ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs PITT QUESTION

I nominate this for the most brainless statement of the decade on this forum. Just don't play anybody and punish 'em all!

Not everyone is your rival.
Pitt is on its last breath.
Penn State has knocked them down and jumped all over their head.

Why should WV let them back up and give them a home game that will mean 60+K in their stadium.

It is not like it was before when Pitt was considered to be a historic program.

Today when people think of Pitt they think of empty stadiums and an average team or they don't think of them.

Much different than in the 1990's when a program like Ohio St considered Pitt a worthy adversary.

Last edited:
Good Lord you are thick. Pitt plays in the ACC....where, much to the frustration of the mental midgets like you on this forum, Clemson is a member.

Good Lord you are thick. Pitt plays in the ACC....where, much to the frustration of the mental midgets like you on this forum, Clemson is a member.

Miami also won NC in the Big East
That doesn't have anything to do with Pitt and the other ACC schools that shouldn't be in the P5 .

Not everyone is your rival.
Pitt is on its last breath.
Penn State has knocked them down and jumped all over their head.

Why should WV let them back up and give them a home game that will mean 60+K in their stadium.

It is not like it was before when Pitt was considered to be a historic program.

Today when people think of Pitt they think of empty stadiums and an average team or they don't think of them.

Much different than in the 1990's when a program like Ohio St considered Pitt a worthy adversary.

Because the fans enjoy it.

Some of us just enjoy it for what it is and don't view it as geopolitical warfare.

Because the fans enjoy it.

Some of us just enjoy it for what it is and don't view it as geopolitical warfare.

Fans enjoy something they are attached to.

Either they went to the university or they are from the state.

Football is a form of war.
Didn't you hear Larry Fedora's explanation on why people love football and why taking the toughness out of football will hurt our civilization.

Fedora isn't out of the norm with this belief.
He learned this coming up through the Texas HS system.

This belief isn't just inclusive to Texas as a lot of the states surrounding Texas see football in the same light.

The passion of the sport is because people see it as warfare.

Was on 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh that they talked about the rivalry and series going past the 4 yrs. I was in and out of my car so maybe the topic evolved to what I heard. With that said you think WVU officials don’t want Pitt on schedule long term? I’m thinking they do.
93.7 talks frequently about the rivalry. Most of the bobbleheads there are very much for the game every year. They would also love to play PSU every year but know it isn't in the cards. Many of the reasons given for the shPitt / WVU game is that it's good media for a few weeks. WVU also brings about 30k to ketchup field to fill it up. Other than ND and PSU and possibly Clemson there isn't the draw to even get over 40k on the north side. We think our students are pretty bad getting to the games. shPitt is way worse. They can't give tickets away.

Fans enjoy something they are attached to.

Either they went to the university or they are from the state.

Football is a form of war.
Didn't you hear Larry Fedora's explanation on why people love football and why taking the toughness out of football will hurt our civilization.

Fedora isn't out of the norm with this belief.
He learned this coming up through the Texas HS system.

This belief isn't just inclusive to Texas as a lot of the states surrounding Texas see football in the same light.

The passion of the sport is because people see it as warfare.

Football is not a form of war. Neither is hockey or rugby or any other sport. It is a violent sport. That is all.

Just because dopes view it as such doesnt mean it is...find priorities and find a place in the real world.

93.7 talks frequently about the rivalry. Most of the bobbleheads there are very much for the game every year. They would also love to play PSU every year but know it isn't in the cards. Many of the reasons given for the shPitt / WVU game is that it's good media for a few weeks. WVU also brings about 30k to ketchup field to fill it up. Other than ND and PSU and possibly Clemson there isn't the draw to even get over 40k on the north side. We think our students are pretty bad getting to the games. shPitt is way worse. They can't give tickets away.

I go to games. Can’t argue. Your post is accurate. A game here or there would bump attendance. Clemson hasn’t come to Pitt but you’re right. FSU game at Pitt was close to a sellout. Pitt would average 45-48 thousand at old Pitt Stadium. Pitt has a couple years at Heinze that averaged 55-58 thousand for a year or two if I remember correctly but generally for ACC games 40-45 thousand was normal. Obviously most Programs that play in an NFL don’t do well attendance wise and Pitt is no different.

Not really. One of my best friends lives there and he has his last chemo session next week. If he is up for it, I was planning on taking him to the Baylor game.

If you need a great place to eat you’re more then welcome to grab dinner at my club. Pittsburgh Field Club. Excellent kitchen and menu. Feel free to private me any time if your buddy is up to it and prayers sent to your buddy. UPMC and healthcare in general is top shelf in Pittsburgh. He’s in good hands.

Dude I grew up with WVU. Dude I’ve been to more game than you and supported WVU way more then you if I play the odds. You can’t tell me anything about WVU history.

Oh I definitely can...for example, I can tell you what it is like being an actual student there.

Virginia Tech was the game the students were most excited about. Pitt was a big deal but Virginia Tech was what the students always got hyped for when I was there.

Reactions: WVUFanForever
Does WVU still love us.

We miss you. Without WVU I don't think Pitt can go on.

Can you please play us every year since our Daddy Penn St won't.

Oh I definitely can...for example, I can tell you what it is like being an actual student there.

Virginia Tech was the game the students were most excited about. Pitt was a big deal but Virginia Tech was what the students always got hyped for when I was there.

That doesn’t make you an expert in WVU history. If you think Pitt/WVU is lower down the food chain than WVU/VaTech you are on the wrong side of history. I respect if you like a Tech game better than a Pitt game but don’t try to create Fake News about the rest of WVU fan base. Congrats on going to a great school but you can’t speak for decades of fanbase. I didn’t attend WVU but I’ve spent a lot of time in Morgantown. I know what the Pitt/WVU Rivalry represents.

I don't think Pitt is holding up its end of the rivarly.

At one time Pitt was a great football program but things have changed and Pitt is a shell of its former self.

That is why you are on here promoting Pitt to play WV every year.

Your team needs the energy.
Pitt is on life support.
Playing WV could give them the jump they need to established some forward momentum.

That doesn’t make you an expert in WVU history. If you think Pitt/WVU is lower down the food chain than WVU/VaTech you are on the wrong side of history. I respect if you like a Tech game better than a Pitt game but don’t try to create Fake News about the rest of WVU fan base. Congrats on going to a great school but you can’t speak for decades of fanbase. I didn’t attend WVU but I’ve spent a lot of time in Morgantown. I know what the Pitt/WVU Rivalry represents.

What I said was, when I was a student at WVU, Virginia Tech was bigger, and it was.

You wouldnt know this stuff, you have only visited.

As someone who attended Pitt, you really wouldnt understand any of this stuff.

Last edited:
What I said was, when I was a student at WVU, Virginia Tech was bigger, and it was.

Don’t double down on being a insecure bitch. So you like the Tech game. Cool. So 11 other follow geek fanboys love that game. Generations of other WVU faithful think you’re a tool. You went to WVU for 4 or 5 years. Drank a bunch of beer and smoked a ton of weed later you’re a homer fanbase spokesman. Sweet!

I don't think Pitt is holding up its end of the rivarly.

At one time Pitt was a great football program but things have changed and Pitt is a shell of its former self.

That is why you are on here promoting Pitt to play WV every year.

Your team needs the energy.
Pitt is on life support.
Playing WV could give them the jump they need to established some forward momentum.

GFY WVU cuck haha.

No.

You love me more than Virginia Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT