these Jerks hanging around...close this one out already...lets prepare for the Isles

Oh btw I was checking out hotels in the greater Burgh area an hour ago around Apr 14 or so. Highly reasonable rates on my points...you guys collective would LOVE that lmfao. Oh boy....game 3 or 4 may well be a loss. I apologize.
I know a guy named Guido who would gladly break both of your legs for less than the price of a room at the William Penn Hotel!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT