ADVERTISEMENT

ACC still tops

Pitt4Life34

All-American
Nov 5, 2002
Can we now put to bed the bogus argument that the Big 12 is anything more than the 2nd best conference? The facts point to number 3 or 4 for the Big12. Take Kansas out and the conference is nothing to pound a chest about.

Facts:
(1). Teams in the NCAAs. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 and Big 12 = 6
(2). Teams seeded as top 5 seeds. ACC = 6, Big 12 = 4, Big Ten = 2 and Big East = 2
(3). Teams seeded as top 3 seeds. ACC = 4, Big 12 = 2, Big Ten = 1 and Big East = 1
(4). Teams ranked in top 45 by NCAA Committee. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 Big12 = 5

So there it is boys and girls. This which conference is better fight ended in an ACC TKO. So feel free to knock yourself out with Fake News stats to explain somehow that the Big12 is better than the ACC. But know the entire country knows the ACC is the best hoop conference and the Committee agreed. The only discussion really is where does the Big12 rank against the Big Ten and Big East. I think there are arguments for all 3 conferences to stake a claim for #2 conference. Fact #4 hurts the Big 12 but to me facts #2 and #3 means the most because those prove where the best teams play.

So the conference rankings, to me, goes like this: ACC, Big12, Big Ten then the Big East

Thoughts on if you see Big12 in front of Big Ten and Big East or did Big12 slip to #3 or #4?

Never mind that the ACC has five more teams than the Big 12...

Fake news alert from newby. Let's say the ACC had 20 teams and 14 of the teams were in the ACCs and the Big12 had 6 teams and 5 teams were in the NCAAs. So finish your funny logic on that scenario. Bottom line is 9 of the top 45 teams in the country play in the ACC. Deal with the facts and add some value or get lost. No beta posting in this thread guy.

Reactions: Nit16
Fake news alert from newby. Let's say the ACC had 20 teams and 14 of the teams were in the ACCs and the Big12 had 6 teams and 5 teams were in the NCAAs. So finish your funny logic on that scenario. Bottom line is 9 of the top 45 teams in the country play in the ACC. Deal with the facts and add some value or get lost. No beta posting in this thread guy.

How many teams from each conference didn't even make the tournament?

Personally I think the edge goes to the ACC this year but using the raw numbers for comparison when conferences are different sizes makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Personally I think the edge goes to the ACC this year but using the raw numbers for comparison when conferences are different sizes makes absolutely no sense.

I agree. The only number that can count at this time is the seedings(rankings). There are 9 ACC teams in the top 45. There are 7 teams from the Big Ten and Big East in the top 45. There are only 5 teams from the Big 12 in the top 45. No other numbers matter at this point. Only a major run by 4 or 5 Big12 teams in the tourney can reboot the conference discussion.

Can we now put to bed the bogus argument that the Big 12 is anything more than the 2nd best conference? The facts point to number 3 or 4 for the Big12. Take Kansas out and the conference is nothing to pound a chest about.

Facts:
(2). Teams seeded as top 5 seeds. ACC = 6, Big 12 = 4, Big Ten = 2 and Big East = 2
(3). Teams seeded as top 3 seeds. ACC = 4, Big 12 = 2, Big Ten = 1 and Big East = 1
(4). Teams ranked in top 45 by NCAA Committee. ACC = 9, Big Ten = 7, Big East = 7 Big12 = 5

So there it is boys and girls. This which conference is better fight ended in an ACC TKO. So feel free to knock yourself out with Fake News stats to explain somehow that the Big12 is better than the ACC. But know the entire country knows the ACC is the best hoop conference and the Committee agreed. The only discussion really is where does the Big12 rank against the Big Ten and Big East. I think there are arguments for all 3 conferences to stake a claim for #2 conference. Fact #4 hurts the Big 12 but to me facts #2 and #3 means the most because those prove where the best teams play.

So the conference rankings, to me, goes like this: ACC, Big12, Big Ten then the Big East

Thoughts on if you see Big12 in front of Big Ten and Big East or did Big12 slip to #3 or #4?

Using your figures as accurate:
60% of Big 12 teams are in March Madness.
60% of ACC teams are in March Madness.

40% of Big 12 teams are Top 5 seeds.
40% of ACC teams are Top 5 seeds.

20% of Big 12 are top 2 seeds.
27% of ACC teams are top 2 seeds. I'll give you that, but that's a pretty narrow slice that you conveniently picked.

Let's substitute:
30% of Big 12 teams are ranked in top 11 nationally.
20% of ACC teams are ranked top 11 nationally. Major gap there, fella.

I call that 2 ties and 1 for the Big 12. 0 clear-cuts for ACC.

Percentages are only fair way to compare the two conferences.

Most experts around the country list the Big 12 as the #1 basketball conference in America this season. ACC was in other seasons. But not this season.

Sorry, Charley, but you're tuna.

Your ACC boys don't play a round robin schedule either. Some of your so-called great teams might only play one or two of the tough schools once per year. Big XII schools play each other twice (three times in the conf tournament) and is the toughest league top-to-bottom. But, none of that matters when you think like a liberal.

Reactions: suckcreek

Facts:

Does it matter? Marshall is still a third rate school with third world sports teams in a third world town.

I will just post this here so everyone understands the intent of the original poster. One can argue that the ACC is the top conference despite their 1-6 record, the BPI and Sagarin suggesting otherwise and not be a troll. However to even suggest that the BE or the B10 is a better conference is nothing short of trolling.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

Reactions: Airport
I will just post this here so everyone understands the intent of the original poster. One can argue that the ACC is the top conference despite their 1-6 record, the BPI and Sagarin suggesting otherwise and not be a troll. However to even suggest that the BE or the B10 is a better conference is nothing short of trolling.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

he's a marshall fan.

Using your figures as accurate:
60% of Big 12 teams are in March Madness.
60% of ACC teams are in March Madness.

40% of Big 12 teams are Top 5 seeds.
40% of ACC teams are Top 5 seeds.

20% of Big 12 are top 2 seeds.
27% of ACC teams are top 2 seeds. I'll give you that, but that's a pretty narrow slice that you conveniently picked.

Let's substitute:
30% of Big 12 teams are ranked in top 11 nationally.
20% of ACC teams are ranked top 11 nationally. Major gap there, fella.

I call that 2 ties and 1 for the Big 12. 0 clear-cuts for ACC.

Percentages are only fair way to compare the two conferences.

Most experts around the country list the Big 12 as the #1 basketball conference in America this season. ACC was in other seasons. But not this season.

Sorry, Charley, but you're tuna.

Fake news alert!!! = Cuyahoga Falls Evers

Real News
9 vs 6
6 vs 4
4 vs 2
9 vs 5
ACC vs Big 12

Dude don't look foolish by agruing Big12 is anywhere near as good as ACC. The question you should be considering is if the Big12 is better than the Big Ten. That's a tough one.

Irrelevant! That argument means something to you and nothing to all of the national talking heads. some of you guys are helpless. This Cuyahoga clown posts that "most experts" rate Big12 #1 LOL. He literally posted Fake news. Total lie and fabrication. Last night was literally an ACC infomercial as the best Conference in America. What's wrong with some of you lying clowns?

Last edited:

I stated clearly I view the Big12 is number 2 in my mind. I only presented the Committee selection facts as were presented yesterday. According to the selection seedings the Committee clearly rated the Big Ten and Big East a bit higher than the Big12. The Committee selected more Big Ten teams and more Big East teams for the NCAAs than the Big12. Then followed that up by seeding more teams from those two conferences in the top 45 than the Big12. Those are the facts pal.

So you may want to join the other clowns with the % argument. Just think....if a conference has 4 teams in it and 3 make the NCAAs that conference is the best LOL. You clowns are funny stuff.

Your ACC boys don't play a round robin schedule either. Some of your so-called great teams might only play one or two of the tough schools once per year. Big XII schools play each other twice (three times in the conf tournament) and is the toughest league top-to-bottom. But, none of that matters when you think like a liberal.

Good post up to the point. When you added a political jab at the end you basically ruined it. But still a valid post

Pitt sucks so he plays the conference card again....

Does the burger joint you work at give you a raise if the ACC is better than the Big XII or something?

Congrats...the ACC is better...rolls eyes...

Reactions: xgunnx

No liberal here. What they've done to WV over the years is criminal. Why did you guys vote for them for years? Now on to your fake news. The Committee has 5 Big12 teams in the top 45. You guys fake news your schedule like it is muderers row. There are a whopping 4 teams in conference that WVU played that warre a top 45 team. And, obviously 4 of those 8 games were at home. So really how hard is that conference schedule. Let's say WVU was in the ACC. They would have played at least 9 different top 45 teams and 10-12 top 45 games plus the tourney. That's the real news brah. Not Fake News like you clowns make up.

I stated clearly I view the Big12 is number 2 in my mind. I only presented the Committee selection facts as were presented yesterday. According to the selection seedings the Committee clearly rated the Big Ten and Big East a bit higher than the Big12. The Committee selected more Big Ten teams and more Big East teams for the NCAAs than the Big12. Then followed that up by seeding more teams from those two conferences in the top 45 than the Big12. Those are the facts pal.

So you may want to join the other clowns with the % argument. Just think....if a conference has 4 teams in it and 3 make the NCAAs that conference is the best LOL. You clowns are funny stuff.
The troll speaks but makes no sense. Nothing new here.

1-7 with another curb stomping.

Early brah with two bottom feeders. Here for ya all weekend. I suggest we wait til Monday to see who's in Sweet16. Play-in games are for irrelevant 16 and 11 seeds. Honestly I don't know how Committee put Wake in over Cuse. KSU is garbage and should score no more than 58-62 points against that Cinci team. The paint will be a tad different on Friday. I've always felt the Sweet16 is the true indicator of Conference strength and the Elite 8 is true indicator of team strength. We shall see little brother.

Early brah with two bottom feeders. Here for ya all weekend. I suggest we wait til Monday to see who's in Sweet16. Play-in games are for irrelevant 16 and 11 seeds. Honestly I don't know how Committee put Wake in over Cuse. KSU is garbage and should score no more than 58-62 points against that Cinci team. The paint will be a tad different on Friday. I've always felt the Sweet16 is the true indicator of Conference strength and the Elite 8 is true indicator of team strength. We shall see little brother.
Why even post here?

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Fake news alert!!! = Cuyahoga Falls Evers

Real News
9 vs 6
6 vs 4
4 vs 2
9 vs 5
ACC vs Big 12

Dude don't look foolish by agruing Big12 is anywhere near as good as ACC. The question you should be considering is if the Big12 is better than the Big Ten. That's a tough one.
Clever diversionary tactics. Must have learned that from Trump. Percentage comparisons are more accurate because the conference have a different number of teams. Good try. Didn't work.

Facts:

You might be right about the ACC being the best (THIS YEAR) but your premise is off base.
1. You can't just say take out Kansas
2. K-State just beat the powerhouse ACC team in the last 4 in.
3. The ACC has 15 teams. By percentage, the BIG 12 put in 70% of their teams while the ACC put in 66.67%.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
You might be right about the ACC being the best (THIS YEAR) but your premise is off base.
1. You can't just say take out Kansas
2. K-State just beat the powerhouse ACC team in the last 4 in.
3. The ACC has 15 teams. By percentage, the BIG 12 put in 70% of their teams while the ACC put in 66.67%.

There ya go again with the % silly talk. The Big 12 has 5 legit teams and the ACC has 7 or 8. In this case more is better. Both Conferences are excellent and ahead of the rest. Why is this so hard to understand. Through Selection Sunday the ACC was regarded as the best best conference by virtually anyone with credibility including the Selection Committee.

There ya go again with the % silly talk. The Big 12 has 5 legit teams and the ACC has 7 or 8. In this case more is better. Both Conferences are excellent and ahead of the rest. Why is this so hard to understand. Through Selection Sunday the ACC was regarded as the best best conference by virtually anyone with credibility including the Selection Committee.
The self proclaimed greatest conference of all time has one glaring weakness this season. They are 1-7 against the B12. One of the reasons the ACC is considered the best is their offensive ability. Only 2 or 3 teams in the league play defense. Take last night, all of the opinion guys on TV picked Wake Forest to win due to their offense. The problem was their defense is like a layup line. None existent.

ADVERTISEMENT