ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 wasted opportunity

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Could have proved the Conference was a legit #1 P5 contender. Big12 clearly behind SEC. If Kansas doesn’t step up in NCAAs as the one trick pony they usually have to be for the Conference the Big12 will be embarrassed.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
1 game fluke loses. The SEC is a crappy basketball conference overall. Big 12 stunk it up yesterday. Oklahoma and WVU flopped.

Could have proved the Conference was a legit #1 P5 contender. Big12 clearly behind SEC. If Kansas doesn’t step up in NCAAs as the one trick pony they usually have to be for the Conference the Big12 will be embarrassed.

Wrong......
Multiple Big XII teams have made deep runs recently in the Tournament.

Last Ten years I believe more than half of the conference has been in the Sweet 16.

With half making Elite 8 runs.

I love how one day of basketball, one day, erases everything else the Big XII has accomplished in the last 2 1/2 months.

I'd love to live in the reality that you do.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So, Big 12 teams have been playing teams from other Power 5 conferences every day during the last 2 1/2 months? You'll really hate that one day in March or early April when multiple Big 12 teams get bounced from the NCAA Tournament, or does a single day not matter then, either?

Let's get real: Half the teams get bounced in the first round of March Madness. About every Power 5 conference has a loser. Big 12 was disappointing vs SEC, no doubt. WVU and Oklahoma were the worst.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You've veered off point, CFE. My point--in response to a specific question--was that ONE day of games may be more important than a longer body of work, depending upon whom you play on that one day. Moreover, if that one day happens to be during the NCAA Tournament, and your conference loses 60% of its teams, then that one day of games would undermine any argument that your conference is better than any other.

So, Big 12 teams have been playing teams from other Power 5 conferences every day during the last 2 1/2 months? You'll really hate that one day in March or early April when multiple Big 12 teams get bounced from the NCAA Tournament, or does a single day not matter then, either?
Be a jackass on your own time.

Pretty sure you can't be that stupid not to understand my post.

If WVU doesn't crap the bed and one more team holds on, Big XII wins 6-4 and all you Sunday morning point guards wouldn't be yapping about how the Big XII is overrated.

If you think one day of games devalues the entire season, then you really are stupid.

Reactions: Phil
Somebody is really frustrated by last night's loss. Name-calling is all that you have left, as your argument is pathetic. Big 12 teams beating each other up over the past month doesn't prove that the Big 12 is superior, and the non-conference wins vs. the Fordhams of the World don't matter, either. If you're going to pound your chest about alleged conference superiority, then you'd better beat the Power 5 teams on your schedule, or be prepared to drink a tall glass of STFU.

Somebody is really frustrated by last night's loss. Name-calling is all that you have left, as your argument is pathetic. Big 12 teams beating each other up over the past month doesn't prove that the Big 12 is superior, and the non-conference wins vs. the Fordhams of the World don't matter, either. If you're going to pound your chest about alleged conference superiority, then you'd better beat the Power 5 teams on your schedule, or be prepared to drink a tall glass of STFU.
No, name calling isn't all I have left, but your stupid hypothetical situation of "gee, what if you have a bad day in March" is moronic.

It could happen to any league. What happened to the Big XII yesterday has no impact on what will happen in March, and you know that, but you prefer to be a jackass with your post and you know it.

You are completely ignoring Big XII quality wins because it doesn't fit your agenda. Yeah....which conference isn't beating each other up..and yeah...the only Big XII solid win is over Fordham. How about the win over Virginia. Oh wait, didn't see that in your post because that would go against the stupid theory that the Big XII isn't good because of one day of basketball.

So your post was stupid and you are a jackass.

LOL at your name-calling, holding your breath, stomping your feet, and throwing a tantrum! YOU started a thread about the Big 12/SEC Challenge, but because the SEC thumped the Big 12, now it doesn't matter? We'll revisit this subject after the NCAA Tournament ends, as the Big Dance will prove whether you should have been flexing your internet tough guy muscles in January.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
LOL at your lame ass posting, thumping your chest as an OSU fan on a WVU board.

Thumped? Yeah it was 6-4 to the No. 3 conference in the RPI.

You can revisit whatever you want when you want. The fact you are a jack-ass won't change.

Oops, there I go throwing a tantrum and stomping my feet again.

Reactions: Phil
1 game fluke loses. The SEC is a crappy basketball conference overall. Big 12 stunk it up yesterday. Oklahoma and WVU flopped.

No way to put lipstick on the Big12 to make Conference look better. One more crack at it in the NCAAs and we know how that usually goes. Big12 does very little and everyone becomes Kansas lap dogs. Homers are so adorable.

Wrong......
Multiple Big XII teams have made deep runs recently in the Tournament.

Last Ten years I believe more than half of the conference has been in the Sweet 16.

With half making Elite 8 runs.

Homers are so adorable. The only ones that ignore the obvious.

Be a jackass on your own time.

Pretty sure you can't be that stupid not to understand my post.

If WVU doesn't crap the bed and one more team holds on, Big XII wins 6-4 and all you Sunday morning point guards wouldn't be yapping about how the Big XII is overrated.

If you think one day of games devalues the entire season, then you really are stupid.

If if if. Homers are so adorable haha!!!

No, name calling isn't all I have left, but your stupid hypothetical situation of "gee, what if you have a bad day in March" is moronic.

It could happen to any league. What happened to the Big XII yesterday has no impact on what will happen in March, and you know that, but you prefer to be a jackass with your post and you know it.

You are completely ignoring Big XII quality wins because it doesn't fit your agenda. Yeah....which conference isn't beating each other up..and yeah...the only Big XII solid win is over Fordham. How about the win over Virginia. Oh wait, didn't see that in your post because that would go against the stupid theory that the Big XII isn't good because of one day of basketball.

So your post was stupid and you are a jackass.

Relax old timer. Geez! An angry homer is downright scary!

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Homers are so adorable.
So are you with your tired 'homers' shtick.

Honest question. Why do you care if people on a WVU message board are homers for their school?

Thank god you are here to tell us homers how it really is...Not sure how we survived all these years when we are wrong about everything.

Honest question. Why do you care if people on a WVU message board are homers for their school?

Thank god you are here to tell us homers how it really is...Not sure how we survived all these years when we are wrong about everything.
Ignore the Pitt troll. Most of his post are anti B12 and underhanded digs at WVU. Meanwhile at Pitt, they are a hot mess.

Reactions: JustCallMeDad

Honest answer is this site is the worst homer site I visit. You just continue to misunderstand my point. Show me any post that I troll WVU. Ironically while you and/or goofs pummel WVU for every loss I plead for calm and patience. I troll the Big12 because it sucks and may very well not make it pass 2025. The homers on here think all things Big12 is great LOL. So wake up and don’t misrepresent my points. There’s your honest answer.

Ignore the Pitt troll. Most of his post are anti B12 and underhanded digs at WVU. Meanwhile at Pitt, they are a hot mess.

Dude you are truly the weakest site member I’ve ever come across. You offer zero value and look for cat fights. I give more money and support to WVU in a year than you have ever. The only dig I’d give toward WVU is for having people like you jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Dude you are truly the weakest site member I’ve ever come across. You offer zero value and look for cat fights. I give more money and support to WVU in a year than you have ever. The only dig I’d give toward WVU is for having people like you jumping on and off the bandwagon.

He hit you with a knockout punch and all you could come back with is that trash......

He hit you with a knockout punch and all you could come back with is that trash......

LOL at that. Again if you were around here long you’d know the situation. He was a puppet. Now you are. Give him a like. No real members here will.

Honest answer is this site is the worst homer site I visit. You just continue to misunderstand my point. Show me any post that I troll WVU. Ironically while you and/or goofs pummel WVU for every loss I plead for calm and patience. I troll the Big12 because it sucks and may very well not make it pass 2025. The homers on here think all things Big12 is great LOL. So wake up and don’t misrepresent my points. There’s your honest answer.
Who cares if this is the worst homer site you visit? Did Vernon make you the homer police? Let people have their opinions on a free message board. Does anyone force you to post here?

They don't need you following up every post with, "Such a homer's opinion." What good does that exactly do?

You troll the Big XII because it sucks? Well just great then. Since its WVU's home, we just love having someone here trash it. Again, why do you care if people here think its great? Why in the blue hell does that bother you so much? Are they not allowed to think for themselves instead of following what you say. Just because YOU say it doesn't make it true.

The Big XII has its problems, but its the only place that wanted us. Again, what purpose does it serve to 'troll' the Big XII on a WVU message board. It's not like any of us can do anything about it. I am sure UCLA fans would love it if you want to their site and trashed the Pac 12 or trolled FSU fans about the ACC.

If the IQ of the masses is to low for you here then go somewhere else where people will appreciate your genius. Because honestly, your "homer" shtick is getting tiresome.

Last edited:
Well if the SEC is a crappy conference, I don't know what that says about 60 percent of your conference. That must mean that the other 40 percent is unproven still.

If that is the case using your view , the Big 12 must be well below the ACC, Big 10, Big East, Pac 12 and maybe even the American.

Well if the SEC is a crappy conference, I don't know what that says about 60 percent of your conference. That must mean that the other 40 percent is unproven still.

If that is the case using your view , the Big 12 must be well below the ACC, Big 10, Big East, Pac 12 and maybe even the American.

Wrong again.....

You can have 100 accounts but you are wrong everytime

Someone is not understanding the situation the ACC is in.....

14 teams and waiting on ND meaning that the ACC cannot expand if it wanted to in 2023 once the Big XII GOR runs out.

Grant of rights are Based on a conference network in the ACC meaning that the ACC will have issues bringing in schools during the GOR.

Three conferences have a GOR.
B1G, ACC and Big XII.

The B1G is because the 49% of the network the conference controls is sold to the universities in shares.
Each university bought into their network and this is the reason for the GOR.

That leaves the PAC 12 and SEC.

If ND would ever join a conference it would be the PAC 12.
California recruiting and California televisions are the most important thing to ND.

The only other state that is important to ND is New Jersey.

Both have huge Catholic high schools.

ACC is screwed.
ND will never end their once a year game in California.
If it would join the ACC would go to 9 games and that would leave ND with 3 OOC games.

So, ACC is screwed just like the Big East because they have attached their wagon to a university that does not want them.

If the ACC doesn't get ND their network will fail because it will not generate enough revenue to compete with the other conferences

Texas makes 75 million a year off of royalties and another 75 million off of ticket sales because of high end suites

Carolina makes under 100 million in everything.......
Ticket sales
Contributions
Royalties
Media Revenue

Texas made over 220 million dollars last year in revenue

You are talking about Grant of rights, television revenues and athletic gains to losses.

The Big 12 conference is the least stable of all the P5. You let Texas dictate everything, lose Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri and Nebraska to far more stable conferences with actual league specific stations that pay out equally.

You got placed in a house sitting on a volcano. You strung along several schools this past year when expansion talks occurred. The Big 10, Pac 12 or SEC can nab any member they want and the Big 12 will add a Conference USA member in response.

You are talking about Grant of rights, television revenues and athletic gains to losses.

The Big 12 conference is the least stable of all the P5. You let Texas dictate everything, lose Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri and Nebraska to far more stable conferences with actual league specific stations that pay out equally.

You got placed in a house sitting on a volcano. You strung along several schools this past year when expansion talks occurred. The Big 10, Pac 12 or SEC can nab any member they want and the Big 12 will add a Conference USA member in response.

Shows you how wrong you are.

Texas is the only school that every conference wants.

PAC 12 is in a mess
SEC is at 14
B1G is at 14
ACC is at 14

There are not many chairs left at the table and with ND and Texas out there no conference will use their last two remaining chairs on any other school in the conference besides Texas.

The Big XII is on stable ground.
The ACC is what everyone is thinking about raiding just like the Big East.

Carolina made the mistake of allowing Syracuse and BC into their conference.
Problem is neither school carries enough revenue to save the ACC.

No ACC school is a member of the Top 15 revenue schools.
Two Big XII schools are.
Texas and Oklahoma.
Schools like Florida St who is behind Florida
Clemson who is behind S Carolina
Louisville who is behind Kentucky
Ga Tech who is behind Georgia
Are looking at that.

Guess what SEC State has a non SEC school having more revenue than the SEC school

Texas. Only school that can stand up to the SEC.
These ACC schools in SEC states want to be a part of that

From what I heard from some people...

ND
Syracuse
Boston College
And

Pitt will end up in the PAC 12.
The Conference will go to 4 pods.

Luckily ND values PA and with Pitt the PAC 12 can be the big city NE/West Coast conference.

No you offer nothing but BS. Buying a couple of tickets to a game last football season does not make you a big donor. I am a mountaineer fan, win lose or draw. Once again thanks for the entertainment Gregory.

So which conference do you represent?

Who cares if this is the worst homer site you visit? Did Vernon make you the homer police? Let people have their opinions on a free message board. Does anyone force you to post here?

They don't need you following up every post with, "Such a homer's opinion." What good does that exactly do?

You troll the Big XII because it sucks? Well just great then. Since its WVU's home, we just love having someone here trash it. Again, why do you care if people here think its great? Why in the blue hell does that bother you so much? Are they not allowed to think for themselves instead of following what you say. Just because YOU say it doesn't make it true.

The Big XII has its problems, but its the only place that wanted us. Again, what purpose does it serve to 'troll' the Big XII on a WVU message board. It's not like any of us can do anything about it. I am sure UCLA fans would love it if you want to their site and trashed the Pac 12 or trolled FSU fans about the ACC.

If the IQ of the masses is to low for you here then go somewhere else where people will appreciate your genius. Because honestly, your "homer" shtick is getting tiresome.

Hey tough guy.......lighten up! I’m giving my opinion just like you do. Stop trying to bully me. It won’t work. Some WVU fans are toxic when a loss happens. WVU is Top 25 and people on this site bitch like WVU is Duke or Kentucky. Holgy is attacked like WVU is Oklahoma standard. Don’t be so emotional Brah.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
No you offer nothing but BS. Buying a couple of tickets to a game last football season does not make you a big donor. I am a mountaineer fan, win lose or draw. Once again thanks for the entertainment Gregory.

still5 I know you’re a legit WVU guy. You don’t have to qualify that. No worries man. I just give my opinion on the Big12 and the homers on this site and get beat up for posting the truth. I don’t post much on pay site because people pay for it. I like the info side over there. On the free site I fire away.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Shows you how wrong you are.

Texas is the only school that every conference wants.

PAC 12 is in a mess
SEC is at 14
B1G is at 14
ACC is at 14

There are not many chairs left at the table and with ND and Texas out there no conference will use their last two remaining chairs on any other school in the conference besides Texas.

The Big XII is on stable ground.
The ACC is what everyone is thinking about raiding just like the Big East.

Carolina made the mistake of allowing Syracuse and BC into their conference.
Problem is neither school carries enough revenue to save the ACC.

No ACC school is a member of the Top 15 revenue schools.
Two Big XII schools are.
Texas and Oklahoma.
Schools like Florida St who is behind Florida
Clemson who is behind S Carolina
Louisville who is behind Kentucky
Ga Tech who is behind Georgia
Are looking at that.

Guess what SEC State has a non SEC school having more revenue than the SEC school

Texas. Only school that can stand up to the SEC.
These ACC schools in SEC states want to be a part of that
You are either completely delusional or just daft. Either way you are letting your own personal ties and hopes dictate your thoughts and/or opinions.

The Big 10 and Pac 12 would take Texas only if they agreed to the conferences terms.

The fact you can' t see the block of ice melting around your feet is sad. Believe what you will, hopefully the ACC will take West Virginia when your left up the creek without a paddle when Texas does what they always do and Oklahoma leaves for the SEC or Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT