ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Brown on CBS Sports Radio

Neal, Gee and Alsop are the real embarrassments to WVU, including what is going on now. Huggins at least gave something back. Gee didnt take the time that any person with common sense would've taken, to consider all things before making a decision to force Huggs retirement. If he would have, all this could've been avoided. If WVU did even a tiny thing wrong via any kind of contract language or whatever, they deserve taken to the cleaners over it by Huggins and his lawyers and there is no doubt about it.

Neal, Gee and Alsop are the real embarrassments to WVU, including what is going on now. Huggins at least gave something back. Gee didnt take the time that any person with common sense would've taken, to consider all things before making a decision to force Huggs retirement. If he would have, all this could've been avoided. If WVU did even a tiny thing wrong via any kind of contract language or whatever, they deserve taken to the cleaners over it by Huggins and his lawyers and there is no doubt about it.
What is embarrassing is that we have people on here still trying to defend this guy after his irresponsible behavior. You still defend the guy who professed his love for the university but now craps all over it. Keep doubling down on stupid if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
What is embarrassing is that we have people on here still trying to defend this guy after his irresponsible behavior. You still defend the guy who professed his love for the university but now craps all over it. Keep doubling down on stupid if it makes you feel better.

I dont believe you actually care about Huggins DUI or his radio comments and I never will. Even if I did, it doesnt change the fact that if Huggins can suffer consequences when he does something wrong, WVU can too. Does that bother you, that WVU can also pay for their mistakes? If they messed up, they deserve to pay and its not Huggins fault for making it an embarrassing moment if it turns out that WVU did something wrong, which is kind of looks like it did. WVU made that an embarrassing moment. No need to get pissed at Huggins for suing them if they did something sue worthy.

I dont believe you actually care about Huggins DUI or his radio comments and I never will. Even if I did, it doesnt change the fact that if Huggins can suffer consequences when he does something wrong, WVU can too. Does that bother you, that WVU can also pay for their mistakes? If they messed up, they deserve to pay and its not Huggins fault for making it an embarrassing moment if it turns out that WVU did something wrong, which is kind of looks like it did. WVU made that an embarrassing moment. No need to get pissed at Huggins for suing them if they did something sue worthy.
Embarrassing for WVU because they accepted his resignation? Good lord lol.

There you again making ascertains that wvu somehow screwed up in this process without providing any proof to the contrary. The Wvu legal team has released a detailed account of how they have handled this. People have posted opinions on other sites from legal journals that have reviewed Huggins claims and they all claim his case is weak. I think the problem with you is you hate Gee so much that you automatically assume every decision he makes is wrong.

If wvu wanted to take this a step further maybe, they should sue him for destruction of university property. The Pittsburgh police said he was driving on a shredded tire hard to believe there wasn't any damage to the rim. Maybe he broke the navigation system in the vehicle considering he thought he was in Columbus.

If wvu wanted to take this a step further maybe, they should sue him for destruction of university property. The Pittsburgh police said he was driving on a shredded tire hard to believe there wasn't any damage to the rim. Maybe he broke the navigation system in the vehicle considering he thought he was in Columbus.
You would think a rational person in a similar circumstance would issue an apology to WVU and seek forgiveness. The fact he is choosing to destroy the university is troubling. I wonder if the disease of alcoholism has taken over. And that’s sad. Someone should’ve stepped in earlier.

If Huggins lawyers are correct and WVU broke the contract somehow then yes, this is on WVU. If it turns out Huggins people are wrong then it's on them. Pretty simple concept really.

The longer Gee stays as president of the University, the worse the situation keeps evolving into. With major programs like engineering, law, et al that actually pay what the degree is worth, being under review, that screams the University has major issues. That is ALL on Gee and the Board of Governors. It is high time the West Virginia Legislature gets their hands on it.

The longer Gee stays as president of the University, the worse the situation keeps evolving into. With major programs like engineering, law, et al that actually pay what the degree is worth, being under review, that screams the University has major issues. That is ALL on Gee and the Board of Governors. It is high time the West Virginia Legislature gets their hands on it.
Exactly. There are major issues at WVU. Sports are not the only thing on the downfall. Time for new leadership, and that means all of the BOG, imo.

You would think a rational person in a similar circumstance would issue an apology to WVU and seek forgiveness. The fact he is choosing to destroy the university is troubling. I wonder if the disease of alcoholism has taken over. And that’s sad. Someone should’ve stepped in earlier.
How many people who gets DUI's are in a similar circumstance as Huggs? Its not even close. It was viral on Twitter 10 minutes after it happened. People all over the internet are suddenly legal experts and alcohol counselors lol. If you got a DUI, at least you get to enjoy it in peace. It wouldnt go viral on twitter and espn and wv metro news, etc, etc, etc. You would most likely not lose your job either. You would just pay your fines, blow in the tube and get back to your life. Huggins has been nothing but bombarded since it happened from all sides of everything in ways that you wouldnt even be able to wrap your head around.

How many people who gets DUI's are in a similar circumstance as Huggs? Its not even close. It was viral on Twitter 10 minutes after it happened. People all over the internet are suddenly legal experts and alcohol counselors lol. If you got a DUI, at least you get to enjoy it in peace. It wouldnt go viral on twitter and espn and wv metro news, etc, etc, etc. You would most likely not lose your job either. You would just pay your fines, blow in the tube and get back to your life. Huggins has been nothing but bombarded since it happened from all sides of everything in ways that you wouldnt even be able to wrap your head around.
“People all over the internet are suddenly legal experts and alcohol counselors lol.”

Are you saying the VP of WVU Legal Counsel is not a legal expert?

“You would most likely not lose your job either”

Actually, I would lose my license as a healthcare provider

Maybe you need to educate yourself on the situation. You only have an elementary grasp and understanding of the current events.

“People all over the internet are suddenly legal experts and alcohol counselors lol.”

Are you saying the VP of WVU Legal Counsel is not a legal expert?

“You would most likely not lose your job either”

Actually, I would lose my license as a healthcare provider

Maybe you need to educate yourself on the situation. You only have an elementary grasp and understanding of the current events.
You don't have to lie about it man. There's no guarantee you would lose your Healthcare license. If the district attorney decided to turn you into the medical board you would go under review and they could potentially take your license away but they probably wouldn't for the first offense at least. But you can stay on your high horse all you want. I really don't give a s*** lol. But that doesn't mean I think you're genuine or believe you

You don't have to lie about it man. There's no guarantee you would lose your Healthcare license. If the district attorney decided to turn you into the medical board you would go under review and they could potentially take your license away but they probably wouldn't for the first offense at least. But you can stay on your high horse all you want. I really don't give a s*** lol. But that doesn't mean I think you're genuine or believe you
Not lying. What I stated is factual. Stop pretending like you know anything and let the experts handle this.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
The average people you're talking about screwing up are not making millions of dollars a year. With great salary comes great responsibility (and great scrutiny), and he was already on notice after being a drunken buffoon on the radio when he chose to get s--tfaced in a city where the Morgantown and campus police weren't covering up for him as they have so many times in the past. He shouldn't have been allowed to resign, which he clearly did. His fat, drunk and stupid ass should've been fired. If he somehow wins a lawsuit (I'm betting there's a settlement to be negotiated), I will have even less faith in our legal system than I already have.

The average people you're talking about screwing up are not making millions of dollars a year. With great salary comes great responsibility (and great scrutiny), and he was already on notice after being a drunken buffoon on the radio when he chose to get s--tfaced in a city where the Morgantown and campus police weren't covering up for him as they have so many times in the past. He shouldn't have been allowed to resign, which he clearly did. His fat, drunk and stupid ass should've been fired. If he somehow wins a lawsuit (I'm betting there's a settlement to be negotiated), I will have even less faith in our legal system than I already have.
You are obviously an angry guy/gal. A Huggins hater who cant even make a post without calling him names. Anyways, your opinion means about as much as a dried turd to me dudette.

This isn't Huggin's 1st Dui it's his 2nd A responsible person would have learned his lesson the 1st time. The university could no longer trust this guy. For the life of me I can't understand why you do he has been crapping all over the place he claims to love. Looks like wvu wasn't as close to his heart as he claimed.

This isn't Huggin's 1st Dui it's his 2nd A responsible person would have learned his lesson the 1st time. The university could no longer trust this guy. For the life of me I can't understand why you do he has been crapping all over the place he claims to love. Looks like wvu wasn't as close to his heart as he claimed.
I won't defend him 'at all' but people with addiction issues always seem to choose the addiction over the things they love. That's what makes it so painful for the families. I have no doubt that Bob loves WVU and the state but he can't manage to stop drinking and that's going to lead to poor decisions and embarrassment for everyone.

I won't defend him 'at all' but people with addiction issues always seem to choose the addiction over the things they love. That's what makes it so painful for the families. I have no doubt that Bob loves WVU and the state but he can't manage to stop drinking and that's going to lead to poor decisions and embarrassment for everyone.
I agree with your point of view. The only real blame I might put on the university is those that have enabled his behavior. I think this has been going on for quite a while now. I understand it's hard to intervene in someone's poor lifestyle choices until it directly affects your business.

I agree with your point of view. The only real blame I might put on the university is those that have enabled his behavior. I think this has been going on for quite a while now. I understand it's hard to intervene in someone's poor lifestyle choices until it directly affects your business.
They did make the mistake and it's interesting that after all they did to hide his issues he turned on them when the pressure was on. But honestly I've been told to expect that for the last several years. And here we are.

Huggins has personal issues I get it. I just dont view him as anything but a coach and dont see what it has to do with his job coaching. I knew a dude who was absolutely crazy bipolar and everything else who held a very good job at Mylan a long time. He was good at his job despite his demons. There are functional drunks and non-functional drunks. There are druggies, pill heads and everything else. The fact is, it seems like over 50% of grown men are on something these days and it sucks. Bjut for me, that doesnt change the fact that I dont care of Huggins sues WVU is they did something wrong, especially agfter they forced him out, which I dont agree with.

I hope he actually sobers up and gets back into coaching somewhere. I dont think it will be here, but I wish it were. If I were Gee or Baker, no way would I have forced him out that fast. Too hasty and quick. Not saying the end result would change much, just think it could've been handled differently. The real problem with all of it, imo, is the media and fake outrage that I see everywhere. It why its is embarrassing because some folks in the media love to drama talk and speculate. It sucks. Maybe Im jaded growing up in Morgantown and knowing so many people who have DUIs lol. I dont view it the same as others apparently lol

Huggins has personal issues I get it. I just dont view him as anything but a coach and dont see what it has to do with his job coaching. I knew a dude who was absolutely crazy bipolar and everything else who held a very good job at Mylan a long time. He was good at his job despite his demons. There are functional drunks and non-functional drunks. There are druggies, pill heads and everything else. The fact is, it seems like over 50% of grown men are on something these days and it sucks. Bjut for me, that doesnt change the fact that I dont care of Huggins sues WVU is they did something wrong, especially agfter they forced him out, which I dont agree with.
They forced him out because he lost their trust. Whether you think the radio incident was blown out of proportion is of no consequence. He should have been on his best behavior and laying low after that. It's pretty clear that Huggins has passed the threshold from being a functional to a nonfunctional alcoholic. I wouldn't say 50% of grown men are on something please provide proof of that. Stop blaming the media he brought this problem on himself. Huggins has had too many people in his life that have enabled him for far too long and you're seeing the end result of it.

They forced him out because he lost their trust. Whether you think the radio incident was blown out of proportion is of no consequence. He should have been on his best behavior and laying low after that. It's pretty clear that Huggins has passed the threshold from being a functional to a nonfunctional alcoholic. I wouldn't say 50% of grown men are on something please provide proof of that. Stop blaming the media he brought this problem on himself. Huggins has had too many people in his life that have enabled him for far too long and you're seeing the end result of it.
You lost me on your first sentence. They forced him out because of the media and virtue signaling and fake outrage. It was just damage control it had nothing to do with trust or anything, which is why its bullshit to me. I have been around too many people to believe any of this garbage. I highly doubt Gordon Gee gives a rats ass about Huggins DUI. He only cares about the bad press and cancel culture mob. Gee doesnt even want to fire Huggins, he is just afraid not to because of the cancel mob.

Let’s say we take your side of the debate and look at the body of work. At this point, It’s debatable if Huggins is even great at his job. The last 4 years there has clearly been a regression in the program. The team hasn’t been winning, top players keep leaving due to conflicts with Huggins. Example: Oscar T. Why did they leave and have success elsewhere? Could Huggins be the problem? I agree with Voorhees, it’s obvious he’s past the point of a functional alcoholic and is now a nonfunctioning alcoholic.

Let’s say we take your side of the debate and look at the body of work. At this point, It’s debatable if Huggins is even great at his job. The last 4 years there has clearly been a regression in the program. The team hasn’t been winning, top players keep leaving due to conflicts with Huggins. Example: Oscar T. Why did they leave and have success elsewhere? Could Huggins be the problem? I agree with Voorhees, it’s obvious he’s past the point of a functional alcoholic and is now a nonfunctioning alcoholic.
Ah, now you admit to how you really feel about Huggins. No shocker there man. I have no issues with the folks who wanted Huggins gone because they dont think he is cutting it as a coach. But I have zero doubts that if someone you loved got a DUI, your take on what should happen to them would be much different than it is with Huggins, and the reason is because you dont like him as a coach and probably dont care much about him at all. So why waste time debating this topic lol.

You lost me on your first sentence. They forced him out because of the media and virtue signaling and fake outrage. It was just damage control it had nothing to do with trust or anything, which is why its bullshit to me. I have been around too many people to believe any of this garbage. I highly doubt Gordon Gee gives a rats ass about Huggins DUI. He only cares about the bad press and cancel culture mob. Gee doesnt even want to fire Huggins, he is just afraid not to because of the cancel mob.
There is no fake outrage he lost the trust of the university with his behavior. Your reaction is totally over the top. The guy has demonstrated a total disregard for responsible behavior. Your attitude towards Huggins is the type that enabled this to happen.

Ah, now you admit to how you really feel about Huggins. No shocker there man. I have no issues with the folks who wanted Huggins gone because they dont think he is cutting it as a coach. But I have zero doubts that if someone you loved got a DUI, your take on what should happen to them would be much different than it is with Huggins, and the reason is because you dont like him as a coach and probably dont care much about him at all. So why waste time debating this topic lol.
And you would be wrong to assume that. Before all this, I was very much a fan of Huggins. Again, you are turning a blind eye to his behavior simply because he is a legendary coach who came back to WVU. You forget he is human and makes mistakes. Your loyalty can be appreciated but your ignorance of accountability is not. Based on facts we know, the guy has a drinking problem and clearly unable to stop at this point in his life. I’m not sure how or why you feel he is still capable of his coaching abilities to lead a D1 basketball program who mentors kids. Huggins retirement is probably best for him and absolutely the best for the university. We can appreciate his efforts to lead the Mountaineers and everything he did for the school, players, and fans. We cannot appreciate his behavior today. Choosing to ignore it is not helping Bob whatsoever. If you remove your fan goggles and look at him as a human being in need of help, you would understand this. Obviously all you care about is the WVU basketball program and how his departure may hurt WVU. I’m more concerned with his health.

And you would be wrong to assume that. Before all this, I was very much a fan of Huggins. Again, you are turning a blind eye to his behavior simply because he is a legendary coach who came back to WVU. You forget he is human and makes mistakes. Your loyalty can be appreciated but your ignorance of accountability is not. Based on facts we know, the guy has a drinking problem and clearly unable to stop at this point in his life. I’m not sure how or why you feel he is still capable of his coaching abilities to lead a D1 basketball program who mentors kids. Huggins retirement is probably best for him and absolutely the best for the university. We can appreciate his efforts to lead the Mountaineers and everything he did for the school, players, and fans. We cannot appreciate his behavior today. Choosing to ignore it is not helping Bob whatsoever. If you remove your fan goggles and look at him as a human being in need of help, you would understand this. Obviously all you care about is the WVU basketball program and how his departure may hurt WVU. I’m more concerned with his health.
I hear what you're saying, but honestly for me its not really loyalty to Huggins even. If he wasnt cutting it as a coach, which is debatable these last few years and I get that, then fire him, and I do believe he had earned being on the hot seat in recent years, but I think he had us moving in a really good direction the last year. But anyways that is beside the point. I just never agreed to hold players and coaches to higher standards in their personal lives than we do public servants and most people really. I think it began on ESPN when they got emotional and started reporting on the personal lives of players and coaches. The Jerry Springer effect went into full swing and it hasnt stopped since. The way I see it, despite how much money they make, they are just entertainers, in the form of athletes and coaches. They are not moral role models for anyone. Whoever came up with that idea is stupid, imo. Watching the internet pound on their chest blabbering about how "Bob Huggins cant possibly coach at WVU anymore. Omg he is done, they must 100% fire him or else!!!" And stuff like that just doesnt do anything for me. I mean, fire him or else what? You really think he cant coach because he drinks? He's been doing it his entire adult life and is a hall of famer. Do we need our basketball coaches to have less demons than an average catholic priest, or a cop, or any of our cousins, or the grocery store manager, etc, etc? I dont see it and never have.

Last edited:
With all the finger pointing going on, I have one question. Where was the family in all this?
He was supposed to of been with his brother that day at a camp. Knowing what the brother must of been aware of (probation for the radio mess) and past/present/future drinking problem, he should have been more concerned with his brother.
His daughter posted on social media that her dad doesn’t have a drinking problem? Someone needs some tough love, not a free pass to destruction. But I get it, I have a daughter and I am sure she would defend me as well by ignoring my faults.
I do not have any idea of his wife and their relationship so I’m not going to comment on her.

Huggins’s contract was amended and his salary cut by 1 million and stipulations that he was assessed an array of sanctions: a three-game suspension, a salary reduction of $1 million and a change in his contract status to year-to-year.

Bob Huggins has tarnished himself to the point where his career will end in a blazing fire, not a blaze of glory. He only has himself to blame for that.

This had the makings of Huggins’s final season anyway. Sadly, it could have been a special one. He recruited the best collection of transfers in the nation, loading up the roster for one last big run in 2023-24.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT