ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2016

Safe and happy holiday season to all of you Pens/EERS nuts on this here board, from the North! Hopefully all get a few days to relax, eat, have a beverage or 2 if that is your persuasion, and of course share some laughs with family and friends...take care all.

Reactions: Euell and COOL MAN
Just read that the Pens two 2nd round picks from the 2016 Draft will be playing for Sweden in the WJIC; goaltender Filip Gustavsson and forward Kasper Bjorkqvist. I don't know this for a fact, but I'm sort of getting the impression Gustavsson may be their lead in goal.

Reactions: torontoeers
Well let's see; Malkin giveaway in his own zone on one of his well known "anyone feel like playing this" kind of clearing passes.....after which he goes for a skate in his own zone giving Taylor Hall a clear lane to close on the Pens' cage.....leaving Flower hung out to dry (while Ruhlwedel makes like a statue).

Happily, Geno pays it back on the PP......but he owes us at least a second after that miserable giveaway.

Devils PPG on a lucky carom after a broken stick.......Devils 2-1.

Just read that the Pens two 2nd round picks from the 2016 Draft will be playing for Sweden in the WJIC; goaltender Filip Gustavsson and forward Kasper Bjorkqvist. I don't know this for a fact, but I'm sort of getting the impression Gustavsson may be their lead in goal.

Correction: Kasper Bjorkqvist is playing for FINLAND, not Sweden.......and he scored a goal in their 3-2 loss to Denmark; a loss I doubt the Finns are too pleased with.

Sheary turns Henrique (stuck defending) inside out heading to the goal; after a soft shot, directs his rebound to Crosby who's flying down the slot and buries it behind Schneider......Pens tie it up 2-2.

Reactions: Euell
Pens get several good looks on back-to-back PP's late in the 2nd but can't cash-in......still 2-2 with less than a minute left in the period.

Schultzie buries a wrister with 5.4 seconds left as Kenny Daneyko in the Devils booth moans about interference on Malkin (which helped JS find open ice in the Devils zone). Probably COULD have been called, but the no-call wasn't at all bad.

3-2 Pens after 40 minutes.....

Reactions: torontoeers
You fellas had some great times with family/friends over the last few days btw? Been busy times here with my doggo in surgery and key words this eve are recovering nicely. I'll send ya both a couple pics of the big lug on Christmas day...yeah yeah...mom and dad are a bunch of doggie nut balls lol.

Reactions: COOL MAN
You fellas had some great times with family/friends over the last few days btw? Been busy times here with my doggo in surgery and key words this eve are recovering nicely. I'll send ya both a couple pics of the big lug on Christmas day...yeah yeah...mom and dad are a bunch of doggie nut balls lol.
I am so glad the boy is doing well and enjoying this Penguins showcase of talent.

Changing the subject for just a moment.......speaking earlier of the goal Pens prospect Kasper Bjorkqvist scored in a losing effort for Finland, I see they outshot Denmark 36-10 and still lost 3-2.

Meanwhile, that does NOT look good for Dumoulin.

Last edited:
Pens running out of D......glad they have a 2 goal lead for this double minor.

Reactions: Euell
I really don't think Rusty was shootingnon that empty netter; looked to me more like a simple clearing flip which happened to be directed toward the goal. But I'll take it.......

Before Sullivan arrived, I was extremely critical of Crosby's play in 2015. mostly I was critical of what I perceived to be lack of effort especially on the offensive end. He was glued to the half wall on the PP. He was rarely driving to the goal. In fact I clearly remember questioning his manhood by saying that it appeared that he was avoiding contact by staying out of the crease area.

I dare say now that he just isn't the best scoring forward in the world, he might be the best two-way forward. The guy is omnipresent. He is the Sid before the concussion, only better in his own end. He drove the net last night and was rewarded with a goal. He is scoring greasy goals again. He is hanging around the crease. No more silly backhanded cross ice passes at the blue line. He is responsible all over the ice. It is almost as though he has this incredible desire for another cup run.

This was a particularly good road win tonight fellas...imo....with the lack of D depth (as you mentioned CM) and on the road no matter who it is ...well done Pens! Woo hoo!!

Sure didn't look good for Dumoulin last night. Might not see him for a few months. That 4 minute PK last night with 3 of 4 defensemen from WBS (counting Pouliot) was a thing of beauty

ADVERTISEMENT