ADVERTISEMENT

Pens March 2020

Lol....he was our nemesis no doubt....at least we helped train one of em (Matthew) up here in London

I remember him getting real rough in the 96 world cup.

then there's always david backes and his "fists across canada" campaign 10 years or so ago.

Where the hell is @COOL MAN tonight anyway? Road trip to Lansing Michigan? Toledo Ohio? Paducah Kentucky?????

Back in Detroit for the second time in 3 weeks......been busy tonight, and didn't have a chance to tune-in to Lange and 2-9er until it was 3-1 (and I caught the 4th goal).

I see the Sens have gotten it back to down 2.......and now Rusty scores his 2nd of the night (2-9er just said the Sens were out to lunch defensively). Meanwhile, what's the verdict on Murray thus far.......and also Dumo and Marino ??

Reactions: Irwineer2
Oh believe me so do I....this 'fists across Canada' what was that? Lol....obviously ineffective? :smiley:

he fought a bunch of guys that played for team canada in the nhl in the weeks leading up to the olympics. I think toews was involved, but can't remember anyone else specifically. and yes obviously ineffective.

wasn't nearly as effective as hitting wayne gretzky. [winking]

Reactions: torontoeers
Back in Detroit for the second time in 3 weeks......been busy tonight, and didn't have a chance to tune-in to Lange and 2-9er until it was 3-1 (and I caught the 4th goal).

I see the Sens have gotten it back to down 2.......and now Rusty scores his 2nd of the night (2-9er just said the Sens were out to lunch defensively). Meanwhile, what's the verdict on Murray thus far.......and also Dumo and Marino ??
Murray solid, exception the 3rd one. It was weak. Dumo and Marino have made a BIG difference tonight...the flow of the play is what we are used to...our system now WORKS again...what would that ticket for Wings vs Av's cost ya last night if there walking up? Probably bout 15-20 bucks for a half decent seat....

Reactions: COOL MAN
Glad to see Sheary get off the snide tonight......did Marleau get any decent looks ??
Nope. All good as long as the big guys showed which they did in spades...Hattie for Rusty, 3 points Sid, 4 points Geno, and Zucker making an appearance....we will certainly need Marleau to show with some tertiary scoring down the stretch here though imo....

Some interesting TOI stats, courtesy ESPN:
  • Letang 24:43
  • Marino 20:55
  • Dumoulin 19:52
  • Pettersson 19:44
  • Schultzie 19:16
  • Johnson 10:01
Not a bad effort for Dumo (especially) and Marino on night #1......and was Marino paired with Schultzie or Pettersson ??

He did 'enough' tonight, so no more mixed messages Sully....we have to pick a starter at this point...If the choice is Jars I am ok with it, but something tells me it's Murr, I'm good with that too obviously...let's get one of them in a groove and leave the other hungry to get in....

Reactions: COOL MAN
Not a bad effort for Dumo (especially) and Marino on night #1......and was Marino paired with Schultzie or Pettersson ??

Here is what was the pens issue the last 6 games before tonight injuries finally caught up.

I honestly didn't track that aspect and should have....

Enjoy the AT&T crew guys...I got the Buffalo MSG one and Matthew Biron. This moron hurts my ears...damnit.

What I myself don't understand is why Center Ice is showing the game on TWO channels......but BOTH are the Sabres feed. I also wish they could have found SOMEBODY in Western NY who actually had a voice tonight.

What I myself don't understand is why Center Ice is showing the game on TWO channels......but BOTH are the Sabres feed. I also wish they could have found SOMEBODY in Western NY who actually had a voice tonight.
Geez God bless him...but Jeanneret sounds terrible....'launched himself' they say? Geez that's a bit rich.

Bjugstad absolutely did NOT launch himself into the goaltender......bullshit call by the guywith no voice (is that Rick Jenneret)

Meanwhile, I like those Sabres whites.....
I like their colour combo period (obviously), and stripe combo... but ya this real old gold combo is nice. Certainly better than that inexplicable decision they made in the Hasek years to go with the Black and Red....what the hell were they thinking back then? As I remember they went to a Cup in those awful jerseys....

I like their colour combo period (obviously), and stripe combo... but ya this real old gold combo is nice. Certainly better than that inexplicable decision they made in the Hasek years to go with the Black and Red....what the hell were they thinking back then? As I remember they went to a Cup in those awful jerseys....

and they lost that cup on a goal that was illegal according to rules at the time. all the wanna be canadians (buffalo fans) were freaking out.

Just looked it up; Sabres wore that combination from 2000-2006 after making the jump from the Aud to the new arena.

Lotta odd men for the Sabres this period......looks like the Guins are taking some time off. Fortunately, Murray is sharp thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT