ADVERTISEMENT

(OT) Talk About Off-Topic...

Will Smith thinking he's a respectable actor is funny... ..trying to make his kid one, hilarious.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
....and not flashing your lights when a cop is doing the speed trap thing is anti-Anerican. For the love of Christ it's all but tradition.

The " white Christian elitists" who put Trump in office where the same "elitists" who put Obama in office in '08 and re-elected him in '12. Now answer me this, in 2008 and 2012, were you calling those same folks racists and bigots when they were voting for a black man with the middle name Hussein to be President of our country?

Those same "elitists" are mostly out of work, or under-employed, middle-class Americans who merely want a good economy and opportunity - and instead of listening to them, Hillary and her supporters decided to marginalize and shame them as bigots and racists.
Yes..the Hillary çheerleader news organisations are also to blame...when they say that there's a 98% of a Hillary victory..why would I come home after work, stand in line to vote, when I can stay home and watch judge judy
..wrap your head around this..close to 100 million eligible voters did nothing ..not one ****

Vanilla bean ice cream ... ? WTF?

That's like wanting a really really good (and unique drink) and requesting water. Nothing wrong with it but it isn't exactly special occasion like....

That's like wanting a really really good (and unique drink) and requesting water. Nothing wrong with it but it isn't exactly special occasion like....

Hey you (me)....you didn't mention that you flooded your bowl with Hershey's chocolate syrup.

But yea... ...I agree, not the best. If you're gonna eat crap you want it to be worth the damage it does to the body.

So there's a sriracha sauce craze and I've never even tried it.

Would it make a good replacement for the hot sauce I usually add to my beef/hamburger chili ? ....I enjoy some heat.

The answer is YES. Wow.... made an excellent add to my chili.

_--------

Off my offtopic topic... ...my bonus check (actually now just a statement) came in the mail today. ...damn I was starting to question my standing in the company.

That's not to say the bonus was anything many would consider impressive...

The answer is YES. Wow.... made an excellent add to my chili.

_--------

Off my offtopic topic... ...my bonus check (actually now just a statement) came in the mail today. ...damn I was starting to question my standing in the company.

That's not to say the bonus was anything many would consider impressive...

If your bonus is not based on specific performance, like a sales bonus, and is more than 7.5-10% of your base salary, consider yourself lucky. 5-7.5% is typical.

How much milk is too little or too much in a bowl of cereal? Should you drink the milk from the bowl if it's over the standard? Do you add more if it's under the standard?

How much milk is too little or too much in a bowl of cereal? Should you drink the milk from the bowl if it's over the standard? Do you add more if it's under the standard?

Now you're just being silly.

You know that you left out a few variables that make your questions impossible to accurately answer.

--Cereal brand and type.
--Whole, 2%, 1%, or fat free milk (even something like I prefer, Fairlife)
--Size of bowl...in particular depth/area vs. total volume being consumed
--Glass or plastic bowl
--Teaspoon or tablespoon
--Adding items like fruit or sugar
--Eating at a table, sofa, or on the run
--How much milk is left in the carton
--....ect....

Now you're just being silly.

You know that you left out a few variables that make your questions impossible to accurately answer.

--Cereal brand and type.
--Whole, 2%, 1%, or fat free milk (even something like I prefer, Fairlife)
--Size of bowl...in particular depth/area vs. total volume being consumed
--Glass or plastic bowl
--Teaspoon or tablespoon
--Adding items like fruit or sugar
--Eating at a table, sofa, or on the run
--How much milk is left in the carton
--....ect....

Ya got me. I tried shortcuts like most ESPN announcers. Poor reporting at best.

What if it's only 2 % ?

Depends on 2% of what. If you are a highly compensated employee 2% may not be a bad number. If you are the average working Joe, maybe not so much. Also, is the bonus dependent on any factors beyond your direct control like overall company profitability? Or is it just the standard year-end bonus given to everybody at a certain level? Maybe your bonus is right in line then, but 2% seems to be lower than what is an accepted standard.

Depends on 2% of what. If you are a highly compensated employee 2% may not be a bad number. If you are the average working Joe, maybe not so much. Also, is the bonus dependent on any factors beyond your direct control like overall company profitability? Or is it just the standard year-end bonus given to everybody at a certain level? Maybe your bonus is right in line then, but 2% seems to be lower than what is an accepted standard.

Hmmm.. ...I do consider myself an average working Joe. ...I'm a little disappointed how you used the ref...but whatever...

I actually don't need or expect a bonus (which if it always happens is just a thing)...

Truthfully, it's dickish that I even mentioned it.

Hmmm.. ...I do consider myself an average working Joe. ...I'm a little disappointed how you used the ref...but whatever...

I actually don't need or expect a bonus (which if it always happens is just a thing)...

O, most of us in this world, including me, fall into the category of average working Joes, or perhaps Janes. And maybe that's what you meant. Sorry for the non-pc gender reference.

Anyway, most of us average working FOLKS don't get a bonus at all unless it is tied to specific job performance, Sales bonus for making goals etc. I worked for a company once where the bonus was all or nothing, make the number and get the bonus, miss it and...well better luck next year. I left after finishing at 99% of goal one year and got zip for it.

Haag n Das vanilla bean is one of my favorite ice creams. Take a scoop and put it in a big mug of piping hot hotchocolate.

I thought most people knew about grounding (actually bonding) themselves when getting out of their vehicles this time of the year. I was wrong.

Watched a neighbor get out of his car and then reach for his door to shut it.... ...the way he reacted I thought a grenade just went off in his hand.

So for those that don't know... ...grab the metal part of your door (or frame) before getting out of the vehicle. It eliminates the often painful arcing (aka miniature lightning bolt). The static electricity still travels from you but without any pain. For those that do the butt method (close door with butt) you're just delaying the inevitable.

If testicles is the proper name for a mans nuts, why aren't a womans boobs called chesticles ?.......sounds better than mammary glands.

If testicles is the proper name for a mans nuts, why aren't a womans boobs called chesticles ?.......sounds better than mammary glands.

Men...it's always about you.

How about calling nuts mamticles ? Makes more sense since we actually own them but just allow you to carry them for us... ...kinda like our purse.

Because the correct correlation would be "ovaries". I checked this out with my wife and she said I was correct. Which in and of itself is quite a feat and the first time this year, additionally amazing as it is only the 8th day of the year. Might be a new record. It may have been June last year before I was correct about something.

Also she is not aware of a slang term like "nuts" in regards to ovaries. Anybody know of one?

Because the correct correlation would be "ovaries". I checked this out with my wife and she said I was correct. Which in and of itself is quite a feat and the first time this year, additionally amazing as it is only the 8th day of the year. Might be a new record. It may have been June last year before I was correct about something.

Also she is not aware of a slang term like "nuts" in regards to ovaries. Anybody know of one?

Dr. Suess says:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

So this is from where I live...

Burglars steal nothing but a jar of pretzels from 2 West Earl Twp. businesses...

Making a pot of butter beans in the morning and cannot decide whether to use ham hock ( have a smoked one in the freezer ) or use pork chops. I always use a vidalia onion but I all I have is a white onion.

I have the balls of dough set out to rise for rolls but I'm deciding on whether I should go get vidalia or not.

ok, I'm not...........and i'm gonna use the smoked ham hock and pork chops.

secret ingredient? Yes. 3 pressed garlic gloves and a pinch of tarragon.

Got a store card app ?

I had completely refused to use store-cards because a person would need a backpack to have one for each place they shopped. Well....been using an app where you simply take a picture of the cards and they're all on your smartphone.

Simply awesome and I've learned over the last 1 1/2 years they do save you some decent cash.

Dammit, Orlaco! When you refer to yourself as an 'average Joe' you only perpetuate the BL myth that you are a man. Why do you do that?

I would prefer if Orlaco disregarded grammar prowess and concentrated more on posts glamorizing iambic pentameter. Just a thought...

Give me 4-6 years to work on that....

...and it's interesting that someone who joined just weeks ago has such a preference.

Here's the deal, straight from a seven year old. You add milk until the cereal just starts to float. Then you hurry and eat it before the cereal gets soggy. Finally, you drink the rest of the milk straight from the bowl. Put your bowl in the sink and run water in it.

Have vinyl shutters that are faded by the sun and age ? Don't paint them...don't replace them. For a few bucks purchase a can of Penetrol, made by Flood as a paint additive to prevent streaking, at a large home improvement store.

Simply wipe on the shutters as if you were cleaning a table using Pledge. It re-oxidizes the vinyl and makes them look brand new for years. Wipe..not scrub... ....the hardest part is actually getting to the shutters.

Penetrol also works wonders on faded auto plastic and rubber.

ADVERTISEMENT