ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Texas to B1G when GOR ends

PittPanthers90

Freshman
Oct 30, 2003
Don't shoot the messenger here

This is from an OU site.

If this happens we all know the Big XII then equals the AAC.

Looks like the countdown to 4 super conferences is on its way.
Before you go all wishful thinking that the ACC will implode, we have a GOR until 2035-2036 when we agreed to partner with E$PN on the ACC network. No one is bolting.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...year-rights-deal-lead-2019-launch-acc-network

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
It is fan fiction

Everyone knows the B1G wants Texas.
Nothing new here.
But does Texas want the B1G.

There are some leaps of logic here that proves that Texas is not interested.
Including the idea that ESPN will op out of the LHN.
They are paying 15 mil a year to make sure Texas lands where they want if the Big XII falls apart

Bullshit. UT will go nowhere without Texas Tech and OU goes nowhere without OSU. Unless UT and OU can GUARANTEE a P5 spot elsewhere for those 2 teams, you’re huffing paint.

That being said, the SEC would have every excuse to poach and would take WVU and or whoever they feel like from the ACC. GOR be damned.

This is more than about football.

The B1G wants certain research done at the University of Texas that has allowed Austin to become a tech hub.

It is pretty much Silicon Valley Jr or Silicon Hills.
Michigan and Ann Arbor needs Texas to stimulate the growth of their economy.

Like I said the desire for UT is not anything new.

Bullshit. UT will go nowhere without Texas Tech and OU goes nowhere without OSU. Unless UT and OU can GUARANTEE a P5 spot elsewhere for those 2 teams, you’re huffing paint.

That being said, the SEC would have every excuse to poach and would take WVU and or whoever they feel like from the ACC. GOR be damned.

GOR makes it so that teams that move get NO money. Until a school takes the GOR provision to court to have it ruled illegal no school will leave a conference while under a GOR.

As such your GOR be damned is 1000% pure fan fiction.

BTW: I always get a kick out of people like you ....SteelEER...a combination of Steelers and Mountaineers.

You will rag on Pitt, but glom unto all other Pittsburgh sports just like the cultists in Happy Valley. If your areas are so much greater you would have no need to glom onto Pittsburgh Sports :)

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
The Big XII owns the GOR...

In the ACC it is different. The media provider may own the GOR not the conference.
Meaning that NC State can be pushed into the SEC because ESPN owns the majority of the ACC and SEC networks.

GOR makes it so that teams that move get NO money. Until a school takes the GOR provision to court to have it ruled illegal no school will leave a conference while under a GOR.

As such your GOR be damned is 1000% pure fan fiction.

BTW: I always get a kick out of people like you ....SteelEER...a combination of Steelers and Mountaineers.

You will rag on Pitt, but glom unto all other Pittsburgh sports just like the cultists in Happy Valley. If your areas are so much greater you would have no need to glom onto Pittsburgh Sports :)

So you don’t think that the SEC could fight the GOR? Really?!? The SEC could shake the ACC down whenever they wanted, fight it out in court and come up with a settlement. Welcome to the legal system sunshine. Do you really think any court of law would allow a conference to withhold a universities money for eight years? No.

Pitt sucks something awful.

I like the city of Pittsburgh. I love the Steelers. sPitt is a half assed wannabe program that has to rent a real stadium to play their piss poor rendition of football in that pisspoor conference of the ACC.

Jack Fleming was the greatest announcer ever for WVU and the Steelers. It’s called being mature enough to compartmentalize. He did it and I do it too.

Last edited:
This is more than about football.

The B1G wants certain research done at the University of Texas that has allowed Austin to become a tech hub.

It is pretty much Silicon Valley Jr or Silicon Hills.
Michigan and Ann Arbor needs Texas to stimulate the growth of their economy.

Like I said the desire for UT is not anything new.

I’m sure it’s not. The politics that completely make that a pipe dream are equally not new.

So you don’t think that the SEC could fight the GOR? Really?!? The SEC could shake the ACC down whenever they wanted, fight it out in court and come up with a settlement. Welcome to the legal system sunshine. Do you really think any court of law would allow conference to withhold a universities money for eight years? No.

I like the city of Pittsburgh. I love the Steelers. sPitt is a half assed wannabe program that has to rent a real stadium to play their piss poor rendition of football in that pisspoor conference of the ACC.

Jack Fleming was the greatest announcer ever for WVU and the Steelers. It’s called being mature enough to compartmentalize. He did it and I do it too.

I
You are getting a head of yourself
The ACC reached out to Raycom who was bought out by ESPN.
Since ESPN owns the ACC network this prevents NC State from jumping.

Only way NC State jumps is if the ACC network is a failure.
Therefore the Big XII/ACC and ESPN will come to an agreement.

Certain schools like BC, Wake and others will be tossed aside.

WVU is in a great power 5 conference now and will be on the next round as well. The medical $ is booming in Morgantown, WV and WVU is growing, booming with increased $ and power. Morgantown, WV area is booming and growing. WVU will be in a big dog conference just like they already are. WVU is better than Pitt in football, basketball and most other sports too. We will be wanted. We play good football and good basketball and have a big, loyal fanbase.

Therefore the BiG XII/ACC and ESPN will come to an agreement.

You expect the ACC Network to succeed? The football is awful. The basketball is barely watchable beyond 2-3 teams. I don’t think women’s lacrosse is going to get it done.

Reactions: 94wvu and Bulya
So you don’t think that the SEC could fight the GOR? Really?!? The SEC could shake the ACC down whenever they wanted, fight it out in court and come up with a settlement. Welcome to the legal system sunshine. Do you really think any court of law would allow conference to withhold a universities money for eight years? No.

I

I don't think the SEC has the stomach to endure the long court fight to overturn a GOR. And the SEC could only file as friend of since the injured party would be the school requesting that the GOR be terminated.

The last time the SEC grabbed teams they made sure that the teams were under no restrictions as they didn't want the SEC name dragged through the mud.

So I don't think the SEC would get involved. The SEC would in a OU and Texas move to B1G grab OSU and Texas Tech.
And wait for it..about to say something nice about the state of WV. The SEC if you have noticed has only let in school from the slaver states, WV honorably was NOT a slaver state. So WVU has no chance of SEC admittance.

You expect the ACC Network to succeed? The football is awful. The basketball is barely watchable beyond 2-3 teams. I don’t think women’s lacrosse is going to get it done.

Truthfully I am not 100% sure.
But I see what their plan is though.
Basketball doesn't bring people to the table but difference is football is played 12 weeks a year. There are 30+ basketball games.

Dumbest thing I have ever read on here.

Oakland and spitt are dumpster fires.

What does that have to do with being a Pirates, Steelers and Pens fans.
I love the city of Pittsburgh. Thank god spitt isn't in the heart of the city dragging it down.

Reactions: Bulya
I don't think the SEC has the stomach to endure the long court fight to overturn a GOR. And the SEC could only file as friend of since the injured party would be the school requesting that the GOR be terminated.

The last time the SEC grabbed teams they made sure that the teams were under no restrictions as they didn't want the SEC name dragged through the mud.

So I don't think the SEC would get involved. The SEC would in a OU and Texas move to B1G grab OSU and Texas Tech.
And wait for it..about to say something nice about the state of WV. The SEC if you have noticed has only let in school from the slaver states, WV honorably was NOT a slaver state. So WVU has no chance of SEC admittance.

Wow racist and dumb. Congrats. I thought uder was the only one who can pull that off. So essentially you’re saying that all the SEC programs are racists that will only share their sandbox with other racist schools.

Neat.

So you think that the SEC will want a team in west friggin Texas when they already have a Texas team (remember they don’t do 2 teams from one state). That same program has been completely irrelevant for...forever. Sounds like a great candidate to me!

Doesn't matter the GOR is independent of that and is enforceable through 2035-2036

Are you sure about that.
I have never read the GOR for the ACC but I have been told by a few smart people around Florida St that there is an escape clause because Raycom in 2010 was included.
Raycom being the provider of a network so no network no GOR

Doesn't matter the GOR is independent of that and is enforceable through 2035-2036

Ummm... unless it fails miserably and teams start leaving left and right which would render the GOR void because there wouldn’t be enough teams left over to enforce it.

Again, even if that didn’t happen, the only reason why the GOR has not been contested is that no one wants theirs contested. Do you really think the SEC is worrying about someone leaving the SEC? Really???

If the time is right, the SEC is not going to let 50-60 million get in the way of a $1 billion decision.

What I think will happen in the end is that ACC will be pillaged by the big 10 and SEC. Duke and UNC will go to the big 10. The SEC would take NC State and Clemson and maybe VT as well as WVU.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas would all go joining in with the PAC 12

Kansas would be interesting. They would help the SEC’s academics, but they seem more like a big 10 school.

Frankly, I think everybody else will be scrambling. Hard.

Ummm... unless it fails miserably and teams start leaving left and right which would render the GOR void because there wouldn’t be enough teams left over to enforce it.

Again, even if that didn’t happen, the only reason why the GOR has not been contested is that no one wants theirs contested. Do you really think the SEC is worrying about someone leaving the SEC? Really???

If the time is right, the SEC is not going to let 50-60 million get in the way of a $1 billion decision.

Your not getting it....
The SEC is powerless without ESPN.
Reason why WV was not included was ESPN.
Reason why the SEC did not move into N Carolina was because of ESPN.

So..the ACC doesn't fall a part unless ESPN can maintain control of the important universities.
No one is going to challenge the GOR to move to the B1G.

Your not getting it....
The SEC is powerless without ESPN.
Reason why WV was not included was ESPN.
Reason why the SEC did not move into N Carolina was because of ESPN.

So..the ACC doesn't fall a part unless ESPN can maintain control of the important universities.
No one is going to challenge the GOR to move to the B1G.

ESPN is not the monolith they were 10 years ago. They will be even weaker 4 years from now.

What I think will happen in the end is that ACC will be pillaged by the big 10 and SEC. Duke and UNC will go to the big 10. The SEC would take NC State and Clemson and maybe VT as well as WVU.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Texas would all go joining in with the PAC 12

Kansas would be interesting. They would help the SEC’s academics, but they seem more like a big 10 school.

Frankly, I think everybody else will be scrambling. Hard.

UVA and UNC are a package deal
UVA and VA Tech are a package deal because of what Va Tech did by pushing in the ACC
Clemson wants to be like UVA and UNC so they will go with the bigger ACC schools.

ESPN is not the monolith they were 10 years ago. They will be even weaker 4 years from now.

So therefore the SEC is weaker.
Unless the SEC abandons their network they have to deal with ESPN.

Greg Sankey today said the SEC is not worried about expansion.
The SEC like the Big XII is waiting on the ACC.
The B1G and FOX will probably be outmaneuvered unless they can raid the Pac 12.
Doubt Stanford budges.
B1G has nothing that Stanford wants.

Wow racist and dumb. Congrats. I thought uder was the only one who can pull that off. So essentially you’re saying that all the SEC programs are racists that will only share their sandbox with other racist schools.

Neat.

So you think that the SEC will want a team in west friggin Texas when they already have a Texas team (remember they don’t do 2 teams from one state). That same program has been completely irrelevant for...forever. Sounds like a great candidate to me!

I think a vast majority of SEC fans ARE racists and the schools pander to them.

Also 2 teams in Tenn, Mississippi, and Alabama already for your no 2 teams in one state issue lol

Reactions: leapinglannypoffo
UVA and UNC are a package deal
UVA and VA Tech are a package deal because of what Va Tech did by pushing in the ACC
Clemson wants to be like UVA and UNC so they will go with the bigger ACC schools.

UVA would love to think that. Duke would be UNCs “plus one”...and it wouldn’t be close.

UVA didn’t save VT voluntarily. They were forced by the state of Virginia politicians. Everybody knows that. UVA has always looked at Virginia tech the same way as WVU. UVA will be helpless when this goes down.

Clemson would fit in the B10 like a fat guy in a speedo. Having USC and Clemson in the same conference would be interesting for the SEC, but for a program like Clemson they would make it work.

I think a vast majority of SEC fans ARE racists and the schools pander to them.

Also 2 teams in Tenn, Mississippi, and Alabama already for your no 2 teams in one state issue lol

The original legacy teams are exceptions....are you new to this?

Doubling down on the racism...great choice.

UVA would love to think that. Duke would be UNCs “plus one”...and it wouldn’t be close.

UVA didn’t save VT voluntarily. They were forced by the state of Virginia politicians. Everybody knows that. UVA has always looked at Virginia tech the same way as WVU. UVA will be helpless when this goes down.

Clemson would fit in the B10 like a fat guy in a speedo. Having USC and Clemson in the same conference would be interesting for the SEC, but for a program like Clemson they would make it work.

The linchpin is UNC...
ESPN won't allow the ACC to fall a part without maintaining the school's third tier rights.
They are in a similar position as Texas. They look down at the SEC and want to stay in power.
That is why they are a perfect marriage because one values football and the other basketball.

UVA and Va Tech still have the same law on the books that pushed Va Tech in the ACC.
UVA really looks down on the SEC. So ultimately Va Tech's move will hurt them by preventing them from going to the SEC with NC State.

Last edited:
The lynchpin is UNC...
ESPN won't allow the ACC to fall a part without maintaining the school's third tier rights.
They are in a similar position as Texas. They look down at the SEC and want to stay in power.
That is why they are a perfect marriage because one values football and the other basketball.

UVA and Va Tech still have the same law on the books that pushed Va Tech in the ACC.
UVA really looks down on the SEC. So ultimately Va Tech's move will hurt them by preventing them from going to the SEC with NC State.

I think the next big move will coincide with players getting paid and/or sharing profits. I think teams like Vandy and Wake and UVA will voluntarily give up CFB at a CFP level rather than take on those expenses.

This is from an OU site.

Before you go all wishful thinking that the ACC will implode, we have a GOR until 2035-2036 when we agreed to partner with E$PN on the ACC network. No one is bolting.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...year-rights-deal-lead-2019-launch-acc-network

That's nice and all but what does Big 10 and Big 12 have to do with ACC network?

Nothing worse than a Pitt troll. I think we all know who this really is.

I think the next big move will coincide with players getting paid and/or sharing profits. I think teams like Vandy and Wake and UVA will voluntarily give up CFB at a CFP level rather than take on those expenses.

This topic has already been debunked..

Like I said the head of the SEC pretty much laughed this off.
The guy's twitter where this came from doesn't seem like a Minnesota insider let alone a Big XII insider

This is from an OU site.

Gee, this claim is so stale that even the EPA banned it long ago. The Big 12 has it right. 10 teams. Everyone plays everyone. No one gets the crown by who they do NOT play. Big 10, ACC, Pac-12 get teams in their title games that are an embarrassment. One team usually isn't even among the top 4 teams in the conference, let alone the nation. Find any tired misfit to toss into the shitpot, why don't you?

Last edited:

This is from an OU site.

Sad 90 but thanks for intel

LOL at your insecurities. No one is leaving ACC no matter how much it pains you.

Reactions: ClkwrkOrange
So you don’t think that the SEC could fight the GOR? Really?!? The SEC could shake the ACC down whenever they wanted, fight it out in court and come up with a settlement. Welcome to the legal system sunshine. Do you really think any court of law would allow a conference to withhold a universities money for eight years? No.

LOL at the I hate Pitt geeks.

This is where the rumor started.

Some guy on twitter who has zero connections to Texas or Oklahoma.

Some of his reasoning his correct but some of his reasoning his wrong.

Fan fiction

Therefore the Big XII/ACC and ESPN will come to an agreement.

Always wrong geek. The Big12 has always been the farm system for Expansion.

"Main Targets"

The B1G is upset about being left out.

The B1G the last few days have been attempting to rectify the situation.

He is missing two to three points.
This is how I know this is coming from the outside.

Texas already knows the B1G wants them

This will never happen so you’re wasting posting time goofball

ADVERTISEMENT