1 million seconds is 11.5 days

1 billion seconds is 31.75 years.

Good luck.

Only 4.82 billion to go.

Here let me put things into perspective for twitbot82:

1 million seconds is 11.5 days

1 billion seconds is 31.75 years.

Good luck.

Even if they raised all of the money needed to build a wall, I don't think they would be able to donate that money to the government to do it with. There are very specific laws regarding how government can collect money, and they can't go around those regardless of the wishes of the people giving it to them. There are specific programs available for donating money, but these programs are for specific uses, and none of those includes building a wall. There is an unconditional use donation option, but that just goes into the general treasury. IT would likely take an act of congress to establish a program for donating money for a wall. Without that, Congress would be in charge of allocating how it was to be spent.

Even if they raised all of the money needed to build a wall, I don't think they would be able to donate that money to the government to do it with. There are very specific laws regarding how government can collect money, and they can't go around those regardless of the wishes of the people giving it to them. There are specific programs available for donating money, but these programs are for specific uses, and none of those includes building a wall. There is an unconditional use donation option, but that just goes into the general treasury. IT would likely take an act of congress to establish a program for donating money for a wall. Without that, Congress would be in charge of allocating how it was to be spent.
I imagine most of the money could be used on individual landowners section of the border, correct? Not like USG could stop you from building whatever you wanted on your own land, in Texas or Arizona on the border.

I imagine most of the money could be used on individual landowners section of the border, correct? Not like USG could stop you from building whatever you wanted on your own land, in Texas or Arizona on the border.

Umm, that's not how it works. The US Government acquires all real estate necessary for construction of the wall, prior to construction.

Of course they can, depending on what you are building.

Umm, that's not how it works. The US Government acquires all real estate necessary for construction of the wall, prior to construction.

Yes, imminent domain. They'd have to take private property first and then make Mexico pay for the wall.

Reactions: tjebarr

Yes, imminent domain. They'd have to take private property first and then make Mexico pay for the wall.

You both totally missed what Dog said. Those funds could be directed towards individual land owners and build sections of the wall on their land without involving the government.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
You both totally missed what Dog said. Those funds could be directed towards individual land owners and build sections of the wall on their land without involving the government.
That sounds like a great idea lol [thumb2][thumb2]

Last edited:
Guess that voting thing didn’t work......and Republicans everywhere are aching for a tax increase

I'm sure the administration would share wall plans and construction referals to individuals. Better than leaving it to noone.

good luck to average joe getting a permit to build a 20 foot high wall. dumb. call your planning office and ask if its ok?

Reactions: moe
Correct, the GoFundMe could be donated to individual land owners to build whatever they wanted. I’d love to see that try to be stopped in Texas and AZ.

And when i said USG can’t stop you, I understand zoning, EPA, etc. However, my point is that it wouldn’t happen for this specific thing.

It’s all hypothetical nonsense just for the sake of arguing a loophole for arguments sake. I don’t really care either way. I would laugh my ass off if people started doing it though.

good luck to average joe getting a permit to build a 20 foot high wall. dumb. call your planning office and ask if its ok?
Hahahhaa in rural Texas and AZ. You’ve clearly never been there. Planning office, hahahahah

It's a PR move by some fame whore.
No, that was already used to get an incompetent man with dark skin. Some even championed him as something he was not. The hell of it is, they were even to exxtend the folly by reelecting him. Hard for explanation.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
No, that was already used to get an incompetent man with dark skin. Some even championed him as something he was not. The hell of it is, they were even to exxtend the folly by reelecting him. Hard for explanation.
Yikes

So you are saying that GoFundMe $ for the border wall were used to get Obama elected. Sounds like an Old Man Yelling at Clouds moment.

Reactions: moe

That sounds about as dumb as the gofundme itself.

When you try to cover up your racism by converting your post to a haiku half way through.

When you try to cover up your racism by converting your post to a haiku half way through.
I tried to cover something up? I simply said the Democrats voted for an individual because of the color of his skin. If not, what were the qualities he possessed? Community organizer?

I have been accused of being racist in the past because I used the word "black" as a descriptive adjective. Was not referring to a race, iust a color. The word Racism has totally lost its meaning because that is the word sooooo many of you use in an attempt to categorize people with a philosophy different from the liberals.

My only prejudice is against those who are poor and refuse to work to improve their lot. Could extend that to include those who see government as a keeper instead of a protector.

Correct, the GoFundMe could be donated to individual land owners to build whatever they wanted. I’d love to see that try to be stopped in Texas and AZ.

And when i said USG can’t stop you, I understand zoning, EPA, etc. However, my point is that it wouldn’t happen for this specific thing.

It’s all hypothetical nonsense just for the sake of arguing a loophole for arguments sake. I don’t really care either way. I would laugh my ass off if people started doing it though.
Not much the EPA can do about it unleas you block a stream.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT