ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Finals ratings down badly. Pro sports crumbling

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
NFL, NBA, MLB and pro sports entirely are falling slowly but surely. Bad attitudes, unmarketable jerkbag players, millennial idiot athletes, no respect for flag, overpaid, overatted......they over market these clowns and it’s getting old and annoying. People are flat out losing interest. Pro sports suck. NBA has sucked for last 20 years. NBA will be dead dog in next 5 years. It’s coming. Big drop coming. NFL will also continue to slip.

3/4 of America just prefers college and high school sports really. Much better.

Big money sports will fall in next 5-10 years. College teams will be forced to lessen travel and get back to regional rivals. The overpriced tickets and overpriced game experience will hurt the games, sports in long run. It’s coming people.

Reactions: Rootmaster
With audience fragmentation sports is one entity that can reach the most people period. Do you realize in Pittsburgh when the steelers are playing half the people watching tv are tuned to the steelers, pens playoff games get that same result. When people have 1000 channels to watch, and can stream the choices for entertainment are endless yet sports still gets people's attemtion like no other programming.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
NFL, NBA, MLB and pro sports entirely are falling slowly but surely. Bad attitudes, unmarketable jerkbag players, millennial idiot athletes, no respect for flag, overpaid, overatted......they over market these clowns and it’s getting old and annoying. People are flat out losing interest. Pro sports suck. NBA has sucked for last 20 years. NBA will be dead dog in next 5 years. It’s coming. Big drop coming. NFL will also continue to slip.

Big money sports will fall in next 5-10 years. College teams will be forced to lessen travel and get back to regional rivals. The overpriced tickets and overpriced game experience will hurt the games, sports in long run. It’s coming people.

Is cut and paste your thing?

So what you're saying is WVU will get kicked out of Big 12 and become an independent.

NBA finals ratings terrible. Disaster coming. Only a few northeast markets keeping pro sports above water. The worst has yet to come. Big money sports are going to slip. People are getting bored, annoyed, disinterested.

Reactions: Rootmaster
NBA finals ratings terrible. Disaster coming. Only a few northeast markets keeping pro sports above water. The worst has yet to come. Big money sports are going to slip. People are getting bored, annoyed, disinterested.

Hey did you hear States are good to go for opening sports book? Some are doing it as i post. You may want to wait a decade or two before your epic Nostradamus fail.

Same feelings I get with threads like this.

Except for Game 4, title series ratings were up 7% over 2017 for the 5 games. Team down 0-3 is the reason the Game 4 ratings were down; not lack of interest.

We can only hope that the posters feelings become reality and that these overpaid, pampered child men have to have a talent like real people lol.

No the NBA finals ratings were down and bad from game 1-4. Nice try your the only NBA fan left.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
It looks like the salary cap in the NHL is going to increase anywhere from 5-7 million for 2018-2019 and viewership was up over this past regular season and playoffs so I would say that pro hockey health is trending up. To each his own but for those of you who don't follow hockey, you might want to give it a try - the athletes/coaches get paid considerably less than the other major sports leagues and divas are few and far between when compared to the NFL, NBA, etc.

Pride304...better jump on a train. I hear there's a RB in NJ that needs scouted. Maybe leave your kid with a complete stranger to do so? [thumbsup]

I haven't watched an NBA game in several years. I prefer college football, basketball and pro hockey.

That being said, NBA basketball is growing fastest amongst the most important age group - millennials. That is why ABC/ESN overpaid for it.

NBA won’t grow with anybody. NBA will fall slowly but surely over next 5 years. Even millennial idiots won’t follow long and most dont anyway. The USA population is up big time and the country is booming in all the major cities and the NBA is not growing in interest. NHL could hold steady because people have grown tired of the bad attitude thug athletes in the NFL and NBA.

NBA finals ratings were horrible. That’s because the NBA is dead and has been for a long time. NFL is headed down slowly but surely as well. But the NBA is really dead. Everybody knows the NBA is a joke. Boring.

The only thing boring is your threads of how much you hate NBA and other pro sports. As long as the there is money the leagues will never die. You lose again.

Well Allen that might be his point...the current income system for the distribution of the product is struggling to say the least.

Or it could be more along the lines of saturation of the College, NFL and NBA games.

WVUAllen must be young. Dude who do you know who likes the NBA? It’s been a joke of a league for years. Nobody grown with kids watches that crap. Again pro sports will continue to dip. Bad attitude idiots, thugs, overpaid, overhyped, bad product.....social media also exposing the idiot pro athletes. The money will decline. It’s coming. Most I’ve talked to around USA agree pro sports are becoming a joke.

The melinial, thug new age athletes are not marketable like athletes of years past. Pro sports will fall. People are losing interest in pro sports.

The melinial, thug new age athletes are not marketable like athletes of years past. Pro sports will fall. People are losing interest in pro sports.

You ought to join the premium side. I think your insight would be amazing on the blue lot. I would enjoy you schooling a few people over there with your unique observations and facts.

WVUAllen must be young. Dude who do you know who likes the NBA? It’s been a joke of a league for years. Nobody grown with kids watches that crap. Again pro sports will continue to dip. Bad attitude idiots, thugs, overpaid, overhyped, bad product.....social media also exposing the idiot pro athletes. The money will decline. It’s coming. Most I’ve talked to around USA agree pro sports are becoming a joke.

I personally don't care in the slightest about the NBA but I do care about knowing about a subject if I'm talking about it and the NBA is doing fine in the ratings. Yes, young people watch it more than old but from an advertisers perspective that's considered a good thing. Young people are forming buying habits that they'll keep for a long time whereas the buying habits of old people are already entrenched.

http://adage.com/article/media/nba-ratings/311486/

NBA finals ratings were horrible. That’s because the NBA is dead and has been for a long time. NFL is headed down slowly but surely as well. But the NBA is really dead. Everybody knows the NBA is a joke. Boring.
Does Oliver Luck still get his $20 million?

I have a friend who agrees with WVUpride304. He won't watch pro sports because the athletes make more money than he does.

Young people out grow young habits eventually. Most people who watch NBA at 18 years of age won’t watch NBA at 30-35 and up. The average NBA fan is young and African American. Other than that it’s a dead dog. Nobody else watches NBA except young African Americans. NBA has struggled ratings wise for most of last 20 years. Fact.

Grown men don’t follow NBA.

Young people out grow young habits eventually. Most people who watch NBA at 18 years of age won’t watch NBA at 30-35 and up. The average NBA fan is young and African American. Other than that it’s a dead dog. Nobody else watches NBA except young African Americans. NBA has struggled ratings wise for most of last 20 years. Fact.

Grown men don’t follow NBA.

Asserting the same 2 opinions as undeniable truths over and over again is very persuasive. Keep it up and ignore those haters who use numbers and pesky facts to try and hold you down.

No the NBA finals ratings were down and bad from game 1-4. Nice try your the only NBA fan left.
1. Not an NBA fan. A LeBron fan, both on and off the court.
2. Game 4 ratings were down 15% from Game 3. Team down 0-3 and an early blowout will do that any year.
3. Games 1 and 2 ratings were off only slightly from 2017 because Cavs still were in it, viewers thought.
Google it yourself if you don't believe me. I did. I don't make up shit. As a veteran reporter and sportswriter I look up my information then go where it takes me.
Some people just make up crap to sound impressive when all they do is have egg on their face.
Total series ratings were worse in 4 years, but 4-game sweep and Game 4 blowout surely had SOMETHING to do with that.
I prefer to watch WVU play basketball, by the way. NBA reminds me too much of WWF/Arena Football combination. But facts are facts even when they aren't what you want them to be.
Don't mess with a professional. Amateur hackers get whacked when they do. You are a case in point.

giphy.gif

You ought to join the premium side. I think your insight would be amazing on the blue lot. I would enjoy you schooling a few people over there with your unique observations and facts.

I don’t think he’s allowed back on the Blue Lot after he accused Keenan of stealing his money and purposefully under-reporting on Crest so Will would fail here at WVU

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT