ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Liberty Bowl: West Virginia football vs. Army

I really like Ford-Wheaton running his yap after the PI call, doing his best to get an unsportsmanlike flag thrown to offset the flags and give WVU a 4th down instead of a 1st.

Win or lose, it's rather easy to not really care if this team succeeds.

Gheeeez! Army doesn't even try to return kickoffs and we kick it out of bounds after getting the lead.

Well congrats! We just beat a bunch of brave young men that will be on America's front lines, keeping us safe from the evil s of the world, and a few may even get KIA....

Would be nice if we actually had a fullback who could line up in front of Brown and be a lead blocker.

Kendall deserved the Player of the Game. He may have only completed about 50% of his passes, but he had 5 drops also, and pressured Army defense by throwing it downfield.

Reactions: WVUALLEN and mofo
Much respect to Army. Hard nosed, giving a portion of or maybe even the ultimate sacrifice for us.
Glad we somehow came back to win, but best wishes to all the Cadets.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Army. WVU should have have won by 21 with ease.

Fans Hated Kendall more than Doege. So Kendall comes in wins the game and gives hating WVU fans a one finger salute!

Excellent half time adjustment. Kendall 8 - 17 with 5 drops but 2 TDs. Doege's eyes were huge, a sign of panic. In crisis situations, panic will get you killed. Tunnel vision and auditory occlusion sets in and you have no chance.

A win is better than a loss, but that wasn't pretty. 5-7 to 6-4 is good but unless we change something I don't think it's going to get better.

I simply can't understand Doege not trying to move more. I've seen him run before and he's not immobile and yet he stands back there like he's Tom Brady, except Tom Brady throws the ball away when he has to. Just MOVE. It was a breath of fresh air when Kendall got in there and evaded the pass rush and then found an open WR (and then overthrew the WR, but hey, as least he got the first two parts right).

Who is our QB in 2021? I'm genuinely curious.

And why is Legg not kicking FGs? As I recall he made them all except one and the one miss was when WVU tried to get cute and not bring the FG unit on until the last second and thus everything was hurried.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Kendall deserved the Player of the Game. He may have only completed about 50% of his passes, but he had 5 drops also, and pressured Army defense by throwing it downfield.

14 total drops in the game. A fatal fumble by Doege before the half nearly lost it all. Army never passes and WVU never covers a TE.

Should have been a blowout win for WVU but I'll take the 24-21 because it's a win.

Reactions: RAK
A win is better than a loss, but that wasn't pretty. 5-7 to 6-4 is good but unless we change something I don't think it's going to get better.

I simply can't understand Doege not trying to move more. I've seen him run before and he's not immobile and yet he stands back there like he's Tom Brady, except Tom Brady throws the ball away when he has to. Just MOVE. It was a breath of fresh air when Kendall got in there and evaded the pass rush and then found an open WR (and then overthrew the WR, but hey, as least he got the first two parts right).

And why is Legg not kicking FGs? As I recall he made them all except one and the one miss was when WVU tried to get cute and not bring the FG unit on until the last second and thus everything was hurried.

Kendall has a quicker release.

I don't think next year's starter at QB played today. We actually found a way to win a freakin' bowl game again!

I find it incredible that we had 280 yards passing with the number of drops we had. Doesnt seem possible.

Give Brown credit for these things:

1. Game plan was pretty good
2. Making the change at QB when things were not going well- That would not have happened under DH
3. Going for it and trying to win the game.

It seemed like he was all in to win the game. Maybe Covid changed the focus of not partying the whole time at the bowl game and actually playing a game, but it did seem like he really wanted to win.

And Army is much better than they get credit for. If they ever get a passer as well as runners, they could be really dangerous to a lot more teams.

Love it when all of the idiots come out of the woodwork when we're down and scurry off like a bunch of roaches when we win. A win is a win, and Kendall bringing it home was a good story.
No you're right, what an unbelievable victory against a top flight program!

Not one person should ever be critical of Brown it's not his fault wrs are not developing. It's not his fault we don't run into a 6 man box. It's not his fault when a player makes a stupid penalty. It's not his fault they kick it out of bounds after taking the lead. It's not his fault there is zero depth at RB. It's not his fault he can't get a QB, that's still on Holgorsen. It's not his fault the offense looks like it has no idea what it's doing.

He's coaching this team out of the goodness of his heart. The fact he has a bunch of players that don't listen or execute is just bad luck. We should all see what we can do to help his situation because he definitely is above reproach.

Today's victory should make the Big12 take notice! This is not just an 8 win program anymore!

It's definitely trollish roach like behavior to look at 2 seasons and see a small amount of progress. Screw those guys, we're Super Fans over here and I nominate you General. The only way we let people in is if they promise to never be critical of poor ol Coach Brown.

Stay Ready!

Thank you coach Brown...your winning percentage this year was the fourth-highest in the last 10 years and you did in just your second year.

And its the first bowl win since after three straight losses...first bowl win since 2015!!!

Getting the job done instead of ALMOST getting the job done.

The future is bright!

The catch in the endzone on 4th down by the TE O'Laughlin was huge. The pass wasn't that good, which made it a hard catch.

Army was playing to stop us from running. They challenged us to beat them passing and we, even though we dropped 12-14 passes, we passed for 280 yards.
I watched in agony how we dropped all those passes. But keep in mind, we also scored 3 T.D.s. All 3 were scored passing.
Give Armys Defense credit for stopping us from running. Complete half of those dropped passes, and the game is way different.
There is a ton of work to do getting receivers to catch the ball 9 out of 10 times that ball hits their hands. No doubt. Kind of amazing that our running game was stuffed, we dropped close to half the passes thrown and managed a Bowl win, in the most screwy college football season in history.
1. We struggled running and passing. Played pretty good defense. Dodge didnt do the D any favor turning the ball over to Army inside the ten. They were going to have a long drive or two. That's their game. We had one plus. When many teams would fold the tent and go home. We battled, scratched and continued on until we won the game.
You dont always win pretty, you dont always lose ugly either. This game was game of who wanted it more. We did that today. We did what we had to,to win.
Its was an awful performance. But we kept fighting for the win. That's an accomplishment. And I hope we are smart enough to learn our shortcomings from it. Only time will give that answer.
Enjoy the win and 2021.

No you're right, what an unbelievable victory against a top flight program!

Not one person should ever be critical of Brown it's not his fault wrs are not developing. It's not his fault we don't run into a 6 man box. It's not his fault when a player makes a stupid penalty. It's not his fault they kick it out of bounds after taking the lead. It's not his fault there is zero depth at RB. It's not his fault he can't get a QB, that's still on Holgorsen. It's not his fault the offense looks like it has no idea what it's doing.

He's coaching this team out of the goodness of his heart. The fact he has a bunch of players that don't listen or execute is just bad luck. We should all see what we can do to help his situation because he definitely is above reproach.

Today's victory should make the Big12 take notice! This is not just an 8 win program anymore!

It's definitely trollish roach like behavior to look at 2 seasons and see a small amount of progress. Screw those guys, we're Super Fans over here and I nominate you General. The only way we let people in is if they promise to never be critical of poor ol Coach Brown.

Stay Ready!

I believe you're the clown that said Army was going to blow us out. WVU would not be able to stop the Army run game.

Army was playing to stop us from running. They challenged us to beat them passing and we, even though we dropped 12-14 passes, we passed for 280 yards.
I watched in agony how we dropped all those passes. But keep in mind, we also scored 3 T.D.s. All 3 were scored passing.
Give Armys Defense credit for stopping us from running. Complete half of those dropped passes, and the game is way different.
There is a ton of work to do getting receivers to catch the ball 9 out of 10 times that ball hits their hands. No doubt. Kind of amazing that our running game was stuffed, we dropped close to half the passes thrown and managed a Bowl win, in the most screwy college football season in history.
1. We struggled running and passing. Played pretty good defense. Dodge didnt do the D any favor turning the ball over to Army inside the ten. They were going to have a long drive or two. That's their game. We had one plus. When many teams would fold the tent and go home. We battled, scratched and continued on until we won the game.
You dont always win pretty, you dont always lose ugly either. This game was game of who wanted it more. We did that today. We did what we had to,to win.
Its was an awful performance. But we kept fighting for the win. That's an accomplishment. And I hope we are smart enough to learn our shortcomings from it. Only time will give that answer.
Enjoy the win and 2021.

According to some hate filled individuals who probably are not really WVU fans enjoy bitching win or lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT