ADVERTISEMENT

WVU vs PITT QUESTION

So what makes you?

Hilarious you are telling a WVU grad who the hottest rival was during his time at Morgantown.

GFY.....

40 years of being around Pitt and WVU football. That’s your answer. If you think 40 years of history place VaTech past Pitt in the WVU food chain you’re a fvckin idiot. You’re on the wrong side of this discussion.

Last edited:
40 years of being around Pitt and WVU football. That’s your answer. If you think 40 years of history place VaTech past Pitt in the WVU food chain toure a fvckin idiot. Your on the wrong side of this discussion.

You are*
You are making me look bad.

I’ll dedicate my GFYs to Texass going forward. I respect your postings and WVU grad status way more than that.

Is he. He is just jealous that he cannot be a Pitt/WVU fan like GregJacobs. LOL. Stop talking to me. You are going to make people think I talk to myself again. I am not one of your alters. LOL

LOL at you talking in the third person.
GFY Texass.

I think I need to go.

I feel like a jealous ex lover with this topic.
If WVU wants Virginia Tech and Penn St let them have them.
None of them will ever treat WVU like Pitt did . Remember the backrubs and the breakfast in bed.

Does Penn St do that for you?

I want our esteemed football rivalry with the dominant power that is ECU to be brought back to its former glory

But do you truthfully think Pitt deserves a home game.

I think only if they give the money to WV that WV brings to them

Pitt has zero attendance
Only when they play Penn St.
Losing the WV game hurt them a lot more than it hurt WVU

All games in Morgantown or DC...Pitt fans do not attend anyway so we can put it wherever we wany

If you need a great place to eat you’re more then welcome to grab dinner at my club. Pittsburgh Field Club. Excellent kitchen and menu. Feel free to private me any time if your buddy is up to it and prayers sent to your buddy. UPMC and healthcare in general is top shelf in Pittsburgh. He’s in good hands.
It really has highlighted the quality of health care in Pittsburgh. Thanks, Dave is the one who always put together our group for the games at Pitt. He brought the food and I brought the beer. Half our group was Pitt fans.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
40 years of being around Pitt and WVU football. That’s your answer. If you think 40 years of history place VaTech past Pitt in the WVU food chain you’re a fvckin idiot. You’re on the wrong side of this discussion.

Sorry Greg but you dont know what you are talking about.

You are an interloper.

How many seats were empty for The Backyard Brawl? And the atmosphere was great. Plus it brought attention to WVU as it was always highly advertised and always had a prime TV slot. So its good business and good exposure for name recognition for recruiting, if you don't care about the game per se, think about the other benefits. That game always had big TV ratings. But ii want to play it because I hate Pitt and want to beat on them .

How many seats were empty for The Backyard Brawl? And the atmosphere was great. Plus it brought attention to WVU as it was always highly advertised and always had a prime TV slot. So its good business and good exposure for name recognition for recruiting, if you don't care about the game per se, think about the other benefits. That game always had big TV ratings. But ii want to play it because I hate Pitt and want to beat on them .

But WV played Tennessee this year that had a higher rating than any game Pitt would give them.
WV had four very highly rated games this year.

All games in Morgantown or DC...Pitt fans do not attend anyway so we can put it wherever we wany

I agree

West Virginia controls the negotiations.
With this they can get Pitt to bend to their wants.

But more than that why lock Pitt up every year.
Look at Iowa St. They have to play Iowa every year. This causes Iowa St to have major scheudling issues.
If they want a big time OOC they have to play 11 P5 games.

Can't understand how some morons think that it is better to schedule and play Liberty, Youngstown St...and even teams like BYU and NC State than to play to people who actually live in the Morgantown tri state area and play Pitt again...where they can get to the game...even if it is played in Pittsburgh. Good Lord are some folks dense, yokel minded, and just plain idiotic. When the Big 12-2=10 flag football conference collapses WVU will be begging for those Pitt games.

People are saying it is better to rotate....

Play Va Tech, Maryland, Penn State and even Pitt.
All have given WV a series in the upcoming future.

Va Tech and Penn State are better OOC than Pitt
Without question

I want our esteemed football rivalry with the dominant power that is ECU to be brought back to its former glory

That would be funny if WV treated Pitt like ECU.
Keep pushing back the game when they are suppose to play in Pittsburgh

That would be the final nail in the coffin for Pitt

LOL - Seriously, who begins a response by saying they arent someone else?

Freudian slip by GregRoot.

He will deny it

Greg/Root thinks people on here are retarded and he can say anything and people will believe him.

Like he is a WV/Pitt fan.

That’s what it’s all about brother. Well said.

So I hear report from presser on the radio that new head coach wants Pitt on schedule for like........forever. I kinda assume he doesn’t know much of anything about WVU or Pitt other than the 4 hrs of google research about WVU he kind of admitted to. He comes out in presser calling for the rivalry to be played annually. So that tells me easily that AD and school officials want the game badly because of course Coach know little about WVU and less about Pitt. So here’s my question. Why does head coach and university officials want Pitt back in the stable badly yet some on here(homer fan base) act like Pitt is not important or a rivalry when obviously they are to the people that count?

The answer is easy. “ The people that count” are old and remember what the rivalry was. Fans now Have been raised in the expansion area of college football where you have WVU in the big 12 and you almost had TCU in the big east and you have Syracuse in the ACC and Maryland in the B10.

Rivalries have been exchanged for money. Many of the fans on here don’t even remember Mark Bulger.

It’s the price that was paid to stay relevant. Personally, I am glad we’re not in the ACC. I hope this whole ride lands us in the SEC. That being said, I would be fine if we never play Pitt again. It’s not a rivalry anymore.

I am not Greg. I guess if Pitt cannot play their other rivals Penn St and the Steelers then they won't play WVU either. Maybe Duquesne will give us a game every year. They need us more than we need them..

You must be young because you don’t have a clue about the depth of the roots in this rivalry.

Swing and a miss planebill. I've been a WVU fan for over 40 years. We played for years. It was fun, but playing Pitt with their such long time period of being irrelevant adds no value to Mountaineer football. Nothing to gain by playing a nobody.

WVU and it's fans love playing Pitt. WVU has gotten the better of Pitt during most of our lifetimes and we love watching the ass kickings.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Sometimes I wonder if really keep up with things. I have been a WVU fan over 40 years and Pitt was the biggest game then PSU. VT only started to matter later.

Records in the brawl mean nothing both of us have beaten each other while unranked and the other was top 10.

I hate Pitt and VT the difference is I respect Pitt

Reactions: Rootmaster
You really have Greggy.
You were once the Ric Flair of the trolls on here. I say you take a week off and up your game and come back better than before.
If not I think you are going to fall off the cliff, brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT