ADVERTISEMENT

How WVU can get Jimbo Fisher

Has any Hal Mumme disciple turn a team into a national power?

Fisher doesn't have the right system for wvu
Is there a right sysetm? Coaches change the system every time they change jobs. RR's system was vastly different coming into WVU. Brown brought in Harrell and his system is different. You either change players to fit the system or train players to fit the system.

Reactions: Tylerite
Most schools have meddlesome boosters at the blue blood level. Jimbo has all the resources and has boosters that can shell out money in NIL deals and the guy still can't win. He wouldn't win at wvu on a poor mans budget.
Looks like WVU does too.

Is there a right sysetm? Coaches change the system every time they change jobs. RR's system was vastly different coming into WVU. Brown brought in Harrell and his system is different. You either change players to fit the system or train players to fit the system.
What we saw on Saturday and what K State and Kansas runs would be the best fit for wvu. We need something that doesn't require as much nfl talent. Why do you want a guy that is currently 3-7 in year 5 with unlimited resources, great recruiting classes and he still can't win? Jimbo Fisher peaked 9 years ago he is nothing but average today. If he wasn't from West Virginia you wouldn't even be mentioning him.

Jimbo has now lost 6 in a row and had the top recruiting class last year. He suspended his best receiver last game for wearing arm sleeves. Big no thanks.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
What we saw on Saturday and what K State and Kansas runs would be the best fit for wvu. We need something that doesn't require as much nfl talent. Why do you want a guy that is currently 3-7 in year 5 with unlimited resources, great recruiting classes and he still can't win? Jimbo Fisher peaked 9 years ago he is nothing but average today. If he wasn't from West Virginia you wouldn't even be mentioning him.
I'm not a Jimbo fan at this point. Let's get thru the season and see who is available. Let's see who the new AD is and if he has any pull in the college ranks. Doesn't have to be a WV tie for the next coach...... or AD. Doesn't matter what style of game plan he brings. All that matters is the W's and L's after a couple seasons.

I'm not a Jimbo fan at this point. Let's get thru the season and see who is available. Let's see who the new AD is and if he has any pull in the college ranks. Doesn't have to be a WV tie for the next coach...... or AD. Doesn't matter what style of game plan he brings. All that matters is the W's and L's after a couple seasons.
I think a coaching change is most likely to happen next season if things don't get better. I am not saying it can't happen at the end of this season. If it will take 3-4 weeks to hire the guy like they say then the decision to fire will be rushed. I don't want to fire NB just to Hire NB which has a greater chance of happening when decisions are made hastily. I believe there are currently 8 openings and probably we will see some more which is a great deal of competition.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I think a coaching change is most likely to happen next season if things don't get better. I am not saying it can't happen at the end of this season. If it will take 3-4 weeks to hire the guy like they say then the decision to fire will be rushed. I don't want to fire NB just to Hire NB which has a greater chance of happening when decisions are made hastily. I believe there are currently 8 openings and probably we will see some more which is a great deal of competition.
Might be happening sooner.

Might be happening sooner.
I am sure all options are on the table but unless we hire someone asap it will be difficult to do a through evaluation of the situation. If changes are going to be made I want it to be well thought out not guns a blazing.

I am sure all options are on the table but unless we hire someone asap it will be difficult to do a through evaluation of the situation. If changes are going to be made I want it to be well thought out not guns a blazing.
I am sure they have a good idea of what AD they want or they don't fire Shane.

Reactions: steeleer
I am sure they have a good idea of what AD they want or they don't fire Shane.
That may be the case or it may not. They hired a search firm to assist in the search. If they knew who they wanted I am not sure why they included a middle man.

That may be the case or it may not. They hired a search firm to assist in the search. If they knew who they wanted I am not sure why they included a middle man.
So basically then Brown is here 2 more years no matter what.

So basically then Brown is here 2 more years no matter what.
When did I say that? I said I think the change will most likely happen after next season if there is no improvement. It doesn't mean it can't happen this year but were getting late in the process now. The new AD probably won't be in place until the end of the month or the beginning of next month based on the time table that's been laid out. He would have to make a hasty decisions and those types of decisions usually don't go well.

When did I say that? I said I think the change will most likely happen after next season if there is no improvement. It doesn't mean it can't happen this year but were getting late in the process now. The new AD probably won't be in place until the end of the month or the beginning of next month based on the time table that's been laid out. He would have to make a hasty decisions and those types of decisions usually don't go well.
If they're taking their time might as well wait until the contract expires and get it right.

Contract expires in 4 years
That contract was Shane's downfall. I would get rid of it asap if I were a new AD. Brown's failures as a coach got the AD fired, so if a new ones comes in and decides to give Brown another year to "assess" or whatever, than I can tell you right now, that AD sucks and is a complete moron, plain and simple.

Brown will be shown the door after this season. Whatever Rob Asslop says isnt going to hold water for long. I have heard that he eluded to Brown being here through 2023, but I didnt personally hear any of his comments and dont care to.

Brown will be shown the door after this season. Whatever Rob Asslop says isnt going to hold water for long. I have heard that he eluded to Brown being here through 2023, but I didnt personally hear any of his comments and dont care to.
You don't know what you're missing. Ever hear a grown man's voice cracking like crazy?

Ok. I'm starting with facts.
1) TAMU owes Jimbo $86M AFTER this season (through 2031)
2) WVU owes Kneel (yup it's still f#&king KNEEL until I say so) $16.7M after this season.

3) TAMU and WVU cannot be happy with what they are getting for their money but getting rid of their coaches is cost prohibitive.

OK. Personally I calling TAMU and making this pitch. The hard part? Jimbo would take a hit but certainly comes out of this doing OK.

1) Jimbo agrees to get paid $6M/year over the next 9 years. Considering taxes and all that, it would be easier to avoid getting a huge hit that way.
2) TAMU agrees to pay off $10M of Neal Brown's salary.
3) WVU agrees to pay the other $6.7M of Kneel's buyout.
4) WVU signs Jimbo to a $3M per year contract for the next 9 years. If Jimbo leaves or if he's fired, WVU pays what is owed at the $3M/year pace as if he was still employed.

In the end, Jimbo gets every cent of his contract as it is now, but can get away from TAMU. He also gets to coach his alma mater who has WAAAAAAY less expectations than TAMU (largely due to Kneel).

Kneel gets his cash and waits for a HS team that needs a WR coach.

WVU gets the coach they should have had instead of BS and gets him locked up at a steal. If he leaves then it's a much smaller pill to swallow. Then we can get back to being a credible program again.

TAMU saves a large chunk of cash ($64M v $86M) and can also move on to the next coach they'll fire in 3 years or less.

I am assuming there will be assholes that will poke fun at it, but this is 1000x better than the options we have right now.

The title of this thread might as well be "How to get genital herpes" for all the appeal it has.

ADVERTISEMENT