ADVERTISEMENT

Pens -- FEB 2017

Granted, the Canucks defense was lost on the play; but Geno's assist on the Kessel goal was pretty sweet.

Meanwhile, here comes that back-to-backer I talked about a month or so ago; Winnipeg at home on Thursday and at Columbus on Friday. Will be interested to see to what extent the Jets bring the weight and lumber to town; though it's admittedly not as easy to play that game on the road.

But we know how the Blow Jackets will play on Friday. At least they're not playing all that well (under .500 since the streak breaker). More importantly, their PP has totally flamed out......which is important, because it's inevitable we're going to see a couple retaliation calls against the Pens (especially since Dubinsky and Jenner so effectively played their heavy/cheap game in the last one). It wouldn't break my heart if they called up Sestito for the game; for visual effect, if nothing else.

They're also going to need a huge game from Geno (and Murray) in Columbus to offset their lost speed.......

Reactions: torontoeers
Laine decievingly quick...not sure why Sully was complaining so vividly, it was a penalty imo. Flower lookin pretty darn sharp thus far, Daley had a great kill on that 4 on 3 imo too. Jets starting to finally bring that physical element we expect...let's get another here before end of 1...

And that was a bit high on Rowney by Trouba...not agregious but definitely high...nice to see big 16 in there right away! Things are getting REAL chippy....

And after I brag on Fleury he gives up a very soft goal on a wraparound.

All I can say is WHAT A FLIPPIN' GAME!
Was that something or what Euell!?! I mentioned to the lovely wife THIS game would be one I would want to see live lol...and somehow I knew when Tanger had that puck on his stick with 30 seconds left I said 'GO NOW!' And whamo! Who do I want on the ice in the dying minutes? THOSE THREE! YES!
Huge kudos to Flower for hangin in!

Reactions: Euell
Was that something or what Euell!?! I mentioned to the lovely wife THIS game would be one I would want to see live lol...and somehow I knew when Tanger had that puck on his stick with 30 seconds left I said 'GO NOW!' And whamo! Who do I want on the ice in the dying minutes? THOSE THREE! YES!
And STILL undefeated when leading after two!

Reactions: torontoeers
Maata out for six weeks after undergoing hand surgery after injury sustained last night on late hit. It doesn't appear like Schultz will be in the lineup tonight either. I still cannot fathom why there was no boarding penalty on the hit to Schultzie.

Maata out for six weeks after undergoing hand surgery after injury sustained last night on late hit. It doesn't appear like Schultz will be in the lineup tonight either. I still cannot fathom why there was no boarding penalty on the hit to Schultzie.
Me either...him and his whopping +31 (last i looked ) will be missed if he's out, Along with Olli! Playing another 'heavy' team back to back sure isn't ideal...which Pens will the Jenner/Dubinsky goon squad target tonight? I'd bet the farm they're all over Tanger tonight! Weather the storm Kris and make it outta there in one piece...I have a funny feeling I'll be yelling at the TV tonight lol...Anyway, enough of my whining, get a couple points and stick it to em lads!!!

ADVERTISEMENT