ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March 2020

torontoeers

All-American
Nov 20, 2010
Port Perry Ontario
Well... how bout a change in the calendar? Never been more glad to turn a page in some time....

Ottawa on Tuesday, my Sens pals are concerned about the recent skid, and think The Pens may ruin their tank job this year....let's hope we can give them a hand down ....

Reactions: COOL MAN
Ok this looks good and I’m assuming Marleau will be on Geno’s wing and Bjugs to 4th line over Lafferty. Time to strap it on boys and get back to some blue collar hockey!!

Reactions: torontoeers
Add to Ron's Taylor Hasse tweet the news from PHN that Simon is considered week-to-week with a UBI (which I myself thought looked like a shoulder or collar bone injury when he left the ice on Saturday).

Reading between the lines, I won't expect Dumo.....even if he dresses tomorrow night.....to be even remotely close to full speed/strength when he finally gets back. Not sure how Marino will come back from his injury; and it's hard to envision Tricky Nicky.....hardly a Tasmanian Devil on the ice to begin with......to come out with all that much effectiveness whenever it is he dresses again.

Meanwhile, I get the impression some (or perhaps many) are expecting that getting back to PPGP is going to be some wondrous shot to the team's damaged psyche; of course, their last game at home.....a week ago Saturday when they got their asses drilled by the Sabres.....was the second game of this 6-game losing streak.

Whille I'm not necessarily saying I expect the streak to grow to 7 (or worse, 8) games, it won't surprise me if we don't see a legitimate effort (win or lose) from this team until Saturday afternoon when the Craps finally come to Pittsburgh,

He sure as shit is lookin that way... if you or others may or may not know, he is the third underage in the OHL after Tavares and McDavid given exceptional underage status. And the kid is on fire. Very good skater with exceptional shot release (think Matthews great), positional awareness of a young Sid... he's already hit McDavids numbers and should pass Tavares. Generational player? A bit early to tell imo. Especially since to my eyes over his career thusfar is Tavares generational? Nope....a great player but not in the wheelhouse of a McD or Sid...
He plays on the worst team in the OHL , so chances are he'll get a significant helper in the next draft. He also potted two on my Peterborough Petes last game...the Front's play in Peterborough in a few weeks and we are going to likely go and see him, hopefully he looks good in a losing effort lol....
Draft eligible in 2022...you might hope your Preds, and we might hope our Pens really suck bad that year.

Matthew Barnaby said this afternoon on NHLN Radio that the Pens are not among the true favorites to win the Cup......like BOS, TBL, WAS, STL, and LAS.....because they've largely overachieved this season. He didn't dispute they could win; just doesn't think they're among the legitimate favorites, and says the losing streak is not a factor in this assessment.

Agree or disagree ??

Matthew Barnaby said this afternoon on NHLN Radio that the Pens are not among the true favorites to win the Cup......like BOS, TBL, WAS, STL, and LAS.....because they've largely overachieved this season. He didn't dispute they could win; just doesn't think they're among the legitimate favorites, and says the losing streak is not a factor in this assessment.

Agree or disagree ??

loved the way the guy played but he is flat out wrong.

Agree or disagree ??
loved the way the guy played but he is flat out wrong.
I concur...wrong. My feel would be based on 2017, the big guns are still around now and the bottom six are kinda up in the air to my eyes at this point... ...Many counted the Pens out heading up to the playoffs then...that was indeed flat out wrong too.

Reactions: Irwineer2
I concur...wrong. My feel would be based on 2017, the big guns are still around now and the bottom six are kinda up in the air to my eyes at this point... ...Many counted the Pens out heading up to the playoffs then...that was indeed flat out wrong too.

this team is lightning quick. reminds me of 16 and 17

Ya...good way to put it lol....sometimes you can't wait to GTFO, after a few days of the grind, ok, that's enough now....

same thing can be said for the other way around as well. I'd love a little adventure every now and then. although my day job is enough of that I suppose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT