ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Texas to B1G when GOR ends

Duh But I am not paying for over 100 channels I don't want. The packages vary from a base of 40 to additional packages that vary between 1 and 10 channels. More than delivery has change. There is more freedom than there use to be and there will be more in the future.

Not paying for 100 channels you don't want doesn't really have anything to do with the whole "regional" issue the other poster was discussing.

Aside from that, you still don't have pure a la carte, which is the real issue here. These alternatives to cable/satellite haven't fundamentally changed the way channels are offered. They have their channels split up into some basic packages, progressively offering more content, and then have some side packages that can also be purchased. It's more diverse than cable/satellite, but not close to a la carte.

Not paying for 100 channels you don't want doesn't really have anything to do with the whole "regional" issue the other poster was discussing.

Aside from that, you still don't have pure a la carte, which is the real issue here. These alternatives to cable/satellite haven't fundamentally changed the way channels are offered. They have their channels split up into some basic packages, progressively offering more content, and then have some side packages that can also be purchased. It's more diverse than cable/satellite, but not close to a la carte.
Except getting a regional package does.

But mine does. You like to move the goal post so you can argue your point.

I'm not moving the goal post at all. The original discussion was about a package the other poster referenced, which wasn't an example of the argument he was making. That's what I pointed out.

The package you are pointing out also isn't an example either. What has to be determined is if the package you purchased is only available in your area, or if the same package is available to all customers. If it's available to all customers, then it isn't regional.

Topdeck sounds like an expert..

So I need some LFL network for my package.
Like watching them on my package.

Spectrum has a streaming package that provides the local channels, then the customer selects 10 cable channels of their choosing.

Send me your resume and I will stop it around. Christmas is almost here and I dont want you broke and hungry during the holidays.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Spectrum has a streaming package that provides the local channels, then the customer selects 10 cable channels of their choosing.

Send me your resume and I will stop it around. Christmas is almost here and I dont want you broke and hungry during the holidays.
Oh but in his eyes that is not a pure a la carte since you get a bundle of channels. I am very happy getting a third less channels for a third of the cost by not going the traditional route.

It is no accident that I targeted this area when I graduated from WVU. The weakness of the engineering program at Clemson and UT made getting a job down here easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT