ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Lyons statement on football program

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Statement from WVU Director of Athletics Shane Lyons on the Mountaineer football program:

“Dana Holgorsen will return as our head football coach in 2016. After evaluating our football program after the close of the regular season, I believe that continuity is best for our program.

“I know that Dana, his staff and everyone who supports Mountaineer football was disappointed with how our regular season ended, following a four-game winning streak.

“Dana and I will continue to work together to strengthen our football program. No one wants to win more than Dana and I, and we will work together to ensure success.”

Reactions: dunnfad1
Statement from WVU Director of Athletics Shane Lyons on the Mountaineer football program:

“Dana Holgorsen will return as our head football coach in 2016. After evaluating our football program after the close of the regular season, I believe that continuity is best for our program.

“I know that Dana, his staff and everyone who supports Mountaineer football was disappointed with how our regular season ended, following a four-game winning streak.

“Dana and I will continue to work together to strengthen our football program. No one wants to win more than Dana and I, and we will work together to ensure success.”
then Lyons needs to do the right thing; offer him an extension. It's hurting recruiting.

Like with Rontavuous Groves who was so close to committing over summer? Or maybe Adrian Killins a burner from Fl who is versitile. Therran Coleman, Khaleke Hudson, & Ferns all seen sideshow we put out as a marketable product. This move by Lyons isn't to show confidence, its to save 8-10 million. No buyout next year. Only delaying the inevitable

Like with Rontavuous Groves who was so close to committing over summer? Or maybe Adrian Killins a burner from Fl who is versitile. Therran Coleman, Khaleke Hudson, & Ferns all seen sideshow we put out as a marketable product. This move by Lyons isn't to show confidence, its to save 8-10 million. No buyout next year. Only delaying the inevitable
good then Holgorsen can go somewhere where people understand the difference between a qb draw and a qb power play. And this program can hire someone who likely will do worse in this league.

then Lyons needs to do the right thing; offer him an extension. It's hurting recruiting.
We have 20-some verbals already. It's not hurting anything. Contacts don't mean squat anyway, kids know that. If he wins, he will get an extension. Nonsense in doing that now and handcuffing ourselves to Dana until he proves it. He needs 9 wins next year

Buyout and timing saved Holgorsen. I was ready to move on but I will support the decision Lyons has made. Now we can all get ready for the bowl game and 2016. This season will be make or break for Dana. I want him to succeed, but I want WVU to succeed more if that's with Dana great. If not find someone who will.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC
Buyout and timing saved Holgorsen. I was ready to move on but I will support the decision Lyons has made. Now we can all get ready for the bowl game and 2016. This season will be make or break for Dana. I want him to succeed, but I want WVU to succeed more if that's with Dana great. If not find someone who will.
My thoughts exactly!!

Reactions: VaultHunter
It should be a fun morning, WiiWii.

Any odds on who goes through the roof first, or is too early for the morning line to be out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT