ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 is the deepest conference in America !!!!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
At last the Big 12 is recognized as the #1 college football conference in America when it comes to depth.

The Big 12 has more teams in the top 25 than any other conference.

HALF the Big 12 schools are in the top 25. No other conference comes close to 50%.

TCU is #4. Oklahoma is #10/#9. Oklahoma State is #11/#12. West Virginia is #22. Iowa State (!) is #25.

Texas, Texas Tech and Kansas State are tough teams to beat, too.

Even Baylor, in last place, has lost 4 of its 7 games by 1 to 8 points. And while starting more freshmen than all but 3 other FBS schools!

Kansas is, well, Kansas. A school waiting for basketball season to start.

Winning a game in the Big 12 is tougher than whipping Ohio State. Just ask Oklahoma.

Big 12 — 5

Big Ten — 4

ACC — 4

Pac-12 — 4

SEC — 4

American — 3

Independent — 1

All of which will make for a fantastic 5 final Big 12 weeks of the season plus the conference title game. Who knows who will be the participants? Maybe WVU and Iowa State. It could happen.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24
O bliterated East Carolina, 56-20
U nhinged Delaware State, 59-16
N ot sharp but beat Kansas, 56-34
T ops statistically but tough loss to TCU, 31-24
A mbushed Texas Tech, 46-35, with 20:49 minute goose egg
I nvincible to inept, nipped Baylor, 38-36
N ullify Oklahoma State
E rectile dysfunction Iowa State
E masculate Kansas State
R eam Texas
S hock Oklahoma

And that's one of the reasons the b12 has a problem making playoff. The champion could easily have 2 losses.

And that's one of the reasons the b12 has a problem making playoff. The champion could easily have 2 losses.
One way to solve that problem: EVERY Big 12 teams goes undefeated in EVERY non-conference game. Then even the doo-doo heads of the College Football Pretzel committee would have trouble contorting itself to figure out a way to get Ohio State in instead.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to
Virginia Tech, 31-24
N ullify Oklahoma State
E masculate Kansas State
R eam Texas
S hock Oklahoma

I think all West Virgina fans need to make sure their newspaper journalist votes for Big XII teams
Write him an email every week promoting the Big XII then the Big XII can make sure they get into the CFP

Here are the main journalist who have disrespected the Big XII
I wrote them all emails. These journalist must understand who the Big XII is
This week we have
Nick Wright Albuquerque Journal
Parrish Alford Daily Journal out of Tupelo, MS
Tom Murphy Arkansas Democrat Gazette

From a fans' point of view ours is the fairest when it comes to picking a champion. It's the regular season record which should be the deciding factor. The conference championship game to me is just puke. And all the other conference every doesn't play everybody else so they are farces.

Reactions: GoWVU
From a fans' point of view ours is the fairest when it comes to picking a champion. It's the regular season record which should be the deciding factor. The conference championship game to me is just puke. And all the other conference every doesn't play everybody else so they are farces.

You have the understand the four main reasons why TCU was screwed in 2014
1. TCU/Baylor situation
2. TCU played Iowa State last game and the other schools played in championship games against quality opponents
3. Lack of quality wins outside of the Big XII
4. No one outside of TCU in this conference had TCU's back.

If you study the SEC and thier rise to power.
It all started in between 03-06.
1. Split national championship
2. Auburn was left out in 04
3. Florida was going to be overlooked for a Michigan Ohio State rematch

First Big XII school who was screwed was Oklahoma State in 2011 second Big XII screwed was TCU in 2014.
Now we are in 2017. TCU will get screwed again unless the Big XII circles its wagons

Reactions: express
Agreed that there are a lot of good teams in the Big 12-2=10. Also like the fact that everyone plays everyone and the best rises to the top. Now with that said. There is nothing very smart about having a round robin and parity league and then matching the top two teams for "championship game". Isn't the point of the round robin, small ten team footprint, that a true champion gets there by beating their rivals week in and week out. If one team wins all and then loses in the faux championship game do you really think that team or the winning one or two loss team is going to jump SEC teams for example. Hardly. The conference by having some real parity, playing round robin, and then holding a strictly "go for the quick money" championship game is set up to routinely be left out of the playoffs. Had they expanded to 12 or 14 and had the championship game with the possibility of two undefeated teams meeting in the league championship game then the depth of the Big 12-2=10 would be a positive. Now, however, the league would be better off with one power and a bunch of cattle. Lousy setup that means great week to week play but a weaker chance at the playoffs.

Agreed that there are a lot of good teams in the Big 12-2=10. Also like the fact that everyone plays everyone and the best rises to the top. Now with that said. There is nothing very smart about having a round robin and parity league and then matching the top two teams for "championship game". Isn't the point of the round robin, small ten team footprint, that a true champion gets there by beating their rivals week in and week out. If one team wins all and then loses in the faux championship game do you really think that team or the winning one or two loss team is going to jump SEC teams for example. Hardly. The conference by having some real parity, playing round robin, and then holding a strictly "go for the quick money" championship game is set up to routinely be left out of the playoffs. Had they expanded to 12 or 14 and had the championship game with the possibility of two undefeated teams meeting in the league championship game then the depth of the Big 12-2=10 would be a positive. Now, however, the league would be better off with one power and a bunch of cattle. Lousy setup that means great week to week play but a weaker chance at the playoffs.

You can't do that because if the illusion around the country was that Texas and Oklahoma did not play anyone it would be tough to get into the CFP.

If you look at the SEC blueprint. A lot of good SEC teams without Bama. SEC is then considered the best conference and Bama starts winning. Bama continues to win and the SEC drop offs but SEC is still considered the best conference even if it is just one team that is great

At last the Big 12 is recognized as the #1 college football conference in America when it comes to depth.

HALF the Big 12 schools are in the top 25. No other conference comes close to 50%.

TCU is #4. Oklahoma is #10/#9. Oklahoma State is #11/#12. West Virginia is #22. Iowa State (!) is #25.

Even Baylor, in last place, has lost 4 of its 7 games by 1 to 8 points. And while starting more freshmen than all but 3 other FBS schools!

Winning a game in the Big 12 is tougher than whipping Ohio State. Just ask Oklahoma.

Big 12 — 5

Big Ten — 4

ACC — 4

Pac-12 — 4

SEC — 4

American — 3

Independent — 1

All of which will make for a fantastic 5 final Big 12 weeks of the season plus the conference title game. Who knows who will be the participants? Maybe WVU and Iowa State. It could happen.

M istakes by special teams + absence of Simms & Long = loss to Virginia Tech, 31-24
N ullify Oklahoma State
E masculate Kansas State
R eam Texas
S hock Oklahoma

The bottom of the B12 is DREADFUL, and the top teams are not as good as the top teams of the SEC, ACC, and B10.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
illusion around the country was that Texas and Oklahoma did not play anyone it would be tough to get into the CFP.

Don't know where you got this impression CoolHand. Bottom line it will be wins and more wins to get into the playoffs if you are a P5 conference member or Notre Lame

Baylor lost to Liberty and UT-San Antonio and Kansas was whipped by two MAC schools. These schools represent 20% of the Big 12. OP is desperate, and obsessed with the 2014 National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes, about whom he incessantly babbles in every thread. Come up with something new, old man.

The bottom of the B12 is DREADFUL, and the top teams are not as good as the top teams of the SEC, ACC, and B10.
I respectfully disagree. There's only ONE team in the Big 12 that is at the "bottom," in reality, and that's Kansas. Baylor is winless but had 4 games when it finished with 1 to 8 points of the victory.

I'll give you Alabama because it's run by a fellow Monongah High alumnus in Nick Saban, but the ACC? Big 10 maybe it Penn State beats Ohio State.

After all, Oklahoma easily beat Ohio State but then lost to Iowa State, which usually is at the bottom of the Big 12 standings with Kansas. Think about that: Beating Ohio State is easier than beating perennial Big 12 doormat Iowa State. That would be like Indiana beating Penn State after losing to Florida International (which the Hoovers might have done if the game, fortunately for Indiana, wasn't cancelled by a hurricane).

Big 12 — 5

Big Ten — 4

ACC — 4

Pac-12 — 4

SEC — 4

American — 3

Independent — 1

N ullify Oklahoma State
E masculate Kansas State
R eam Texas
S hock Oklahoma

LOL at homerism OP!!! The % arguments from insecure Bug12 homers are hilarious! Imagine if WVU was in the Terific Three Conference. 66% of the conference would be tough-as-nails! Incredible depth. By % hands down toughest conference. Let’s see how it all works out slick.

When and how was that ever a playoff problem. Committee blew off Big12 lightweights in year one and some of you haven’t recovered. Get over it and move on to this year. If TCU wins out they go. If not then a second one loss Big Ten team or a second one loss team from SEC probably goes. Leaving your tough tough conference out one again. The rest of the world has not caught up to your Big12 euphoria.

If TCU wins out they go. If not then a second one loss Big Ten team or a second one loss team from SEC probably goes. Leaving your tough tough conference out one again. The rest of the world has not caught up to your Big12 euphoria.
Don't forget about the Irish. With their schedule, if they win out, they're likely in.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Baylor lost to Liberty and UT-San Antonio and Kansas was whipped by two MAC schools. These schools represent 20% of the Big 12. OP is desperate, and obsessed with the 2014 National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes, about whom he incessantly babbles in every thread. Come up with something new, old man.

But Oklahoma whipped your a**es

Even took over your stadium.

Kinda like how Vince Young did in 2005.

Ohio State can't mess with Texas or Oklahoma neither can Michigan

Texas is 3-1 against them, 10-4 against Nebraska 2-3 and against Penn St.

15-8 against all the great teams in the BIG

Oklahoma is 2-0 against Penn St
1-0 against Michigan
2-2 Ohio State
45-38-3 Nebraska

50-40-3 against the top 4 in B1G

65-48-3 UT and OU against your best

Don't forget about the Irish. With their schedule, if they win out, they're likely in.

Agree 100%!!! If ND wins out it will be very tough for a one loss team from both the ACC and the Big12 to get in. Either a one loss Clemson or a one loss Big12 team will be out. Imagine the breakdown on this site if that happens. Homers here are convinced the Big12 gets screwed every year.

But Oklahoma whipped your a**es

Even took over your stadium.

Kinda like how Vince Young did in 2005.

Ohio State can't mess with Texas or Oklahoma neither can Michigan

Texas is 3-1 against them, 10-4 against Nebraska 2-3 and against Penn St.

15-8 against all the great teams in the BIG

Hey Texan retard......everyone knows Big Ten good Big12 not so much. Go to the MB and put a poll up asking who the worst confernce is of the P5s haha.

Hey Texan retard......everyone knows Big Ten good Big12 not so much. Go to the MB and put a poll up asking who the worst confernce is of the P5s haha.

BIG is horrible
Texas and Oklahoma would win that conference every year.

Don't be an idiot.
This is a Big XII team's board

Agree 100%!!! If ND wins out it will be very tough for a one loss team from both the ACC and the Big12 to get in. Either a one loss Clemson or a one loss Big12 team will be out. Imagine the breakdown on this site if that happens. Homers here are convinced the Big12 gets screwed every year.
I'm anticipating my friend Cuyahoga to be very upset. You have Bama and Georgia, both possibly getting in. B1G has winner of PSU-OSU likely in, but don't sleep on the Badgers. ND should be favored the rest of way out, although they have some tough opponents in NC State, Miami, and Stanford. Clemson wins out, and it will be tough to keep the defending champs out, knowing they lost their QB early in the Cuse loss. Could be very interesting come selection day.

Your a flipping idiot. Next time Texas is relevant let us know.
You are*

Texas is always relevant. UT is so relevant they can take a step back and build the conference.

Problem is after this year UT will take the training wheels off a lot of programs and the old days will return.
If the Big XII fails it is on everyone else because Texas had spent 6 years now trying to develop a football mindset in this conference

Michigan 66 wins
Texas 71 wins

So if Texas is irrelevant so is Michigan

Hey retard Ohio State carried the torch and represented the Big Ten nationally at that point. The best thing the Big12 did was to get a lucky grab with WVU. Remember the Okie disasters in the Majors? You come here f’n on WVU. Now you come off as a know nothing Conference retard.

You are*

Texas is always relevant. UT is so relevant they can take a step back and build the conference.

Problem is after this year UT will take the training wheels off a lot of programs and the old days will return.
If the Big XII fails it is on everyone else because Texas had spent 6 years now trying to develop a football mindset in this conference

You are literally retarded! But some of your points are very intredasting!!! Hmmm!

2008- present
Michigan 70 wins
Texas 74 wins

So if Texas is irrelevant so is Michigan
Who said Michigan was relevant? You're the goof claiming Texas or Oklahoma would win the B1G each and every year, despite everyone with partial amount of brain matter knowing better.

And...for what it's worth, Michigan has gone 10-3, 10-3, and 5-2, and been a ranked team for the last three years since Harbaugh was hired. Don't be squeezing no Rich-Rod filth into the thread by including the program's worst years ever when he was there.

Hey retard Ohio State carried the torch and represented the Big Ten nationally at that point. The best thing the Big12 did was to get a lucky grab with WVU. Remember the Okie disasters in the Majors? You come here f’n on WVU. Now you come off as a know nothing Conference retard.

Didn't Ohio State lose to USC twice
And lose 5 consecutive BCS bowls
Before 2014 Ohio St's only major bowl win was vacated because of Pryor.
Not counting a win against Oregon. Everyone outside of the PAC owned Oregon
Check your facts
Texas beat Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl one of those years

Didn't Ohio State lose to USC twice
And lose 5 consecutive BCS bowls
Before 2014 Ohio St's only major bowl win was vacated because of Pryor.

Check your facts
Texas beat Ohio St in the Fiesta Bowl one of those years

Let’s talk playoffs retard. Proceed.

I'm anticipating my friend Cuyahoga to be very upset. You have Bama and Georgia, both possibly getting in. B1G has winner of PSU-OSU likely in, but don't sleep on the Badgers. ND should be favored the rest of way out, although they have some tough opponents in NC State, Miami, and Stanford. Clemson wins out, and it will be tough to keep the defending champs out, knowing they lost their QB early in the Cuse loss. Could be very interesting come selection day.
Not to worry. They don't know what I know because of my decades of paid sports expertise.

Notre Dame won't get by Miami and Stanford and might even lose to North Carolina State, Wake Forest or Navy (those Midshipmen can be tough; just ask anyone who faces them in battles).

I can't root against Penn State because my son-in-law, a good and smart guy, is a Nittany Lion alumnus. But winning out might be tough for both Penn State and the tofu team (why would a bean curd be the initials for a nut? I would hide if I had a school with those initials!).

I know the College Pretzel Committee already is thinking up ways to force tofu into the playoffs even if the Buckeyes lost to Penn State and Michigan. Those guys must stay up really late at night trying to figure how to line up a team that can't even score a point.

At 84.92 years of age, I'm having too much fun. I shouldn't do it because it's not nice to get into a battle of wits with a half-armed boy. But they sort of dare me.

N ullify Oklahoma State

E masculate Kansas State

R eam Texas

S hock Oklahoma

Let’s talk playoffs retard. Proceed.

Your speaking about a 3 year period.
The BIG is .500 in 4 games

That is not that impressive with two of the losses being blowouts.

Texas at its peak is much better than Ohio State at its peak.
Michigan was impressive against Texas in 04 in the Rose Bowl but Michigan cannot compete with any of the other blueblood programs any longer except for ND

That might be changing because ND is looking to take a step up in recruiting

UT and Ohio State have another home and home coming up.

We will leave it at that either UT takes a 4-1 lead in the series, the series becomes UT 3-2 or Ohio State takes a 3-2 lead. We will see.

Great football games.
Texas/Ohio St might be the greatest matchup considering how each state cares about football and the overall dominance each school has in their state

Your speaking about a 3 year period.
The BIG is .500 in 4 games

That is not that impressive with two of the losses being blowouts.

Texas at its peak is much better than Ohio State at its peak.
Michigan was impressive against Texas in 04 in the Rose Bowl but Michigan cannot compete with any of the other blueblood programs any longer except for ND

That might be changing because ND is looking to take a step up in recruiting

Sure! Let’s talk playoff period! Or maybe why the GOR hasn’t been extended leaving the Big12 unstable and dangling in the wind. Why talk about a Texas program that has nothing to do with the Mac years. Why talk about an Oklahoma program that has nothing to do with Stoops. Let’s talk facts today. Michigan relevant today. Texas Not relevant today. Oklahoma still dropping eggs this year. Ohio State, Wisky and Penn State driving Big Ten toward real playoff teams. Proceed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT