ADVERTISEMENT

If we hadn't lost Coach Stewart ...

I don' t want him to coach this team again either - he's a choker.

He got us/WVU in the position to ' choke' away a chance at the national title game.

I suppose just sucking is more enjoyable for some fans.

He got us/WVU in the position to ' choke' away a chance at the national title game.

And he sucked it at UM and he choked it again at Az (remember the Game Day game?).

Just because you're sporting wood for him, doesn't mean the rest of us do or that he should even make a return to Morgantown.

I liked Coach Stewart and i believe he did a very good job. I also think that Stew although a solid WVU coach was not what we needed moving forward into a unknown future.

Is Holgrosen? Im not sure, but i do think he has grown as a HC. Will he be the one to guide our Mountaineers to achieve those conference Championships and/or National Championship? Ill reiterate my earlier statement "i am not sure".

How many B12 championships would we have won by now? How many national championships?

Bill was no more head coach material for WVU than Dana is, but for different reasons. I think Dana is by far the better coach, he is just not able to be HC at this level, Were he in the MAC, CUSA or even AAC, he might be doing very well. Bill was not even that good, but he wasn't bad either. I believe that no matter who is AD, WVU has no idea how to do a coaching search that serves the need of the football team because of stupid things like he must be from WV or went to WVU or whatever. We are not going to hire another Don Nehlen that retires here and we need to stop trying to find one.

Rich had the job, had the fans, had the program, but he also had his ego and it was bigger than everything combined in the Rich universe. In truth, WV has never had a coach that brought all the bells and whistles to our table. I do not know who the answer is but I know that neither Bill or Dana was or is. I hated RR from the day I met him when we had 3 wins to our name, you could tell he was the arrogant self centered jerk that we all came to see him as, but he was the best coach WVU has ever put on the field too.

I could learn to live with another RR type guy but I can't live with RR.

And he sucked it at UM and he choked it again at Az (remember the Game Day game?).

Just because you're sporting wood for him, doesn't mean the rest of us do or that he should even make a return to Morgantown.

All that... ...and you didn't even attempt to deny that he had us very close (5 points) from playing in a national title game.

All that... ...and you didn't even attempt to deny that he had us very close (5 points) from playing in a national title game.

Dude, you can't be friends with your ex-girlfriend...it just doesn't work out and it is unhealthy for all involved

How many B12 championships would we have won by now? How many national championships?
Bill Stewart was WV blue blood through and through and deserves the respect of any WVU fan! He may have surprised us? We will never know but I do know this there has never been a coach that wanted the job more then he except or maybe equally Doc Holiday and he to may have surprised us but we did not take a chance on him either. Not saying he would have won Big 12 championships but we need to respect the coaches who want this WVU job and not destroy them as they are in the minority. Fans understand this... As much as we love this state Representative flagship school and the state if you are not from here most are not listing this job as their dream job but a place to get a start. Nehlen was an exception and maybe Dana. I also think that we pull off the upset in a week and half and then run the table to finish the regular season with 9 wins and a chance at 10 and of course a change of attitude from WVU fans with Dana as a coach. Might be wrong but I like our chances!

Reactions: DubVeeTexan
Orlaco is a girl and her sexual preferences are none of our business or subject to your judgement.

You're making two very dumb and stupid assumptions. 1) that I was aware of her gender or 2) that I care about her sexual preference.

The point is of was (because it obviously sailed over your head) it's time to move on from RR. - he shouldn't come back. Sure, it was a wonderful time, but, he broke up with us, but, that's okay. Because we're strong, we're pretty, and damn it, we'll find someone new!

Also, there's a reason why an ex is an ex - sooner or later that reason always pops up again...it's just best to move on.

Bill was no more head coach material for WVU than Dana is, but for different reasons. I think Dana is by far the better coach, he is just not able to be HC at this level, Were he in the MAC, CUSA or even AAC, he might be doing very well. Bill was not even that good, but he wasn't bad either. I believe that no matter who is AD, WVU has no idea how to do a coaching search that serves the need of the football team because of stupid things like he must be from WV or went to WVU or whatever. We are not going to hire another Don Nehlen that retires here and we need to stop trying to find one.

Rich had the job, had the fans, had the program, but he also had his ego and it was bigger than everything combined in the Rich universe. In truth, WV has never had a coach that brought all the bells and whistles to our table. I do not know who the answer is but I know that neither Bill or Dana was or is. I hated RR from the day I met him when we had 3 wins to our name, you could tell he was the arrogant self centered jerk that we all came to see him as, but he was the best coach WVU has ever put on the field too.

Speaking of Stew, there's also another angle to him that no one really has touched upon and that is if he hadn't followed RR, and not just the table that RR had set but RR himself, I wonder if it might have been a much more successful tenure for Stew?
I say this because looking back on the things he said and the moves he made I think he tried way to hard to show people he was not RR and also to distance himself from him as well.
We'll never know but he followed the guy and still won 9 games and two bowl games in three years and was incredibly close-one game in each season-from double digit win seasons and a major bowl ever year.
It's a lot of ifs but I think Stew deserves more credit than he gets, just for keeping this team together after RR left and winning that Fiesta Bowl, if for nothing else.

Even Nehlen was prepared to go to Ohio State till the negotiations fell through. And NO successful head coach of a major program has ever left that job to become head coach at WVU. Never. So that's where we are in the pecking order. We have to find an up and coming guy and pray that he's the answer and that he stays long enough to win a Big 12 title. Carlen left. Bowden left. Rodriguez left. Nobody came from a Power 5 school as head coach to become WVU's head coach before it's not a step up. Reality.

M ighty defense throttled Georgia Southern, 44-0

O utstanding defense obliterated Liberty, 41-17

U nilaterally decimated Maryland, 45-6, on defense and offense

N oxious offense & special teams against Oklahoma, 44-24

T urnovers lose to Oklahoma State, 33-26 in OT despite impressive comeback from 15-point deficit.

A wesome Baylor too much, 62-38.

I nch by TCU

N ip Texas Tech

E scape Texas

E rectile dysfunction Kansas

R oll past Iowa State

S lip past Kansas State

Does anyone have a lock of Pappy Lewis' hair? Maybe we can get the boys at Mylan to clone him.

We lost a conference game at home to a team with a losing record and played a very weak schedule that year.

I suppose playing in a non-power conference without real competition is enjoyable for some fans.

We need to have someone courting that Memphis HC...

Never going to happen because I doubt that he is still there at the end of Dana's contract. Some SEC school is going to make him an offer at the end of this year.

Bill Stewart had a heart of gold and would do anything for anybody. "Mass confusion on the West Virginia sideline" is all you need to understand about Bill Stewart the coach. It was Bill Stewart who was a Tron Martinez fumble at the 2 yard line away from losing to Marshall in Huntington in 2010. Believe me had that happened, Gomer would have been a kind name to him from WVU fans.

He didn't even come close to destroying the program like Holgorsen is doing. are you really going to keep falling back on Stewart to try to justify what your boy is doing to our program now?

He didn't even come close to destroying the program like Holgorsen is doing. are you really going to keep falling back on Stewart to try to justify what your boy is doing to our program now?

He took a car with a full tank of gas and ran it dry without stopping to put anything in it. Holgorsen comes along and thinks he can make the car run, not by filling up the tank but by tinkering under the hood and oh by the way, he is nothing but a backyard mechanic.

For those that miss the analogy, the gas are viable recruits.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
yes he truly did almost destroy the program. I don't care if nick Saban came here when Stewart was fired, the truth is nick would've struggled rebuilding the mess with only 55 scholarship players while trying to adjust to big 12 level competition. Is "my boy" Holgorson the right man for this job? Maybe not. However, he's better than Stewart any day.

Like the reverse of an old fishing story, the number of scholarship players left by Stewart seems to get smaller with every re-telling. Two years ago it was around 63, now they're down to 55.

Like the reverse of an old fishing story, the number of scholarship players left by Stewart seems to get smaller with every re-telling. Two years ago it was around 63, now they're down to 55.

I do not know the exact number of scholarships left dangling under Stewart but it was more than 2 and I do recall it being something on the order of 10. I could be wrong though, the fact that even one was unused is reason to doubt the intelligence of the head coach that does that.

However, I was not referring to the number of scholarships left hanging, I was referring to the quality of the average player recruited under both Stewart and Holgorsen. While there are a handful of standouts, the bulk of our team is Mid-Major grade, good Mid-Major as we can beat Mid-Majors, but we do not have solid players across the board.

When they play, they look soft, out of shape, undisciplined, uncertain who is in charge and worst of all, they are not mentally tough. They play with an Oh Well attitude that pervades a good portion of the posters on this board and the Moral Victory Majority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT