ADVERTISEMENT

Pens - - DEC 2016

I suppose this week long hiatus (is the circus in town or something?) is a good opportunity to rest some of the more tired bones in getting through the meat of the schedule but.... it also gives the BJ'S an opportunity to continue pulling away. They have played 2 fewer games than the Pens as of today...I really think it's gonna be imperative coming out of this break the Pens have some serious jump in their game otherwise...it is bloody difficult in this current points structure (which for the record drives me apoplectic) to make up ground!

I suppose one good thing about it is I can concentrate on the WJHC and hopefully a final of USA/Canada...I was not overly impressed with the Canada effort vs Czechs and conversely have been pretty darned impressed with the American efforts thus far. I can see NO weaknesses on the USA team, whereas Canada seems to have the usual solid D (Ottawa draft Chabot looks really adept at skating and puck handling for example), forwards seem adequate at best (where the hell is Strome), and goaltending looks quite weak imo. I have a funny feeling that after this afternoon/ tonight it will be the Swedes taking on USA in the final, as I see very little weakness in their game too. The Russians are capable as always of attacking in waves but I see way too many holes on the backend to compete vs this American squad....good luck gentlemen.

Speaking of the WJC, I guess I was incorrect......if not downright FOS......that Pens prospect Filip Gustavsson was #1 on the food chain in the Sweden goal.

Speaking of the WJC, I guess I was incorrect......if not downright FOS......that Pens prospect Filip Gustavsson was #1 on the food chain in the Sweden goal.
Lol...it's all good. The fella who was in tonight did look pretty good...and I figured Ingram was the wrong choice for the Canadian net, as the first 2 Swede goals on 3 shots would attest. Thankfully the hook was quick! Hart saved them down the stretch.
Have you noticed how many prospects the Sens have in this tourney? Must be close to a half dozen....led by US White, Can Chabot, and Swe Dhalen? I guess that's what being crap for years will do for you. More evidence of which with the Leaves Woll, Bracco (a beast with those blasted Kitchener Rangers) from US and Gunnarsson from Sweden...

No secret I absolutely LOVE this hockey! Sure there are plenty of mistakes, which keeps it interesting, but it is fast, skilled, and rough! The centre's actually skate to get back in the play!

Canada will be in right tough vs that White, Keller, Anderson line! Hoping we get some more firewagon hockey tomorrow, and hopefully you are able to get the game gents!
Oh also not sure if you know but next year is in Buffalo again and features an outdoor game at the Bills Stadium between US/CAN in the round robin on Dec 29. I am hopeful it can generate a good crowd from both sides!

Good luck tomorrow....this one should be good :boxing:

Well....:joy:....Congrats Team USA on winning one helluva hockey game! I'll hop on my soapbox again however and ask...what in the hell is the point in watching 2 amazing teams decide it in shootout fashion? Did we all have somewhere to go? Grrrrr! I could have easily withstood another period or two of entertainment no matter who won!

I totally missed the Final; which kind of PO's me because I was home last night and perfectly capable of watching it. Too bad I wasn't on the road, because my hotels (this week, MON-WED) had NHLN. I caught a little of Washington's ass-kicking of Columbus......will be interesting to see if they go, say, 2-6-2 -in their next ten games. Just glad to see Jenner, Dubinsky, and Torts are kept barred from the record sheet.

Regardless, that must have been one was among better WJC Finals in recent memory, particularly in light of the fact it didn't sound (from the radio accounts) like an especially compelling tournament overall. I heard a fair amount about the problems Toronto and Montreal had in selling tix; though I believe I heard the US and Canada sold out the Bell Centre last night.

It does, however, sound as though Ottawa has a fair number of reinforcements coming in their pipeline.....if they can only get Melnyk to pay these guys after they're established 5 years from now (though maybe he's dead by time they're all in the League. I also get the impression Arizona was fairly well represented. And of course, the best goaltender in the tournament apparently was the Russian......who's obviously headed to Washington.

Finally, I think I was aware the event next year is going to be in Buffalo; because, if I'm not mistaken, Pittsburgh lost that competition last summer. Do you know how the WJC placement works; I mean, do they rotate the site regularly between Canada, the US, Europe, and Russia ??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT