ADVERTISEMENT

So we're pretty certain...

Here you go, moron.

What is the Unauthorized Practice of Medicine?

Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last updated June 20, 2016

The unauthorized practice of medicine occurs when someone gives medical advice or treatment without a professional license. The prohibition against the unauthorized practice of medicine is a precaution against people who would try to treat others without the proper training, or by using unproven methods which could harm or even kill their supposed patients. As a result, all states make the unauthorized practice of medicine a criminal offense with potentially serious penalties. However, the practice of medicine itself is a slippery term which can be difficult to define.
So I’m committing a crime if my buddy rolls his ankle playing ball and I tell him to RICE it? No.

And it’s practicing medicine you dumb motherfvcker.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Says the guy actively trying to fight against a life saving drug because he hates Trump.
By saying there are negatives, and there should be legit studies before we start passing it off as a life saving drug?

So I’m committing a crime if my buddy rolls his ankle playing ball and I tell him to RICE it? No.

And it’s practicing medicine you dumb motherfvcker.
Also....television commercials about drugs are criminal.

Also telling you friend to take tylenol for a headache...prison

Or maybe no.

By saying there are negatives, and there should be legit studies before we start passing it off as a life saving drug?
Not sure why all those doctors using it today dont wait a couple months for those studies before they endanger lives with their carelessness, especially since they are seeing no results.

Not sure why all those doctors using it today dont wait a couple months for those studies before they endanger lives with their carelessness, especially since they are seeing no results.
Again, could you please link me to where you are getting your information on the amount of docs using it, and their classification of its effects?

This from a medical expert, that FOX felt was qualified enough to be brought on their impeccable network:

DANA PERINO (ANCHOR): Sir, can you tell me your thoughts about this -- everybody wants to find a cure or treatment or a therapy for coronavirus. What do you think about the drug that is used, normally, to treat malaria?

DR. WILLIAM HASELTINE (PRESIDENT, ACCESS HEALTH INTERNATIONAL): Well, thank you for the question, Dana. It's sad, to me, that people are promoting that drug. We know already, from studies, at best it will have a very mild effect — at very best. There are studies that conflict a little bit, one from the other. One concludes it has no effect, the other concludes it has a mild effect. The net result is, whatever effect it has, it will be very mild. That drug has been used for years against many other viruses — to no effect. The thing that makes me sad about that story is some people may take it who are on other medications, who have other underlying conditions, and may have very serious, even life-threatening, consequences. It is not something to take unless a doctor prescribes it.

PERINO: And the government is not saying that a doctor could not prescribe it, but that should be something that is worked out between them. And what about the — and I know you don't go by anecdotal evidence, but there are stories of people saying that they've had this Lazarus effect by using this drug.

HASELTINE: That is nonsense, complete and utter nonsense. And in any situation, there are always going to be people who promote one kind of quack cure or another. And there are Lazarus effects. In every epidemic I've ever looked at, it's always the case. Let me just repeat, we know that at very best, this drug will have a very mild effect on changing the course of the disease, if it has any effect at all. That is what the data has shown so far, and I am convinced that that's what further studies will show. And it's not without adverse consequence. It is irresponsible to promote this drug at this time.

PERINO: I hear you loud and clear.

HASELTINE: I know that isn’t the message that people want to hear. People don't want to hear that, but it is unfortunately the case

It can be. And COVID-19 causes heart damage, the combo could be a problem. Maybe not. Can’t we wait until we know for sure, before we peddle it as the cure.
Nobody is peddling it as a cure. It’s being peddled as helping in some cases. Can’t we leave it at that without trying to claim the President is illegally practicing medicine and CNN trying to make people think it’s going to kill you?

Nobody is peddling it as a cure. It’s being peddled as helping in some cases. Can’t we leave it at that without trying to claim the President is illegally practicing medicine and CNN trying to make people think it’s going to kill you?
CNN is informing people that it’s not proven to help, and that there are potential dangerous complications that can arise. Today they are informing the public that these drugs are already in short supply, and lupus patients as well as other need them.

Since when does the right think the position of President doesn’t call for clarity of leadership or even just clarity of information during a fvcking crisis? My god, you guys wil just let this guy say anything won’t you? Doesn’t matter if it’s true, doesn’t matter if it’s dangerous.

Why is it so bad that people like myself and my wife (a nurse anesthetist) want to get clear information on what can and can’t help in this health crisis? Because it doesn’t help the fvcking DOW?

It can be. And COVID-19 causes heart damage, the combo could be a problem. Maybe not. Can’t we wait until we know for sure, before we peddle it as the cure.
Yes, it's the other drug in the combo that could be a problem for patients with heart problems. We don't need to wait to know the side effects of a drug used to treat Malaria for many years, as they are already well-documented.

CNN is informing people that it’s not proven to help, and that there are potential dangerous complications that can arise. Today they are informing the public that these drugs are already in short supply, and lupus patients as well as other need them.

Since when does the right think the position of President doesn’t call for clarity of leadership or even just clarity of information during a fvcking crisis? My god, you guys wil just let this guy say anything won’t you? Doesn’t matter if it’s true, doesn’t matter if it’s dangerous.

Why is it so bad that people like myself and my wife (a nurse anesthetist) want to get clear information on what can and can’t help in this health crisis? Because it doesn’t help the fvcking DOW?
You are a lying sack of shit.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90

CNN is lying. Doctors and patients disagree with your favorite fake news source. Stop rooting against Americans.

Prove me wrong.
So far I’ve accounts from a Mass doc that said it had no effect and stopped using it, a NYC doc that said the same. I have personal contact with an ER doc in Seattle that didnt use it. Sweden stopped using it. A study from China that showed no effect. A survey of 6000+ Docs promoted by rightwing media of which something like 37% said it was the most effective drug we had against it, but half of those mentioned at least one other drug that had similar effects (so I would assume those effects to be mild). That’s 63% of those docs surveyed that didn’t agree that it was the most effective drug against this virus.

From what I’ve read, I don’t see signs that docs everywhere are throwing this down their patient’s throats and singing praise for it’s miracle effects. But I’d love to read that information if it’s out there.

Poor boom....so wrong all the time.
/

There is nothing wrong with giving medical advice when not a physician.

Here you go, moron.

What is the Unauthorized Practice of Medicine?

Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last updated June 20, 2016

The unauthorized practice of medicine occurs when someone gives medical advice or treatment without a professional license. The prohibition against the unauthorized practice of medicine is a precaution against people who would try to treat others without the proper training, or by using unproven methods which could harm or even kill their supposed patients. As a result, all states make the unauthorized practice of medicine a criminal offense with potentially serious penalties. However, the practice of medicine itself is a slippery term which can be difficult to define.

So far I’ve accounts from a Mass doc that said it had no effect and stopped using it, a NYC doc that said the same. I have personal contact with an ER doc in Seattle that didnt use it. Sweden stopped using it. A study from China that showed no effect. A survey of 6000+ Docs promoted by rightwing media of which something like 37% said it was the most effective drug we had against it, but half of those mentioned at least one other drug that had similar effects (so I would assume those effects to be mild). That’s 63% of those docs surveyed that didn’t agree that it was the most effective drug against this virus.

From what I’ve read, I don’t see signs that docs everywhere are throwing this down their patient’s throats and singing praise for it’s miracle effects. But I’d love to read that information if it’s out there.
Thousands of doctors using it and say it works but you cherry pick that weak shit.

You are pathetic as fuk.

Thousands of doctors using it and say it works but you cherry pick that weak shit.

You are pathetic as fuk.
Works for what? 37% said it’s our most effective drug against it. That’s not 37% saying it works to prevent critical conditions, or even that it works well. What do you say to the 63% that went the other way on that? Is that cherry picking?

I did. Did you? There are 20 other studies just like it. But shit you got 4 docs who say different. Pathetic.
Could you post those 20 other studies that say less than half of docs using it think it is effective.

The problem is like with everything else you only read what you wantto read. You ignore everything else because you made up your mind the day Trump said the drugs name. You have proven for years that you are a willfully ignorant fool. This is no different.

Works for what? 37% said it’s our most effective drug against it. That’s not 37% saying it works to prevent critical conditions, or even that it works well. What do you say to the 63% that went the other way on that? Is that cherry picking?
The other 63% didnt say it was ineffective. They said a different drug was their choice. Who is saying they are wrong? Nobody is saying HCL is the best but THOUSANDS OF DOCTORS ARE USING IT and they dont give a shit that you hate Trump. Again you are the one cherry picking data

I did. Did you? There are 20 other studies just like it. But shit you got 4 docs who say different. Pathetic.
I’m reading all I can from doctors using it. True trials are underway, we should know in weeks if it’s effective or not. I don’t know how anyone else has that information yet, other than doc prescribing it right now.

I’m reading all I can from doctors using it. True trials are underway, we should know in weeks if it’s effective or not. I don’t know how anyone else has that information yet, other than doc prescribing it right now.
There is a reason thousand of docs are prescribing it. It is a known drug. The side effects are manageable and it is working. If it were not working they would use something else.

The problem is like with everything else you only read what you wantto read. You ignore everything else because you made up your mind the day Trump said the drugs name. You have proven for years that you are a willfully ignorant fool. This is no different.
I’m literally asking you to post me info to read - you gave me a survey I already read that has very weak indications that docs think it’s useful and a very shaky methodology.

ive read the FOX contributing doc’s take. And three anecdotal accounts of patients that felt they were saved by it. At best, I’d say they cancel out, and no one knows if it works.

There is a reason thousand of docs are prescribing it. It is a known drug. The side effects are manageable and it is working. If it were not working they would use something else.
There’s nothing else to use. There’s a reason this virus is taking a crazy amount of lives Dave. I want solutions, I don’t give a flip about Trump getting credit for it - I care about my family’s safety, friends losing their homes, my kids being able to enjoy the summer, my trip to Disney in the fall, school getting started back up again, etc..... Despite what you think, I know Trumps winning re-election, I hate the guy and I won’t vote for the best chance to beat him.

I just don’t get this desire to push this drug before we know if it’s effective by the right, and the claims that’s it’s being repressed by the left. It’s crazy.

I’m literally asking you to post me info to read - you gave me a survey I already read that has very weak indications that docs think it’s useful and a very shaky methodology.

ive read the FOX contributing doc’s take. And three anecdotal accounts of patients that felt they were saved by it. At best, I’d say they cancel out, and no one knows if it works.
Good grief. You apparently cant read. I am not wasting any more time with you.

There’s nothing else to use. There’s a reason this virus is taking a crazy amount of lives Dave. I want solutions, I don’t give a flip about Trump getting credit for it - I care about my family’s safety, friends losing their homes, my kids being able to enjoy the summer, my trip to Disney in the fall, school getting started back up again, etc..... Despite what you think, I know Trumps winning re-election, I hate the guy and I won’t vote for the best chance to beat him.

I just don’t get this desire to push this drug before we know if it’s effective by the right, and the claims that’s it’s being repressed by the left. It’s crazy.
You are full of shit. The right is not pushing the drug. The president mentioned 3 drugs that were showing promise and said HCL looked promising and the media went nuts and every one of you pathetic ****ing haters has run with it.

You dont care if people die. You cant even admit it is completely political to you. Goodbye fool.

Tell you what, I hope it shows effectiveness in clinical trials. More than modest effects, and it can help alleviate the pressure we all feel.

I sincerely hope it’s not found out that Trump or the money behind FOX news personalities have a stake in the production of the drug, because I think that might be the one that puts me in the nuthouse for official.

Tell you what, I hope it shows effectiveness in clinical trials. More than modest effects, and it can help alleviate the pressure we all feel.

I sincerely hope it’s not found out that Trump or the money behind FOX news personalities have a stake in the production of the drug, because I think that might be the one that puts me in the nuthouse for official.
Dr. Fauci, the White House coronavirus task force official and the director of the NIAID has himself said he would prescribe hydroxychloroquine as treatment if for no other reason than to give — what’s that word again? — hope.

“Yes, of course, I mean, particularly if people have no other option, you want to give them hope,” he said. “In fact … physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way, which means they can write it for something that it was not originally approved for.”

Reactions: Boomboom521
Dr. Fauci, the White House coronavirus task force official and the director of the NIAID has himself said he would prescribe hydroxychloroquine as treatment if for no other reason than to give — what’s that word again? — hope.

“Yes, of course, I mean, particularly if people have no other option, you want to give them hope,” he said. “In fact … physicians throughout the country can prescribe that in an off-label way, which means they can write it for something that it was not originally approved for.”
That’s fine until people who need it run out. From my understanding it’s a pretty important drug. But hey, I’m fine with it - if you label it as such - a hopemaking Hail Mary and not a game changer. Let’s be honest about this crisis. It’s gonna hurt, but we are big boys and girls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT