ADVERTISEMENT

ACC still tops

The BIG 12 at least faced some higher seeds, and theyve beaten higher seeds than the Pac has even played so far. No comparison.
Hey buck USC is an 11th seed and based on seeding they should have been bounced in the 1st round. If you look at actually seeding no big 12 has beaten a team it wasn't supposed too.

Lol, too late to save your opinion for later. Your opinion is well documented in this tgread. You started this thread, proclaiming the ACC to be hands down the best. When other posters pointed out that, per cent age wise, there were others, you called them lame brains and idiots.

So, using your logic, the ACC has already lost 6 teams from this tournament, so they are by far the worst conference this year. Remember, per cent ages are for losers.

Have to admit it's pretty funny what the ACC did this year!!!

Obviously the Big Ten ranks supreme this year. Congrats to the Big for establishing that they deserve the conference title this year. No one cares about second.

Lol, too late to save your opinion for later. Your opinion is well documented in this tgread. You started this thread, proclaiming the ACC to be hands down the best. When other posters pointed out that, per cent age wise, there were others, you called them lame brains and idiots.

So, using your logic, the ACC has already lost 6 teams from this tournament, so they are by far the worst conference this year. Remember, per cent ages are for losers.

You're right % is for losers. Agree

You're right % is for losers. Agree

So, then we can agree that the ACC sucks!

If wins only matter if it's against a higher seeded team and losses don't matter if they're against higher seeded teams, why even play this tournament?

Can we now put to bed the bogus argument that the Big 12 is anything more than the 2nd best conference? The facts point to number 3 or 4 for the Big12. Take Kansas out and the conference is nothing to pound a chest about.

Facts:
(1). Teams in the NCAAs. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 and Big 12 = 6
(2). Teams seeded as top 5 seeds. ACC = 6, Big 12 = 4, Big Ten = 2 and Big East = 2
(3). Teams seeded as top 3 seeds. ACC = 4, Big 12 = 2, Big Ten = 1 and Big East = 1
(4). Teams ranked in top 45 by NCAA Committee. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 Big12 = 5

So there it is boys and girls. This which conference is better fight ended in an ACC TKO. So feel free to knock yourself out with Fake News stats to explain somehow that the Big12 is better than the ACC. But know the entire country knows the ACC is the best hoop conference and the Committee agreed. The only discussion really is where does the Big12 rank against the Big Ten and Big East. I think there are arguments for all 3 conferences to stake a claim for #2 conference. Fact #4 hurts the Big 12 but to me facts #2 and #3 means the most because those prove where the best teams play.

So the conference rankings, to me, goes like this: ACC, Big12, Big Ten then the Big East

Thoughts on if you see Big12 in front of Big Ten and Big East or did Big12 slip to #3 or #4?

Well at this moment of the 5 major conferences, four have three teams each in the Sweet 16 and the one that started with the most has 1. Guess which conference that fifth one is? That's probably fake news or a Beta, whatever that is.

Can we now put to bed the bogus argument that the Big 12 is anything more than the 2nd best conference? The facts point to number 3 or 4 for the Big12.

So there it is boys and girls. This which conference is better fight ended in an ACC TKO.

ACC goes 1-5 in the second round.

Congratulations?

ACC has 1 team in the sweet 16 out of a 15 team conference. Big XII has 3 in the sweet 16 out of a 10 team conference.

Congratulations for being the dumbest poster on this board.

Maybe the osu grad can come get your back but I would imagine he has left the thread too.

Congratulations?

ACC has 1 team in the sweet 16 out of a 15 team conference. Big XII has 3 in the sweet 16 out of a 10 team conference.

Maybe the osu grad can come get your back but I would imagine he has left the thread too.

The entire country outside of Big12 stated the same thing. I agreed. Can't speak for them but I know obviously the ACC was overrated this year. ACC had 4 or 5 teams seeded to reach sweet16 and that didn't happen. No shame in being wrong on things at times. Remember though that 3 teams doesn't show any kind of dominance. Lots of conferences do that every year. Dominance for a given year starts at 4 teams in sweet16. This year is all about parity obviously.

The entire country outside of Big12 stated the same thing. I agreed. Can't speak for them but I know obviously the ACC was overrated this year. ACC had 4 or 5 teams seeded to reach sweet16 and that didn't happen. No shame in being wrong on things at times. Remember though that 3 teams doesn't show any kind of dominance. Lots of conferences do that every year. Dominance for a given year starts at 4 teams in sweet16. This year is all about parity obviously.
Quit ignoring the elephant in the room. 30% of the Big 12's members are in the Sweet Sixteen. No other conference did that well. I congratulate the Big 10, SEC and Pac-12 for also getting 3, but they have more members than the Big 12 so their percentages are lower.

No shame in being wrong but you frequently take it to another whole level. "ACC TKO". Call WVU posters homers, delusional, etc.

You deserve a figurative ass whooping on this one.

Reactions: cosmo kramEER
Can we now put to bed the bogus argument that the Big 12 is anything more than the 2nd best conference? The facts point to number 3 or 4 for the Big12. Take Kansas out and the conference is nothing to pound a chest about.

Facts:
(1). Teams in the NCAAs. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 and Big 12 = 6
(2). Teams seeded as top 5 seeds. ACC = 6, Big 12 = 4, Big Ten = 2 and Big East = 2
(3). Teams seeded as top 3 seeds. ACC = 4, Big 12 = 2, Big Ten = 1 and Big East = 1
(4). Teams ranked in top 45 by NCAA Committee. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 Big12 = 5

So there it is boys and girls. This which conference is better fight ended in an ACC TKO. So feel free to knock yourself out with Fake News stats to explain somehow that the Big12 is better than the ACC. But know the entire country knows the ACC is the best hoop conference and the Committee agreed. The only discussion really is where does the Big12 rank against the Big Ten and Big East. I think there are arguments for all 3 conferences to stake a claim for #2 conference. Fact #4 hurts the Big 12 but to me facts #2 and #3 means the most because those prove where the best teams play.

So the conference rankings, to me, goes like this: ACC, Big12, Big Ten then the Big East

Thoughts on if you see Big12 in front of Big Ten and Big East or did Big12 slip to #3 or #4?
Just seeing this. I hope Greggy came back to take his verbal abuse like a man and not run and hide like your typical ACC Bitch. What say you NOW Greggy? Lmao at YOU!

Of course not. But you little brother head cases can think whatever ya like. I love the poster that come to the party late. Welcome to my huge thread beta. I'll look for your next thread.

Man up Greg. Wasn't it you who said lets just wait and see how many A$$ teams make it sweet sixteen before calling them overrated. Well now we have nine out of freaking 10 A$$ programs going down down in 1st two rounds.

Hell even ESPN who are the biggest A$$ conference apologist could not spin the weak effort. They even admitted how grossly overrated it was all season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ment-struggles-prove-conference-was-overrated

Damn even ACC coaches and assistants are admitting they were overrated.

Quote: ""The league isn't very tough," one ACC assistant said. "Too much finesse. You have to be tough to win in the NCAA tourney."

Quote: "It was overrated," another ACC coach added. "I'll admit it. We won games in November and December, but most of our teams weren't that much better than teams in the other leagues. But we had a ton of résumé wins on the board because of Duke, North Carolina, Louisville and even Virginia -- and that allows the other teams to become overrated."

Quote ESPN: "Maybe we were right about the league (ACC) after all. Maybe it was in a class of its own, the most overrated in America."

Last edited:
This thread is the biggest karma beat down on a troll, I have ever witnessed. The OP started the thread to troll the board. He even stated in another thread he was going to riliel up the board with his ACC thread. Now he claims he knew the ACC was overrated. Posts by OP over the last two months bordered on obnoxious stating how much better the ACC was than B12. Karma has bitch slapped the OP harder than any of us could.

Reactions: Cheers
This thread is the biggest karma beat down on a troll, I have ever witnessed. The OP started the thread to troll the board. He even stated in another thread he was going to riliel up the board with his ACC thread. Now he claims he knew the ACC was overrated. Posts by OP over the last two months bordered on obnoxious stating how much better the ACC was than B12. Karma has bitch slapped the OP harder than any of us could.
Even UNC needed the worst no call in the tournament (maybe in history) to seal the deal Sunday night.

Congratulations?

Don't expect me to try to defend the indefensible. The ACC's tournament performance has been putrid. But thanks for obsessing over me, just the same.

Man up Greg. Wasn't it you who said lets just wait and see how many A$$ teams make it sweet sixteen before calling them overrated. Well now we have nine out of freaking 10 A$$ programs going down down in 1st two rounds.

Hell even ESPN who are the biggest A$$ conference apologist could not spin the weak effort. They even admitted how grossly overrated it was all season.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ment-struggles-prove-conference-was-overrated

Quote: ""The league isn't very tough," one ACC assistant said. "Too much finesse. You have to be tough to win in the NCAA tourney."

Quote: "It was overrated," another ACC coach added. "I'll admit it. We won games in November and December, but most of our teams weren't that much better than teams in the other leagues. But we had a ton of résumé wins on the board because of Duke, North Carolina, Louisville and even Virginia -- and that allows the other teams to become overrated."

Quote ESPN: "Maybe we were right about the league (ACC) after all. Maybe it was in a class of its own, the most overrated in America."

You're such a moron. Have you even read the posts today. If you can't read have someone read my posts to you ya moron.

Just seeing this. I hope Greggy came back to take his verbal abuse like a man and not run and hide like your typical ACC Bitch. What say you NOW Greggy? Lmao at YOU!

I manned up. I retracted and I'm here to answer all posts with my opinions.

You're such a moron. Have you even read the posts today. If you can't read have someone read my posts to you ya moron.

L...O...L....Wow!

No shame in being wrong but you frequently take it to another whole level. "ACC TKO". Call WVU posters homers, delusional, etc.

You deserve a figurative ass whooping on this one.

Really dude? You really take this stuff that seriously? I enjoy a lot of your posts!!! But some guys on these different team sites are nuts. I root for WVU as hard as any of these morons. Look at my post history. I don't troll wvu at all! I support the university and my family does as well. I hate the Big12 for wvu. So I don't troll wvu. I troll the handful of morons, homers and the lameass big12 football conference. Look at my posts. Never said hoops wasn't a strong conference. Me and 3 million others were wrong about ACC this year. Including the selection committee. The morons acting my opinion was crazy or not normal talking head stuff are funny to me. No worries no harm.

Really dude? You really take this stuff that seriously? I enjoy a lot of your posts!!! But some guys on these different team sites are nuts. I root for WVU as hard as any of these morons. Look at my post history. I don't troll wvu at all! I support the university and my family does as well. I hate the Big12 for wvu. So I don't troll wvu. I troll the handful of morons, homers and the lameass big12 football conference. Look at my posts. Never said hoops wasn't a strong conference. Me and 3 million others were wrong about ACC this year. Including the selection committee. The morons acting my opinion was crazy or not normal talking head stuff are funny to me. No worries no harm.

You do know the difference between "figurative" and "literal"?

Quit ignoring the elephant in the room. 30% of the Big 12's members are in the Sweet Sixteen. No other conference did that well. I congratulate the Big 10, SEC and Pac-12 for also getting 3, but they have more members than the Big 12 so their percentages are lower.

4 conferences with 3 teams each. ACC didn't hold up this year. Parity for the other P5s. Time to focus on WVUs run.

4 conferences with 3 teams each. ACC didn't hold up this year. Parity for the other P5s. Time to focus on WVUs run.
Agree. I always put my #1 priority on my alma mater.

But saying "parity" among all 4 P5 conferences is close, but misleading. No other conference has 30% of its members in the Sweet 16. That puts the Big 12 as the #1 conference in America in my view.

The view of a professional, well-paid sportswriter and sports expert who said weeks before March Madness that the ACC was vastly over-rated.

March Madness proved me right again.

Just as I was right about Ohio State, 3rd in the Big 10, not belonging in the national playoffs over the Big 10 champion, Penn State, that beat the Buckeyes in a face to face meeting.

Oh, I get it wrong, too. Every expert does. But not when I have said repeatedly that the ACC, THIS SEASON, is NOT the #1 conference. Big 10 did better than I expected, so I wasn't on the money there. But I sure hit the bullseye about the ACC being vastly over-rated, and took a lot of flak on this board about it. You know who they are, the people with egg on their faces.

I manned up. I retracted and I'm here to answer all posts with my opinions.
Well done sir. I will check your responses which I hope include some humble pie and a few bites of crow. The ACC was clearly overrated this year and the process and system used by the NCAA to measure the strength of teams (RPI) is clearly flawed. Have a good day. LGM

Reactions: Pitt4Life34

But saying "parity" among all 4 P5 conferences is close, but misleading. No other conference has 30% of its members in the Sweet 16. That puts the Big 12 as the #1 conference in America in my view.

The view of a professional, well-paid sportswriter and sports expert who said weeks before March Madness that the ACC was vastly over-rated.

Just as I was right about Ohio State, 3rd in the Big 10, not belonging in the national playoffs over the Big 10 champion, Penn State, that beat the Buckeyes in a face to face meeting.

Oh, I get it wrong, too. Every expert does. But not when I have said repeatedly that the ACC, THIS SEASON, is NOT the #1 conference. Big 10 did better than I expected, so I wasn't on the money there. But I sure hit the bullseye about the ACC being vastly over-rated, and took a lot of flak on this board about it. You know who they are, the people with egg on their faces.

Respectfully, for real, I've never bought into the % argument. Some argued that the Big East was just about having a ton of teams. To me the best conference has the most top 45-50 teams. I get that there are other arguments but a % argument places emphasis on less teams. I go with how many teams make the tourney. Then how many teams make the Sweet16. If 4 or 5 teams make it then there is a clear top dog. If not throw em all in a bucket and make an argument for a conference. But not a top dog. So that's how feel and this thread was all fun. Shouldn't be that serious but I know I jerked some chains and some guys on here need to get a life.

But you shit the bed about Big Ten. So what's the difference. Next year you go 1 for 2 and you're back to square one. So I thought the ACC was the strongest Conference. I was wrong. I also felt the Big12 wasn't gonna dominate the NCAAs like some of the homers thought. I was right. Now it's time to see who has the best teams. That's the Final Four. 4 conferences are in play. We shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: tOSUGrad90
The ACC is the WEAKEST of the P5 conferences. They never should have had 9 bids, and never a top seed. Ridiculous.

A historically bad collapse that may not be duplicated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT