ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March 2020

This PP? Let's get real here....its pathetic, we've been watching the same bs for months. Not to mention Sid is the invisible man. Do something, fire Recchi I don't care....but do something. It's inexcusable.

You know, I saw my first Pens game ever back in something like 1971; and I've been rooting for them every since.

In all those years......and after having followed all those shitty teams (with equally shitty ownership, fromt offices, and coaches) in the 70's and early 80's before Mario came to town......I truthfully can't remember a single time where the entire organization seems to be this lost.

From the top of their current food chain.....though I don't think Mario is giving too many interviews these days......on down to the local media; nobody seems to have much clue how they break out of this funk beyond the hockey-standard "simplify things" rant.

Obviously, a bad streak can come to an end in one game; unfortunately, a fair number of folks (not sure I was one of them) thought that happened last week versus the Sabres and Sens. But they hardly outplayed the Sabres, and the Sens game (to me) was little more than a shoulder-shrugger.

Meanwhile, I have no clue what unit.....or player(s).....can/will take the lead in getting the team out of these doldrums. I mean, when in the past has Sid or Geno or Letang or anyone else gone through anything this smelly as members of this organization ??

Anyway, this past weekend truthfully has me worried this streak may not be close to ending; somebody please convince me I'm over-reacting (and that this is not the case).
Where the hell are ya anyway @COOL MAN ? Ya can't come here, complain and ask if you are an over reactor and then disappear to Lansing Michigan mid day...not allowed.

This PP? Let's get real here....its pathetic, we've been watching the same bs for months. Not to mention Sid is the invisible man. Do something, fire Recchi I don't care....but do something. It's inexcusable.

the one where they controlled the puck in their zone for nearly the entire two minutes. they did everything but score and should have at least once.

then they give up a fvcking breakaway near the end.

the one where they controlled the puck in their zone for nearly the entire two minutes. they did everything but score and should have at least once.

then they give up a fvcking breakaway near the end.
They are still tentative...way to tentative imo...and then the total brain cramp. You know and I know this thing needs to change somehow....

Btw should anyone care I got a whole shitload of blue screen till mid 2nd, namely on the Schultzie marker....then they switched me to the hometown feed! My ears have stopped bleeding, and I am now calm cool and collected.

They are still tentative...way to tentative imo...and then the total brain cramp. You know and I know this thing needs to change somehow....

its been the same thing since the late 80s. its what happens when you have talented players. it isn't going to change anytime soon... do i need to tell you what my grandma says about wishing?

Reactions: torontoeers
This was far different dynamic than the Buffalo and Ottawa W's imo. One of the top 6 showed in a BIG way. The forecheck from 2nd period on was relentless, the D was above average, the bottom 6 continues to give jam (lookin at you Rod and Blue ) especially on faceoffs, and Murr shut the door when he had to with a great save when needed thrown in there....one question remains. Where is Sid? We know eventually he's gotta show right? He looks off....when he does show his face, does it move the needle to contender???

Solid effort for the most part. Rodrigues continues to impress and Tanev had a fantastic game

This is the most confident I’ve seen Dumo since his return. And that is GREAT news!

If we continue to get THAT Murr and we take care of the puck and play smart we’ll be back in business. We need to keep the momentum going and string together some wins. Next up are the BloJax and the the crybaby Torts! Eff u Torts! Let’s Go Pens!!

Solid effort for the most part. Rodrigues continues to impress and Tanev had a fantastic game

This is the most confident I’ve seen Dumo since his return. And that is GREAT news!

If we continue to get THAT Murr and we take care of the puck and play smart we’ll be back in business. We need to keep the momentum going and string together some wins. Next up are the BloJax and the the crybaby Torts! Eff u Torts! Let’s Go Pens!!
Sign me the F up to see that asshat blow his top lol.

Reactions: WVRON
One other thing I did notice tonight...which was especially glaring on behalf of the Devils.... Nasreddine doesn't have the wherewithal to recognize on TV timeouts especially as the home squad to keep his top guns out on the ice when they were already out there on TV timeouts? This imo is mastered by the good coaches, Sully is particularly good at leaving his top 1 or 2 line out there at the commercial break. They've had almost 2 minutes! Not once did I see Palmeiri/Hischier out there after the TV time out to my recollection. Instead it was Hughes/Zajac or the 3rd line....BIG error imo.

Worried about playoff seeding etc.... are we actually gonna see them this year? If they are starting to shutter the arenas to fans everywhere, how long would this virus take to infest a dressing room if one guy picks it up? Not to mention being in close contact on the bench or ice? Just spitballing, and hopefully it subsides, but would think it's at least a possibility depending how this thing rolls so to speak...

Worried about playoff seeding etc.... are we actually gonna see them this year? If they are starting to shutter the arenas to fans everywhere, how long would this virus take to infest a dressing room if one guy picks it up? Not to mention being in close contact on the bench or ice? Just spitballing, and hopefully it subsides, but would think it's at least a possibility depending how this thing rolls so to speak...

i doubt any of the players have a respiratory disease or even a weakened one.

Further to this, I understand stores North America wide are out of toilet paper? Meh who gives a 'shit' about that? I'll be ensuring I have a full stock from the liquor store....things that matter....

fear mongering media.

Further to this, I understand stores North America wide are out of toilet paper? Meh who gives a 'shit' about that? I'll be ensuring I have a full stock from the liquor store....things that matter....
I went snow boarding at winter park yesterday. When I went to take a leak some one wrote I have corona virus and i shit all over this toilet seat. It was on the wall in the stall i was in. I Guess some teenagers are having some fun with this.

Welp ....the NBA just postponed the season. We are next my friend....
I was hoping the NHL would buck the trend but this is what i expected. For the pens this may not be all that bad considering they haven't been playing well. It will be interesting how long this suspension lasts. It really hits the reset button. Teams that are struggling have time to maybe reset. Teams that are cruise control may come back to reality. There are more unknowns now.

I was hoping the NHL would buck the trend but this is what i expected. For the pens this may not be all that bad considering they haven't been playing well. It will be interesting how long this suspension lasts. It really hits the reset button. Teams that are struggling have time to maybe reset. Teams that are cruise control may come back to reality. There are more unknowns now.
And if re-started....The Pens may get Jake back for playoffs [banana]....
See @Irwineer2 ...this liberal conspiracy may work in our favour after all! :wink:

Further to your musings Colo, this is gonna throw a serious wrench into Cap considerations. I can't see the league backtracking that much on the presumed numbers however, they'd probably have the big spenders claiming a mutiny....

And if re-started....The Pens may get Jake back for playoffs [banana]....
See @Irwineer2 ...this liberal conspiracy may work in our favour after all! :wink:

Further to your musings Colo, this is gonna throw a serious wrench into Cap considerations. I can't see the league backtracking that much on the presumed numbers however, they'd probably have the big spenders claiming a mutiny....

it didn't even occur to me that this would help jake get back but I suppose so..

If you didn't hear, the Lemieux Foundation......the Penguins Foundation (which I honestly didn't know existed).......and evidently, some of the players......have formulated a plan of some type to pay PPGP Arena GAME DAY employees their wages for the remainder of the (presumably) regular season. Sounds like this applies to the 6 games which are being lost.

This isn't the only announcement of this type I've heard throughout the sports world.....pretty sure the first to go public with something like this was Mark Cuban......but I myself appreciate that the Pens are stepping up. The plan evidently doesn't apply to full-time arena employees (who aren't employed/paid by the team).

Meanwhile, how about a hockey bullshit question while there's nothing better going on; why is it we as Guins fans (and I'm one of them) insist on focusing almost SOLELY on Letang's mistakes/screw-up rather than the good things he does ??

I realize his mistakes always seem to be magnified since they're usually committed inside his own blue line.......and perhaps because they seemed to be on the clear rise the last month. But even given the reality he's clearly slowing down physically, this team still doesn't have anyone else that can remotely deliver everything he can.

Last edited:
If you didn't hear, the Lemieux Foundation......the Penguins Foundation (which I honestly didn't know existed).......and evidently, some of the players......have formulated a plan of some type to pay PPGP Arena GAME DAY employees their wages for the remainder of the (presumably) regular season. Sounds like this applies to the 6 games which are being lost.

This isn't the only announcement of this type I've heard throughout the sports world.....pretty sure the first to go public with something like this was Mark Cuban......but I myself appreciate that the Pens are stepping up. The plan evidently doesn't apply to full-time arena employees (who aren't employed/paid by the team).

Meanwhile, how about a hockey bullshit question while there's nothing better going on; why is it we as Guins fans (and I'm one of them) insist on focusing almost SOLELY on Letang's mistakes/screw-up rather than the good things he does ??

I realize his mistakes always seem to be magnified since they're usually committed inside his own blue line.......and perhaps because they seemed to be on the clear rise the last month. But even given the reality he's clearly slowing down physically, this team still doesn't have anyone else that can remotely deliver everything he can.

they won the cup without him. argument over.

Ok it’s only been a few days and I miss hockey! How do you guys see this playing out? I think over the next two weeks the number of cases will dramatically spike and then start to level off. At what point do you think the league will consider starting back up? I’m thinking it’s going to be a month at least. Question is how long can it go before they actually cancel the remainder of the season?

The good news is the longer it goes the better the chances Guentzel makes it back, assuming we can advance in the playoffs. He was injured end if a December and they said it would be 4-6 months recovery which means end of April is best case. End of June worst case.

Well this is certainly a game changer. I amend my earlier prediction that we’d have hockey in a month. Looks like it might be a couple final all @torontoeers

Ya...shit is hitting the fan for sure. Most here think it's a matter of a day or 2 till everything other than Grocers, pharma, and gas is shuttered. IMO, we arent seeing a Playoff this spring. Looking at Italy, now Spain etc is troubling. My employer is winding things down. There is very little work ...the major projects are now in need of materials that simply arent available (China). My clients downtown have essentially closed the buildings...this will be a rough go for many I am afraid. How long is the big question now I guess...

Ok it’s only been a few days and I miss hockey! How do you guys see this playing out? I think over the next two weeks the number of cases will dramatically spike and then start to level off. At what point do you think the league will consider starting back up? I’m thinking it’s going to be a month at least. Question is how long can it go before they actually cancel the remainder of the season?

The good news is the longer it goes the better the chances Guentzel makes it back, assuming we can advance in the playoffs. He was injured end if a December and they said it would be 4-6 months recovery which means end of April is best case. End of June worst case.
The NHL came out with a statement probably won't resume until sometime in may at the earliest.

Ya...shit is hitting the fan for sure. Most here think it's a matter of a day or 2 till everything other than Grocers, pharma, and gas is shuttered. IMO, we arent seeing a Playoff this spring. Looking at Italy, now Spain etc is troubling. My employer is winding things down. There is very little work ...the major projects are now in need of materials that simply arent available (China). My clients downtown have essentially closed the buildings...this will be a rough go for many I am afraid. How long is the big question now I guess...
I work in a hospital we had 3 positives over the weekend and awaiting results on 4 others. So far it hasn't swamped us but I don't think it will be long before we hit capacity.

My proposal to finish the nhl season would be to start in September when training camps are supposed to open and just finish out the season how it stands now. Then begin the playoffs in october and award the cup mid december. Take a 2 week Hiatus allow teams to make trades free agency ect ect. Start the 2021 season January 1st and play a 50 Game season start playoffs more towards the end of april 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT