ADVERTISEMENT

If we hadn't lost Coach Stewart ...

DRod has not gotten Mich or Az in a position to win an NT either,
You can hate him all you want, but you can't change the facts.

Arizona has never won the Pac-12 outright and he took them to the conference title game in year 3. They had only 2 seasons of 10+ wins in their whole history prior to his arrival, and he delivered another one last season. It's like doing the same thing at North Carolina or somewhere else that's primarily a basketball school. Cutcliffe at Duke ring any bells? Think he can coach, too, or is a national title game the only acceptable standard?

Michigan didn't go so well for RR, but even there his win total rose each year and the players he recruited won a Sugar Bowl the very next season.

The man is not a Hall of Famer by any means, and may have personal issues, but anybody who can take both WVU and Arizona to some of the best seasons in school history can most definitely coach.

Well, first of all, recruiting right now is as good as its ever been (but yes, it does need to be better due to the vast upgrade in our schedule). As for being soft, out of shape, and not mentally tough - I'd like to know how you can judge that from your seat (probably on a couch). We need to be better, and what I see (from my seat in the stands, so admittedly not much better than yours) is a team that is improving but isn't ready to be a top 20 program yet. Odds are its going to take a while. Odds are that this coach won't be able to do enough to get us there and neither will the next one. Bama and Ohio St didn't become great programs overnight, they were great long before WVU even thought about being bigtime. We have our work cut out for us. And we don't need fans who spout unfounded negativity and call us the MVM. No bub, it's called being realistic but also supportive of the young men who are working very hard to win. Bite me.
I see the bigger problem as turnovers and just mental errors.

You've got to love these clueless "fans" who resort to the Bret Bielema "week in and week out" defense when the facts don't support their opinions. LMAO!!!
the facts definitely support my statements. You just have to be smart enough to understand what your being told.

If nothing else, had Stewart remained at WVU, and assuming that we still would have made it to that bowl game against Texas A&M.......I think he would have had them fired up enough to win that particular game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT