ADVERTISEMENT

Saying Rich Rod failed after WVU is just moronic

Rich Rodriguez tour of duty is over.

Pretending that PricRod was a great coach is untrue.

Being a good coach does NOT include, losing to Arch Rival Pittsburgh 9-13 and BOLTING to Michigan.
Probably the worst loss in WVU History, ever.

Believe what you wish, but Don Nehlen is a hall of fame 60% coach.

Immature to think greatness followed a individual that caused such damage to the state of West Virginia.

Last edited:

Being a good coach does NOT include, losing to Arch Rival Pittsburgh 9-13 and BOLTING to Michigan.

Immature to think greatness followed a individual that caused such damage to the state of West Virginia.
Are you reading comprehension challenged? Really? Read my comments again...slowly. Then you might grasp the idea that my point is what RR did while at WVU. What he did afterwards is of no concern. Might help if your mommy helps you. Just saying.

Sorry, you make zero sence.

Bolting for Michigan caused serious damage to the state of West Virginia.

With that collateral damage does Not include WV Greatness.

If PricRod Stayes, WVU does Not follow with drunk Holgerson, does not include the Racist allegations, the legal issues and remaining Ncaa violations.

I guess some forget the
embarrassing Pitt loss 9 - 13.

Even Holgerson
won more games at WVU then PricRod.

Last edited:
Sorry, you make zero sence.

Bolting for Michigan caused serious damage to the state of West Virginia.

With that collateral damage does Not include WV Greatness.

If PricRod Stayes, WVU does Not follow with drunk Holgerson, does not include the Raisest allegations, the legal issues and remaining Ncaa violations.

I guess some forget the
embarrassing Pitt loss 9 - 13.

Even Holgerson
won more games at WVU then PricRod.
Can't stop laughing at the illiteracy in your post. What the hell does "sence" mean? And then there is "raisest". That one is a classic. Hard to take you remotely serious. Too funny.

Understand this --
Holgerson has MORE Wins
for WVU,
then PricRod.

Holgerson is 2nd all time,
At WVU in total WV Wins.

"Explain away" that?

Understand this --
Holgerson has MORE Wins
for WVU,
then PricRod.

At WVU in total WV Wins.

"Explain away" that?
Do you have a moron's grasp of sentence structure? Having a discussion with you is like talking to a gerbil.

Holgerson has more
West Virginia wins than wondrous
PricRod,
All Time.

How's that, for grammar
and sentence structure?

Hoggy lost 15 more games at WVU than RR. RR had a much higher winning percentage than Hoggy at WVU. Now go to bed before you embarrass yourself even more. A few facts would have helped your rambling false narrative. You bore me.

Hoggy lost 15 more games at WVU than RR. RR had a much higher winning percentage than Hoggy at WVU. Now go to bed before you embarrass yourself even more. A few facts would have helped your rambling false narrative. You bore me.
9 - 13

Nine to thirteen

9 - 13

Biggest loss in WVU History.
Biggest loss in West Virginia state History.

"Explain Away" 9 - 13.

Eat Sht Pitt, that night.

9-13 was a big loss for what was on the line. Although RR losing to Temple in 2001 and Holgs losing to Kansas in 2014 are more embarrassing. You are splitting and using selective stats to bolster your opinion. RR can be a prick who botched a likely to never happen again opportunity for WVU and had been a good coach. These are not mutually exclusive positions, but you are using the splitting fallacy where it's gotta be all bad or all good. RR can even be more bad than good, but just to be in the position to f**k up as badly as he did requires him to have had at least some redeeming qualities as a coach. Acknowledging that he was a good coach is not calling him "great" or negating the cluster f**k of his exit. As far as selective stats go, Holgorsen had more games at WVU to account for his wins. RR had a better winning percentage and at least won some big games when it mattered while Holgorsen only won a big game against the top of the conference when it didn't matter ala 2014 OSU and 2015 Baylor. And Holgorsen was not a bad coach either. He had deficiencies for sure, but I'd say he was an average to slightly below average coach at WVU. Huge waste of potential for Holgorsen though as he could've been better than RR with personal discipline and work ethic. But with the data available there is no logical way Holgorsen can be considered a better coach for his time at WVU than RR for his time.

Lastly, it's "than" and not "then" when comparing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rootmaster
If memory serves me, I think Stewart went 9-4 every year, which Luck said wasn't good enough, so he hired Dana.
Luck said Stewart would not get rid of his OC or any staff that made the team stagnant. That's what he said wasn't good enough.

Understand this --
Holgerson has MORE Wins
for WVU,
then PricRod.

At WVU in total WV Wins.

"Explain away" that?
Also has second most losses. But hey who cares. Hologorsen also coached 8 years and not 7 and is currently flopping at a G5 school.

Reactions: Rootmaster
9-13 was a big loss for what was on the line. Although RR losing to Temple in 2001 and Holgs losing to Kansas in 2014 are more embarrassing. You are splitting and using selective stats to bolster your opinion. RR can be a prick who botched a likely to never happen again opportunity for WVU and had been a good coach. These are not mutually exclusive positions, but you are using the splitting fallacy where it's gotta be all bad or all good. RR can even be more bad than good, but just to be in the position to f**k up as badly as he did requires him to have had at least some redeeming qualities as a coach. Acknowledging that he was a good coach is not calling him "great" or negating the cluster f**k of his exit. As far as selective stats go, Holgorsen had more games at WVU to account for his wins. RR had a better winning percentage and at least won some big games when it mattered while Holgorsen only won a big game against the top of the conference when it didn't matter ala 2014 OSU and 2015 Baylor. And Holgorsen was not a bad coach either. He had deficiencies for sure, but I'd say he was an average to slightly below average coach at WVU. Huge waste of potential for Holgorsen though as he could've been better than RR with personal discipline and work ethic. But with the data available there is no logical way Holgorsen can be considered a better coach for his time at WVU than RR for his time.

Holgs big wins were...
2011 #14 Clemson (the biggest no doubt)
2012 @ #11 Texas
2013 #11 Oklahoma State
2014 #4 Baylor (cost them a playoff spot)
2017 #14 ISU
2018 @ #15 Texas

Biggest one was Clemson in Orange Bowl. The rest were just upsets plain and simple. As you can see very few. With only 1 top 10 win. Holgs became famous for season ending flops. Overall 8 and 19 vs ranked teams. With 6 of those coming in first 4 years and 5 of of them against teams ranked 15-25. So that leaves 3 wins against teams ranked 1-14 and only 1 against top 10.

Brown has yet to get an opportunity with only 22 games under his belt and 10 of those were pandemic games with no crowd. Had to feel like scrimmage games. Brons biggest win in his 22 games is #16 Kansas State 37-10.

Holgs big wins were...
2011 #14 Clemson (the biggest no doubt)
2012 @ #11 Texas
2013 #11 Oklahoma State
2014 #4 Baylor (cost them a playoff spot)
2017 #14 ISU
2018 @ #15 Texas

Biggest one was Clemson in Orange Bowl. The rest were just upsets plain and simple. As you can see very few. With only 1 top 10 win. Holgs became famous for season ending flops. Overall 8 and 19 vs ranked teams. With 6 of those coming in first 4 years and 5 of of them against teams ranked 15-25. So that leaves 3 wins against teams ranked 1-14 and only 1 against top 10.

Brown has yet to get an opportunity with only 22 games under his belt and 10 of those were pandemic games with no crowd. Had to feel like scrimmage games. Brons biggest win in his 22 games is #16 Kansas State 37-10.

Like I said, Holgorsen only won "big" games when it didn't matter for the season. He had a 10 win season in a down Big 12, but couldn't win a big game there against the only 2 conference foes worth a damn that year. Never could win a game against a ranked team with the conference on the line. Holgs never would've won the 2005 or 2007 Louisville games. So a coach with less wins and a comparable winning percentage that actual won the conference and a prestigious bowl more than once is better than the coach that never won the conference or a meaningful bowl game on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
The other item clearly there is the broadcast rights where not being fully brokered for added income for WVU . The " good ole boy " network was solidly in place adversely affecting WVU 's bottom line.
Agreed on that. Rod was 100% right there.

Reactions: Mountain Man

I'll try to read more closely, shortly

Appreciated but off to golf

Don Nehlen ~~60%
Rich ~~ 58%

Holgerson is 2nd all time at WVU.

Don Nehlen
coached over ~~20 years, at WVU

Rich 7 years
Holgerson 8 years

Rich's self inflicted injuries at
WVU cause legal hassles, claims of being racist, Ncaa violations and general churn.

We can discuss all this "churn" resulted in WVU success, BUT Clearly WVU administration do NOT wish to experience "another" PricRod nor "another" Holgerson, EVER Again- Enter Neal Brown.

Apparently, Rich Rodriguez called Oliver Luck requesting a return to
West Virginia but Oliver Luck turned down this request.

There is not a game that was more important to WV then Finally beating Penn State in 84, then stomping Penn State in 88.

Because if not for WVU Finally Stomping Penn State then none of the future success had ever happened.

I debate 88 season was the most Magical in WVU History. Don Nehlen recruited the best player (most versatile player) in WVU History period - Major.

Don Nehlen didn't leave damaging
West Virginia on anything approaching Rich Rodriguez - not even close.

Answer Don Nehlen

I loved Nehlen but he averaged 7-4 for his 21 seasons. Yes, he had 2 great seasons and a shot at the national title. Personality-wise, Nehlen wins in a landslide. But coaching-wise, Rich did consistently better than Don. Again, I like Don personally and I like Rich's coaching AT WVU.

I loved Nehlen but he averaged 7-4 for his 21 seasons. Yes, he had 2 great seasons and a shot at the national title. Personality-wise, Nehlen wins in a landslide. But coaching-wise, Rich did consistently better than Don. Again, I like Don personally and I like Rich's coaching AT WVU.
I guess doesn't both you how PricRod left, West Virginia
while losing to Pittsburgh....

7years doesn't equal 20 years,
Up's and downs .

Because of all that Baggage, RichRod
Baggage- PricRod will never be a
Head Coach in Power 5, probably.

Rich Rodriguez leader of men, nope.

Last edited:
I guess doesn't both you how PricRod left, West Virginia
while losing to Pittsburgh....

7years doesn't equal 20 years,
Up's and downs .

Because of all that Baggage, RichRod
Baggage- PricRod will never be a
Head Coach in Power 5, probably.

Rich Rodriguez leader of men, nope.
Good Lord you are borderline coherent and apparently unable to construct a sentence. It would take a team of linguists to decipher your gibberish. WTH.

Don Nehlen is a Hall of Fame Football coach...

College Football HOF.

Nuff said Rich Rodriguez will never sniff any Hall of Fame.

Never
Good Lord you are borderline coherent and apparently unable to construct a sentence. It would take a team of linguists to decipher your gibberish. WTH.
When did Rich Rodriguez get Inducted to the College Football Hall of Fame?

Don Nehlen is a Hall of Fame Football coach...

College Football HOF.

Nuff said Rich Rodriguez will never sniff any Hall of Fame.

Never

When did Rich Rodriguez get Inducted to the College Football Hall of Fame?
Coherent. But...what does this have to do with my comments? Brick. Thick.

Wonder
when Richard Rodriguez was elected into the college football hall of fame?

PricRod is on a public relations tour that will Not get him a Power 5 head coaching job.

Good luck

Wonder
when Richard Rodriguez was elected into the college football hall of fame?

PricRod is on a public relations tour that will Not get him a Power 5 head coaching job.

Good luck
Did you graduate from middle school? What the hexx are you babbling about?

I think we all should celebrate this major milestone which Annotates this greatness - for the greatest of All Times.
While bowing down to this individual, I think Kingship is appropriate to
West Virginia.

I think he should be invited back to celebrate decades of greatness as a symbol of WVU, as a head coach.

I think we all should celebrate this major milestone which Annotates this greatness - for the greatest of All Times.
While bowing down to this individual, I think Kingship is appropriate to
West Virginia.

I think he should be invited back to celebrate decades of greatness as a symbol of WVU, as a head coach.
Ok...your comments are becoming deranged and just plain stupid so time to stop recognizing you. Besides your institutions visiting hours are over.

Ok...your comments are becoming deranged and just plain stupid so time to stop recognizing you. Besides your institutions visiting hours are over.
Say what?

You're the person who thinks
Rich Rodriguez is the best coach in WVU History.

I think we should annotate Rich Rodriguez as King of West Virginia.
Give him his just, do.

Last edited:
At Michigan a place where it's hard for many coaches to succeed he increased his win total every year.

Went 7-4 against a Big10 schedule probably a little more impressive than Brown's second season at WVU.

If he's given that 4th season he has a BCS Bowl team. Michigan stupidly jumped the gun on firing him. It took him 5 seasons at WVU to actually get it going.

At Arizona he had Two 8 win seasons

One 10 win season

Two 7 win seasons

One losing season.

Going 45-35 at Arizona is like going 45-35 at Wake Forest or Vanderbilt. I lived in Phoenix during his Arizona years, trust me ASU and Arizona are tough places to win at. Why go to Southern Arizona when you can go to Southern California or a Blue Blood like Texas. That area is twice as difficult to recruit to as WVU deals with.

I get hating him because you feel betrayed but saying he failed (like a few select people claim) is silly and an uneducated biased claim. Get over it.
"Failed" might be too strong. But certainly he DID NOT live up to expectations anywhere after he left the Mountaineers. IMHO he left the best job he'd ever have when he left WVU. I'm not talking about $$$$ but rather job security and not having the pressure to win a national championship (like he had a Michigan). AT WVU he was home and never had to worry about being fire. AND he could have won a National Championship here. But alas, we saw the true DickRod - no respect for his state or his alma matar.

"Failed" might be too strong. But certainly he DID NOT live up to expectations anywhere after he left the Mountaineers. IMHO he left the best job he'd ever have when he left WVU. I'm not talking about $$$$ but rather job security and not having the pressure to win a national championship (like he had a Michigan). AT WVU he was home and never had to worry about being fire. AND he could have won a National Championship here. But alas, we saw the true DickRod - no respect for his state or his alma matar.
Really well said

Reactions: Euell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT