ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March 2020

Has anyone seen anything yet from Marleau which justifies his spot on the #2 line ?? Seems like a pretty good guy, and he's said nothing but the right things since arriving in town......but he sure hasn't shown me much thus far. .

Reactions: torontoeers
Has anyone seen anything yet from Marleau which justifies his spot on the #2 line ?? Seems like a pretty good guy, and he's said nothing but the right things since arriving in town......but he sure hasn't shown me much thus far. .

I keep trying to figure out when he's even out there. the 12 jersey throws me off and I just think its simon. so...

I keep trying to figure out when he's even out there. the 12 jersey throws me off and I just think its simon. so...
Pretty good guys finish last, and good point on the #12.... I guess my deadline day tirade about the acquisition can stand...for now....

Reactions: Irwineer2
Certainly not a great 60 minutes......but just like golf; it's not how, it's how MANY. Take the 2 points and get outta town.......meanwhile Craps and Rangers are 4-4 with 5:00 left, with the NYR getting ready for a late PP.

8 ties it 5-5 with 42.9 to play......Craps have come from behind 4 times to tie.

And Zibanejad scores his 5th to win it in OT

Teams BETTER than the Blojax based on actual win/loss records? Rangers, Canes, Panthers....oh but you do LOVE rewarding your points for OT, shootout losses and overall kitty bar the door lacklustre play don't ya owners and Napoleon. F this SHIT!

Just an aside on a night off......our old buddy Yuk is playing (relatively speaking) decent for the Wild.

He's 2/3/5/+1 in 12 games with a shootout game winner. That equates to 34 points over a full season; obviously, pretty meh for a $4.9 million/season player, unless you compare it to his 5/12/17/-7 in 45 games with the Guins (which equates to a whopping 31 points over that same full season).

Seems to me he'll have to take something on the order of a 2/3 haircut if he insists on playing in the NHL next season. I presume he can do better than that in Europe or, more likely, the KHL (if it's still in business next year)..

Speaking of our old buddies, Phat is 14/22/36/-21 in 68 games for the Yotes; equates to 43 points over the entire season. Still has that $6.8 million cap hit (not including the $1.2 million still on the books in Toronto) the next two full seasons, though his salary/bonuses drop to $6.0 million each season.

Pretty sure he's long gone from the top line in Glendale.....and since I admittedly don't follow the Yotes that closely, it's possible he's down to the 3rd line. He's certainly not playing ahead of that little pisshand Conor Garland, and perhaps even Michael Grabner is playing ahead of him in some cases.

Good thing for Phat is he pretty much doesn't give a shit about anything.

I never turned on NHLN Radio yesterday, so I have no idea how (or if) this was addressed.....but if you haven't heard, Matt Barnaby was arrested in Nashville early Thursday morning for assault and public intoxication. From what I can tell, this is hardly the first time his drinking has gotten him into trouble.

Supposedly more of the story is yet to be told......and Barnaby has tweeted that when the "truth" comes out, he'll be exonerated......but it's hard not to wonder if this episode will finally signal his end of being part of the hockey media.

I never turned on NHLN Radio yesterday, so I have no idea how (or if) this was addressed.....but if you haven't heard, Matt Barnaby was arrested in Nashville early Thursday morning for assault and public intoxication. From what I can tell, this is hardly the first time his drinking has gotten him into trouble.

Supposedly more of the story is yet to be told......and Barnaby has tweeted that when the "truth" comes out, he'll be exonerated......but it's hard not to wonder if this episode will finally signal his end of being part of the hockey media.
Check out the mug shot! :confused:
https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/05/matthew-barnaby-nhl-arrest-bouncer-choke-nashville-bar/

Reactions: COOL MAN
Worst defensive period of the season.......not sure they could have picked a worse day to do it. Plus they essentially didn't do shit on that 5 on 3 other than pass it around the perimeter.

At least we can celebrate a rousing Mountaineers home win versus Baylor this afternoon.....hoping today is an indicator they've got it back firmly on the tracks for the rest of this season. Meanwhile, it'll be interesting to see how today's shitty effort affects the Guins the rest of this month, including tomorrow against the Jerks.

I'm not expecting much of a 'spring forward' tomorrow from the lads....today...seeing as it's another afternoon game and we've all lost an hour....and I haven't gone to bed yet. [cheers]:eek:

Reactions: COOL MAN
Canes playing a kid in his 6th game in goal.......and the Pens have a whopping 2 shots in the first 8:00.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT