ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Texas to B1G when GOR ends

So me getting the sec network and not the Big 10 network in my sports package does not support Townes point? You always seem to dismiss the trend of cafetiere plans. I got rid of satellite TV over a year ago and save about $1000 year. I do not get all the stations that I never watched and paid for. That is the current trend. If you go with the out dated method then yes you are right. The rest of us will safe the money and see regional packages.
No, your situation does not support his point. There are several reasons, but the main one is that your situation has nothing to do with a "regional" package. What he is describing is a package that is only available in a certain part of the country. That is not what we have here. The Sports Pack to which he was referring is simply a standard add-on package that anyone in the country can purchase. It's not a different for one person in Boston and another person in LA.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
No, your situation does not support his point. There are several reasons, but the main one is that your situation has nothing to do with a "regional" package. What he is describing is a package that is only available in a certain part of the country. That is not what we have here. The Sports Pack to which he was referring is simply a standard add-on package that anyone in the country can purchase. It's not a different for one person in Boston and another person in LA.
Yes you are right if viewed through the lens of the outdated mode of getting your TV. But cafetiere plans are not the same. Thus a regional plan is an option in the modern world. Your reality is outdated and the world is changing.

Yes you are right if viewed through the lens of the outdated mode of getting your TV. But cafetiere plans are not the same. Thus a regional plan is an option in the modern world. Your reality is outdated and the world is changing.

Sounds like you’re talking about the package in the future in your opinion and Top is talking factual packages offered today. Personally I’d love the abilities to pick and choose what my package includes.

Sounds like you’re talking about the package in the future in your opinion and Top is talking factual packages offered today. Personally I’d love the abilities to pick and choose what my package includes.
Well I signed up for the "regional" package today. The future is now as more folks cut the cord.
Greg thanks for leaving the normal 5th grade response on the sideline for once.

That is because the majority of channels are owned by only a few companies.
Once again cable channels are a business.
So...you pretty much are forced to get other channels you don't want for channels you do.

This goes back to if the ACC network will be filler or will it be like the B1G and SEC that command top dollar because they sell packages for cable and satellite companies.

That is not true.
The Longhorn Network is considered Tier 1 in Texas
Tier 2 in New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana
Tier 3 in the rest of the country

So regionalism does exist.
It exist with the B1G and SEC as well.

Just some info here on the BIG wanting Texas and Oklahoma , news flash any Confernce would take them. But what I am hearing is that the BIG really wants Virginia and UNC. The BIG very much wants to get into the sunshine belt with tons of BIG alumni living in NC and VA. Plus both states are growing in population and UVA and UNC fits the BIG academic requirements.

I thought the same thing originally until I dug deeper.
If the ACC falls a part the B1G will go after Georgia Tech.

It is like this.
If you are in power you don't become just another member.
This is why UNC will attempt to find some way to maintain control of their conference if the ACC network fails.
The won't jump to the B1G or SEC
Georgia Tech is an academic heavyweight. They have enough power to keep Public Ivy UGA out of the AAU.

That is not true.

No again,that is still inaccurate. First of all you are using the phrase "Tier 1" incorrectly. You are mistaking a designstion for broadcast rights to games with the networks themselves.

Secondly, these conference networks are not regional. They are offered at different levels of subscription packages. In your own example of DirectTV's Sports Pack, that package does not vary from region to region. You can get BTN anywhere, for example. The only diference would be whether ot's available in the basic package or a premium package. That's not "regional".

Well I signed up for the "regional" package today. The future is now as more folks cut the cord.
Greg thanks for leaving the normal 5th grade response on the sideline for once.
You still have a basic package of channels you have to get, and then you have some optional packages you can add. It's still not a pure a la carte system where you can pick each individual channel that you want. It's really moreso the delivery system that changed.

No again,that is still inaccurate. First of all you are using the phrase "Tier 1" incorrectly. You are mistaking a designstion for broadcast rights to games with the networks themselves.

Secondly, these conference networks are not regional. They are offered at different levels of subscription packages. In your own example of DirectTV's Sports Pack, that package does not vary from region to region. You can get BTN anywhere, for example. The only diference would be whether ot's available in the basic package or a premium package. That's not "regional".

Cable networks have tiers...
Most like you say provide the same tiers nationally but others do not.

DIRECTV: Carried nationwide in Premiere Package (6th of 6 tiers) OR add the Sports Pack

DIRECTV Now: Carried in Texas (2nd of 5 tiers)

Dish Network: Carried nationwide in America’s Top 120 Plus (2nd of 4 tiers)

Cox: Carried nationwide in its Contour TV Package (2nd of 2 tiers) WITH added Sports and Info Pack 2

Spectrum: Carried in Texas with base cable package

Grande: Carried in Texas (2nd of 5 tiers)

Verizon Fios: Carried nationwide with Ultimate HD package (3rd of 3 tiers) OR in added Sports & News Package

AT&T U-Verse: Carried nationwide in U-200 package (3rd of 5 tiers)

PlayStation Vue: Carried in Texas/Oklahoma (2nd of 4 tiers) OR Arkansas/Louisiana/New Mexico (3rd of 4 tiers) OR nationwide (Sports Package – Requires 3rd or 4th tier subscription)

You still have a basic package of channels you have to get, and then you have some optional packages you can add. It's still not a pure a la carte system where you can pick each individual channel that you want. It's really moreso the delivery system that changed.
Duh But I am not paying for over 100 channels I don't want. The packages vary from a base of 40 to additional packages that vary between 1 and 10 channels. More than delivery has change. There is more freedom than there use to be and there will be more in the future.

Fake News. Future not determined by what you post haha. Most TVs in ACC footprint. The entirety of your opinion is all noise.

The Big East had that as well.
Plus when the Big East was launched it was considered to be a conference equal to the powers.
CBS gave it the 3:30/2:30 spot on the East Coast.
Its basketball tournament was in MSG and the only bball tournament that mattered....

But in the end... People did not watch and did not care.

The ACC adopted a failed model.
Carolina, Virginia and Georgia do not have enough eyeballs to subsidize the conference.
It like a millionaire investing in rancid turnip truck to make more money.
Sooner of later that millionaire will pull out and look elsewhere.

I quit reading after a few posts but why hasn't @Vernon deleted this entire thread started by a clueless pitt fan?

Because obviously a few people really like taking hypothetical future situations, arguing them ad nauseum, and refusing to grasp that their view of the future hypothetical situation simply COULD NOT possibly be incorrect.

This stupid crap, errr.... hypothetical situation is life and death to some of these folks.

Chicken Little's still in his egg but we have our own here to let us know the sky is falling in 202something.

Get with the program Bulya or the sky just may fall on YOU!!!!!!!

PS: You scared yet?

Because obviously a few people really like taking hypothetical future situations, arguing them ad nauseum, and refusing to grasp that their view of the future hypothetical situation simply COULD NOT possibly be incorrect.

This stupid crap, errr.... hypothetical situation is life and death to some of these folks.

Chicken Little's still in his egg but we have our own here to let us know the sky is falling in 202something.

Get with the program Bulya or the sky just may fall on YOU!!!!!!!

PS: You scared yet?

Why would I be scared? My economic situation is quite rosy but a post here by a pitt fan is as useful as the shit I took a few hours ago except the fact I FEEL better. If I could I'd take shit on pitt I gladly would.

Why would I be scared? My economic situation is quite rosy but a post here by a pitt fan is as useful as the shit I took a few hours ago except the fact I FEEL better. If I could I'd take shit on pitt I gladly would.

But, what with GOR's and television tiers, with all these future failings going on, how can you have such a rosy outlook on life? You just know that Pitt you took is going to end up on your head, somehow and someway, in the future.

These guys have seen it.

But, what with GOR's and television tiers, with all these future failings going on, how can you have such a rosy outlook on life? You just know that Pitt you took is going to end up on your head, somehow and someway, in the future.

These guys have seen it.

My personal economic outlook is Rosy however I believe WVU's is as well. The Big 12 isn't going anywhere in the near future so we are secure.and will be enjoying that HUGE payout over pitt and the ACC we've been getting. The ACC Network is a joke pure and simple good luck to Clemson and the Dwarfs the Dwarfs will need it.

The Big East had that as well.
Plus when the Big East was launched it was considered to be a conference equal to the powers.
CBS gave it the 3:30/2:30 spot on the East Coast.
Its basketball tournament was in MSG and the only bball tournament that mattered....

But in the end... People did not watch and did not care.

The ACC adopted a failed model.
Carolina, Virginia and Georgia do not have enough eyeballs to subsidize the conference.
It like a millionaire investing in rancid turnip truck to make more money.
Sooner of later that millionaire will pull out and look elsewhere.

Your opinion is like a butt hole Texass. Everyone has one. Except your opinion is stupid.

That is because the majority of channels are owned by only a few companies.
Once again cable channels are a business.
So...you pretty much are forced to get other channels you don't want for channels you do.

This goes back to if the ACC network will be filler or will it be like the B1G and SEC that command top dollar because they sell packages for cable and satellite companies.

I wasn’t posting you. I don’t respect one thing you post. You’re a Texass moron. Is that clear?

Damn you sure messed that one up. Could not even deliver a 5th grade insult.

Seriously why are responding to me negatively. All I posted was you were giving an opinion about how things were gonna be down the road while the other poster was providing facts about the environment today. Why so rude 5-0?

Edit: I’m ignoring you’re post about Texass because that post wasn’t meant for you.

Seriously why are responding to me negatively. All I posted was you were giving an opinion about how things were gonna be down the road while the other poster was providing facts about the environment today. Why so rude 5-0?

Edit: I’m ignoring you’re post about Texass because that post wasn’t meant for you.

Aren't you a sensitive one....

I am sorry Greg. I thought it was funny how bad you screwed up that insult.

I am sorry Greg. I thought it was funny how bad you screwed up that insult.

I wasn’t trying to insult you. You know how direct I post. If I want to insult you I’ll call you a whinny trouble making bitch because that’s what you are. All you do is surf the site looking for my posts. You’re a POS that adds no value. I was minding my own business. You play tough guy mall guard. GFY

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
As much as Greg throws insults around he should be a professional...

Seems like Little Greg doesn't like you saying things about him.
Probably has an ego made of glass.

I don’t have a big ego. People that know me would say that. Even though I make more in a month or two than you and 5-0 make in a year or two and live a country club life and travel internationally and drive a $100,000 car and have the Rolexes and have big houses in PA and Florida I am grounded and humble.

I don’t have a big ego. People that know me would say that. Even though I make more in a month or two than you and 5-0 make in a year or two and live a country club life and travel internationally and drive a $100,000 car and have the Rolexes and have big houses in PA and Florida I am grounded and humble.

Since I only have worked 4-6 months out of the year since 2009 if you actually make more than six figures you probably do.
I worked the 12 months a year when I got out of the USMC.
Worked the two biggest oil refineries in the country, Tesoro out in LA and ExxonMobil Beaumont back home in Texas.

Wouldn't trade what I have now.

My mother has a streaming TV that provides the locals, then she was able to select approximately 10 cable channels of her choosing. It was from her local cable co. It was about $30 per month. So locals + an a la cart selection of cable channels.

Sorry but she didnt pick up any ESPN....that network is a trash heap.

Last edited:
That is not true.

Save your breathe with topdeck...he is a shill ESPN planted on these boards years ago. He scans the boards for talk on cable then tries to convince people to buy ESPN.

His last gimmick was he told people we have a moral obligation to purchase cable and ESPN.

I wasn’t trying to insult you. You know how direct I post. If I want to insult you I’ll call you a whinny trouble making bitch because that’s what you are. All you do is surf the site looking for my posts. You’re a POS that adds no value. I was minding my own business. You play tough guy mall guard. GFY
Once again I am sorry I hurt your feelings. I just comment on the really stupid stuff your post. I typically leave you alone when you post just plain stupid stuff. Actually I surf the site for information on mountaineer sports, which I typically get from the Blue Lot and I goof on you since you have no sense of humor and are a Pitt troll.

LOL at the my house is bigger then your house but I am humble. Over compensating much there Greg?

Thing is with Greg...

He plays everyone like they are idiots.
He lacks the skill to be able to keep cover so he claims he is a fan of Pitt and WV.

He is much different on his home board.
He is still the misinformed joke but he actually adds content there.
On here he just attacks and insults WV fans.

Once again I am sorry I hurt your feelings. I just comment on the really stupid stuff your post. I typically leave you alone when you post just plain stupid stuff. Actually I surf the site for information on mountaineer sports, which I typically get from the Blue Lot and I goof on you since you have no sense of humor and are a Pitt troll.

Funny homer always comes back for more abuse. I own this little homer haha.

Since I only have worked 4-6 months out of the year since 2009 if you actually make more than six figures you probably do.
I worked the 12 months a year when I got out of the USMC.
Worked the two biggest oil refineries in the country, Tesoro out in LA and ExxonMobil Beaumont back home in Texas.

Wouldn't trade what I have now.

Thank you for your service. The only thing i respect more than an individual that served in our military is my God and my family. Take back everything I’ve ever posted to you.

I appreciate that but I would much rather have you try to holdback the insults to everyone when you post on here.

You should be smarter than that.
Insults are pretty much middle school level attacks.

Reactions: leapinglannypoffo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT