ADVERTISEMENT

So we're pretty certain...

We are discussing side effects as it pertains to patients in the hospitals due to complications of a novel coronavirus that causes respiratory and cardiac issues. Yes, it’s different from you reading the possible side effects on the back of your generous cream box at Walgreens.

No, you are wrong like always. Side effects that pertain to patients in hospitals due to complications of several different diseases are common.

There is nothing definitive on how this drug effects this virus, how it helps or hurts the body’s immune response to COVID-19. After all, we aren’t talking about the effects on healthy patients, or effects on patients whom have been traditionally prescribed the drug.

It won’t take as long as a drug not already approved, but discovering positive/negative effects of this drug on COVID-19 patients will take time. It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s just the complicated field of medicine.
Yet doctors are using it all over the place. I know CNN doesnt want you to believe it but it is true. Trump was right again. Its gotta suck for you.

Every drug has side effects, but the rate of side effects for it are worth the risk. And it's prescribed for far more than just Lupis. My Son-in-law had to take it while on a Ravens trip to Africa recently as a proactive approach to prevent Malaria.

However, patients are responding to the cocktail. I know for certain that it's being utilized here, and I know for certain that people that were on vents are now coming off of them. And we have yet to hear of cases where patients prescribed the cocktail are getting worse or dying from it.
Several of the French cat’s patients in his original study that touted 100% success by Dr Oz and Hannity dropped out of the study due to getting worse (one died). Now, of course, there’s no evidence that the drug cocktail made that happen - but those results were left off his study.

Without empirical data, it’s hard to tell if there are negative effects. All I’m saying is slow the fvck down on this thing. There are many people dependent on this drug already in the US. And right now we only have social distancing, and a little bit of healthy concern to combat this. Let’s just wait to get all hippy flippy when the drug is PROVEN to be the shiznit

We are discussing side effects as it pertains to patients in the hospitals due to complications of a novel coronavirus that causes respiratory and cardiac issues. Yes, it’s different from you reading the possible side effects on the back of your generous cream box at Walgreens.

Please move on...you really don't know what you are talking about. Every physician weighs the benefits of a drug vs the side effects...that is what they do for a living. And yes, this drug has 1,000,000's of patients and every medical condition ever recorded most likely is listed for a drug like this.

I would venture that you have taken (or taking) a medication that has killed someone due to an known side effect...it happens.

It's true that aspirin would have a hard time getting approved by the FDA today. But people are still taking it.

Several of the French cat’s patients in his original study that touted 100% success by Dr Oz and Hannity dropped out of the study due to getting worse (one died). Now, of course, there’s no evidence that the drug cocktail made that happen - but those results were left off his study.

Without empirical data, it’s hard to tell if there are negative effects. All I’m saying is slow the fvck down on this thing. There are many people dependent on this drug already in the US. And right now we only have social distancing, and a little bit of healthy concern to combat this. Let’s just wait to get all hippy flippy when the drug is PROVEN to be the shiznit

CNN called and they want their talking points back.

CNN called and they want their talking points back.
tenor.gif

No, you are wrong like always. Side effects that pertain to patients in hospitals due to complications of several different diseases are common.
Ok, thanks for that update. But for the purposes of finding out if this specific treatment is right for COVID-19, means assessing the side effects of the drug cocktail and their effects on the complications of COVId-19 specifically. As I said, side effects include cardiac complications, which is a complication of COVID-19 - not to mention that people with poor cardiovascular health are at higher risk to have complications from COVID-19 in the first place.

You will literally believe anything if it fits what you want to believe. Its sad.

Ok, thanks for that update. But for the purposes of finding out if this specific treatment is right for COVID-19, means assessing the side effects of the drug cocktail and their effects on the complications of COVId-19 specifically. As I said, side effects include cardiac complications, which is a complication of COVID-19 - not to mention that people with poor cardiovascular health are at higher risk to have complications from COVID-19 in the first place.

All that sounds great but lets assume you are laying in the hospital now of the Corona and struggling mightily. You know that there is a drug that has had success with others but may have some side effects. Your other option is waiting for something that could take weeks, or months even though you probably have days left. What would you choose?

All that sounds great but lets assume you are laying in the hospital now of the Corona and struggling mightily. You know that there is a drug that has had success with others but may have some side effects. Your other option is waiting for something that could take weeks, or months even though you probably have days left. What would you choose?
I let the fvcking md make the choice. I don’t think that Hannity and Trump has me more knowledgeable about my options then a doc seeing this regularly.

Using this drug to treat complications from a novel coronavirus has not been evaluated since 1955. Many patients with COVID-19 have cardiac complications, and the drug has cardiac side effects. Again, the short timeframe of use of the drug makes most docs feel safe in prescribing it, but to whom? A patient in their 70’s with a history of heart disease? What vitals can make administering the drug more risky in a patient?

007 with the most he can ever add to a conversation

That's for the patient's doctor and the patient to decide. Not you, as an outside observer in this case. Not the government. Not the governor of New York.

I don't have any preexisting complications. If I get the damn virus, I'm demanding it.

Reactions: Gunny46
The doc is giving you the choice.
If he advises me that it can’t worsen my condition - I take it. If he advises me I’ll die without it, but it could worsen my condition, I take it. If he looks at me while chewing gum and says “fvck man, it’s up to you, I know what’s gonna happen”, I tell my wife to get me the fvck out of this hospital.

Please move on...you really don't know what you are talking about. Every physician weighs the benefits of a drug vs the side effects...that is what they do for a living. And yes, this drug has 1,000,000's of patients and every medical condition ever recorded most likely is listed for a drug like this.

I would venture that you have taken (or taking) a medication that has killed someone due to an known side effect...it happens.

It's true that aspirin would have a hard time getting approved by the FDA today. But people are still taking it.

it's very safe. I have prescribed it as well as I have taken it (when sent to high malaria regions).

I am certainly not trying to change opinion but I have never had a patient have a reaction or side effect to the drug while approaching 30 years of practice.

Reactions: 30CAT
If he advises me that it can’t worsen my condition - I take it. If he advises me I’ll die without it, but it could worsen my condition, I take it. If he looks at me while chewing gum and says “fvck man, it’s up to you, I know what’s gonna happen”, I tell my wife to get me the fvck out of this hospital.

Ok then I think everyone here is in agreement then. Was that so hard?

Reactions: Boomboom521
it's very safe. I have prescribed it as well as I have taken it (when sent to high malaria regions).

I am certainly not trying to change opinion but I have never had a patient have a reaction or side effect to the drug while approaching 30 years of practice.

Where are you a physician...good chance we may have met.

That's for the patient's doctor and the patient to decide. Not you, as an outside observer in this case. Not the government. Not the governor of New York.

I don't have any preexisting complications. If I get the damn virus, I'm demanding it.
Even if your doc tells you there is no definitive evidence of it helping

We were taking Doxy back in 03.

Even if your doc tells you there is no definitive evidence of it helping

There is a drug called Elmiron to treat interstitial cystitis. It is the only drug that helps relieve the systems of this very uncomfortable disease. It has no mechanism of action and the Package Insert clearly states that they do not know how/why this drug works. Yet it is being used...

Reactions: Boomboom521

If you had a liver condition, an md wouldn’t advise taking an over the counter medicine that has liver complications as a potential side effect. Coming into the ER with COVID-19 puts you automatically in a category of having potential respiratory and cardiac complications.

There is a drug called Elmiron to treat interstitial cystitis. It is the only drug that helps relieve the systems of this very uncomfortable disease. It has no mechanism of action and the Package Insert clearly states that they do not know how/why this drug works. Yet it is being used...
All I know, is that diagnosis, medicine, and treatment is complicated and has many variables.

I just don’t understand this drug cocktail becoming a rallying cry for so many on right - just because some on the left question it?

I am sure they keep using it because it isnt working.

Again, I reminnd you that their goal is to help patients and your political desires are not their concern
Please link me to where you are getting the numbers of docs using it - and how often are those numbers updated?

I am sure they keep using it because it isnt working.

Again, I reminnd you that their goal is to help patients and your political desires are not their concern
Why are my political desires tied to this? It’s not “Trump’s drug”. Please don’t tell me you think I want a high death count to hurt Trump?

All I know, is that diagnosis, medicine, and treatment is complicated and has many variables.

I just don’t understand this drug cocktail becoming a rallying cry for so many on right - just because some on the left question it?

It’s not a rallying cry for me but it flushed out in the open the hypocrisy of those that oppose Trump.

Please link me to where you are getting the numbers of docs using it - and how often are those numbers updated?
I saw something like 6k+ different docs were doing it. Can’t remember where or when that was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT