ADVERTISEMENT

Nunes going beyond DOJ/FBI

He does not. He didn’t even tell us what parts of the dossier were used. He also said the court was misled as to the sourcing of the dossier, but that is disputed. Although, I don’t think Clinton or the DNC was specifically referenced.

You keep "parsing" what that committee knows, doesn't know, saw or didn't see boomer. Like I said, at some point by simple convergence of all the known facts you will have to accept whatever they are... not what you want them to be, or think they should be, or believe them to be, or think they could be, or suggest they might be?

It will be what they are, what the hard evidence reveals, and then you will be forced to either accept them or reject them. I know that too will depend on who they favor to you but at least you will have no more excuses for parsing out or questioning what you already know or will know once all the facts are revealed.

You keep "parsing" what that committee knows, doesn't know, saw or didn't see boomer. Like I said, at some point by simple convergence of all the known facts you will have to accept whatever they are... not what you want them to be, or think they should be, or believe them to be, or think they could be, or suggest they might be?

It will be what they are, what the hard evidence reveals, and then you will be forced to either accept them or reject them. I know that too will depend on who they favor to you but at least you will have no more excuses for parsing out or questioning what you already know or will know once all the facts are revealed.
Ah, thanks so much for your wisdom

Reactions: atlkvb
I'll offer no excuses if a FISA warrant was issued in error. In fact, I'd be furious.

I trust Gowdy and Grassley. Schiff has a history of lying, and I don't trust him at all. I somewhat trust Nunes, but he's in between. Taking that as my starting point, add in all of the reassignments and resignations in DOJ/FBI 7th floor, I have to believe that the FISA application was misleading at best.

I trust Gowdy and Grassley. Schiff has a history of lying, and I don't trust him at all. I somewhat trust Nunes, but he's in between. Taking that as my starting point, add in all of the reassignments and resignations in DOJ/FBI 7th floor, I have to believe that the FISA application was misleading at best.
I trust Gowdy and Grassley. I don't trust Nunes or Schiff at all, and they give us no reason to believe them. Apparently we see the same information and reach different conclusions. Resignations and reassignments don't mean anything to me, because sadly both sides have politicized the FBI. Nunes and the WH didn't start down this hole to see if the FBI acted improperly on a FISA warrant, they've tried to discredit the entire Russia investigation and retro fit Twitter tantrums. In the end, it doesn't really how you and I read the tea leaves, but I will continue to laugh hysterically at all the conspiracy theories.

I trust Gowdy and Grassley.

I'm not reading tea leaves. I was waiting on the right moment to type this up. Everyone ignored the Grassley letter.

Link

(U) But there is substantial evidence suggesting that Mr. Steele materially misled the FBI about a key aspect of his dossier efforts, one which bears on his credibility.

(U) Similarly, in June 2017, former FBI Director Corney testified publicly before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that he had briefed President-Elect Trump on the dossier allegations in January 2017, which Mr. Corney described as "salacious" and "unverified."

In another sworn filing in that case, Mr. Steele further stated that journalists from "the New York Times, the Washington Post, Yahoo News, the New Yorker, and CNN" were "briefed at the end of September 2016 by [Steele] and Fusion at Fusion's instruction." 10 The filing fmther states that Mr. Steele "subsequently participated in further meetings at Fusion's instruction with Fusion and the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Yahoo News, which took place mid-October 2016." According to these court filings,. "[t]he briefings involved the disclosure of limited intelligence regarding indications of Russian interference in the US election process and the possible co-ordination of members of Trump's campaign team and Russian government officials." 12 In his interview with the Committee, Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS confirmed this account by Mr. Steele and his company as filed in the British court.

In fact, in the British litigation, which involves a post-election dossier memorandum, Mr. Steele admitted that he received and included in it unsolicited-and unverified-allegations. That filing implies that he similarly received unsolicited intelligence on these matters prior to the election as well, stating that Mr. Steele "continued to receive unsolicited intelligence on the matters covered by the pre-election memoranda after the US Presidential election. "

(U) One memorandum by Mr. Steele that was not published by Buzzfeed is dated October 19, 2016. The report alleges ______, as well as ______. Mr. Steele's memorandum states that his company "received this report from US State Department," that the report was the second in a series, and that the report was information that came from a fore~gn sub-source who "is in touch with , a contact of ______, a friend of the Clintons, who passed it to _____ ." It is troubling enough that the Clinton Campaign funded Mr. Steele's work, but that these Clinton associates were contemporaneously feeding Mr. Steele allegations raises additional concerns about his credibility.

"When asked at the March 2017 briefing why the FBI relied on the dossier in the FISA applications absent meaningful corroboration--and in light of the highly political motives surrounding its creation--then-Director Comey state that the FBI included the dossier allegations about Carter Page in the FISA applications because Mr. Steele himself was considered reliable due to his past work with the Bureau.

_____ Indeed, the documents we have reviewed show that the FBI took important investigative steps largely based on Mr. Steele's information--and relying heavily on his credibility. Specifically, on October 21, 2016, the FBI filed its first warrant application under FISA for Carter Page. ________ The bulk of the application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier. The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page, although it does cite a news article that appears to be sourced to Mr. Steele's dossier as well.

I think he's getting to the heart of Schiff's claims that his (Nunes') memo was a "misstatement" of facts known. We have yet to hear what corroborating evidence was given to the FISA court along with that dossier, and from what we know already that dossier was well known to more folks than just the FISA court. What about the rest of what was allegedly behind that application for a warrant to spy on Trump? Everyone seems to miss that little fact into why that warrant was even issued?

Interesting questions. I love Nunes..he doesn't take any crap.

We don't know because Trump won't release the other memo

I'm not reading tea leaves. I was waiting on the right moment to type this up. Everyone ignored the Grassley letter.

Link

(U) But there is substantial evidence suggesting that Mr. Steele materially misled the FBI about a key aspect of his dossier efforts, one which bears on his credibility.

(U) Similarly, in June 2017, former FBI Director Corney testified publicly before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that he had briefed President-Elect Trump on the dossier allegations in January 2017, which Mr. Corney described as "salacious" and "unverified."

In another sworn filing in that case, Mr. Steele further stated that journalists from "the New York Times, the Washington Post, Yahoo News, the New Yorker, and CNN" were "briefed at the end of September 2016 by [Steele] and Fusion at Fusion's instruction." 10 The filing fmther states that Mr. Steele "subsequently participated in further meetings at Fusion's instruction with Fusion and the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Yahoo News, which took place mid-October 2016." According to these court filings,. "[t]he briefings involved the disclosure of limited intelligence regarding indications of Russian interference in the US election process and the possible co-ordination of members of Trump's campaign team and Russian government officials." 12 In his interview with the Committee, Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS confirmed this account by Mr. Steele and his company as filed in the British court.

In fact, in the British litigation, which involves a post-election dossier memorandum, Mr. Steele admitted that he received and included in it unsolicited-and unverified-allegations. That filing implies that he similarly received unsolicited intelligence on these matters prior to the election as well, stating that Mr. Steele "continued to receive unsolicited intelligence on the matters covered by the pre-election memoranda after the US Presidential election. "

(U) One memorandum by Mr. Steele that was not published by Buzzfeed is dated October 19, 2016. The report alleges ______, as well as ______. Mr. Steele's memorandum states that his company "received this report from US State Department," that the report was the second in a series, and that the report was information that came from a fore~gn sub-source who "is in touch with , a contact of ______, a friend of the Clintons, who passed it to _____ ." It is troubling enough that the Clinton Campaign funded Mr. Steele's work, but that these Clinton associates were contemporaneously feeding Mr. Steele allegations raises additional concerns about his credibility.

"When asked at the March 2017 briefing why the FBI relied on the dossier in the FISA applications absent meaningful corroboration--and in light of the highly political motives surrounding its creation--then-Director Comey state that the FBI included the dossier allegations about Carter Page in the FISA applications because Mr. Steele himself was considered reliable due to his past work with the Bureau.

_____ Indeed, the documents we have reviewed show that the FBI took important investigative steps largely based on Mr. Steele's information--and relying heavily on his credibility. Specifically, on October 21, 2016, the FBI filed its first warrant application under FISA for Carter Page. ________ The bulk of the application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier. The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page, although it does cite a news article that appears to be sourced to Mr. Steele's dossier as well.

from article:

"The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page, although it does cite a news article that appears to be sourced to Mr. Steele's dossier as well".

boomer doesn't buy any of this. How do we know that's all that is what's really in the FISA application? He's not convinced you even copied and posted correctly THE? Prove it! How do we know, that you TarHeelEer aren't just changing key words and phrases to fit your agenda? Boomer needs more proof the dossier was unsubstantiated. According to who...Trump? He lies, so do his supporters. It's probably True, boomer sure doesn't believe it isn't. So take that!

Last edited:
Read above, it's been out for a month.

You do recall that he was bought and paid for originally by the republicans? Most assumed he was credible (obviously there were mistakes there). Page was under watch for many years before that. I have zero concerns and I am not a libtard or whatever else you call the far left.

You do recall that he was bought and paid for originally by the republicans? Most assumed he was credible (obviously there were mistakes there). Page was under watch for many years before that. I have zero concerns and I am not a libtard or whatever else you call the far left.

Incorrect.

Multiple oppo research was compiled by Fusion for multiple consumers. Steele was only brought on board once Hillbag entered the picture.

from article:

"The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page, although it does cite a news article that appears to be sourced to Mr. Steele's dossier as well".

boomer doesn't buy any of this. How do we know that's all that is what's really in the FISA application? He's not convinced you even copied and posted correctly THE? Prove it! How do we know, that you TarHeelEer aren't just changing key words and phrases to fit your agenda? Boomer needs more proof the dossier was unsubstantiated. According to who...Trump? He lies, so do his supporters. It's probably True, boomer sure doesn't believe it isn't. So take that!
Geez.....”corroborating the DOSSIER’S claims”. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t an other evidence to support the awarding of the FISA, does it?

@WVUCOOPER , are you "pissed"? yeah, right.
Hey THE don't you remember a few months back when Coop and all the rest were predicting solid evidence would emerge proving Trump "colluded" with the Russians? Why aren't they all still saying that now?

What changed? I thought it was an open and shut case that Mueller would easily prove through his investigation. The evidence was everywhere. What happened to it, and their claims? Russians?

Yup...quite imaginative minds they have over there at National Review, Free Beacon, Washington Post and Reuters huh OM1?

I think the difference between the right and left press is that over the last 5-6 years (or since I have been hanging around the conspiracy theory folks at work) is that the left will actually report the news. You might have to dig for it in the case of the Hillary emails but it is there. The right just makes up wild claims and when they can't support that claim any longer, it dies on the vine. Pizza joint story is exhibit A. Yes I am generalizing but that is my view.

Geez.....”corroborating the DOSSIER’S claims”. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t an other evidence to support the awarding of the FISA, does it?

separating it into pieces parts and removing additional clauses so you might comprehend...

Indeed, the documents we have reviewed show that the FBI took important investigative steps largely based on Mr. Steele's information. Specifically, on October 21, 2016, the FBI filed its first warrant application under FISA for Carter Page.

The bulk of the application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier. The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page, although it does cite a news article that appears to be sourced to Mr. Steele's dossier as well.

No not all boom...just that THE posted a whole series of steps in this thread that have to be followed in order to get a FISA warrant approved and no one the Left can point to where that dossier meets any of those requirments let alone all of them!

Can you?

Hey THE don't you remember a few months back when Coop and all the rest were predicting solid evidence would emerge proving Trump "colluded" with the Russians? Why aren't they all still saying that now?

What changed? I thought it was an open and shut case that Mueller would easily prove through his investigation. The evidence was everywhere. What happened to it, and their claims? Russians?
Did Coop say that? I know I didn’t. I said I thought he did, but I had no proof.....and that I didn’t think any proof would ever be found.

I think the difference between the right and left press is that over the last 5-6 years (or since I have been hanging around the conspiracy theory folks at work) is that the left will actually report the news. You might have to dig for it in the case of the Hillary emails but it is there. The right just makes up wild claims and when they can't support that claim any longer, it dies on the vine. Pizza joint story is exhibit A. Yes I am generalizing but that is my view.

So is that why we're not hearing about the testimony of the former FBI informant who resigned after being in charge of verifying documentation on that dossier that was presented to the court? Oh you haven't heard about him? It's all over the "right wing" fake news. Even 82 linked to it earlier. You should read more, especially the stuff 82 posts. He's weeks ahead of CNN...they still haven't reported yet on Nunes' memo.

Last edited:
No, because it doesn't say what you think it says. Easy fix: release the warrant application.

Oh course not, nor did I expect you to be. I typed it exactly as it states, and it says exactly that.

You're stuck in your Never-Trumper narrative.

Did Coop say that? I know I didn’t. I said I thought he did, but I had no proof.....and that I didn’t think any proof would ever be found.

I know. I said when Mueller doesn't find any proof of Trump's collusion, you all would deny you even suggested he (Trump) did it or that the evidence is still out there but Mueller just can't prove it yet.

Bingo.

No not all boom...just that THE posted a whole series of steps in this thread that have to be followed in order to get a FISA warrant approved and no one the Left can point to where that dossier meets any of those requirments let alone all of them!

Can you?
I’ll answer that foolishness with three simple questions:

-Was the dossier the only evidence used to secure the FISA?
-Was the portions of the dossier used in the FISA application verified by the FBI?
-Do you think the FISA court was in on the deepstate conspiracy to “spy” on Trump?

Oh course not, not did I expect you to be. I typed it exactly as it states, and it says exactly that.

No it doesn't THE. You know you "doctored" what you typed just to make Coop and boomer look bad. They don't believe you and I don't either. Prove it! I'm with them!

Last edited:
No you didn't THE. You know you "doctored" what you types just to make Coop and boomer look bad. they don't believe you and I don't either. Prove it!

Bolded part is the bottom of page 2 of Grassley's declassified letter. The standard text is from various parts throughout the document. I put it in the order I wanted it.

Oh course not, nor did I expect you to be. I typed it exactly as it states, and it says exactly that.

I know that Comey said that the most varacious claims of the dossier were unverified....and that letter seemed to chop that statement up pretty good to fit a narrative

THE, do you believe the FISA court is a part of the deepstate conspiracy?

No you didn't THE. You know you "doctored" what you types just to make Coop and boomer look bad. they don't believe you and I don't either. Prove it!
Youre like the little dog that bounces around Spike — find some substance would ya

Last edited:

According to Grassley, dossier contents made up a bulk of the warrant application

-Was the portions of the dossier used in the FISA application verified by the FBI?

According to Grassley, no.

-Do you think the FISA court was in on the deepstate conspiracy to “spy” on Trump?

On Trump? not directly, those talking to Page at that time, which wouldn't be Trump. Trump is another ballgame altogether.

1) It was the primary piece of information supported by phony media stories fed to it by Steele who was the original author of the fake dossier done so to lend credibility of it (Dossier) to the court. We haven't seen or heard of any other corroborrating evidence.

2) No, but I think they (FISA court judges) were deliberatley misled and very uncurious about why we needed to spy on an official election campaign? Why they weren't more curious I'm not sure, but I assume they thought the FBI was on the up and up requesting that warrant.

3) I don't think the FBI cared how much of that dossier was true or not. They needed to get Trump, and they had to spy on him in order to get him and they needed that warrant approved in order to spy on him so anything that helped them get that warrant to spy on him was all they thought they needed to get him. Remember, we weren't supposed to know about any of this because Hillary wasn't supposed to lose. When she lost, they had to cover their tracks and get rid of Trump for real. They were cashing in their "insurance" policy.

I know that Comey said that the most varacious claims of the dossier were unverified....and that letter seemed to chop that statement up pretty good to fit a narrative

THE, do you believe the FISA court is a part of the deepstate conspiracy?

The judge that approved that FISA warrant was the same judge yanked from Flynn. The judge didn't recuse himself from Flynn.

Your like the little dog that bounces around Spike — find some substance would ya

I'm following your lead boomer. I believe nothing no matter where it comes from. THE probably faked that whole thing he typed. I want proof, just like you!

And you're stuck in your Trump fellatin narrative. What does the Page FISA have to do with Trump? You seem triggered. That's a different conversation.

The Grassley and Graham memo attacks the source, not the information the source provided. It raises great questions....it doesn't answer them.

separating it into pieces parts and removing additional clauses so you might comprehend...

Indeed, the documents we have reviewed show that the FBI took important investigative steps largely based on Mr. Steele's information. Specifically, on October 21, 2016, the FBI filed its first warrant application under FISA for Carter Page.

The bulk of the application consists of allegations against Page that were disclosed to the FBI by Mr. Steele and are also outlined in the Steele dossier. The application appears to contain no additional information corroborating the dossier allegations against Mr. Page, although it does cite a news article that appears to be sourced to Mr. Steele's dossier as well.

Largely does not equal completely.

Did you notice the FISA application was October 2016? One month AFTER the other trial I already posted?

Poof! All up in smoke.... kinda like that Secret Society.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT