ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 is the deepest conference in America !!!!

By the end of the season the Big 12-2=10 will be looking up at the SEC and ACC once again...and perhaps the BIg as well. The good news is there will be a lot of great desert bowls to catch at 3 pm and later before the playoffs! And yes, I root for the Big 12-2=10, but see reality instead of fantasy.

By the end of the season the Big 12-2=10 will be looking up at the SEC and ACC once again...and perhaps the BIg as well. The good news is there will be a lot of great desert bowls to catch at 3 pm and later before the playoffs! And yes, I root for the Big 12-2=10, but see reality instead of fantasy.
Atlantic Coast Conferemce

Are you kidding me.

It is a basketball conference with schools like Boston College, Ga Tech, Pitt and Miami who care more about their professional teams than colleges.

The NC State is a good story but so is Iowa State
Florida St and Texas may be the best four loss teams but the difference is Texas is closer to 7-0 than FSU
Clemson has had a great few years. It wasn't long ago though that Clemson was not known nationally and they were longing for Danny Ford.
Virgina thinks they are too good for college football
Carolina is horrible
Duke and Wake are always trash.

Big XII is recognized as a much better conference
How many ACC games will be nationally televised this week.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
I have an acct on Lot but out of respect don't post. This is free on the other hand and more fun. You sock post was good stuff!

You sound like the type who sits on the toilet with the seat up at least twice a week.
Do you keep an extra couple of towels in the bathroom for your mistakes

Atlantic Coast Conferemce

Are you kidding me.

It is a basketball conference with schools like Boston College, Ga Tech, Pitt and Miami who care more about their professional teams than colleges.

The NC State is a good story but so is Iowa State
Florida St and Texas may be the best four loss teams but the difference is Texas is closer to 7-0 than FSU
Clemson has had a great few years. It wasn't long ago though that Clemson was not known nationally and they were longing for Danny Ford.
Virgina thinks they are too good for college football
Carolina is horrible
Duke and Wake are always trash.

Big XII is recognized as a much better conference
How many ACC games will be nationally televised this week.

I'll agree that this pissing contest about conferences is stupid, but honestly your argument is no better than his.

I'll agree that this pissing contest about conferences is stupid, but honestly your argument is no better than his.

I think Greg would enjoy watching a pissing contest.
I agree maybe not the rest of us.
This is a Big 12 team's board why would anyone here want to undermine the conference

I think Greg would enjoy watching a pissing contest.
I agree maybe not the rest of us.
This is a Big 12 team's board why would anyone here want to undermine the conference

You don't have to undermine the conference. You just don't combat outlandish arguments with equally outlandish arguments.

You don't have to undermine the conference. You just don't combat outlandish arguments with equally outlandish arguments.

What makes an arguement outlandish to one may not make it outlandish to another
I do think anyone can look at college football without a biased mind in one way or another. Even if you watch all the games there are certain universities that you are emotionally attached to in one way or another.

Let me know when ‘deep’ equals a playoff game.

I prefer sudoku but I’ll dabble around with scrabble and crosswords although word game typically bore me.

Deep does not equal playoffs and that's the problem. B12 has plenty good teams, and are worried about adding more good teams. Their mistake is staying at 10 and everyone playing each other. Add 2, play 8 conference games better chance of having two teams going undefeated until CCG. Until then the b12 is going to be outside looking in even though the playoff committee said they want teams playing better competition. What they really said was play better competition out of conference and avoid playing everyone in conference.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Here's an unbiased look at the teams that left or joined the Big 12. It's further evidence that being in the Big 12 is a wise move.

Big 12 comparisons with previous conference affiliations:

TCU left Mountain West, in Group of Five, for 47-24 record in Power 5 Big 12. Unbeaten this season, TCU may make national playoffs denied TCU when it was unbeaten in the Mountain West. Big 12 wins that one.

Texas A&M had double-digit wins once in 16 years in the Big 12. Aggies won 11 in first SEC season. Big 12 wins that one.

WVU, despite 41-30 record since joining Big 12, is in Top 25 nearly every season and collects nearly $40 million compared to the $10 million in its now-extinct Big East days. Big 12 wins that one.

Nebraska, 55-31 since leaving Big 12 for Big 10, has plateaued. Big 12 at least a tossup in that one.

Missouri, 39-32 since leaving the Big 12, was in seven consecutive bowl games before leaving the Big 12, but may miss a bowl for the 4th time in 6 seasons this year. Big 12 wins that one.

Maybe leaving the Big 12 was a bad idea? Maybe joining the Big 12 was a great idea.

Is Big 12 really that deep? Or are they just not as good as we think. Biggest win was Oklahoma over Ohio St. Where are the other OOC wins that matter?

TCU beat 2-5 Arkansas. Not a good win
Oklahoma State beat 3-5 Pitt team. Not a good win
WVU lost to 6-1 VT
K. State lost 3-4 Vandy.
Baylor 0-7 lost to 4-4 Duke
Kansas didn't play a P5 and lost to 4-4 Central Michigan, 6-2 Ohio team
TTU beat a 4-3 ASU team
Texas lost to 3-4 Maryland and 6-2 USC
ISU lost 4-3 Iowa.

Only one big P5 win.

Leaving the Big 12 to join the B1G or the SEC is hazardous to your win/loss record, and that's a FACT.

Here's an unbiased look at the teams that left or joined the Big 12. It's further evidence that being in the Big 12 is a wise move.

TCU left Mountain West, in Group of Five, for 47-24 record in Power 5 Big 12. Unbeaten this season, TCU may make national playoffs denied TCU when it was unbeaten in the Mountain West. Big 12 wins that one.

Texas A&M had double-digit wins once in 16 years in the Big 12. Aggies won 11 in first SEC season. Big 12 wins that one.

WVU, despite 41-30 record since joining Big 12, is in Top 25 nearly every season and collects nearly $40 million compared to the $10 million in its now-extinct Big East days. Big 12 wins that one.

Nebraska, 55-31 since leaving Big 12 for Big 10, has plateaued. Big 12 at least a tossup in that one.

Missouri, 39-32 since leaving the Big 12, was in seven consecutive bowl games before leaving the Big 12, but may miss a bowl for the 4th time in 6 seasons this year. Big 12 wins that one.

Maybe leaving the Big 12 was a bad idea? Maybe joining the Big 12 was a great idea.

That's not an unbiased look.

One the one hand, you count A&M as a "win" for the Big 12, because A&M only had 1 double-digit win in the Big 12, but then had one the first year in the SEC. That would imply it's a "win" for the Big 12, because it proves the Big 12 is more competitive.

However, you then go on to count Missouri as a "win" for the Big 12, because Missouri made 7 straight bowl games in the Big 12, but might make only 2 in 6 seasons. Here, the implication is that Missouri is a "win" for the Big 12, because Missouri struggled after leaving the conference.

So, here are the conditions you've set up: Team struggles after leaving conference = win for Big 12. Team has success after leaving the conference = win for the Big 12. So no matter what happens, you claim it as success for the Big 12.

You also do the same thing regarding finances. You point out how West Virginia wen from $10 million to nearly $40 million after joining the Big 12. However, Missouri and Texas A&M went from $20 million to $40 million after joining the Big 12. If you are going to count that as a "win" for Big 12, you have to do the same thing for the SEC.

Leaving the Big 12 to join the B1G or the SEC is hazardous to your win/loss record, and that's a FACT.

Here are your facts, tofu boy. But you can't handle the truth. Just like Donald Trump, Putin's marionette toy.

Team that left are worse off. Teams that joined are better off. Not my opinion. But from an unbiased source.

You lose again. But don't worry. Even after Penn State beats tofu again, the College Football Pretzel committee will concoct a new way to get tofu in the national playoffs so tofu can get shut out again.

One the one hand, you count A&M as a "win" for the Big 12, because A&M only had 1 double-digit win in the Big 12, but then had one the first year in the SEC. That would imply it's a "win" for the Big 12, because it proves the Big 12 is more competitive.

However, you then go on to count Missouri as a "win" for the Big 12, because Missouri made 7 straight bowl games in the Big 12, but might make only 2 in 6 seasons. Here, the implication is that Missouri is a "win" for the Big 12, because Missouri struggled after leaving the conference.

So, here are the conditions you've set up: Team struggles after leaving conference = win for Big 12. Team has success after leaving the conference = win for the Big 12. So no matter what happens, you claim it as success for the Big 12.

You also do the same thing regarding finances. You point out how West Virginia wen from $10 million to nearly $40 million after joining the Big 12. However, Missouri and Texas A&M went from $20 million to $40 million after joining the Big 12. If you are going to count that as a "win" for Big 12, you have to do the same thing for the SEC.

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU WELL AND SANE. WE'RE HAVING SO MUCH FUN IN THE BIG 12 THAT WVU HAS PROVEN IT'S A GREAT CONFERENCE TO BE IN. THE MOST ENTERTAINING CONFERENCE IN AMERICA THIS SEASON, ESPN SAYS. SO YOU WANT TO CHALLENGE ESPN, TOO. THE BIG 12 IS THE BIG BOY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, EXCEPT FOR ALABAMA. AND ALABAMA HAD TO GET A WEST VIRGINIA GUY TO WIN.

MAY GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU WELL AND SANE. WE'RE HAVING SO MUCH FUN IN THE BIG 12 THAT WVU HAS PROVEN IT'S A GREAT CONFERENCE TO BE IN. THE MOST ENTERTAINING CONFERENCE IN AMERICA THIS SEASON, ESPN SAYS. SO YOU WANT TO CHALLENGE ESPN, TOO. THE BIG 12 IS THE BIG BOY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL, EXCEPT FOR ALABAMA. AND ALABAMA HAD TO GET A WEST VIRGINIA GUY TO WIN.

None of what you just said addresses the points I made. Classic deflection.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Is Big 12 really that deep? Or are they just not as good as we think. Biggest win was Oklahoma over Ohio St. Where are the other OOC wins that matter?

TCU beat 2-5 Arkansas. Not a good win
Oklahoma State beat 3-5 Pitt team. Not a good win
WVU lost to 6-1 VT
K. State lost 3-4 Vandy.
Baylor 0-7 lost to 4-4 Duke
Kansas didn't play a P5 and lost to 4-4 Central Michigan, 6-2 Ohio team
TTU beat a 4-3 ASU team
Texas lost to 3-4 Maryland and 6-2 USC
ISU lost 4-3 Iowa.

Only one big P5 win.

How many does the SEC have

One S Carolina over NC State

Mizzou and A&M didn't make the same amount of money in the Big XII
More importantly SEC signed their contract with ESPN before the move and the Big XII agreed to their media contracts after the teams left

More importantly Aggy and Mizzou had the right to third tier rights in the Big XII

Mizzou and A&M didn't make the same amount of money in the Big XII
More importantly SEC signed their contract with ESPN before the move and the Big XII agreed to their media contracts after the teams left

More importantly Aggy and Mizzou had the right to third tier rights in the Big XII

The SEC renegotiated their contract with ESPN after Missouri and A&M joined. Plus they also got the conference network on top of that. I'm not sure as to your point of Missouri and A&M not making the same money in the Big 12, but the bottom line is both are making way more now than they did before joining the SEC.

For the 1 millionth time, Tier 3 rights are not as valuable as you think they are. The TV portion of the Tier 3 rights are MAYBE worth $2-3 million. Texas is the only school who can pull in significant amounts from those rights, because they have a subscription based network. Aside from that, the rest of the Tier 3 components (radio, internet) are still retained by the schools in the SEC, just like everywhere else. I don't know why some people can't, or refuse, to understand this.

The SEC renegotiated their contract with ESPN after Missouri and A&M joined. Plus they also got the conference network on top of that. I'm not sure as to your point of Missouri and A&M not making the same money in the Big 12, but the bottom line is both are making way more now than they did before joining the SEC.

For the 1 millionth time, Tier 3 rights are not as valuable as you think they are. The TV portion of the Tier 3 rights are MAYBE worth $2-3 million. Texas is the only school who can pull in significant amounts from those rights, because they have a subscription based network. Aside from that, the rest of the Tier 3 components (radio, internet) are still retained by the schools in the SEC, just like everywhere else. I don't know why some people can't, or refuse, to understand this.

The SEC already had the conference network before Mizzou and A&M

You just regurgitate what the media tells you. Think for yourself.

Why do you think Oklahoma makes the same amount of money as the schools in the SEC even with their huge contract with ESPN

More importantly ESPN is trying to force Texas into the SEC and ESPN will back Texas in a power struggle with Bama

Without ESPN's claws Bama still maintains control of the SEC.
Thing is UT has a way better idea than the SEC

Wrong again. WVU get $6 million to $8 million through IMF and other avenues. Check for yourself. I'm tired of doing your fact-checking for you because you're too lazy to do it for yourself or afraid you won't like what you find.

Wrong again. WVU get $6 million to $8 million through IMF and other avenues. Check for yourself. I'm tired of doing your fact-checking for you because you're too lazy to do it for yourself or afraid you won't like what you find.

No, I'm not wrong. Here is what I said:

The TV portion of the Tier 3 rights are MAYBE worth $2-3 million.

West Virginia's Tier 3 contract with IMF is all-inclusive. That contract includes television AND radio AND multimedia. So, no, West Virginia is not making $6-8 million on the TV portion of the Tier 3 rights. They are making $6-8 million on ALL of the Tier 3 rights, and TV is only part of it. So yeah, when you break it all down, West Virginia's TV portion is maybe $2-3 million.

Get YOUR facts straight.

Reactions: Rootmaster
The SEC already had the conference network before Mizzou and A&M

You just regurgitate what the media tells you. Think for yourself.

Why do you think Oklahoma makes the same amount of money as the schools in the SEC even with their huge contract with ESPN

More importantly ESPN is trying to force Texas into the SEC and ESPN will back Texas in a power struggle with Bama

Without ESPN's claws Bama still maintains control of the SEC.
Thing is UT has a way better idea than the SEC

Uh, no. Missouri and A&M joined the SEC in 2012. The SEC got the conference network in 2014. The SEC and ESPN actually signed the contract for the network in 2013.

Uh, no. Missouri and A&M joined the SEC in 2012. The SEC got the conference network in 2014. The SEC and ESPN actually signed the contract for the network in 2013.

ESPN's original contract with the SEC for the prime time game and possibly a conference network was signed in 2008
This is when they gave away their third tier rights
Raycom used to own the third tier rights

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=3553033

You sound like the type who sits on the toilet with the seat up at least twice a week.
Do you keep an extra couple of towels in the bathroom for your mistakes

Dude you are truly the weirdest troll I've come across since 2002. I must have left a major dent in one of your dumbasss Big12 post.

What does the Maryland win over Texas have to do with OU, OSU or TCU making the playoffs? If thats the case no one in the acc should make playoffs since Syracuse lost to middle tenn state and then turns around and beats clemson. LSU losses to troy, so no one in SEC should get any say in playoffs. Conferences have bad losses and should not affect all conference members. History shows the reason Alabama, Texas, OU, Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio St, USC, UCLA, Florida St, Miami, Penn St and even Pitt back in the day was able to win because they could stock talent so other teams couldn't have them. Alot of those conferences had 2 really good teams and the rest were average. Now conferences have 5-6 good teams and the only conference that play everyone is b12 and they get punished.
When they set scholarship limits that is when the conferences started getting more competitive. All the other conferences have it right, get 12-14 teams, your top teams play only a couple ranked teams every year, lose one and still be in position to play for title. Most b12 teams play 5-6 ranked teams per year and can't afford to lose 2. Funny because the playoff committee said they want to see better competition. Alabama has played one ranked team so far, which is not even receiving votes anymore with the possibility of playing 3 more, 2 of which are bottom half of top-25. Penn St will be playing only their 2nd ranked team this weekend. UGA has only played 2 ranked teams and TCU will be playing its 3rd ranked team with 2 more on the schedule. So how is it fair just because of name recognition that someone in b12 could lose one game playing 5/6 ranked teams be left out over someone playing less ranked teams and losing to the one loss b12 team.

The point is the "Big12 beats up the Big12" doesn't have traction outside of Big12 country. The Big12 homer(not you) thinks that but no one on the Committee thinks like that unless they are connected to the Big12. Your post was excellent and I agree with most of it!!! But, right or wrong, the Big12 fights the same national respect issue that the Big East and ACC use to fight. I've always believed that every P5 Conference should have have its champion in playoff with the argument being focused on teams 6,7 and 8.

Where do you get 5-0? Right now they have played one ranked team and we know how that worked out. If they win out that will be 4-1 against ranked teams if Michigan doesn't lose another game. If Oklahoma wins out they would be 5-1 in games against ranked teams, with one of them coming against OSU. You can do all the polls you want, anyone with a mind would pick OU over OSU for a spot in the playoffs.

You're naive then. The committee will never put OU in over a one loss Ohio State. They've proven that. This isn't a discussion of who is better. That's what some of you don't accept. Two things are clear with how the committee votes. One is that they vote the Big Ten and SEC clearly in front of the other 3 P5s. Two is it seems obvious the committee is influenced by factors that hurt the Big12 i.e. Footprint, ESPN and/or conference brand and respect.

West Virginia's Tier 3 contract with IMF is all-inclusive. That contract includes television AND radio AND multimedia. So, no, West Virginia is not making $6-8 million on the TV portion of the Tier 3 rights. They are making $6-8 million on ALL of the Tier 3 rights, and TV is only part of it. So yeah, when you break it all down, West Virginia's TV portion is maybe $2-3 million.

Get YOUR facts straight.
$6 to $8 million is correct. I don't care if it's TV, radio or going to the potty money, it's $6 to $8 million that WVU didn't get when it was in the Big East. Your deflection is clever, but immaterial. WVU is getting triple to quadruple what it got during its Big East days. All that counts is how much went into the bank account. I couldn't care less whether it came from TV, radio or potty dimes.

Get YOUR facts straight.

Last edited:
I believe the SEC gave up their third tier rights before then.

No they didn't. You are way too obstinate about this. The SEC schools had their Tier 3 deals up until they signed the new contract with ESPN in 2013 (which is what created the conference network). The SEC repurchased its Tier 3 rights in April of 2013. Then the SEC signed the new contract with ESPN in May of 2013.

ESPN's original contract with the SEC for the prime time game and possibly a conference network was signed in 2008
This is when they gave away their third tier rights
Raycom used to own the third tier rights

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=3553033

Sorry, no, that's incorrect. Raycom had the SEC's Tier 2 rights, not Tier 3. As I just told the other poster, the SEC repurchased their Tier 3 rights in April of 2013. In fact, in September of 2008 ( one month after the deal with ESPN), Florida renewed their Tier 3 contract with Sun Sports.

You guys are simply way off on the facts.

$6 to $8 million is correct. I don't care if it's TV, radio or going to the potty money, it's $6 to $8 million that WVU didn't get when it was in the Big East. Your deflection is clever, but immaterial. WVU is getting triple to quadruple what it got during its Big East days. All that counts is how much went into the bank account. I couldn't care less whether it came from TV, radio or potty dimes.

Not true. West Virginia got $6 million a year from their old Tier 3 contract with West Virginia Radio Corp., which West Virginia had while still in the Big East.

I'm also not deflecting at all. You claimed I was incorrect, and I wasn't. West Virginia had a Tier 3 contract when they were in the Big East which paid similar (not quite as much) to what West Virginia gets now. The Tier 3 contract is/was independent of the conference, be it the Big East or the Big 12. I'll agree with you that overall, West Virginia makes more money in the Big 12, but that's not because of Tier 3 money. It's because of the Big 12's league contract, not Tier 3 money.

Also, whether the Tier 3 money comes from Tier 3 money DOES matter, because that was the entire point I was making to the other poster. I was responding to his point about Tier 3 money. You jumped into that conversation, and tried to argue a point that was unrelated to the issue being discussed by the other poster and me.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
No they didn't. You are way too obstinate about this. The SEC schools had their Tier 3 deals up until they signed the new contract with ESPN in 2013 (which is what created the conference network). The SEC repurchased its Tier 3 rights in April of 2013. Then the SEC signed the new contract with ESPN in May of 2013.

Sorry, no, that's incorrect. Raycom had the SEC's Tier 2 rights, not Tier 3. As I just told the other poster, the SEC repurchased their Tier 3 rights in April of 2013. In fact, in September of 2008 ( one month after the deal with ESPN), Florida renewed their Tier 3 contract with Sun Sports.

You guys are simply way off on the facts.

Not true. West Virginia got $6 million a year from their old Tier 3 contract with West Virginia Radio Corp., which West Virginia had while still in the Big East.

I'm also not deflecting at all. You claimed I was incorrect, and I wasn't. West Virginia had a Tier 3 contract when they were in the Big East which paid similar (not quite as much) to what West Virginia gets now. The Tier 3 contract is/was independent of the conference, be it the Big East or the Big 12. I'll agree with you that overall, West Virginia makes more money in the Big 12, but that's not because of Tier 3 money. It's because of the Big 12's league contract, not Tier 3 money.

Also, whether the Tier 3 money comes from Tier 3 money DOES matter, because that was the entire point I was making to the other poster. I was responding to his point about Tier 3 money. You jumped into that conversation, and tried to argue a point that was unrelated to the issue being discussed by the other poster and me.

Do you understand the difference between Texas and Oklahoma and the SEC in terms of revenue.

In potential growth mainly.

I know in Austin the 05-06 school year may return soon and once it does it may be like that for more years than it is not

Ranked #1 in football, basketball and baseball the same school year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT