ADVERTISEMENT

How WVU can get Jimbo Fisher

steeleer

All-Conference
Sep 19, 2005
Ok. I'm starting with facts.
1) TAMU owes Jimbo $86M AFTER this season (through 2031)
2) WVU owes Kneel (yup it's still f#&king KNEEL until I say so) $16.7M after this season.

3) TAMU and WVU cannot be happy with what they are getting for their money but getting rid of their coaches is cost prohibitive.

OK. Personally I calling TAMU and making this pitch. The hard part? Jimbo would take a hit but certainly comes out of this doing OK.

1) Jimbo agrees to get paid $6M/year over the next 9 years. Considering taxes and all that, it would be easier to avoid getting a huge hit that way.
2) TAMU agrees to pay off $10M of Neal Brown's salary.
3) WVU agrees to pay the other $6.7M of Kneel's buyout.
4) WVU signs Jimbo to a $3M per year contract for the next 9 years. If Jimbo leaves or if he's fired, WVU pays what is owed at the $3M/year pace as if he was still employed.

In the end, Jimbo gets every cent of his contract as it is now, but can get away from TAMU. He also gets to coach his alma mater who has WAAAAAAY less expectations than TAMU (largely due to Kneel).

Kneel gets his cash and waits for a HS team that needs a WR coach.

WVU gets the coach they should have had instead of BS and gets him locked up at a steal. If he leaves then it's a much smaller pill to swallow. Then we can get back to being a credible program again.

TAMU saves a large chunk of cash ($64M v $86M) and can also move on to the next coach they'll fire in 3 years or less.

I am assuming there will be assholes that will poke fun at it, but this is 1000x better than the options we have right now.

To keep Jimbo engaged there could be a reduced WVU salary if he leaves within 3 years (50%) and then a smaller reduction (25%) if he stays for 5 years and so on.

But what about the climb? We are moving from being a coach led team to a player led team. Those woke 19 year olds are going to get us a natty champunship one day according to Schneal. Fisher might be too hard on them for Shane.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If WVU does this (as they absolutely f#&king should) I'll only ask for a 5% cut of Jimbo's salaries.

This assumes we fire the f*&k out of Sugar Shame Lyings.
I would love to see them both go, but I would settle for Neal first. If Fisher would come here, it would be really cool. We would no doubt be better than we are now.

TAMU is an incredibly difficult place to deal with. They pretend they are The Longhorns with no history to back it up. Very meddlesome boosters, etc.

Some other facts about Jimbo: Currently 3-3 in year 5 at TAMU and is currently down 3-17 in the first quarter against the South Carolina Gamecocks.

TAMU is an incredibly difficult place to deal with. They pretend they are The Longhorns with no history to back it up. Very meddlesome boosters, etc.
Most schools have meddlesome boosters at the blue blood level. Jimbo has all the resources and has boosters that can shell out money in NIL deals and the guy still can't win. He wouldn't win at wvu on a poor mans budget.

Not very many above average coaches out there that we can get.
Try and find someone who thinks outside the box and has had success on some level like K State and Kansas did not someone who can 't win with all the advantages in the world.

Wasn't saying Jimbo is it, but that there is hardly anyone right now.

Last edited:
Why do you guys assume Jimbo will be an upgrade from Brown? He's got tons of talent, money, and recruiting each year at A&M.....and what has he done?
Take Jaemis years out of his record at FSU and you find he is a 7-9 win coach. I think he had made his number and on cruise!

That was almost a decade ago and his career has been on a mostly downward trajectory since then. Nobody would be talking about this guy if he weren't from West Virginia.
And if hadn't won a national championship or multiple ACC championships or had the second most victories in CFB while he was at FSU.
Besides that...you are totally right once again.

And if hadn't won a national championship or multiple ACC championships or had the second most victories in CFB while he was at FSU.
I say make a play for Fisher. Only problem, he’s not gonna leave aTm. And I’m not sure they’re gonna fire him.

Well since you're complaining about being 3-4 in year 4 and The guy you're touting is 3-4 in year 5 and can't even beat South Carolina and Appy State I just wonder what the the actual thought process is in thinking this guy would succeed with much less resources then he has now.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUFanForever
Ok. I'm starting with facts.
1) TAMU owes Jimbo $86M AFTER this season (through 2031)
2) WVU owes Kneel (yup it's still f#&king KNEEL until I say so) $16.7M after this season.

3) TAMU and WVU cannot be happy with what they are getting for their money but getting rid of their coaches is cost prohibitive.

OK. Personally I calling TAMU and making this pitch. The hard part? Jimbo would take a hit but certainly comes out of this doing OK.

1) Jimbo agrees to get paid $6M/year over the next 9 years. Considering taxes and all that, it would be easier to avoid getting a huge hit that way.
2) TAMU agrees to pay off $10M of Neal Brown's salary.
3) WVU agrees to pay the other $6.7M of Kneel's buyout.
4) WVU signs Jimbo to a $3M per year contract for the next 9 years. If Jimbo leaves or if he's fired, WVU pays what is owed at the $3M/year pace as if he was still employed.

In the end, Jimbo gets every cent of his contract as it is now, but can get away from TAMU. He also gets to coach his alma mater who has WAAAAAAY less expectations than TAMU (largely due to Kneel).

Kneel gets his cash and waits for a HS team that needs a WR coach.

WVU gets the coach they should have had instead of BS and gets him locked up at a steal. If he leaves then it's a much smaller pill to swallow. Then we can get back to being a credible program again.

TAMU saves a large chunk of cash ($64M v $86M) and can also move on to the next coach they'll fire in 3 years or less.

I am assuming there will be assholes that will poke fun at it, but this is 1000x better than the options we have right now.
Please make it clear why we WANT Jimbo Fisher.
Is he the ultimate high success rate coach who will do better at our more pedestraian institution as compared to one able and willing to PASAY millions to buy super talent. His record is not all that outstanding over the recent past, as I read it.
Why is HE the hot object?
Well, I would agree he is a much better choice than Gibby (ugh!) or RR (vomit coming!).

And what does all of that have to do with the fact that his coaching of late has sucked? A hard NO to Jimbo. And, can we please stop thinking only someone with a connection to WV should be considered.

I say make a play for Fisher. Only problem, he’s not gonna leave aTm. And I’m not sure they’re gonna fire him.
This is one of the rare times I disagree with you . Jimbo Fisher has a worse record then Kevin Sumlin did at TAMU up until this point. Sumlin won 44 games by the end of year five. The best Jimbo can do is win 43 and that's if he wins out from this point on. So there has been no improvement from the previous regime. The TAMU alumni expected Saban type results when they hired him which may have been unfair but he has been nothing more than average for the most part. He did have a good run at FSU but the bottom was falling out his last season. He has always been a head coach at places that have resources and has not proven he can coach at a place with much limited resources like Wvu. Fisher must have the same agent as Holgorsen because he pulled a Holgorsen style con job on TAMU with the contract he got. I don't think he will get fired this year due to the amount he is owed but this will not end well. The ax will fall sometime in the near future.

Welcome to NIL football Jimbo and Nick. Kids with thousand (and some with millions) doing what they want when they want and you can’t do anything about stopping the $$$.

Maybe . he should have two losses on his record, but only sees one at this point. I think they are a lot more vulnerable than advertised. However his control is not where it used to be.
Yeah and WVU should be 5-2 not 3-4. Would of should of should apply for a HC position.

Fisher could not do worse than Brown- would immediately boost WVU recruiting. He has a record of winning at the P5 level including major conference championships and a national championship.

He is 37-18 overall and 22-15 v. The SEC While at A and M. Has 3 bowl wins.

Meanwhile Brown is 20-22 overall at WVU and 12-18 In the BIG 12 and 1-1 in bowls with the win being an eke out come from behind v a G5.

Fisher could not do worse than Brown- would immediately boost WVU recruiting. He has a record of winning at the P5 level including major conference championships and a national championship.

He is 37-18 overall and 22-15 v. The SEC While at A and M. Has 3 bowl wins.

Meanwhile Brown is 20-22 overall at WVU and 12-18 In the BIG 12 and 1-1 in bowls with the win being an eke out come from behind v a G5.
He will never be at WVU nor will WVU ever be in the ACC. Bucky on his knees again.

Reactions: Tylerite
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT