ADVERTISEMENT

How does WVU get left off this list?

1. Author is a guy named Chris Lowe. You ever hear of him? That should answer the biggest part of it. It is some journalist/blogger's opinion
2. It's an ESPN article. That should answer the rest or about the rest of it. This is the first time I clicked on a link to espn in years and I'm on vacation-board.
And the final part is:
3. Tennessee was what 0-8 in the SEC last year, so while it looks interesting & exciting, it's not like WVU is vs the Vols of Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, or Heath Shuler as the QBs. And we play them in Charlotte-NOT Rocky Top. NC State is respectable and it's a road game, but half the Big XII is better (OK, OK State, TCU, K State/Texas, WVU/Great Matt Campbells). The 1-aa school is a 1-aa school no matter how you slice it.

Not saying WVU schedule is a killer, but. How exactly are these tough games?

Sure each below plays 1 tough OOC team. But it's not drastic or death makers.

I can see Pitt and USC as tough..

Pittsburgh
Sept. 1 vs. Albany, Sept. 8 vs. Penn State, Sept. 29 at UCF, Oct. 13 at Notre Dame

USC
Sept. 1 vs. UNLV, Sept. 15 at Texas, Nov. 24 vs. Notre Dame

Florida State

Sept. 8 vs. Samford, Sept. 22 vs. Northern Illinois, Nov. 10 at Notre Dame, Nov. 24 vs. Florida

Clemson
Sept. 1 vs. Furman, Sept. 8 at Texas A&M, Sept. 15 vs. Georgia Southern, Nov. 24 vs. South Carolina

Georgia Tech

Sept. 1 vs. Alcorn State, Sept. 8 at South Florida, Sept. 29 vs. Bowling Green, Nov. 24 at Georgia

Arizona State
Sept. 1 vs. UTSA, Sept. 8 vs. Michigan State, Sept. 15 at San Diego State

Stanford
Aug. 31 vs. San Diego State, Sept. 15 vs. UC Davis, Sept. 29 at Notre Dame

Texas
Sept. 1 vs. Maryland in Landover, Maryland, Sept. 8 vs. Tulsa, Sept. 15 vs. USC

Louisville
Sept. 1 vs. Alabama in Orlando, Sept. 8 vs. Indiana State, Sept. 15 vs. Western Kentucky, Nov. 24 vs. Kentucky

UCLA
Sept. 1 vs. Cincinnati, Sept. 8 at Oklahoma, Sept. 15 vs. Fresno State

Meanwhile pac12 teams get credit for scheduling San Diego?
They should. San Diego St is 32-9 the last 3 years, including 3-1 v. the Pac-12. That’s one of the best G5 programs in the country at the moment.

They should. San Diego St is 32-9 the last 3 years, including 3-1 v. the Pac-12. That’s one of the best G5 programs in the country at the moment.

Boise State 31-10 in last 3 years and 4-1 vs Pac 12 (Includes bowl win) And 2-0 over San Diego State.

Top 2 in MWC is 7-2 vs Pac12 in last 3 years. Rest of MWC is 3-24 against the Pac 12 in last 3 years.

Is the Pac 12 good or bad?

This list was the brainchild of a nondescript ESPiN bobblehead. That should tell you all you need to know. Most on this board could have developed a better list.

3-1 vs. the Pac-12, the bottom feeder of the Power 5, really isn't all that impressive. San Diego lost to Boise State, Fresno State and Army. If WVU did that, what would the rest of the country be saying? And rightly so.

3-1 vs. the Pac-12, the bottom feeder of the Power 5, really isn't all that impressive. San Diego lost to Boise State, Fresno State and Army. If WVU did that, what would the rest of the country be saying? And rightly so.
If 3-1 v. the Pac-12 in the last 3 seasons for a G5 school ISN’T impressive, what does that say about us—a P5 school who went only 1-1 v. that same Pac-12 during the same time?

You’re actually bad-mouthing San Diego St for losing to Boise St, Fresno St, and Army in 2017? Those three teams went 11-3, 10-4, and 10-3 last season. All four of them are among the best G5 programs in the country at the moment—which was the point of my original post.

What WVU might do against those opponents is irrelevant because we are not a G5 program. The topic was someone criticizing SDSU as a non-conference opponent while apparently being unaware they are actually a very good one in context. It’s not like you to be similarly oblivious, Cuyahoga. Try to keep up better next time, my friend.

Nationally? Not a huge deal if WVU lost those games. It’s not like over the last 3 or 4 years WVU is good. Now if you said what would WVU fans say. Well we know the answer to that.

If 3-1 v. the Pac-12 in the last 3 seasons for a G5 school ISN’T impressive, what does that say about us—a P5 school who went only 1-1 v. that same Pac-12 during the same time?

You’re actually bad-mouthing San Diego St for losing to Boise St, Fresno St, and Army in 2017? Those three teams went 11-3, 10-4, and 10-3 last season. All four of them are among the best G5 programs in the country at the moment—which was the point of my original post.

What WVU might do against those opponents is irrelevant because we are not a G5 program. The topic was someone criticizing SDSU as a non-conference opponent while apparently being unaware they are actually a very good one in context. It’s not like you to be similarly oblivious, Cuyahoga. Try to keep up better next time, my friend.

Many of us here would beg to differ about your second to last sentence. That is actually par for the course

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT