ADVERTISEMENT

So we're pretty certain...

My daughter had it 3 weeks ago and so did 8 of her friends that she was on a trip with. They all got 'colds' after they got back from FL. One of them got tested and was positive. They have all recovered with mild symptoms, but there were 8 people in that group who didnt get counted towards the stats that I can guarantee had it.

She told me it felt like any regular cold. She self-quarantined as soon as she got back from their trip to take precautions. So did the others, and only one got tested.

Spring Breakers have helped to spread this thing all over. I suspect that my niece picked it up from her friends that ignored advice and went.

It’s ok little buddy. Maybe take a break and come back after a nap. It won’t change you being wrong unfortunately.

Keep going, this is great. Like I've said on this board many times, stupid people don't realize they are stupid.

We have currently 360,000 confirmed cases in a population of 330m. I think that’s .1% which is less than what WV has tested.

You're comparing confirmed cases (US) to the number tested (WV). LMAO! Yes, you are an imbecile.

You might want to go back and read the post you made and were responding to. Anyone can see what a moron you are, but feel free to keep trying to deflect from the beating you just took using your own stats and assumptions.

HAHAHAHAHA. Keep going; I'm enjoying shoving your face in this shit.

Keep going, this is great. Like I've said on this board many times, stupid people don't realize they are stupid.

HAHAHAHAHA. Keep going; I'm enjoying shoving your face in this shit.
Now you’re adding in posts irrelevant to the WV testing offshoot. The last add in was in relation to the overall testing where you tried to belittle Mnteer and were wrong there as well.

None of this changes the fact that we have .1% of the population with confirmed cases and you’re complaining about having .5% of the WV having been tested which would be testing above the national average of confirmed cases.

Nor does it change the fact that you have no idea about production.

Pfffft obviously it was Trump’s fault. Get with the narrative.
I don’t think he helped, with his attitude over the first couple months - it was the gov of FLA that said he put the shelter in place order in effect because of Trump’s change of demeanor, wasn’t it?

Wonder why they opted not to test. Would figure they’d want confirmation. I hope they get that titer rest up and running soon. I figure we have plenty of cases where people had it and didn’t know it and now have some immunity to it. Good luck to your niece.

testing isn't required to manage symptoms consistent with COVID. If the clinical presentation is consistent with it and likely nothing else, testing isn't required. This concept is applied throughout medicine is so many other clinical situations.

To my knowledge, immunity is not totally conferred upon a signal infection. It likely will reduce the severity of another infection this time next year, if this becomes a season infection.

Reactions: Boomboom521
testing isn't required to manage symptoms consistent with COVID. If the clinical presentation is consistent with it and likely nothing else, testing isn't required. This concept is applied throughout medicine is so many other clinical situations.

To my knowledge, immunity is not totally conferred upon a signal infection. It likely will reduce the severity of another infection this time next year, if this becomes a season infection.
Testing was needed early when containment and tracing was a possibility. It wasn’t there

I’m pretty sure the FLA Gov said that didn’t he?

Hey, I’ll put it on Trumpy dumps all day - but the FLA gov dropped this ball and blamed Trump
Honestly, with the close ties between FL and NY, not too mention the amount of olds in FL, I’d have closed that place in January.

Reactions: Boomboom521
Testing was needed early when containment and tracing was a possibility. It wasn’t there
We didn’t have tests for a brand new virus on a mass scale inside of weeks? And the information we’d have needed was being provided by our enemy AND it was false?

Weird.

Same can be said for flu as far as testing goes. But I’d think we’d want to test everyone that has ChinaVirus symptoms.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER

I'll leave you to your belief. You changed context from the situation involving his niece to the beginning of the pandemic just to have a response. okay then.

None of this changes the fact that we have .1% of the population with confirmed cases and you’re complaining about having .5% of the WV having been tested which would be testing above the national average of confirmed cases.

Nor does it change the fact that you have no idea about production.

Of course the percentage of testing should be higher than the percentage of confirmed cases, much higher. Duh. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Containment was never a possibility. Even with thorough testing. The incubation period is just too great to be able to narrow it down to contain.

I've said all along, this thing is going to hit every corner and the ultimate goal is to slow down the spread to soften the blow to health care providers.

Same can be said for flu as far as testing goes. But I’d think we’d want to test everyone that has ChinaVirus symptoms.
And I think random testing to the general public would be a good idea, along with antibodies test thingy. That's more from a statistics/modeling POV and the economy.

Of course the percentage of testing should be higher than the percentage of confirmed cases, much higher. Duh. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Jesus Christ, how many tests have we completed in the US? What is that percentage? What is the percentage of confirmed cases? Now do WV. Is WV on average, higher, or lower?

Stop trying to outwit and outsmart me and think you’re gonna get a gotcha. You aren’t equipped with the mental horsepower to do it.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
And I think random testing to the general public would be a good idea, along with antibodies test thingy. That's more from a statistics/modeling POV and the economy.

I'd love to see lots of antibodies testing.

This tread perfectly showcases China's talking points. I watched the press conference last night and the Chinese reporter channeled her inner Off Topic board leftist bullsh*t to say almost verbatim what the liberals on this board repeats on an hourly basis. So which is it, are you guys getting your talking points from China or the other way around? I will give you credit, you are 100% in lock step with each other.

I'd love to see lots of antibodies testing.
It will be a must from an economics standpoint. As well as rapid regular testing, drugs that can manage symptoms and eventually the vaccine. Having blinders for testing from a treatment only standpoint is very misguided, imo.

why would we want to test everyone having symptoms?
In the case of ChinaVirus I’d think we’d want to know exactly who and who doesn’t have it. If you test for Flu or Strep first then there are things you can do. If those come back negative then I’d think you want to test for ChinaVirus to rule that out. As a patient I’d want to know what I’m dealing with. As a healthcare provider I’d want to know for my patient.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
It will be a must from an economics standpoint. As well as rapid regular testing, drugs that can manage symptoms and eventually the vaccine. Having blinders for testing from a treatment only standpoint is very misguided, imo.

If we can mass test for antibodies, determine who's had it, who's still at risk, and have effective treatment to get the death rate down to 1% or under, then we can buy time until the vaccine is ready.

Maybe this will eventually put the anti-vaccers to bed once and for all.

In the case of ChinaVirus I’d think we’d want to know exactly who and who doesn’t have it. If you test for Flu or Strep first then there are things you can do. If those come back negative then I’d think you want to test for ChinaVirus to rule that out. As a patient I’d want to know what I’m dealing with. As a healthcare provider I’d want to know for my patient.

A healthcare provider is trained in differential diagnosis and then uses empiric therapy to treat 90% of their patients...guess what is missing...a test to prove/disprove what the patient actually has. Why would this be any different? Testing early would not have saved one life...it would only help in the postmortem evaluation.

I don't need an MRI to tell if you have an ACL or meniscus tear. I don't need a CBC to determine you are anemic.

clinicians who have the required clinical acumen since this started do not need a swab to determine if they have COVID.

We are not testing but only a fraction of those presenting with the prodromal symptoms. It might make the patient feel better to test but it is also unnecessary to test when the clinical presentation leads to the diagnosis. It's hard to explain and even harder to accept when patients are sick.

You

are

a

moron.

Let me see, in the last year you have made the following inaccurate statements concerning healthcare:
  • Payor is not medical term and even belittled me for using the term..only to find out you were 100% wrong...never admitted that you were wrong
  • A hospital system in NYC was a private company...when shown proof that you were wrong, you doubled down. When I linked to the actual site proving that that only was it a non-profit but also manages a chain of federally qualified community health centers (funded by the federal gov) you told me that I changed the topic
  • You have said that the hospital shortage is due to mean corps closing hospitals because of profit. The examples you gave were all non-profits. go figure.
  • You constantly ignore that CMS actually sets the price for many drugs, the max charge a hospital/HCP can charge, and the number of beds that can be certified in a particular geographic area.
  • That single payor healthcare in the US would look like Canada, when most experts agree that our system is too large to use the Canadian system. Most agree that it would like more like the UK's where HCP are gov. employees.
  • I won't even get started on the Covid-19. You take your talking points from China and that is pretty much it!

That is literally the dumbest thing posted outside of that fake nurse posting crap on here. And there has been a lot of dumb shit said. Feel proud.

Prove me wrong...We have been under the protocol that everyone has it for some time now. Testing would not have changed that...before you throw around degrading terms you might want to do some research.

clinicians who have the required clinical acumen since this started do not need a swab to determine if they have COVID.
Absolutely false in so many ways. One of the biggest areas of people we need to test are those not showing symptoms yet and have an underlying condition that have been in contact with an infected person.

And your ignorant comment is assuming all individuals can identify and make the same diagnostics without a medical confirmation.

JFC, the past two replies I have made just proves how stupid Americans are and will believe anything including all the anti-vaxers and why they will always be around. Believe in science, not a bunch of crap fed to you.

Prove me wrong...We have been under the protocol that everyone has it for some time now. Testing would not have changed that...before you throw around degrading terms you might want to do some research.
You have been proven wrong by many different legitimate organizations and underlying facts and you continue to ignore it for one stupid reason or another. That is your problem, not mine.

Now eat a pile of shit and see if that will protect you. Ok?

Reactions: countryroads89
You have been proven wrong by many different legitimate organizations and underlying facts and you continue to ignore it for one stupid reason or another. That is your problem, not mine.

Now eat a pile of shit and see if that will protect you. Ok?

Karen, do everyone here a favor and STFU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT