ADVERTISEMENT

To hell with chandler

Listen I’m not much for government forcing anyone to do anything, but if you’re not getting vaccinated for any single reason other than legitimate concern for your personal health then there are consequences you’re going to have to choose.

Don’t we want this thing over with?
What are we doing here?
They are mandating a vaccination that has not been tested like other vaccines in the past. If they are following the science, why haven't they mandated that every American get tested to see if they have had the virus? Why haven't they mandated getting an anti-body test for every American that has had it? It costs me nothing health-wise to go get blood work done to see if I've had it and what my immunity is. It could cost me a lot more by getting the vaccination if I get sick from it and there is no liability. I've had the virus. My immunity, according to many studies, is more robust and longer lasting than the vaccination. As a side note, I was told that my insurance probably wouldn't cover getting the antibody test. Doesn't this ALL seem a bit shady to you? Add to the fact that we were all called conspiracy theorists a year ago when we saw initial reports coming out that this could have originated from a lab and Fauci approved funding......and you could probably conclude something doesn't seem right. Then again, maybe you don't.

I mean I can tell you much more about it if you cared to listen. From your name I can assume you’ve been forced to get a vaccine before to get into the service, correct?

Excellent.

Now, no ones being forced to get a vaccine in the US under the threat of jail or anything, it’s that you won’t be able to keep your job. This is nothing new to the US, as we have multiple vaccines that are required to allow us to go to school when we were children. Sure you can say this is jobs vs school, but this thing didn’t exist when we were in school so we’re doing the best we can.

Even if it did, someone as anti establishment as myself is ok with people getting let go from their positions for not getting vaccinated without legitimate reasons. That being: actual religious concerns (very, very few), health worries, and natural immunity, which I could go on a longer rant about but mostly I think since we don’t have the tests/data yet just get the jab anyway who cares.

Now when it comes to personal choice and all the rest, I’m not sure how many unbiased thoughts about that are left out there. I do think there are legitimate people who are concerned about the vax, but also think the majority left who are refusing the jab are doing so for their political identity, and that’s what I don’t get down with.
Lol @ independant. Former republican.

• Haha
Reactions: HPeer
Then take the damn vaccine yourself and all the boosters they will come along with it ad infinitum.

If someone is unvaccinated it doesn't affect you at all.
They are mandating a vaccination that has not been tested like other vaccines in the past. If they are following the science, why haven't they mandated that every American get tested to see if they have had the virus? Why haven't they mandated getting an anti-body test for every American that has had it? It costs me nothing health-wise to go get blood work done to see if I've had it and what my immunity is. It could cost me a lot more by getting the vaccination if I get sick from it and there is no liability. I've had the virus. My immunity, according to many studies, is more robust and longer lasting than the vaccination. As a side note, I was told that my insurance probably wouldn't cover getting the antibody test. Doesn't this ALL seem a bit shady to you? Add to the fact that we were all called conspiracy theorists a year ago when we saw initial reports coming out that this could have originated from a lab and Fauci approved funding......and you could probably conclude something doesn't seem right. Then again, maybe you don't.
Like I said I’m actually for some kind of provision about natural immunity.
I do think it’s a little of a hand in hand thing there. Do the vaccine companies want more shots to everyone? Well yes, of course. (Capitalism!) but at the same time we don’t have the antibody test capabilities or enough data to know if/when the antibody protection ends. So why take the risks? This is what we have to deal with, the jab is still the best option

Lol @ independant. Former republican.
I’m actually maybe the only registered Bullmoose party member in Delaware. Teddy was one of my favorite presidents. Conservative roots social progressive and care about more people other than rich white men? He was ahead of his time.

Reactions: coopwvu08
I do think it’s a little of a hand in hand thing there. Do the vaccine companies want more shots to everyone? Well yes, of course. (Capitalism!) but at the same time we don’t have the antibody test capabilities or enough data to know if/when the antibody protection ends. So why take the risks? This is what we have to deal with, the jab is still the best option
Did you watch any of those videos? The one with the little girl or the gentleman whose son died?

And now you say "so why take the risks"!?!?

Look folks. I don't want to put people in jail for daring to refuse to take this vaccine. I just want to ruin your career. I want to take away a lifetime of work experience and hard work and starve your kids and make sure you are poor because I think the shot is good and you disagree. This is why I always voted republican my whole life until 2020 but am now independent.

Lol

I’m actually maybe the only registered Bullmoose party member in Delaware. Teddy was one of my favorite presidents. Conservative roots social progressive and care about more people other than rich white men? He was ahead of his time.
Just stop. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

Now, no ones being forced to get a vaccine in the US under the threat of jail or anything, it’s that you won’t be able to keep your job.
Hahahaha read what you wrote.

Most businesses weren’t forcing it until the mandate. And all of the ones I’ve been speaking to are literally granting the religious waivers like they’re approving vacation. Boom. Done. My company (I’ve heard from others as well doing it) is 100% putting the blame on the administration and have said on company wide telecoms, about the mandates, “if you don’t like it, vote better next time”. Publicly traded Fortune 500 companies.

And when this wave of non-compliance doesn’t work for the administration? Then what? To what lengths are you ok with the administration implementing? The shit going on in Australia is not ok. So, where is your line? When do you say that the administration is overstepping? I say they already have, personally.

Regardless of someone’s reasoning for getting it or not, respect it. I do. Rogers hit on the body autonomy thing. I 100% agree. Make whatever decision you want, live with those consequences. Take appropriate measures with the understanding there are people out there who aren’t going to do it. Again, me personally? Death doesn’t scare me. I accepted it a long time ago. I live my life and encourage everyone to do the same how they beat see fit. Just mind your own business.

Did you watch any of those videos? The one with the little girl or the gentleman whose son died?

And now you say "so why take the risks"!?!?
These are the things that science suggests are true. It is safer to live with the vaccine than not. We contract and spread the virus less with the vaccine than not. Are people going to have side effects without getting covid? Yes.
There are some tough choices to make, this is undeniable. Watching cherry picked stories used to incite fear and pay my advertisers isn’t what I’d call a great use of my Saturday.

These are the things that science suggests are true. It is safer to live with the vaccine than not. We contract and spread the virus less with the vaccine than not. Are people going to have side effects without getting covid? Yes.
There are some tough choices to make, this is undeniable. Watching cherry picked stories used to incite fear and pay my advertisers isn’t what I’d call a great use of my Saturday.
There is no proof that you spread it less. None. Zero.

Now, what we want is the pandemic over with, right?
The pandemic has been over for me for since July of 20 when the first real data trends came out showing it’s only statistically dangerous to people much older and in worse shape than me. I went back to throwing large parties, not wearing masks, traveling internationally and basically doing whatever i wanted.

So, to answer your question, the pandemic is over. Or it’s over when you decide it is. I mean, we’re packing football stadiums. I’d say mandates are unnecessary at this point.

Now you are providing opinion and not facts. There are at least 2-3 studies that show natural immunity is more robust and longer lasting. Capitalism is based upon supply and demand.......not supply and we demand you buy. You can go get an antibody test, many just won't cover it. I can provide links on the studies if you'd like.....but there is an Israeli and 2 U.S. studies. In the Israeli study, it states from a large sample size, you are as much as 21x less likely to get severe COVID symptoms and hospitalization from natural immunity than if you've had the vaccination. The level of immunity is different for each person. It also states the immunity from having the virus is more robust and longer lasting than the vaccination. You state, "don't we all just want to get this over with?" I've got a little news, this probably won't be over with for a long while if ever. First they say masks for a few weeks, then a vaccine, then two vaccines, then boosters. They only last so long. When will you need another? You will be getting vaccinations and boosters for quite a while going forward. How would you feel if 5-10 years from now that you had long lasting affects from the vaccination and couldn't hold anyone responsible? I'd rather wait and see since I've had the virus. I'm not against it. I'd go get the freaking vaccination right now if they'd provide me with $450k restitution and medical benefits if I'd get sick they are proposing giving illegals for coming into the country.

Hahahaha read what you wrote.

Most businesses weren’t forcing it until the mandate. And all of the ones I’ve been speaking to are literally granting the religious waivers like they’re approving vacation. Boom. Done. My company (I’ve heard from others as well doing it) is 100% putting the blame on the administration and have said on company wide telecoms, about the mandates, “if you don’t like it, vote better next time”. Publicly traded Fortune 500 companies.

And when this wave of non-compliance doesn’t work for the administration? Then what? To what lengths are you ok with the administration implementing? The shit going on in Australia is not ok. So, where is your line? When do you say that the administration is overstepping? I say they already have, personally.

Regardless of someone’s reasoning for getting it or not, respect it. I do. Rogers hit on the body autonomy thing. I 100% agree. Make whatever decision you want, live with those consequences. Take appropriate measures with the understanding there are people out there who aren’t going to do it. Again, me personally? Death doesn’t scare me. I accepted it a long time ago. I live my life and encourage everyone to do the same how they beat see fit. Just mind your own business.
I’m cool with businesses choosing to mandate or not. The granting religious waivers thing seems tricky because as someone who runs a business I’d want no part of trying to prove otherwise on our small time basis. My problem is that if you really got to the bottom of it the answer would be “I don’t want to do it for X reason”, and it’s not religious. MAGA isn’t a religion yet but it’s heading for tax exempt status as we speak.

Now as far as what Biden can do? That a little uncharted territory. The Supreme Court ruling in MA about state level vaccine mandates has already laid ground work that personal freedom is not absolute. I’m for states rights and all, but we are so damn divided that we practically know what states would have mandates if needed and which ones wouldn’t. It wouldn’t be based on science.

To your next post which I just saw and want to combine is when does it end? I agree with you there. I live in Annapolis and it’s been normal here for months, we also have a large percent of the population vaccinated. I think numbers are low right now and things look good and I don’t want to see any kind of restrictions come back, but winter is coming. It would be so easy if everyone was just vaccinated and we wouldn’t have to worry about another season, why are we extending this? Just to beat our chests and say it’s our right to?

I’m cool with businesses choosing to mandate or not. The granting religious waivers thing seems tricky because as someone who runs a business I’d want no part of trying to prove otherwise on our small time basis. My problem is that if you really got to the bottom of it the answer would be “I don’t want to do it for X reason”, and it’s not religious. MAGA isn’t a religion yet but it’s heading for tax exempt status as we speak.

Now as far as what Biden can do? That a little uncharted territory. The Supreme Court ruling in MA about state level vaccine mandates has already laid ground work that personal freedom is not absolute. I’m for states rights and all, but we are so damn divided that we practically know what states would have mandates if needed and which ones wouldn’t. It wouldn’t be based on science.

To your next post which I just saw and want to combine is when does it end? I agree with you there. I live in Annapolis and it’s been normal here for months, we also have a large percent of the population vaccinated. I think numbers are low right now and things look good and I don’t want to see any kind of restrictions come back, but winter is coming. It would be so easy if everyone was just vaccinated and we wouldn’t have to worry about another season, why are we extending this? Just to beat our chests and say it’s our right to?

AP - Study: Vaccinated people can carry as much virus as others

"In another dispiriting setback for the nation’s efforts to stamp out the coronavirus, scientists who studied a big COVID-19 outbreak in Massachusetts concluded that vaccinated people who got so-called breakthrough infections carried about the same amount of the coronavirus as those who did not get the shots."

Now you are providing opinion and not facts. There are at least 2-3 studies that show natural immunity is more robust and longer lasting. Capitalism is based upon supply and demand.......not supply and we demand you buy. You can go get an antibody test, many just won't cover it. I can provide links on the studies if you'd like.....but there is an Israeli and 2 U.S. studies. In the Israeli study, it states from a large sample size, you are as much as 21x less likely to get severe COVID symptoms and hospitalization from natural immunity than if you've had the vaccination. The level of immunity is different for each person. It also states the immunity from having the virus is more robust and longer lasting than the vaccination. You state, "don't we all just want to get this over with?" I've got a little news, this probably won't be over with for a long while if ever. First they say masks for a few weeks, then a vaccine, then two vaccines, then boosters. They only last so long. When will you need another? You will be getting vaccinations and boosters for quite a while going forward. How would you feel if 5-10 years from now that you had long lasting affects from the vaccination and couldn't hold anyone responsible? I'd rather wait and see since I've had the virus. I'm not against it. I'd go get the freaking vaccination right now if they'd provide me with $450k restitution and medical benefits if I'd get sick they are proposing giving illegals for coming into the country.
I said I’m for natural immunity counting. I’m not sure where opinion came into it. What we have right now is the option to get the jab or not, should we fight for natural immunization to get more of a basis, yes! But we don’t have that option right now, and of the ones we do vaccination is the best.

I said I’m for natural immunity counting. I’m not sure where opinion came into it. What we have right now is the option to get the jab or not, should we fight for natural immunization to get more of a basis, yes! But we don’t have that option right now, and of the ones we do vaccination is the best.
"We don't have that option right now" is opinion, not fact

Reactions: Snuffy Smif
Co

Cool, we aren’t far from each other.

We’re extending this because we’re allowing them to extend it. You can just stop participating anytime you want. As I said, I stopped participating 16 months ago. You can to. It’ll go on for as long as we allow them to let it go on. We can agree to disagree about the reality of beating it. It’s not happening. Time to start living with it. And to be clear, I’ve lost friends and family to it as well. Lost one today as a matter of fact. She was mid 50s and vaccinated. Morbidly obese, lupus, and a slew of other things. She was vaccinated though. Oh well.

Tell that to everyone that’s been fired for not getting vaccinated. Not sure what your point is there.
The option is get the jab or lose your livelihood you ****ing authoritarian piece of shit.

The option is get the jab or lose your livelihood you ****ing authoritarian piece of shit.
That's where the nazis got it wrong and the Russians got it right. Why gas the people who make your life hard when you can just ruin their life and make them a living example of just how bad it is to disagree?

Tell that to everyone that’s been fired for not getting vaccinated. Not sure what your point is there.
My point is not in what the administration is mandating and people getting fired. I understand that. I'm one of them. What I'm talking about is "following the science" and what makes more sense.....blindly throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks (without liability) or using statistics and studies. I pick the second. My guess would be that if they had everyone tested they would see we were already at herd immunity numbers....but that isn't the story they want. Just use science and be up front with the people. They have been ANYTHING but accurate thus far and want people to blindly follow without ANY liability.

Reactions: BigC
That's where the nazis got it wrong and the Russians got it right. Why gas the people who make your life hard when you can just ruin their life and make them a living example of just how bad it is to disagree?

They didn't bother with gas chambers when they can starve them to death by taking all of their food like they did the Ukrainians with The Holodomor.

Reactions: EERS 2 Ya
302eer seems cool and is at least willing to have conversation. But yes...as a contractor the deal is...get rhe shot or.lose my job. 21 years in Aerospace/ mechanical engineering. Proud of my degree from WVU. Will be walking away when the time comes

Reactions: dave and jerzac
302eer seems cool and is at least willing to have conversation. But yes...as a contractor the deal is...get rhe shot or.lose my job. 21 years in Aerospace/ mechanical engineering. Proud of my degree from WVU. Will be walking away when the time comes

I'm sorry. I don't think authoritarians are "cool" just because they will have a conversation at the same time as they are violating your rights.

Reactions: BigC and EERS 2 Ya
Yes, @302eer has been a good sport in the debate. He has been very good. All government or defense contractors with more than 100 employee's (including contractors and consultants). It is a decision many of us have had to or will have to make.

Yes, @302eer has been a good sport in the debate. He has been very good. All government or defense contractors with more than 100 employee's (including contractors and consultants). It is a decision many of us have had to or will have to make.
Yup. And i have made my decision. Will go to the end. Allegedly they are gonna try to make our lives more difficult. Bring it. Test my ass..ill even pay.

Reactions: jerzac
I'm sorry. I don't think authoritarians are "cool" just because they will have a conversation at the same time as they are violating your rights.
He's been good in the debate. 302 and I are far apart in our beliefs though. I've gotten to the point where I don't trust government, especially those that try to squelch my beliefs and values. I generally don't trust those at the top of ANY government agency. They are just whores to the system. Those on the ground in our agencies and military I trust and have great respect for......and thank them for their service!!!

Reactions: Mountain Man
Yup. And i have made my decision. Will go to the end. Allegedly they are gonna try to make our lives more difficult. Bring it. Test my ass..ill even pay.
Just file for a religious exemption. It’s an easy process and no company is going to question it. That would open them to litigation.

Just say you’re against it due to aborted Stem Cells used in its development. Done, you don’t have to worry about it any more. All of my guys refusing or refusing to attest, that’s what I’m coaching them to do. I said it earlier, we’re approving like 98% of the requests that come in for religious exemption. Don’t die on this hill, they have no choice but to comply from a corporate perspective, thanks to the Biden administration. Use the loopholes that are given.

Reactions: Mountain Man
He’s a piece of shit. Feels way too sorry for himself about every aspect of life if you’ve checked his Twitter. Loser mentality.
L
You all get so mad about a flag sticker but not storming the capital and trying to over throw an election?? Which one is worse??? Y’all crack me up….
I didn’t storm the capital but
Vets stormed Normandy and
Other shot I don’t know. I’m free because of the vets alive or dead. So **** them

Reactions: jerzac
Yes but it greatly reduces the spread just from how much it reduces your chances of getting it. My mothers day to day life is completely different now post-covid. Even if I wasn’t for vaccines, if they told me she had even a 1% less chance of catching it with more people vaccinated I would do it, why not? We’re trying to end this thing.
No, it doesn't. Not even close, it only helps with symptoms and hospitalizations slightly. Not the spread

Rioting is bad and everyone involved should have suffered consequences. One key difference though is that racism and different laws for law enforcement is real, election stealing is not.
Different laws for law enforcement is some really good fiction hadnt heard that fairy tale yet. You're so righteous

You all get so mad about a flag sticker but not storming the capital and trying to over throw an election?? Which one is worse??? Y’all crack me up….
Storming the Capital is the biggest lie in America so stop that nonsense. One person dies on January 6th and that was an unarmed American Woman. I get so tired of the misinformation fed to Americans by our Government and media that has been repeated by people like you. You have no idea what you are talking about. Take the time to see what happened. I am embarrassed as hell for you.

Probably the scariest part of all that’s going on right now is labeling anyone who doesn’t agree with you with the worst words you can think of. Evil. Authoritarian. Communists.

Wild.

We’re talking about Joe Biden, who’s probably the most establishment politician we’ve seen. The dude doesn’t even want universal healthcare and he’s being labeled as the damn Marxist Antichrist.

Why can’t we see these politicians for what they are? Acting like everyone across the aisle is a threat to America so they can fundraise and stay in power?
Kind of like if you don’t agree with any part of progressive agenda you are a racist white supremest no matter your ethnic background or upbringing.

When things don’t go their way it’s racism or some white power deal. It’s their dogma. Just like the elections in VA. It was not the people’s rejection of their ideas and policies, it was just racism you know,

The scariest part to me is their almost 100% control of all media or news outlets. Any disagreement with them and you are silenced one way or another.

Not the biggest Trump fan, but he used their media forums to reach his supporters which are a significant percentage of this country’s citizens. They did not like that from jump street because they could not control the messaging. Entire political establishment did not like that to be honest.

They have all but silenced him for what lying. Shit 80% of the time any politician opens his or her mouth it’s a lie and we all know it.

That banning from social media, which for better or worse has become the main source of information for many, along with many other conservative voices is to me the scariest part of all this political BS the last few years. Cancel culture, woke mob, whatever you want to call it. That kind of control ought to bother everyone no matter your political leaning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT