on all this Caps barrage.
Hate to give you writing advice,
but this all Caps is immature.

Like reading tOSU,
he or she lost me after all his
insults.

Flash in the Pan- RichRod
Longevity not PricRod's Strength.

WISE MEN READ THE WORDS AND SEE THE ACTIONS, NOT THE CAPS OR THE FONT. SORRY YOU DISQUALIFIED YOURSELF FROM BEING A WISE MAN. THAT'S ON YOU. JUST THE FACTS, MAN, STILL APPLIES.

WISE MEN READ THE WORDS AND SEE THE ACTIONS, NOT THE CAPS OR THE FONT. SORRY YOU DISQUALIFIED YOURSELF FROM BEING A WISE MAN. THAT'S ON YOU. JUST THE FACTS, MAN, STILL APPLIES.

Doubtful this is worth a response.

You can't Write worth a sht.

You make excuses even on content.

Back to Indy 500

Doubtful this is worth a response.

You can't Write worth a sht.

You make excuses even on content.

TELL THAT TO THE OWNERS WHO PAID ME $1.7 MILLION TO WRITE DURING MY 43-YEAR NEWSPAPER CAREER THAT FINANCED MY TRAVELS TO 56 COUNTRIES, 44 STATES AND MORE THAN 30 WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 40 MONTHS AND BUILT UP A PORTFOLIO CLOSE TO $1 MILLION THAN $1 EVEN TODAY AFTER 25 YEARS OF RETIREMENT. NOT BAD FOR A GUY WHO "CAN'T WRITE WORTH A SHIT." EVEN YOU WITH YOUR HATRED SHOULD AGREE WITH THAT. IT MUST BE MISERABLE TO BE YOU. BACK TO TALKING ABOUT WVU SPORTS FOR THE REST OF US. SORRY ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM. I ALWAYS HAVE SYMPATHY FOR PEOPLE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME.

TELL THAT TO THE OWNERS WHO PAID ME $1.7 MILLION TO WRITE DURING MY 43-YEAR NEWSPAPER CAREER THAT FINANCED MY TRAVELS TO 56 COUNTRIES, 44 STATES AND MORE THAN 30 WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 40 MONTHS AND BUILT UP A PORTFOLIO CLOSE TO $1 MILLION THAN $1 EVEN TODAY AFTER 25 YEARS OF RETIREMENT. NOT BAD FOR A GUY WHO "CAN'T WRITE WORTH A SHIT." EVEN YOU WITH YOUR HATRED SHOULD AGREE WITH THAT. IT MUST BE MISERABLE TO BE YOU. BACK TO TALKING ABOUT WVU SPORTS FOR THE REST OF US. SORRY ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM. I ALWAYS HAVE SYMPATHY FOR PEOPLE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME.
Maybe you can move to Louisiana Monroe....pick up some coaching & lady tips from RichRod & your Hero Terry B.

Ps....didn't get to read your Content.
I'm busy

I hear Louisiana Monroe is the Powerhouse of the South.

Maybe you can move to Louisiana Monroe....pick up some coaching & lady tips from RichRod & your Hero Terry B.

Ps....didn't get to read your Content.
I'm busy

THOSE LOSING THE DISCUSSION ALWAYS SAY THAT. BACK TO TALKING WVU SPORTS FOR THE REST OF US.

AGAIN, 149 WINS AND 93 LOSSES. LONGEVITY HAD AS MUCH TO DO WITH THAT AS DON, A COACH THAT I RESPECT GREATLY, BUT HE AVERAGED 7-4 PER SEASON. THAT IS NOT SPECTACULAR IN ANY BOOK. NO MATTER HOW OFTEN YOU THROW OUT 149. DOES THAT MEAN YOU THINK HUGGINS IS OVER-RATED BECAUSE HE IS NOT IN THE HALL OF FAME? HUGGINS IS A FAR, FAR BETTER COACH THAN NEHLEN. SO WAS FRED SCHAUS, DOC SPEARS AND RICH RODRIGUEZ. BOBBY BOWDEN DIDN'T SHINE TILL HE WENT TO FLORIDA STATE. CARLEN WAS ONLY AT WVU FOR 2 YEARS. DID WELL, BUT 2 YEARS IS NOT ENOUGH PROOF OF GOOD OR BAD. EVERY TIME YOU SAY 149 WITHOUT SAYING 93 IT EXPOSES YOUR IRRATIONAL BIAS. I JUST GO WHERE THE NUMBERS TAKE ME. IT'S MORE INTELLIGENT.
7-4 may not seem spectacular to you, but you must understand the circumstances of the times. First, WVU football was a decent regional football program...not a national football program... that had been on tough times since Bowden left in 1975. Nehlen not only got the program winning, he did a lot of foundational work that helped elevate our program to national status.

During the Cignetti years, WVU was so poor that it had to pull the coaches off the road and they couldn't recruit because they didn't have the money to pay the expenses associated with recruiting. And because of the baffoons who ran the state, you couldn't give a football or basketball coach more than a one year contract. While Nehlen never had the big money behind him that other regional programs like Penn State and Pitt had, he found a way to compete and elevate our program in the eighties and nineties.

Anyone who is dismissive of what Don Nehlen did here is misinformed.

Those who look at Nehlen's average record of 7-4 just don't understand the total circumstances of where our programs were at the time. WVU has done amazingly well in spite of being underfunded compared to its competitors for many years. And even though we are enjoying the fruits of the Big 12 money these days, those programs who have been enjoying that same money for years continue to operate at a structural advantage against us.

Reactions: Euell and mofo
7-4 may not seem spectacular to you, but you must understand the circumstances of the times. First, WVU football was a decent regional football program...not a national football program... that had been on tough times since Bowden left in 1975. Nehlen not only got the program winning, he did a lot of foundational work that helped elevate our program to national status.

During the Cignetti years, WVU was so poor that it had to pull the coaches off the road and they couldn't recruit because they didn't have the money to pay the expenses associated with recruiting. And because of the baffoons who ran the state, you couldn't give a football or basketball coach more than a one year contract. While Nehlen never had the big money behind him that other regional programs like Penn State and Pitt had, he found a way to compete and elevate our program in the eighties and nineties.

Those who look at Nehlen's average record of 7-4 just don't understand the total circumstances of where our programs were at the time. WVU has done amazingly well in spite of being underfunded compared to its competitors for many years. And even though we are enjoying the fruits of the Big 12 money these days, those programs who have been enjoying that same money for years continue to operate at a structural advantage against us.

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

Guy is a troll.
Why he continues to talk about a coach who left 15 years ago and who is the OC at UL Monroe..

Weird

Nice summary, nice discussion

Michigan Head Coach
Arizona Head Coach
Ole Miss OC
UL Monroe OC

Hate to tell some of you..

This is a decline. This is failure.

To put it in terms so some of you can understand

That is like going from shift manager at Burger King back to fry cook

Reactions: mofo
Michigan Head Coach
Arizona Head Coach
Ole Miss OC
UL Monroe OC

It's difficult to celebrate this (bull),

but RichRod deserves everything he's gotten, simply because of the Damages that he inflicted on West Virginia, his Alumni.

Last edited:
Michigan Head Coach
Arizona Head Coach
Ole Miss OC
UL Monroe OC

YOU'RE TALKING AFTER WVU. AND I DON'T DISPUTE NUMBERS, REMEMBER, AND AGREE WITH RICH'S DECLINE AFTER LEAVING MORGANTOWN. BUT AT WVU RICH WAS #3 IN WINNING PERCENTAGE, NEHLEN #6. DOC SPEARS WAS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE AT 80.8% AND 2 LOSSES IN 3 SEASONS. NO ONE ELSE CAME CLOSE. AND 1922 WOULD HAVE BEEN A NATIONAL TITLE IF THERE HAD BEEN ONE THEN BECAUSE NO ONE BEAT THE MOUNTAINEERS ALL YEAR, INCLUDING THE BOWL GAME.

AGAIN, 149 WINS AND 93 LOSSES. LONGEVITY HAD AS MUCH TO DO WITH THAT AS DON, A COACH THAT I RESPECT GREATLY, BUT HE AVERAGED 7-4 PER SEASON. THAT IS NOT SPECTACULAR IN ANY BOOK. NO MATTER HOW OFTEN YOU THROW OUT 149. DOES THAT MEAN YOU THINK HUGGINS IS OVER-RATED BECAUSE HE IS NOT IN THE HALL OF FAME? HUGGINS IS A FAR, FAR BETTER COACH THAN NEHLEN. SO WAS FRED SCHAUS, DOC SPEARS AND RICH RODRIGUEZ. BOBBY BOWDEN DIDN'T SHINE TILL HE WENT TO FLORIDA STATE. CARLEN WAS ONLY AT WVU FOR 2 YEARS. DID WELL, BUT 2 YEARS IS NOT ENOUGH PROOF OF GOOD OR BAD. EVERY TIME YOU SAY 149 WITHOUT SAYING 93 IT EXPOSES YOUR IRRATIONAL BIAS. I JUST GO WHERE THE NUMBERS TAKE ME. IT'S MORE INTELLIGENT.

There is something to be said about longevity. RR did have a higher winning percentage. However he did benefit from following Nehlen where as Nehlen had to follow 4 abysmal Cignetti years. RR also had the advantage of a more watered down Big East than Nehlen had. But the bottom line is we don't know if RR's 7 years would extrapolate out to a 20 year career. Perhaps his Michigan and Arizona results would've happened here had he stayed. There is a reason Jerry Rice is the greatest WR to play FB while guys like Randy Moss are not. There is a reason why Pete Rose is still the MLB hitting leader despite many players being "on pace" to eclipse his mark after several years in the league. Doing it year in and year out against quality D1 football opponents is hard and that's why despite Nehlen's 7-4 average, he is still higher on the WVU coaching totem pole than RR REGARDLESS of the messy divorce and personal douche baggery.

Wonder if Louisiana Monroe

is a Symbol for Mediator Rise in the College Football Coaching Industry?

I personally don't care what anyone else thinks of Rich Rod or anyone else for that matter. We all have our own opinion. It would seem to be a more fair protocol though to compare coaches anywhere on a basis of a minimum number of games coached rather than simple winning percentages.

Something like most successful coach with at least 100 games, another perhaps with at least 50 games. Any fewer than that would seem to be statistically irrelevant. Would a single season head coach with a 12-0 record be considered the greatest coach at WVU for all time? Where am I wrong here?

I personally don't care what anyone else thinks of Rich Rod or anyone else for that matter. We all have our own opinion. It would seem to be a more fair protocol though to compare coaches anywhere on a basis of a minimum number of games coached rather than simple winning percentages.

Something like most successful coach with at least 100 games, another perhaps with at least 50 games. Any fewer than that would seem to be statistically irrelevant. Would a single season head coach with a 12-0 record be considered the greatest coach at WVU for all time? Where am I wrong here?
Nobody has won 12 at WVU.

MOFO KNOWS. Gene Corum now gets his vote as the greatest WVU coach of all time. Frank Cignetti was a close runner up.

MOFO KNOWS. Gene Corum now gets his vote as the greatest WVU coach of all time. Frank Cignetti was a close runner up.
Frank Cignetti and The Vier, spelling optional

I suffered some of his years.

YOU'RE TALKING AFTER WVU. AND I DON'T DISPUTE NUMBERS, REMEMBER, AND AGREE WITH RICH'S DECLINE AFTER LEAVING MORGANTOWN. BUT AT WVU RICH WAS #3 IN WINNING PERCENTAGE, NEHLEN #6. DOC SPEARS WAS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE AT 80.8% AND 2 LOSSES IN 3 SEASONS. NO ONE ELSE CAME CLOSE. AND 1922 WOULD HAVE BEEN A NATIONAL TITLE IF THERE HAD BEEN ONE THEN BECAUSE NO ONE BEAT THE MOUNTAINEERS ALL YEAR, INCLUDING THE BOWL GAME.

What does that have to do with this topic...

Nothing whatsoever.

Wonder if Louisiana Monroe

is a Symbol for Mediator Rise in the College Football Coaching Industry?

They actually beat Alabama with Nick Saban as crazy as that sounds..

But it was in Year 1.

Since they moved up from I-AA they have been horrible...

But they are in a conference with schools who all have deep talent around the University
Not one of the best G5 jobs in the country. Not going anywhere there

In "tallying up" this Divorce,

I guess most WVU fans forget the PricRod tried to convince Both Joc Saunders and Noel Devine to
transfer to UM.

Arrogance generated
collateral damage, nothing more nothing less.

Not RR, nor Holgerson return even in ceremony.

Louisiana Monroe not a booster to a normal Resume'

Terrell Pryor was another nugget in this story...Gibson was recruiting Terrell Pryor to WVU...they move to Michigan, attention went to Terrell Pryor to Michigan.

Gibson another back stabber.
Wvu fans dumb enough to forgive Gibson, too.

There is something to be said about longevity. RR did have a higher winning percentage. However he did benefit from following Nehlen where as Nehlen had to follow 4 abysmal Cignetti years. RR also had the advantage of a more watered down Big East than Nehlen had. But the bottom line is we don't know if RR's 7 years would extrapolate out to a 20 year career. Perhaps his Michigan and Arizona results would've happened here had he stayed. There is a reason Jerry Rice is the greatest WR to play FB while guys like Randy Moss are not. There is a reason why Pete Rose is still the MLB hitting leader despite many players being "on pace" to eclipse his mark after several years in the league. Doing it year in and year out against quality D1 football opponents is hard and that's why despite Nehlen's 7-4 average, he is still higher on the WVU coaching totem pole than RR REGARDLESS of the messy divorce and personal douche baggery.

GOOD POINTS BUT I DISAGREE WITH YOUR CONCLUSION ... AGREEABLY.

If RR would have Recruited Terrell Pryor to Michigan, his legacy would have been different

Better yet, Can we imagine Terrell Pryor replacing Pat White at West Virginia?

ChickenSht ran a hid
after the Pittsburgh Disaster.

Last edited:
If RR would have Recruited Terrell Pryor to Michigan, his legacy would have been different

Better yet, Can we imagine Terrell Pryor replacing Pat White at West Virginia?

ChickenSht ran a hid
after the Pittsburgh Disaster.

REMEMBER THAT PAT WHITE WAS INJURED AGAINST PITT AND THREW A POOR PASS INTO THE NORTH END ZONE AT THE END OF THE GAME, NOT NORMAL FOR PAT, WINNER OF 4 BOWLS, THAT WOULD HAVE PULLED THE GAME OUT FOR A 16-14 VICTORY. CAN'T BLAME THE LOSS ALL ON RICH. PAT'S INJURY PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE, JUST A PAT'S SKILLS PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE IN RICH'S W-L RECORD.

Sure
anything you say.

It was RichRod decision to not run the ball when Shady McCoy was tearing West Virginia "a new 1", for Pittsburgh.

You should change your name
to "Excuses Eeer".

Sorry - but was one of the dumbest conclusions to save PricRod's Ass (reputation blown)

Hope you are not as Gullible in real life.

REMEMBER THAT PAT WHITE WAS INJURED AGAINST PITT AND THREW A POOR PASS INTO THE NORTH END ZONE AT THE END OF THE GAME, NOT NORMAL FOR PAT, WINNER OF 4 BOWLS, THAT WOULD HAVE PULLED THE GAME OUT FOR A 16-14 VICTORY. CAN'T BLAME THE LOSS ALL ON RICH. PAT'S INJURY PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE, JUST A PAT'S SKILLS PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE IN RICH'S W-L RECORD.
Lame excuse. He never was much of a downfield passer, and LeSean McCoy's dominance of WVU's defense was the primary reason that Pitt won in 2007, and again 2008. Look up McCoy's rushing totals in those two games, then get back to us. Remember: It's all about the numbers, according to you.

Reactions: Rootmaster and mofo
I'll be celebrating the Warthogs of Louisiana Monroe vs Grambling.

At Michigan a place where it's hard for many coaches to succeed he increased his win total every year.

Went 7-4 against a Big10 schedule probably a little more impressive than Brown's second season at WVU.

If he's given that 4th season he has a BCS Bowl team. Michigan stupidly jumped the gun on firing him. It took him 5 seasons at WVU to actually get it going.

At Arizona he had Two 8 win seasons

One 10 win season

Two 7 win seasons

One losing season.

Going 45-35 at Arizona is like going 45-35 at Wake Forest or Vanderbilt. I lived in Phoenix during his Arizona years, trust me ASU and Arizona are tough places to win at. Why go to Southern Arizona when you can go to Southern California or a Blue Blood like Texas. That area is twice as difficult to recruit to as WVU deals with.

I get hating him because you feel betrayed but saying he failed (like a few select people claim) is silly and an uneducated biased claim. Get over it.

At UM, there is only one game that counts each and every year. A game that Rich never won. He could have finished 11-1 every year, but unless he beats the Buckeyes....he's toast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT