ADVERTISEMENT

So we're pretty certain...

Mntneer

Heisman Winner
Oct 8, 2001
that my youngest niece has Covid-19. She's in Morgantown, has most all the symptoms, including loss of taste and smell, but because she's managing okay with it, the Doctors are opting not to test. She, unlike many of her friends, opted not to go away for Spring Break, but I suspect has been around friends that did go and hence brought it back with them.

There's way more people out there with the virus than we even realize.

that my youngest niece has Covid-19. She's in Morgantown, has most all the symptoms, including loss of taste and smell, but because she's managing okay with it, the Doctors are opting not to test. She, unlike many of her friends, opted not to go away for Spring Break, but I suspect has been around friends that did go and hence brought it back with them.

Hope she kicks this quickly.

Wonder why they opted not to test. Would figure they’d want confirmation. I hope they get that titer rest up and running soon. I figure we have plenty of cases where people had it and didn’t know it and now have some immunity to it. Good luck to your niece.

Them not testing her is not right at all , how can they not test her? Wonder how many more people they are just saying you have it .....guess that's why they call it a practice......hope all turns out well ....prayers

She will be in my thoughts. I hope for the best.

I'm not making this thread political I hope others will refrain as well. Not being tested is what is happening all across America regardless of certain things are said. Same with other false claims.

I'm not making this thread political I hope others will refrain as well. Not being tested is what is happening all across America regardless of certain things are said. Same with other false claims.

Just remember it’s her doctor who made the decision and they did not say it was due to a shortage of tests. Although that is what I’d assume.

Reactions: moe
I would get a second opinion and tested. If there is such a shortage of test then why are they having drive through test at Chesterfield AV. CAMC SVI labs?

Praying for your daughter she beats it.

Not necessarily true - where I am if they think you have it, they are testing

This is Morgantown....Per my previous thread. My daughters friend's husband (26 years old) has tested positive. He went on a cross country interview trek to choose a medical school in the last 3 months.

His wife basically made up symptoms to get the test as they said she did not meet the protocol the first time she called. Her test came back negative after she changed her story.

My daughter called with mild symptoms and they said that she did not meet the protocol. She did not get tested and she has a part time job in healthcare.

I work with at least three families that have immediate family members who have tested positive. One worked at the nursing home and the same family had someone who lived there. The elderly person tested negative.

All are fine and doing well. I would venture to say that I think the husband had a false positive. I am not sure about the others.

As per not testing, I heard one doctor describe his methodology as such - symptoms for mild covid-19 and common flu are almost exactly the same. They are treating the symptoms, not the underlying virus. As long as they can manage it without hospitalization, it doesn't matter which it is, they are going to treat it the same.

It doesn't help with the accuracy of our statistics, but the doctor is acting in the patient's best interests.

Reactions: WVUBRU
As per not testing, I heard one doctor describe his methodology as such - symptoms for mild covid-19 and common flu are almost exactly the same. They are treating the symptoms, not the underlying virus. As long as they can manage it without hospitalization, it doesn't matter which it is, they are going to treat it the same.

It doesn't help with the accuracy of our statistics, but the doctor is acting in the patient's best interests.
This is all true but it is missing a critical piece in beating the virus as a whole for the entire country. It isn't giving a full representation of the entire issue and then do secondary testing of those people this person has come in contact with nor is it giving clear direction to the individual they should quarantine. So the virus could be very active in the individual and it will continue to spread to others including the health care professionals which we need to keep healthy more than anything.

As with everything, knowledge is power. Unfortunately, we are fighting a battle without as much knowledge as we really need in order to win as quickly as possible.

This is all true but it is missing a critical piece in beating the virus as a whole for the entire country. It isn't giving a full representation of the entire issue and then do secondary testing of those people this person has come in contact with nor is it giving clear direction to the individual they should quarantine. So the virus could be very active in the individual and it will continue to spread to others including the health care professionals which we need to keep healthy more than anything.

As with everything, knowledge is power. Unfortunately, we are fighting a battle without as much knowledge as we really need in order to win as quickly as possible.

I don't disagree. I wish we'd test everyone that came in for sniffles. But it's not up to me.

How hot is she?

Reactions: countryroads89

Because we don't have enough tests and haven't been testing very many people. WV has a population of 1.8 million. We have tested 9,940 people. That is 1/2 of one percent of the population.

No....doubt in my mind......and it's airborne transmission is much greater than thought.
I wish Dr. Fauci had not downplayed the seriousness of the virus early on like he did.

Wonder why they opted not to test. Would figure they’d want confirmation. I hope they get that titer rest up and running soon. I figure we have plenty of cases where people had it and didn’t know it and now have some immunity to it. Good luck to your niece.

Not sure why they wouldn't. It's not uncommon. They're trying not to overwhelm the testing centers from what I gather. I know of another woman, has a few of the symptoms, and lost the sense of smell, her Doctor wouldn't order the test for her either.

How hot is she?

Too hot for you. :)

No....doubt in my mind......and it's airborne transmission is much greater than thought.
I wish Dr. Fauci had not downplayed the seriousness of the virus early on like he did.

The real problem is China misled the world back in fall/winter of last year, and the WHO only contributed to the problem. You literally had the WHO, within a week, doing an about face on the potential danger of the virus. And yet we are still learning more and more about this everyday.

I'm not making this thread political I hope others will refrain as well.
Starting off good here....

Not being tested is what is happening all across America regardless of certain things are said. Same with other false claims.
Wuuuup shit, off the rails and contradicting himself in the very next sentence.

I give you Bru ladies and gentlemen. Capt lack of self awareness.

Because we don't have enough tests and haven't been testing very many people. WV has a population of 1.8 million. We have tested 9,940 people. That is 1/2 of one percent of the population.
I’m not being tested unless I show symptoms. It’s not just tests, it’d be overwhelming the lab facilities, it’d be overwhelming the healthcare facilities, etc.

You guys want this massive testing apparatus in place 2 months into a pandemic of a Coronavirus when, mind you, the information that could’ve helped us at the onset was bullshit by China. You all just have no concept of production, apparently.

I’m not being tested unless I show symptoms. It’s not just tests, it’d be overwhelming the lab facilities, it’d be overwhelming the healthcare facilities, etc.

You guys want this massive testing apparatus in place 2 months into a pandemic of a Coronavirus when, mind you, the information that could’ve helped us at the onset was bullshit by China. You all just have no concept of production, apparently.

What many people can't understand, is that even if you cut the average time to test someone down to 1 sec, and only tested half of our population, it would take over 5 years to complete. That doesn't factor in re-testing that would be required, so now you're spending 10 years testing just half of the US population. But lets say we cut that testing average to .1 sec, we could test half the US population 1 time in 6 months, and again, you're going to spend a year doing multiple tests on half the US population.

What many people can't understand, is that even if you cut the average time to test someone down to 1 sec, and only tested half of our population, it would take over 5 years to complete. That doesn't factor in re-testing that would be required, so now you're spending 10 years testing just half of the US population. But lets say we cut that testing average to .1 sec, we could test half the US population 1 time in 6 months, and again, you're going to spend a year doing multiple tests on half the US population.

LMAO! You keep saying this with no comprehension of reality - the fact that tens of thousands of people can be tested simultaneously, concurrently. You act is if the tests have to be conducted consecutively. It "bottles" my mind.

No no. We need a billion tests to ensure triple redundancy. Wonder how long production would take for 330 million for just the first wave? 6 months? what about the healthcare apparatus to administer it? Could we administer a million tests a day? The training of new testers, ensuring they meet all of the medical malpractice requirements? Then ensuring sanctity of the testing via HIPPA and keeping all of the tests straight? Then the ability to process all of the tests in labs. Let’s say we would analyze a million tests a day across the country (doubt its that high). That’s still 330 days.

Just no concept of reality.

I'd be happy with a rapid test similar to flu and strep for those with symptoms and a titer test for those that are confirmed and those that may have been exposed. I'm not sure we need to test everyone.

Don't need to test the entire population. Need to test quite a bit more in which the results can be analyzed with a smaller error of margin and the results can be extrapolated out to be more meaningful as it pertains to current results and projections. Stats 101

Reactions: countryroads89
LMAO! You keep saying this with no comprehension of reality - the fact that tens of thousands of people can be tested simultaneously, concurrently. You act is if the tests have to be conducted consecutively. It "bottles" my mind.
Perfect, let’s do some math.

10,000 simultaneously assuming a million a day = 100 tests per location.

15 minutes per test x 100 = 1500/60 = 25 hrs a day (Problem 1 as we only 24 hrs a day).

Running a million a day, that’s still 330 days. This doesn’t account for false positives and false negatives. What about the 2nd and 3rd wave? 2.5-3 years.

Easy to throw stones when you’re a fvcking imbecile.

Reactions: Walter Brennaneer

Positive thoughts. She’ll beat it quick hopefully

My daughter had it 3 weeks ago and so did 8 of her friends that she was on a trip with. They all got 'colds' after they got back from FL. One of them got tested and was positive. They have all recovered with mild symptoms, but there were 8 people in that group who didnt get counted towards the stats that I can guarantee had it.

She told me it felt like any regular cold. She self-quarantined as soon as she got back from their trip to take precautions. So did the others, and only one got tested.

We have currently 360,000 confirmed cases in a population of 330m. I think that’s .1% which is less than what WV has tested.

Perfect, let’s do some math.

10,000 simultaneously assuming a million a day = 100 tests per location.

15 minutes per test x 100 = 1500/60 = 25 hrs a day (Problem 1 as we only 24 hrs a day).

Running a million a day, that’s still 330 days. This doesn’t account for false positives and false negatives. What about the 2nd and 3rd wave? 2.5-3 years.

Easy to throw stones when you’re a fvcking imbecile.

No one is saying we need to test 330 million people, f'ucking imbecile. Do we need to test more than 1/2 of one percent? Yes, obviously. It is abundantly obvious you have no concept of probability and statistics, something I did have at WVU.

No one is saying we need to test 330 million people, f'ucking imbecile. Do we need to test more than 1/2 of one percent? Yes, obviously. It is abundantly obvious you have no concept of probability and statistics, something I did have at WVU.
Don’t try to glob onto Bru’s very valid post.

You weren’t advocating targeted testing.

Don’t try to glob onto Bru’s very valid post.

You weren’t advocating targeted testing.

I have never advocated testing the entire population. LOL! Yes, you're a moron and you prove it again...and every single day. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keep going, this is fun.

You're comparing confirmed cases (US) to the number tested (WV). LMAO! Yes, you are an imbecile.
No, that’s not what I did. I compared confirmed cases against the US population to get .1%.

you said WV had .5% of people tested which would be a higher % than the national average confirmed positives. It’s not hard. Stop trying to be smart, you aren’t.

I have never advocated testing the entire population. LOL! Yes, you're a moron and you prove it again...and every single day. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keep going, this is fun.
You might want to go back and read the post you made and were responding to. Anyone can see what a moron you are, but feel free to keep trying to deflect from the beating you just took using your own stats and assumptions.

No, that’s not what I did. I compared confirmed cases against the US population to get .1%.

you said WV had .5% of people tested which would be a higher % than the national average confirmed positives. It’s not hard. Stop trying to be smart, you aren’t.

Yeah, you did. LMAO!

We have currently 360,000 confirmed cases in a population of 330m. I think that’s .1% which is less than what WV has tested.

Comparing confirmed positives to the number of people tested is comparing apples to oranges. Keep going. LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT