ADVERTISEMENT

OU and Texas to B1G when GOR ends

Always wrong geek. The Big12 has always been the farm system for Expansion.

Colorado left for reasons beyond sports.
Nebraska and A&M demanded more than they were worth so the Big XII told them bye.
Mizzou followed because of revenue reasons.

Truth is Texas and Oklahoma are not having any problems.
The Big XII Championships was #2 in ratings.
Big XII finished #3 in ratings.

The revenue issues are on the ACC and PAC right now.

Here is proof
10.1 17.499M ALA-UGA SEC Champ. 12/1, 4:00p CBS
6.2 10.155M
(10.299M) OKLA-Texas B12 Champ. 12/1, Noon ABC
5.0 8.659M OSU-NWSTN B1G Champ. 12/1, 8:15p FOX
2.5 4.236M CLEM-Pitt ACC Champ. 12/1, 8:00p ABC
2.6 4.059M WASH-Utah P12 Champ. 11/30, 8:20p FOX
2.1 3.321M UCF-MEM AAC Cham

The ACC was closer to the AAC than it was the Big XII

This will never happen so you’re wasting posting time goofball

Ummm....it’s a failing conference whose teams make less money than any of the P5.

Their only financial backing is ESPN who is bleeding like a stuffed pig.

They are doubling down on Raycom/ACC network which makes the P12 Network look well thought out. That Hindenburg will likely sign the death sentence for the ACC as well as ESPN as THE boss of CFB.

Meanwhile the SEC and B12 have been killing it and could easily free themselves of ESPNs influence. Hell, ESPN might have to let them go when this current GOR is up.

Obviously the ACC will survive in some way, shape or form but not as a P5. Helloooo Big East v2.0.

The B1G is sitting there with their main targets....

But their main targets don't want them.
Can't blame the B1G for trying.
It is like me thinking I am going to get a date with Kate Upton.

Not going to happen but I can make her my main target.
Especially if Justin Verlander pitches a bad game.

Ummm....it’s a failing conference whose teams make less money than any of the P5.

They are doubling down on Raycom/ACC network which makes the P12 Network look well thought out. That Hindenburg will likely sign the death sentence for the ACC as well as ESPN as THE boss of CFB.

Meanwhile the SEC and B12 have been killing it and could easily free themselves of ESPNs influence. Hell, ESPN might have to let them go when this current GOR is up.

Obviously the ACC will survive in some way, shape or form but not as a P5. Helloooo Big East v2.0.

Only influence ESPN has on the Big XII is with the LHN.
Texas used ESPN's desire for their third tier rights to get the network.
ESPN originally through Vanderbilt and Ole Miss wanted Texas to join the SEC in 2008.

The SEC is at an advantage with ESPN.
The issue with the SEC is how valuable are their first tier rights.
CBS might tell them no.
They are getting a little too cocky with their demands.

The ACC is another story.
By 2021 the world will see the entire picture regarding their network.
Like I said I am not 100% sure either way but I think ultimately they have too many schools to share a small pie with.

Once ESPN/Raycom wants out they will look other directions.

Colorado left for reasons beyond sports.
Nebraska and A&M demanded more than they were worth so the Big XII told them bye.
Mizzou followed because of revenue reasons.

Truth is Texas and Oklahoma are not having any problems.
The Big XII Championships was #2 in ratings.
Big XII finished #3 in ratings.

The revenue issues are on the ACC and PAC right now.

LOL at your total BS. The history of this conference and SW... over the years is very clear. Your Fake News BS is hilarious. And you’re a Texass loser.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

Failing Fake News haha. Your conclusion reeks of homer insecurities. The only conference at risk from exploding inside out is the historically unstable Big12. You geeks just ignore history and current partner relationships. I don’t believe the Big12 will implode but until the GOR is solidified or the partners commit long term to each other in some way instability will be an issue. Your Fake News assessment that the ACC is moments away from disaster is adorable. You’re such a homer geek.

Last edited:
Only influence ESPN has on the Big XII is with the LHN.
Texas used ESPN's desire for their third tier rights to get the network.
ESPN originally through Vanderbilt and Ole Miss wanted Texas to join the SEC in 2008.

The SEC is at an advantage with ESPN.
The issue with the SEC is how valuable are their first tier rights.
CBS might tell them no.
They are getting a little too cocky with their demands.

The ACC is another story.
By 2021 the world will see the entire picture regarding their network.
Like I said I am not 100% sure either way but I think ultimately they have too many schools to share a small pie with.

Once ESPN/Raycom wants out they will look other directions.

You realize LHN is a complete disaster for ESPN and failure overall right? Regarding ACC other directions........aabawahahahaha!!!
Pitt’s knew studio and infrastructure set up for the network is crazy. I toured it a couple of weeks ago. LOL at zero interest in a Big12 Network. Please entertain me with your Fake News excuses why Network was a no go and expansion interviews targeted joke programs. All I heard here was ND, Clemson, FSU, VT coming to Big12 and ACC done hahahaha!!! I’m all eyes Texass! What BS Fake News you want to create now? You remind me of the expansion geek on here several years ago that was calling for end of ACC and that Big12 rules all after eoansoround two. I forget his name but I’m thinking you’re that geek.

Texas won't accept an invite to the B1G without the condition that they won't have to play Maryland again.

If they cannot beat the Terps, they're useless as a member of the B1G. The B1G already has their punching bag, known as Rutgers.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
GOR makes it so that teams that move get NO money. Until a school takes the GOR provision to court to have it ruled illegal no school will leave a conference while under a GOR.

As such your GOR be damned is 1000% pure fan fiction.

BTW: I always get a kick out of people like you ....SteelEER...a combination of Steelers and Mountaineers.

You will rag on Pitt, but glom unto all other Pittsburgh sports just like the cultists in Happy Valley. If your areas are so much greater you would have no need to glom onto Pittsburgh Sports :)
Come on.... I grew up in the Northern Panhandle of WV and went to WVU. It's extremely common for those like me to love all Pittsburgh area professional sports, but "rag" on Pitt. If you went to WVU, you rag on Pitt and visa-versa. That's what makes college sports fun. But, if I see you at a Steelers, Pirates or Pen game, you may be embarrassed by my behavior....

Texas won't accept an invite to the B1G without the condition that they won't have to play Maryland again.

If they cannot beat the Terps, they're useless as a member of the B1G. The B1G already has their punching bag, known as Rutgers.
Great post. Would read again.

Don't shoot the messenger here

This is from an OU site.

If this happens we all know the Big XII then equals the AAC.

Looks like the countdown to 4 super conferences is on its way.
Before you go all wishful thinking that the ACC will implode, we have a GOR until 2035-2036 when we agreed to partner with E$PN on the ACC network. No one is bolting.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...year-rights-deal-lead-2019-launch-acc-network
I read a tweet on twitter and ran here to rub it in guys. No chance at all its juat a random rumor.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Big 10 started this as retaliation that Big 10 now 2 years without a CFP team.

I have a bit different take on the future of college football TV contracts.

Just as WVU and Louisville were able to land in a P5 conference - and leave Cincinnati, UConn, East Carolina on the outside... I could imagine the next round could leave the majority of universities on the outside.

Instead of 5 conferences contracting to 4 - with WVU getting left out, why wouldn't the biggest ($$) athletic departments form a super league and just take all the money?
The league (not conference) would have - maybe just Ohio St, LSU, Alabama, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Clemson, and maybe 3 or 4 others. Those 10 or 12 teams would be the NFL of college football and get all of the TV contracts.
90% of universities can't compete with the budget of Texas or OhState athletic depts.
-Winter Tim

You realize LHN is a complete disaster for ESPN and failure overall right? Regarding ACC other directions........aabawahahahaha!!!
Pitt’s knew studio and infrastructure set up for the network is crazy. I toured it a couple of weeks ago. LOL at zero interest in a Big12 Network. Please entertain me with your Fake News excuses why Network was a no go and expansion interviews targeted joke programs. All I heard here was ND, Clemson, FSU, VT coming to Big12 and ACC done hahahaha!!! I’m all eyes Texass! What BS Fake News you want to create now? You remind me of the expansion geek on here several years ago that was calling for end of ACC and that Big12 rules all after eoansoround two. I forget his name but I’m thinking you’re that geek.

You need to put the crack pipe down....seriously.

Just as WVU and Louisville were able to land in a P5 conference - and leave Cincinnati, UConn, East Carolina on the outside... I could imagine the next round could leave the majority of universities on the outside.

Instead of 5 conferences contracting to 4 - with WVU getting left out, why wouldn't the biggest ($$) athletic departments form a super league and just take all the money?
The league (not conference) would have - maybe just Ohio St, LSU, Alabama, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Clemson, and maybe 3 or 4 others. Those 10 or 12 teams would be the NFL of college football and get all of the TV contracts.
90% of universities can't compete with the budget of Texas or OhState athletic depts.
-Winter Tim

I see contraction coming too...but not to that degree. Likely 30-40 teams. The TV contracts will diminish and diversify somewhat (apple, google, Netflix, etc). Won’t be able to subsidize the Vandy, Wakes, BCs, Cal, UVAs of the world. Decrease the mouths to feed. The best would play the best. The football would be better. Mediocre programs get weeded out and play each other...just with less at stake.

In this model, each elite team could play a “non-elite” team once a year. Maybe then we could throw Pitt a bone and play them once a year again!

Or....the whole thing could become one huge Tier 3 and you carve out your own pie. Make your own schedule and fans pay for each game a la carte. Better teams with bigger fan bases make more money.

This next set of GORs will be the CFB version of “Highlander”. Sheer craziness.

I always felt the next big change in college football would be a shift to one umbrella conference with the power 5 all working underneath it, perhaps geographically.

Basically the conferences will just be divisions of one ruling conference.

-Winter Tim
They would get a huge contract but they wouldnt be able to freeze out all the othera like the current P5 does. You would have 10 or 11 ganes a week but there would be very many open slots for everyone else.

If Texas and Oklahoma go to the B1G, I could see the other 3 Conferences then going to 16 teams and you will have a Power P4.

Starting in August 2019, the Big 12 will be the only P5 Conference without its own TV Network and no expectations of getting one.

The Big 12 will be cannibalized and the remaining teams hoping to be selected for an ACC, SEC or Pac-12 bid.

The Big 12 is the first Conference that will have its GOR expire around 2024 and you will start to here many more rumors about teams wanting to bolt.

I think Oklahoma has already started to explore its options.

Just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

I could see WVU ultimately end up in the SEC or ACC which would be good from a geography perspective. The Big12 was never a good fit (WVU-Island School).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

If Texas and Oklahoma go to the B1G, I could see the other 3 Conferences then going to 16 teams and you will have a Power P4.

Starting in August 2019, the Big 12 will be the only P5 Conference without its own TV Network and no expectations of getting one.

The Big 12 will be cannibalized and the remaining teams hoping to be selected for an ACC, SEC or Pac-12 bid.

The Big 12 is the first Conference that will have its GOR expire around 2024 and you will start to here many more rumors about teams wanting to bolt.

I think Oklahoma has already started to explore its options.

Just have to wait and see how this all plays out.

I could see WVU ultimately end up in the SEC or ACC which would be good from a geography perspective. The Big12 was never a good fit (WVU-Island School).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
In that scenarion what is the P5 at 65 teams becomes the P4 at 64.

That is probably a more likely scenario with a lot of reorganization included to fix geographic issues that have hurt college football.

In that scenarion what is the P5 at 65 teams becomes the P4 at 64.

That is probably a more likely scenario with a lot of reorganization included to fix geographic issues that have hurt college football.

Also I think Notre Dame will be forced to pick a Conference for its football team.

I have no problem with WVU being a part of the ACC.

Look at the teams in the ACC, it is for the most part the ACC schools and the old Big East football schools.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Greg is right the ACC is not going to go away but what will end up happening will be similar to what happened when the Big XII was created.

The ACC GOR are tied in with their conference network. No network so no GOR.
Certain ACC schools have already explored ways to exit the GOR if their revenue continues to fall behind.

Texas and Oklahoma right now have no reason to exit the Big XII because of revenue.
Texas brings in more money than everyone else and Oklahoma is #6.

Clemson and Florida St on the other hand have major revenue issues.
Clemson cannot give Dabo anymore money.
If someone would go after Dabo with a golden deal he could leave and that leaves Clemson back at being a nobody.

Like I said the Big XII is either going to combine with the Pac XII or ACC.
Most likely the ACC because UNC is more willing to play ball.
Especially with Mack Brown there.

Both conferences are going to lose members when they combine.
Could be both WV and Pitt.

Last edited:
With the ACC Network in place the economics of the ACC Conference will continue to improve eclipsing the Big 12 especially if Texas or Oklahoma bolt.

The ACC Conference is not going away.

Hail to Pitt!!!!

Reactions: ClkwrkOrange
With the ACC Network in place the economics of the Conference will continue to improve eclipsing the Big 12.

Hail to Pitt!!!!

How is that.
Let's be real here.
The ACC has 14 schools. For it to eclipse the Big XII it would need to make a certain amount of money.
Plus I don't know the contract so a lot of the revenue could end up going to Raycom and ESPN.

The Pac 12 network...
Pac 12 has 12 schools of course but doesn't have anyone in the middle between the network and the schools because they own the conference.

Pac 12 still makes less money than the Big XII.

Like I said the network will only work if there is a large pie to be divided.

According to Football ratings there won't be.
If only 4 mil watch your championship game I doubt you are going to pull a lot of eyeballs to the network

I'll leave you with this.

Listen to the rumors of the Big 12 schools that are exploring leaving the Big 12 as the GOR comes close to expiring.

No one wants to be the last school out the door.

Look at what happened to the Big East Conference.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I'll leave you with this.

Listen to the rumors of the Big 12 schools that are exploring leaving the Big 12 as the GOR comes close to expiring.

No one wants to be the last school out the door.

Look at what happened to the Big East Conference.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

What rumors.
The B1G is interested in Texas and Oklahoma.
Those aren't rumors...That is the truth.

But like I said Texas and Oklahoma are not interested in the B1G.
The B1G would pretty much make the University of Texas be looked at as an outsider in its own state.
Like how A&M is now.
If it was SEC vs B1G most would pick the SEC.

I always felt the next big change in college football would be a shift to one umbrella conference with the power 5 all working underneath it, perhaps geographically.

Basically the conferences will just be divisions of one ruling conference.

That would be the best model as I’ve presented it several times here. I don’t know if greed/pride would allow that to exist. Essentially you would be telling Notre Dame they are going to make as much as WVU.

What rumors.
The B1G is interested in Texas and Oklahoma.
Those aren't rumors...That is the truth.

But like I said Texas and Oklahoma are not interested in the B1G.
The B1G would pretty much make the University of Texas be looked at as an outsider in its own state.
Like how A&M is now.
If it was SEC vs B1G most would pick the SEC.

All this is true. You only left out the political end of this, which would be even harder to overcome.

With the ACC Network in place the economics of the ACC Conference will continue to improve eclipsing the Big 12 especially if Texas or Oklahoma bolt.

Hail to Pitt!!!!

Dude.

Have you ever seen the attendance at your football games, or any ACC game outside of Clemson?

That is your yard marker for public interest in your product.

Absorb it.

Own it.

Understand it.

The ACC network will be ESPNs Edsel.

All this is true. You only left out the political end of this, which would be even harder to overcome.

The Big XII is not going to stay together.
There is a very good chance that whatever happens the conference downsizes.
Like I said I think the Big XII will merge with another conference.
Most likely the ACC.
The question will be how many.
16, 18, 20.
I think 18.
9 in the West and 9 in the East.
Then no cross divisional matchups and 8 conference games.

Bullshit. UT will go nowhere without Texas Tech and OU goes nowhere without OSU. Unless UT and OU can GUARANTEE a P5 spot elsewhere for those 2 teams, you’re huffing paint.

That being said, the SEC would have every excuse to poach and would take WVU and or whoever they feel like from the ACC. GOR be damned.

SEC is not interested in WVU. Never has been.

Pitt is probably happy with the ACC but it doesn't mean everyone else is.

Florida State is one of the main reasons for the ACC network.
FSU almost jumped in 2012. The network is the reason why they stayed.

But the ACC did not prevent Florida St from losing Jimbo and while Florida's revenue has increased Florida St's has stayed stagnant.
Then there is Miami. FSU wants to put Miami on UCF/USF status.

This all comes back to the ACC network.
How much revenue will it provide?

It is as simple as this.

The Pac XII network is owned by the conference.
The only money they lose is on overhead.

Even with the network and 12 schools the conference is behind the Big XII.

The ACC won't get the entire profit from the network.
It gets cut in three ways with Raycom and then ESPN getting a share.
Plus there are two more mouthes to feed.

I don't see the ACC network bringing more than 10 mil per school.
Even 10 million is not anything to brag about because it probably will be closer to 5-8 mil.

Failing Fake News haha. Your conclusion reeks of homer insecurities. The only conference at risk from exploding inside out is the historically unstable Big12. You geeks just ignore history and current partner relationships. I don’t believe the Big12 will implode but until the GOR is solidified or the partners commit long term to each other in some way instability will be an issue. Your Fake News assessment that the ACC is moments away from disaster is adorable. You’re such a homer geek.
Is it not about time for you to come up with some new insults verses always the same ones?

That is T Shirt Pittboy Greg for you.

He wants to come over here and announce to the world his POV...

But fears to be challenged.
This is why I doubt he ever attended Pitt let alone any university.

But...Greg or his Pitt butt buddy should have created the correct title for the topic.
B1G is interested in Oklahoma and Texas.
But..we all knew this.

That is T Shirt Pittboy Greg for you.

He wants to come over here and announce to the world his POV...

But fears to be challenged.
This is why I doubt he ever attended Pitt let alone any university.

But...Greg or his Pitt butt buddy should have created the correct title for the topic.
B1G is interested in Oklahoma and Texas.
But..we all knew this.

Aahahahabawaahahahaha!!! Texass rustled and full of jibberish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT