ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March.

Unfortunately, Price has been playing pretty well recently, and Montreal obviously isn't the easiest place to play on a Saturday night. But after last night......where I thought their effort, bye and large, was actually pretty decent by their current 2018/19 standards......I'm not confident as to their ability to come back with another on the second night of the back-to-back.

Meanwhile, 4-0 Oil at Columbus with 1:37 to go in the 2nd......if this stands up, Torts may pull out a gun and start shooting reporters in his post-game PC.

Reactions: torontoeers
Unfortunately, Price has been playing pretty well recently, and Montreal obviously isn't the easiest place to play on a Saturday night. But after last night......where I thought their effort, bye and large, was actually pretty decent by their current 2018/19 standards......I'm not confident as to their ability to come back with another on the second night of the back-to-back.

Meanwhile, 4-0 Oil at Columbus with 1:37 to go in the 2nd......if this stands up, Torts may pull out a gun and start shooting reporters in his post-game PC.
Let's hope it stands up...and ya, I don't feel overly confident they can rip one off tonight after the late collapse, but then I guess when we least expect it (in the not too distant past anyway) the core of the team has surprised before...
What's your view on PK at this juncture? I was lam basting him last night for his poor effort and imo continuing decline in play. If he's not gonna be a consistent point producer then he's more than worthless out there, he's a liability. I wish I knew what went on in this guys cranium every three or four years or so...has he checked out for good in The Burgh? Looks like it to my eyes over the last few months...
Edit: saw your reply in Feb thread...

Just saw the replay of that OT goal last night (barf) and I'm now thinking it hit 81 on the way in?
Also saw the lowlights of Petterson's game...for a guy that was doing so well I can't help but think he's now being asked to do too much with 58 and 8 out of lineup...Habs are a speedy pesky little bunch...hopefully the D stays mobile in combating them...

Getting down to the crunch and thinking...if this team makes the postseason who would you guys rather face? Bolts, Craps or if they can rhyme off a nice streak the Isles? I'll happily put my eggs in the Isles basket...beyond that I think I'd take Tampa over the Craps. They can play just about any style but The Pens seem to give an effort against them and Tampa always ending up the bridesmaid over the last few years after all the hype. Not convinced yet although that point total is off charts. I want nothing to do with the Craps...think they would punish us in the first round quite frankly...

Habs-0 goals on 12 shots; Pens 3 scores on 4 SOG. I'll take it! MM playing well so far. I hope it continues.

Getting down to the crunch and thinking...if this team makes the postseason who would you guys rather face? Bolts, Craps or if they can rhyme off a nice streak the Isles? I'll happily put my eggs in the Isles basket...beyond that I think I'd take Tampa over the Craps. They can play just about any style but The Pens seem to give an effort against them and Tampa always ending up the bridesmaid over the last few years after all the hype. Not convinced yet although that point total is off charts. I want nothing to do with the Craps...think they would punish us in the first round quite frankly...

Right now I really don't care who they play, because I don't have much confidence they're good enough to win a best of 7 over almost anyone decent. But while both the Bolts and Craps are cleary better, I don't personally think EITHER team scares the Pens.

MM playing well so far. I hope it continues.

And the Habs first goal of the night goes essentially right through the middle of his gut...... :weary:

Flames pulling out all the stops on this Iginla tribute tonight...nice to see imo. I woulda loved him as a Pen IN HIS PRIME DAMNIT lol....pretty much the quintessential Canuck (no not that Canuck) hockey player...damn he was a force back in the day...too beat up once we acquired him....

nice bounce there for murray too.

got some boys over, we got the ufc ppv later. going to be a fun night.

Pens played the best all around game that I’ve seen in awhile tonight. Great team effort and Murr was solid. Lots of work left to do and for the love of God would Carolina lose a damn game please!

Pens played the best all around game that I’ve seen in awhile tonight. Great team effort and Murr was solid. Lots of work left to do and for the love of God would Carolina lose a damn game please!

Actually, I myself thought this was a much better effort than I expected......the fact of the matter is they've not been reliable at producing consecutive good efforts. Of course, they were fortunate to catch Price off his game (at least early).

And beyond my broken record complaints of MM......including what I considered to be his lousy GA last night......he obviously shook it off and played damned solid the rest of the way. Would love to see him use last night.....and don't forget he played the highly unusual back-to-backer this weekend......as a jump start to another hot streak (at least until his next injury inevitably pops up).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT